PDA

View Full Version : Women more Violent and Controlling than Men

MissMischief
05-08-2017, 10:31 PM
http://www.familylawexpress.com.au/family-law-news/children/childabuse/women-more-violent-and-controlling-than-men-various-studies-find/2366/

Contrary to the overwhelming perception in society, numerous studies and statistics recently published from a variety of disparate sources have indicated that women are more likely to be verbally and physically aggressive to their partners than men, and are increasingly participating in serious acts of violence against other men, women, the elderly and children.

The findings were presented to a symposium on “intimate partner violence” (IPV) at the British Psychological Society’s Division of Forensic Psychology annual conference in Glasgow.

Dr Elizabeth Bates from the University of Cumbria and colleagues from the University of Central Lancashire gave 1104 students (706 women and 398 men) questionnaires about their physical aggression and controlling behaviour, towards partners and to same-sex others (including friends).

Women were revealed to be more likely to be physically aggressive to their partners, and men were more likely to be physically aggressive to their same-sex partners.

Women were also shown to engage in greater levels of controlling behavior, which is understood to be a predictor of physical aggression in both sexes.

“This was an interesting finding,” Dr Bates says. “Previous studies have sought to explain male violence towards women as rising from patriarchal values, which motivate men to seek to control women’s behaviour, using violence if necessary.

“This study found that women demonstrated a desire to control their partners and were more likely to use physical aggression than men.

“It wasn’t just pushing and shoving,” Dr Bates said, of responses to the anonymous questionnaire. “Some people were circling the boxes for things like beating up, kicking, and threatening to use a weapon.

“The feminist movement made violence towards women something we talk about. Now there is more support for men and more of them are coming forward.”

In another finding in Australia, the number of men who report experiencing domestic violence from their current partner has almost doubled since 2005, according to a new survey released last week by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).

The ABS Personal Safety Survey 2012 collected information from men and women aged 18 years and over about their experience of violence since the age of 15.

Meanwhile, girls have been found to be more devious than boys in their torment of classmates, Australia’s biggest childhood study reveals.

Kids who are poor, overweight, Aboriginal, disabled or living with a single mother are most likely to be picked on in the playground, the Australian Institute of Family Studies has found in a survey of more than 4000 children aged 10 and 11.

Three in every five kids had been subjected to “unfriendly behaviour” in the past year, ranging from hitting to name-calling and being left out of social groups.

And according to new national crime figures women are now outpacing men in the violence stakes, with the rate of women committing assaults jumping 49 per cent since the mid 1990s.

Australian Institute of Criminology data shows the number of female assaults per 100,000 women increased from 125 to 186 between 1996 and 2010 compared to an increase of just 18 per cent for men, while other figures show that mother’s were by far the single biggest group responsible for child abuse and child murder in Australia.

Griffith University’s Violence Research and Prevention Program director Professor Paul Mazerolle said there was “no question” young women were getting more involved in violence: “There’s been a moderate increase in [female] violence but we as a community are less tolerant of violence so we’re seeing more of a response from police.”

http://i.imgur.com/wjf9oih.jpg

To be clear, this isn't important because "omg women are awful!" as a lot of members here might be inclined to assume. It's important because it's completely contrary to the harmful perception that men are generally the abusive party in relationships.

Hàkon
05-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Suffering in silence is what male privilege is all about.

Females are babied with/ men are expected to be lenient towards women; unhindered by accountability, there is less incentive to reach emotional maturity and act rationally.

zhaoyun
05-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Probably because men in general are not allowed to hit back. So some women can get away with being physically abusive knowing their spouses won't strike back.

Peterski
05-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Most of violent crimes commited by women are commited when they suffer from PMS / PMDD.

This includes things like throwing knives at their partner, strangling him, or setting house on fire.

Jana
05-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Most of violent crimes commited by women are commited when they suffer from PMS / PMDD.

This includes things like throwing knives at their partner, strangling him, or setting house on fire.

Correct. There are even a women who suffer from extreme forms od PMS/PMDD that they are exempted from criminal liability in court as it is considered they were not of sane state of mind while commiting criminal offence during that periods (it's often in series).

