PDA

View Full Version : Classify Greek footballer Andreas Samaris

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 07:37 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/37/24/87/372487277366c106d20cac7a019c18c7.jpg

https://static.tumblr.com/e9384d80a85ed9104f8939ceb6e5ee25/ymgelni/0swnu8tgb/tumblr_static_d3i17d27tpw84gkw8gwg0gcg_640_v2.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/30/be/53/30be531c7326d898b3fa0f6062ea26b5.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBeHt2JUkAAIb_w.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/64/19/ca/6419caffc2c3ac9655704dcb6beeca27.jpg

Kriptc06
05-15-2017, 08:29 PM
fuck it
you can do it.

--

brennus dux gallorum
05-15-2017, 08:32 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/37/24/87/372487277366c106d20cac7a019c18c7.jpghttp://www.efimeridaki.gr/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/%CF%83%CE%B1%CE%BC%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%B7%CF%822.jpg

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 08:36 PM
Thanks man! I finally made it, thanks for the help.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 08:37 PM
He looks like a dark Pole. I don't know why.

barkoo
05-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Pontid.

brennus dux gallorum
05-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Pontid.

i was thinking the same

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 08:45 PM

He looks Med.

MysteriousWays
05-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Pontid.

barkoo
05-15-2017, 08:46 PM
He looks Med.

He is, don't pay attention to him.

brennus dux gallorum
05-15-2017, 08:47 PM
He looks Med.

There are some meds in Poland, not sure if they look like him

MysteriousWays
05-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Pontids do exist in Poland and Slovakia, but are not hugely common, as far as I know.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 08:49 PM
There are some meds in Poland, not sure if they look like him

Yes. He looks more like a Pontid type from further north (anywhere from Poland to Balkans), not a Med in an Italian or Iberian way, let alone MENA.

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Yes. He looks more like a Pontid type from further north (anywhere from Poland to Balkans), not a Med in an Italian or Iberian way, let alone MENA.

He is the Greek type of Atlanto-Med. You can't see types like Samaris in Bulgaria or Romania.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 08:56 PM
He is the Greek type of Atlanto-Med. You can't see types like Samaris in Bulgaria or Romania.

Of course you can. I don't think he looks Atlanto-Med, he doesn't look Iberian so much.

He also looks like Josh Hutcherson.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/JoshHutchersonSep09.jpg/200px-JoshHutchersonSep09.jpg

barkoo
05-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Of course you can. I don't think he looks Atlanto-Med, he doesn't look Iberian so much.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/JoshHutchersonSep09.jpg/200px-JoshHutchersonSep09.jpg

Why are you such a douche ?

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Why are you such a douche ?

Why are you insulting me for giving my opinion about the topic?

Coolguy1
I dont see anything Polish in him, he just looks Greek to me

Lavrentis

Samaris looks too Med for Bulgaria and Romania. I think the 'dark Pole' thing you said before fits more to someone from Bulgaria.

MysteriousWays
05-15-2017, 09:00 PM
I think he looks Greek before anything else in terms of where I would guess him to pass.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 09:00 PM
I dont see anything Polish in him, he just looks Greek to me

Well Poland may not be the right country to compare but he doesn't look "Med" like what you find in Italy or Spain. He looks Bulgarian AT LEAST whether Lavrentis wants to admit it.

Freeroostah
05-15-2017, 09:03 PM
He looks Greco-Italian-Iberian-South Balkan
Typical south euro

kantez
I don't see him as exotic as some people are saying, he is just tan.

Sikeliot
He looks Greco-Italian-Iberian
Typical south euro

No, he isn't. I could show you someone who looks like him that I went to school with who was Russian.

Just because someone has dark hair and eyes does not mean they look Med.

barkoo
05-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Why are you insulting me for giving my opinion about the topic?

Yeah giving your opinion like constantly painting Sicilians and South Italians as Lebanese, the problem is that it only involve your own opinion, totally useless.

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 09:05 PM
Well Poland may not be the right country to compare but he doesn't look "Med" like what you find in Italy or Spain. He looks Bulgarian AT LEAST whether Lavrentis wants to admit it.

I have never seen a Bulgarian with his characteristics. Samaris is simply a Med.

MysteriousWays
05-15-2017, 09:06 PM
You can find similar types to some degree elsewhere in southeastern and southcentral Europe, but really, I think he look more Greek than anything else, and his look is most common in Greece, imo. I don't think he is typical for Italian or Iberian personally.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Yeah giving your opinion like constantly painting Sicilians and South Italians as Lebanese, the problem is that it only involve your own opinion, totally useless.

This is irrelevant, but while we're at it, southern Italians are genetically somewhat similar to Lebanese people so of course some of them will look alike. If you take an issue with that, get over it because that's a genetic fact.

I classify people individually, whether other people like it or not, regardless of their ethnicity. The Greek Eurovision singer I said was Atlantid. This guy looks North Pontid. so what?

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 09:07 PM
I have never seen a Bulgarian with his characteristics. Samaris is simply a Med.

He's not. There is nothing Med in his features, he just has brown hair and eyes.

