PDA

View Full Version : 602,000 Nigerians migrated to Europe in 2016, says UN ex-envoy

Mingle
06-10-2017, 05:22 AM
Former Nigerian Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN), Martin Uhomoibhi yesterday disclosed that 602,000 Nigerians migrated to European countries in 2016 through the desert of which 27,000 died on their way.

Uhomoibhi stated this during a courtesy visit of the European Union (EU) Ambassador to Nigeria and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), Michael Arrion to Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu at government house, Birnin-Kebbi.

He pointed out that 68 per cent of the dead immigrants were graduates of higher institutions in the country.

“You can imagine that trend! We are not at war like Syria or Iraq. Why are we migrating as if there is war?” he queried.

The former envoy lamented that some surviving immigrants that escaped through the desert became slaves in Libya while others engaged in illegal businesses.

“No one says we should not migrate abroad, especially for studies. But our destiny is here. Nobody will help Nigeria except we help ourselves,” he added.

Speaking, Arrion told Governor Bagudu that European countries would always welcome legitimate immigrants from Africa because the EU was interested in Africa’s growth and development.

He noted that the EU would sustain its partnership with Africa, especially on investments, education, industrialisation and workforce.

“About seven million children are born yearly in Nigeria alone while five million children are born in European countries. We would continue to partner with Africa, especially Nigeria on our common historical relationship,” he added.

In his response, Bagudu said most Nigerians love their country and it was always a hard decision for majority to leave Nigeria to an unknown destination usually in search of greener pastures.

He urged the EU to establish universities and industries in Nigeria to stem the high rate of immigrants to the EU adding, “If they are looking for greener pastures, it will be within their reach and they will stop taking unnecessary risks.”

https://guardian.ng/news/602000-nigerians-migrated-to-europe-in-2016-says-un-ex-envoy/

LoLeL
06-10-2017, 05:43 AM
Emigration from Africa won't be limited to Europe.

Fractal
06-10-2017, 06:06 AM
Emigration from Africa won't be limited to Europe.

Which is unfortunate because I don't want any of them here in California, and neither do African-Americans.

This state is already overcrowded as it is.

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Nigeria is the 7th most populous country in the world!

The current population of Nigeria is 191,498,911 as of Saturday, June 10, 2017, based on the latest United Nations estimates.

The median age in Nigeria is 18 years.

This is insane...in 1950 the had a population of 41 million in 1990 95 million, and now 195!

Average fertility rate 6%

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/nigeria-population/

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Which is unfortunate because I don't want any of them here in California, and neither do African-Americans.

This state is already overcrowded as it is.

USA does not need them.. howerver Nigerian immigrants would be beneficial for Euro countries with weaker basketball teams. ;)

Grishnack
06-10-2017, 10:18 AM
He pointed out that 68 per cent of the dead immigrants were graduates of higher institutions in the country.

Damn. At the very least they are sending good men and women. I can't help to think that this is certainly not a good thing for their home country. They should have stayed at home, helping their country.

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 10:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8cQCnnWVWM

Nigerians making Greeks proud around the world :D

Thanas Django
06-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Nigerians also recently flooded Cambodia and Thailand.

Ujku
06-10-2017, 10:34 AM
I prefer Syrians 100 times over niggerians..

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 10:58 AM
I prefer Syrians 100 times over niggerians..

I'll take the Nigerians and cola with it.

Ujku
06-10-2017, 11:02 AM
I'll take the Nigerians and cola with it.

You like that black D , don't you Raine?

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Move over Bollywood! Nollywood (Nigeria's movie industry) has recently been ranked as the second largest industry in the world. Every single week 200 Nollywood movies are produced

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jrxpoDawAr8/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/www.informafrica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Top-7-Nollywood-movies.png

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7hRB51aAd4coVZKCOji_7LdQ7ZzGTn Zok9p9k74OnstQRlRAfnA

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 11:21 AM
One in seven Africans is Nigerian

Nigeria boasts as being the habitat of the largest diversity in the world in butterflies. The areas that surround Calabar, Cross River State, located in the country's southern region, are widely believed to harbor the largest diversity of butterflies in the world.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ume-nXT957o/hqdefault.jpg

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 11:26 AM
Measuring 11,8 kilometers, the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State is Africa's longest bridge and it connects Lagos island with the mainland.

https://i2.wp.com/nigerianfinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/thirdmainland.png

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Nigeria is the world’s 32nd largest country in terms of land area, or about two Californias. On top of the US, it could encompass New York, Chicago, and Atlanta:

http://28oa9i1t08037ue3m1l0i861.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Nigeria-on-US.jpg

Lagos, Nigeria’s mega-metropolis, is the world’s fourth largest city, comparable in population and density to Mumbai, Seoul, and Jakarta.

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Nigeria also has a really young population—with a median age of 18.2, half of all Nigerians are kids 17 and under, which means that if Nigeria’s kids decided they were over it one day and formed their own country, it would be the biggest nation in Africa, and the most annoying. Combine that with one of the world’s highest fertility rates, and you have a rapidly growing population. Currently #7 on the country population list, by 2050 Nigeria is projected to have 440 million people and have leapfrogged up to #3 on the list, behind only India and China:

Kamal900
06-10-2017, 11:33 AM
My close friend is Nigerian Hausa. They're good people.

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 11:43 AM
I’m sure with a history of European occupation, race is as complicated an issue in Nigeria as it is anywhere else, but as far as my own experience there, I sensed no negativity at all—only exceptional friendliness—including the roughly 2,500 times someone called me oyinbo (white) during the trip, which never came across as carrying any hostility.

(Quick pause for experienced Sub-Saharan Africa travelers to patronizingly pat me on the head.)