Peterski
05-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Correct. There are even a women who suffer from extreme forms od PMS/PMDD that they are excepmted from criminal liability as it is considered they were not of sane state of mind while commiting criminal offence during that periods (ot's often in series).

This can only happen if they hired a very good lawyer. :)

Jana
05-08-2017, 10:49 PM
I don't think that this is the case.

In such case psychopaths would also need to be exempted from criminal liability (and this never happens).

I have read it in book about psychology (it was in American legal system). There was one woman who would commit series of robberies during her menstrual period and was extremely violent towards her family, she was ruled of not-sane state of mind and sent to psychiatric institution rather than to jail :D

Peterski
05-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Yeah psychopaths are considered sane. You are right that extreme cases of PMDD can exempt you.

I know a case when a guy killed his mother-in-law while sleepwalking and he was found not guilty.

LieDetector
05-08-2017, 11:07 PM
SJW's, feminists, and manly lesbos are mainly to blame for the violent behavior. But women wanting to being more controlling goes without saying.

War Chef
05-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Can confirm, women are cruel as hell. I spent all day today getting pooped-on (ofc I know it's just teasing but it's never-ending & annoying).

I guess women feel powerful when they exert some authority over a muscley guy like me. + they prolly like me but just immature as fuck to show it in any other way than being a bitch.
& ofc I can handle it, but still, sometimes it sucks to be a punching bag. xD
I learned to love it years ago. Feels fucking great, thank god I'm a masochist. I can take all kinds of hits mentally & physically.

BTW you always hear about "roid rage" being attributed to Testosterone, well let me say that just isn't true. I've taken steroids waaay back and I was absolutely zen as fuck 24/7. It's actually Estrogen that makes you bitchy and go at it w/ another girl pulling her hair out. I'm sure of it. :angryw

I still love them. :love0033:

Ultra
05-09-2017, 01:00 PM
As you can see marital rape and wife beating used to be legal for several good reasons.

MissMischief
05-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Probably because men in general are not allowed to hit back. So some women can get away with being physically abusive knowing their spouses won't strike back.

Yea, men are screwed either way. If you "let" your girlfriend/wife beat you up, people laugh and make fun of you... if you defend yourself, these same idiots slag you off for "hitting a poor woman" (plus you will face serious legal consequences). It is pretty stupid. Women are given a free pass to do this shit and nobody really cares.

jingorex
05-09-2017, 02:01 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/04/woman-jailed-for-horrific-campaign-of-domestic-violence-against-fiance-6614996/

Woman jailed for horrific campaign of domestic violence against fiancé
Harley Tamplin for Metro.co.ukThursday 4 May 2017 11:07 am
Woman jailed for horrific campaign of domestic violence against fiancé
Harriet Sharp has been jailed for 11 years

A ‘very dangerous’ woman has been jailed for 11 years for almost killing her fiancé during a campaign of domestic violence.

Speaking out about the violence, victim Martyn Brown said he hoped men suffering domestic abuse manage to ‘get out’ after his ordeal at the hands of Harriet Sharp.
Man looking out window Dark hotel room, leaning/getty imagesDomestic abuse against men: Know the signs

Sharp, 25, launched three separate knife attacks on Mr Brown, 29, stabbing him in October 2016, again December, before carrying out a brutal attack in January of this year.

Eventually, she called an ambulance for herself pretending she had stomach pains, before paramedics realised Mr Brown had a number of injuries including a punctured lung.

The father-of-two admitted he thought he was ‘going to die that night’.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/pri_38573326-e1493892231644.jpg?w=748&h=596&crop=1

Bobby Martnen
02-09-2018, 11:55 PM

Exactly. The double standards between genders that do exist overwhelmingly benefit women, yet feminists still spend their whole time bitching about the imaginary "patriarchy"...

Bobby Martnen
09-30-2018, 09:10 PM
You want some indisputable proof that women are more violent than men?

It's usually mothers who get baby boys circumcised, not fathers.