Freeroostah
05-15-2017, 09:08 PM
No, he isn't. I could show you someone who looks like him that I went to school with who was Russian.

Just because someone has dark hair and eyes does not mean they look Med.

I would say Bulgaria/Serbia the most but not northern of Danube.
He looks native Balkan Greek, nothing Slavic.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 09:09 PM

He doesn't look Slavic, but there are "Balkan" looking people as far north as Poland and frankly he looks more like the darkest, most Med Polish people (think Rob Gronkowski type look) than Italian or Spanish.

Freeroostah
05-15-2017, 09:09 PM
I'd say Pontid for the Classification

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 09:10 PM
He's not. There is nothing Med in his features, he just has brown hair and eyes.

So what exactly are the non Med features in him?

Sikeliot
I'd say Pontid for the Classification

IMO, North Pontid. Just dark.

MysteriousWays

I generally agree with this. You can find people who are north of the Danube with a similar face shape and features to some extent, but it is uncommon. Much more common south of the Danube. Would say just Pontid, not North Pontid for him.

Sikeliot
So what exactly are the non Med features in him?

His entire face. If he was light pigmented everyone would say North Pontid, East Nordid, etc.

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 09:11 PM
He doesn't look Slavic, but there are "Balkan" looking people as far north as Poland and frankly he looks more like the darkest, most Med Polish people (think Rob Gronkowski type look) than Italian or Spanish.

Rob Gronkowski looks Central European, not Med at all.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Rob Gronkowski looks Central European, not Med at all.

Well the guy you posted looks much more like him than any Italian or Spaniard.

barkoo
This is irrelevant, but while we're at it, southern Italians are genetically somewhat similar to Lebanese people so of course some of them will look alike. If you take an issue with that, get over it because that's a genetic fact.

I classify people individually, whether other people like it or not, regardless of their ethnicity. The Greek Eurovision singer I said was Atlantid. This guy looks North Pontid. so what?

Genetic facts doesn't imply a grotesqueness cherrypicking that don't even represent the genetic itself so.
The Greek girl is Atlantid but that guy can't be North Pontid just about the pigmentation head shape and everything, he looks Med get over it.

Kamal900
Pontid and Med. Nothing unusual to his ethnicity.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 09:14 PM
Genetic facts doesn't imply a grotesqueness cherrypicking that don't even represent the genetic itself so.

I do not do this. I post groups and individuals from movies and whatnot. Anyway I suggest you stop targeting and harassing me because I have been more than patient with you for almost a year. Knock it off. Don't come for me or you will receive a 3 day ban.

brennus dux gallorum
05-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Pontid yes, north pontid no, to be more specific, and not a pure version of pontids, as he lacks the "smooth" traits present in pontids. Also, as long as Pontid is a mediterranean type he is mediterranean. As for where he could fit, from my personal experience, he is untypical, but still exists in both Bulgaria, as well as parts of Italy. Can't say for Spain.

And since people refered bulgarians, being there more than twice a year I can confirm that the main type is something like pontids with strong gorid adm.

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Well the guy you posted looks much more like him than any Italian or Spaniard.

Samaris passes in south Italy, Sikeliot. Are you really trying to argue that he passes more in south Poland than south Italy?

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 09:16 PM
He passes in south Italy Sikeliot. Are you really trying to argue that he passes more in south Poland than south Italy?

Yes, I am. He could pass in northern and central Italy (among the NON-Med looking people) better than the south. I think it is interesting how some Greek users latch onto southern Italy to darken your people rather than recognize you have 2x the Indo European admixture that southern Italians have and are genetically intermediate between them and Bulgaria.

MysteriousWays
05-15-2017, 09:16 PM
He is just Pontid, not North Pontid. The main thing that makes him pass better in Poland than in Spain to some people's eyes is that there are a few Pontid influenced people in Poland and in Slovakia. It's nowhere near the dominant phenotype though, and is a fairly minor part of both countries', imo.

MysteriousWays
05-15-2017, 09:20 PM
Pontid yes, north pontid no, to be more specific, and not a pure version of pontids, as he lacks the "smooth" traits present in pontids. Also, as long as Pontid is a mediterranean type he is mediterranean. As for where he could fit, from my personal experience, he is untypical, but still exists in both Bulgaria, as well as parts of Italy. Can't say for Spain.

And since people refered bulgarians, being there more than twice a year I can confirm that the main type is something like pontids with strong gorid adm.

This seems about right to me. What do you think he has besides Pontid, that makes his features look less "smooth"?

Sikeliot
Anyway I probably would guess him as Greek first, because I see enough Greeks to know. But I would then start going northeast not west when deciding where else he passes.

You want to see Greeks looking southern Italian, go to the Dodecanese or Crete (even though DarknessWin thinks Cretans look very Nordic).

Lavrentis
Yes, I am. He could pass in northern and central Italy (among the NON-Med looking people) better than the south. I think it is interesting how some Greek users latch onto southern Italy to darken your people rather than recognize you have 2x the Indo European admixture that southern Italians have and are genetically intermediate between them and Bulgaria.

