PDA

View Full Version : Classify Kashmiri girl

Noman
05-31-2017, 04:28 AM
http://www.gyawun.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/kashmiri_beautiful_gir.jpg

Shah-Jehan
05-31-2017, 04:29 AM
you can't classify kids, btw do you identify as ethnic Kashmiri?

Noman
05-31-2017, 04:36 AM
you can't classify kids, btw do you identify as ethnic Kashmiri?

Ops! My bad.
Kashmir is actually a state, where a bunch of ethnic group resides. If you are asking whether my ancestors had been living in Kashmir, then Yes. I know that my Great grandfather was there. Don't know anything before him, never asked!

Shah-Jehan
05-31-2017, 04:41 AM
Ops! My bad.
Kashmir is actually a state, where a bunch of ethnic group resides. If you are asking whether my ancestors had been living in Kashmir, then Yes. I know that my Great grandfather was there. Don't know anything before him, never asked!

No, its okay. I meant its often misinterpreted by a lot of diaspora people from Azad Kashmir, specifically British Pakistanis that they're ethnic Kashmiri. But, the region itself is inhabited by people who speak Mirpuri, a Punjabi dialect and have similar tribes/clans as Punjab (especially Northern Punjab and Hazara). You are a Chauhan Rajput, correct? You're basically a Punjabi Rajput tbh.

Kashmiris on the other hand denotes the native speaker of the Kashmiri language and/or a descendant from Pandit community of Kashmir valley.

Noman
05-31-2017, 04:49 AM
No, its okay. I meant its often misinterpreted by a lot of diaspora people from Azad Kashmir, specifically British Pakistanis that they're ethnic Kashmiri. But, the region itself is inhabited by people who speak Mirpuri, a Punjabi dialect and have similar tribes/clans as Punjab (especially Northern Punjab and Hazara). You are a Chauhan Rajput, correct? You're basically a Punjabi Rajput tbh.

Kashmiris on the other hand denotes the native speaker of the Kashmiri language and/or a descendant from Pandit community of Kashmir valley.

Agree! You will find people with different ethnic and cultural background in Kashmir. My Great grandfather migrated from somewhere near Srinagar, Jammu Kashmir, and resided in Rawalakot, Azad Kashmir. Documents from the village accountant shows Ethnic group: Gujjar/Gurjar, and Chauhan is the Gujjar clan.
I don't know whether we have any relationship with Punjabis.

Shah-Jehan
05-31-2017, 04:56 AM
Agree! You will find people with different ethnic and cultural background in Kashmir. My Great grandfather migrated from somewhere near Srinagar, Jammu Kashmir, and resided in Rawalakot, Azad Kashmir. Documents from the village accountant shows Ethnic group: Gujjar/Gurjar, and Chauhan is the Gujjar clan.
I don't know whether we have any relationship with Punjabis.

Oh cool, I didn't know Chauhan was a Gujjar gotra as well.

You'll be interested in this thread

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?201375-Ethnic-Groups-of-South-Asia-(In-Pictures)

Noman
05-31-2017, 05:01 AM
Oh cool, I didn't know Chauhan was a Gujjar gotra as well.

You'll be interested in this thread

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?201375-Ethnic-Groups-of-South-Asia-(In-Pictures)

Thanks for sharing! :)