PDA

View Full Version : Why do my Ancestry DNA results take so long?

alnortedelsur
06-07-2017, 03:58 AM
I registered my kit on May 3 and they received it on May 5, and I am still waiting.

My kit is not even being lab processed, but is still on the stage of "arrived".

Is it normal that it takes so long before your kit gets into the "lab processing" stage??

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-07-2017, 04:00 AM
try contacting them we can't do nothing about it

alnortedelsur
06-07-2017, 04:03 AM
try contacting them we can't do nothing about it

I'm not asking anybody here to do something about it, lol

If I ask, is because many people on here who have been tested might have some experience of how long it takes, and know if my waiting time is normal or not, duh

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-07-2017, 04:05 AM
I'm not asking anybody here to do something about it, lol

If I ask, is because many people on here who have been tested might have some experience of how long it takes, and know if my waiting time is normal or not, duh

My point is that we cant do anything about it so It doesnt make a difference.... And dont ask a such a dumb question. The have a faq of how long their lab testing takes. All DNA testing companies post an estimate

alnortedelsur
06-07-2017, 04:16 AM
My point is that we cant do anything about it so It doesnt make a difference.... And dont ask a such a dumb question. The have a faq of how long their lab testing takes. All DNA testing companies post an estimate

I already did all that, lol. Their estimate is 6-8 weeks, and they say that delays might occur, due to high demand, but a month has passed already since they received my sample, and is not even being lab processed.

I just want to read answers from other sources, to confirm that the delay is due to high demand, and not because there is something wrong with my sample. I have seen other people doing these questions on forums, because many users who have made the test might have had the same experience, so is not a dumb question at all, lol.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-07-2017, 04:24 AM
I already did all that, lol. Their estimate is 6-8 weeks, and they say that delays might occur, due to high demand, but a month has passed already since they received my sample, and is not even being lab processed.

I just want to read answers from other sources, to confirm that the delay is due to high demand, and not because there is something wrong with my sample. I have seen other people doing these questions on forums, because many users who have made the test might have had the same experience, so is not a dumb question at all, lol.

Yea it is kind of dumb to ask though. Because you didn't ask if people were having issues due to high demand.

So it means you didn't have an idea about it first really. You asked the question as if you had no idea it might be in high demand. You read answers from other sources likely just right now. If your thing wasn't processing obviously it means theres a big delay or theres an issue with your kit most likely ( probably being skipped in a batch it was supposed to be or something). So yea you were asking a dumb question. I mean use common sense kid. Its been a month and is in just arrived status. Thats why I said to contact them.

Rethel
06-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Maybe they know, that you deny your provenance...

Leto
06-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Wow, you seem to have gotten rich, bro.:thumb001:;) Ordered another DNA test. I remember you said you didn't have enough money for a test. Anyway, it'll be interesting to compare your 23andme and ADNA.

Dick
06-12-2017, 05:52 PM
OP stop asking dumb questions. Taigthdjkglkdbkfed is right.

alnortedelsur
06-12-2017, 05:58 PM
My sample is already being lab processed (since just a couple of days after I opened this thread asking my "dumb" question).