We are not Nordicists, we know that we are a Mediterranean people rather than Balkan or eastern European. Besides, genetics are genetics, Greeks are closer to south Italians than we are closer to anyone.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 09:24 PM
We are not Nordicists, we know that we are a Mediterranean people rather than Balkan or eastern European. Besides, genetics are genetics, Greeks are closer to south Italians than we are closer to anyone.

This is true for the islands (i.e. since you are Cretan, you are closest to the people in Calabria, Campania, Sicily). It is not true for the mainland, where most people are closest to Albanians, Tuscans, Abruzzese, and in SOME cases, Bulgarians.

However, this man doesn't look any of those except Bulgarian IMO.

barkoo
05-15-2017, 09:26 PM
He is just Pontid, not North Pontid. The main thing that makes him pass better in Poland than in Spain to some people's eyes is that there are a few Pontid influenced people in Poland and in Slovakia. It's nowhere near the dominant phenotype though, and is a fairly minor part of both countries', imo.

Alright, can you show me some of these examples you claim to be ? despite finding anything anywhere in Europe, this is total non-sense to me, this guy don't pass in Poland and i can assure you
that. Probably because you're in the US and get a deformed view but believe me, this guy could maybe pass in France (below 45 par) but that's about it.

brennus dux gallorum
05-15-2017, 09:26 PM
This seems about right to me. What do you think he has besides Pontid, that makes his features look less "smooth"?

the sharpness and angles of his face mainly

I would say that along with most of Greeks, he is a mix of pontid and atlantid, with in the particular case pontid coming first.

brennus dux gallorum
05-15-2017, 09:27 PM

Greeks are genetically closer to italians than to anyone else in Europe, but these italians are mainly South-central, From Abruzzo, Tuscany, probably naples not extremely southern italians

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 09:29 PM
This is true for the islands (i.e. since you are Cretan, you are closest to the people in Calabria, Campania, Sicily). It is not true for the mainland, where most people are closest to Albanians, Tuscans, Abruzzese, and in SOME cases, Bulgarians.

However, this man doesn't look any of those except Bulgarian IMO.

The people in Greece who are genetically Balkan are the Arvanites who are Hellenized Albanians and the Grekomans (we don't know their numbers but they were not many) who were Bulgarians with ethnic Greek consiousness.

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 09:30 PM
The people in Greece who are genetically Balkan are the Arvanites who are Hellenized Albanians and the Grekomans (we don't know their numbers but they were not many) who were Bulgarians with ethnic Greek consiousness.

This is not necessarily true. I could show you many genetic results and the pattern is the same: northern and central Greece are more Balkan or at least more like north/central Italian, Peloponnese is intermediate, and the far southern Peloponnese, Aegean islands, and Crete are closer to southern Italians.

brennus dux gallorum
05-15-2017, 09:31 PM

I agree, but let's not open it more here

After all, most of people ignore that about Slavic speakers

brennus dux gallorum
05-15-2017, 09:35 PM
for those who are intrested in Greek dna
http://imgur.com/BIMJlpt

Lavrentis
05-15-2017, 09:36 PM
I agree, but let's not open it more here

After all, most of people ignore that about Slavic speakers

You mean the Slavic speakers of northern Greece?

brennus dux gallorum
05-15-2017, 09:37 PM
You mean the Slavic speakers of northern Greece?

yes, these populations in northern regions are indeed the only who genetically touch South Balkans, even thessaly overlaps genetically Tuscany in Central italy

Percivalle
05-15-2017, 09:45 PM
yes, these populations in northern regions are indeed the only who genetically touch South Balkans, even thessaly overlaps genetically Tuscany in Central italy

Overlap? It's more correct to say that Thessaly is like an eastern version of Tuscany, but actually many Northwestern Tuscans come up as Northern Italian in calculators.

7eleven
05-15-2017, 09:48 PM
I'd say East Mediterranid+Pontid

Sikeliot
05-15-2017, 10:07 PM
Overlap? It's more correct to say that Thessaly is like an eastern version of Tuscany, but actually many Northwestern Tuscans come up as Northern Italian in calculators.

The northern 2/3 of Greece is like an "eastern" version of Tuscany. Peloponnese more like Abruzzo I think. But mainland Greeks genetically are more northern than people in Lazio/Abruzzo are.

FilhoV
07-19-2017, 01:58 PM
Atlanto-Mediterranean

Odin
07-19-2017, 05:22 PM
East-Med + Pontid.

Laberia
07-19-2017, 05:37 PM
Thanks man! I finally made it, thanks for the help.

Do you have the word samar in greek?

Hadouken
07-19-2017, 05:38 PM

he fits like a glove as italian imo . I would guess him that

Drusilla
07-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Pontid.

Grishnack
07-19-2017, 06:30 PM
Not exotic at all. He's just tanned (he's a footballer). Could fit in Romania without problems. Pontid master-race.

brennus dux gallorum
07-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Not exotic at all. He's just tanned (he's a footballer). Could fit in Romania without problems. Pontid master-race.

He has a similar nose type with you

Grishnack
07-19-2017, 06:33 PM
He has a similar nose type with you

Nah, not really. Mine is a bit smaller and his nose seems a bit convex.