One other funny thing that kept happening is kids would regularly study my hand or arm or touch (or pull) my hair, which Femi’s brother explained was because they probably hadn’t ever seen a white person up close before. Here’s an example—and I’m not sure why my arm looks like a corpse’s arm either so don’t ask:

http://28oa9i1t08037ue3m1l0i861.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/IMG_46281-768x1024.jpg

A guy I met told me that he had no full siblings but over 20 half siblings because his father has seven wives. I just needed to tell you.

Nigeria is not a good place to be gay. In January 2014, President Jonathan signed into law the Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act, which jails people for 14 years for gay marriage and 10 years for “other violations of the law.” And if you keep quiet about your friend being gay, that can get you 5 years of jail time. As soon as the law was passed, the police started arresting people.

A baby’s arm can also serve as a handle. I kept seeing people pick up a baby or toddler by the arm and displace it to a new location in that manner. This didn’t appear to hurt or bother the child at all and is both hilarious and practical. I’ll be adopting this practice for all future dealings with children.

Ujku
06-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Raine you love niggerians , Maybe you are one of them?

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 11:50 AM
Raine you love niggerians , Maybe you are one of them?

I am just googling some info out of curiosity and I thought sharing it with you :shrug:

wvwvw
06-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Education is revered in Nigeria. Education being revered is a pretty universal concept, but it’s especially valued in Nigeria. One piece of evidence for this is the 2006 US census finding Nigerians living in the US to be “the highest educated ethnic or racial group in the country,” with 17% having a master’s degree or higher.

Thanas Django
06-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Nigerians are the skinny tall black dudes who accept inserting their penis inside obese white whales.

Fractal
06-10-2017, 01:21 PM
USA does not need them.. howerver Nigerian immigrants would be beneficial for Euro countries with weaker basketball teams. ;)

Awesome since you seem to love them would it be alright if Greece and other European countries takes all of the Nigerians here in the USA?

I don't know of any Nigerian NBA basketball players either

RMuller
06-10-2017, 06:48 PM
I don't know of any Nigerian NBA basketball players either

Akem Olajuwan is considered the top 5 greatest center's ever.

TrueIndepence
06-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Blacks just don't get it. They'd rather risk life fleeing to the country that belongs to other races than practice group economics with their own kind. It is a really sad story. Africans will end up extinct because of this naivety.

Mingle
06-10-2017, 10:08 PM

Nigerians don't really play basketball, that's more of a Black-American thing.

Fractal
06-10-2017, 10:14 PM
Education is revered in Nigeria. Education being revered is a pretty universal concept, but it’s especially valued in Nigeria. One piece of evidence for this is the 2006 US census finding Nigerians living in the US to be “the highest educated ethnic or racial group in the country,” with 17% having a master’s degree or higher.

Then where are all the prominent Nigerian inventors and scientists in the USA?

I know of none and I live in the technological hub of the world.

Ranger0075
06-10-2017, 10:22 PM
I dont live in Europe, but even here you can find nigerians easily
They are like chinese people, they are everywhere

Heather Duval
06-10-2017, 10:35 PM
My cousin is half Nigerian, I love them.

Fractal
06-10-2017, 10:37 PM
I dont live in Europe, but even here you can find nigerians easily
They are like chinese people, they are everywhere

lol

Antimage
06-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Blacks just don't get it. They'd rather risk life fleeing to the country that belongs to other races than practice group economics with their own kind. It is a really sad story. Africans will end up extinct because of this naivety.

Lol yea blacks are totally going extinct, they've got highest birthrate in the world

TrueIndepence
06-17-2017, 11:43 AM
Lol yea blacks are totally going extinct, they've got highest birthrate in the world

They are going extinct if they do not figure out a way of accumulating financial and intellectual capital in the next couple of decades. Africa will implode on itself or simply be wiped out by another race if Blacks continue they are. They need to adhere to extremely nationalistic teachings, otherwise they will perish, like the Black man in the Americas.

Antimage
06-17-2017, 11:50 AM
They are going extinct if they do not figure out a way of accumulating financial and intellectual capital in the next couple of decades. Africa will implode on itself or simply be wiped out by another race if Blacks continue they are. They need to adhere to extremely nationalistic teachings, otherwise they will perish, like the Black man in the Americas.

How did they perish in americas?
Number of african americans by year
1800- 1 million
2010 - 39 million

Sekkmer
06-17-2017, 12:04 PM

TrueIndepence
06-17-2017, 01:00 PM
How did they perish in americas?
Number of african americans by year
1800- 1 million
2010 - 39 million

The Black fertility rate in America is declining. Hispanics and Asians will take over both Blacks and Whites in the next century. And in Latin America, Blacks also have low fertility rates, but there's another problem there: The murder rates for Afro-Latin Americans is astonishingly high, which will ultimately lead to the disappearance of Africans in the American continent. Also, Mestizos are procreating at higher numbers as we can see with Mexico and Mestizo Brazilians who have almost 3 children per woman while Black Brazilians and Black Americans have 1.7 children per woman. We are going the way of the dinosaurs.

Fractal
06-17-2017, 01:06 PM
The Black fertility rate in America is declining. Hispanics and Asians will take over both Blacks and Whites in the next century. And in Latin America, Blacks also have low fertility rates, but there's another problem there: The murder rates for Afro-Latin Americans is astonishingly high, which will ultimately lead to the disappearance of Africans in the American continent. Also, Mestizos are procreating at higher numbers as we can see with Mexico and Mestizo Brazilians who have almost 3 children per woman while Black Brazilians and Black Americans have 1.7 children per woman. We are going the way of the dinosaurs.

This. In America at least, and especially in California.