PDA

View Full Version : 92% Of Afghans Have Never Heard Of The 9/11 Attacks

Sol Invictus
11-22-2010, 09:42 PM
November 22 2010 | Fox News

t6VmzyuqCB0

Magister Eckhart
11-22-2010, 09:46 PM
They're a nation of sheep-herders and poppy-farmers; I doubt most of them can even read the news, let alone have access to television or radio.

Crossbow
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
They can handle (modern) weapons, and have a tradition in crafting them as well (rifles).

Magister Eckhart
11-22-2010, 10:40 PM
They can handle (modern) weapons, and have a tradition in crafting them as well (rifles).

You could probably teach a chimp to fire an AK-47 so I remain unimpressed.

Crossbow
11-22-2010, 11:02 PM
You could probably teach a chimp to fire an AK-47 so I remain unimpressed.

Agreed, but that is what I wanted to say really: modern weaponry in the hands of uneducated primitives, a dangerous combination.

CyrustheVirus
04-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Agreed, but that is what I wanted to say really: modern weaponry in the hands of uneducated primitives, a dangerous combination.

We can thank cold war era politics for helping to supply all of these lovely nations with generous amounts of Stinger missiles,AK-47's and other tools of war.

Radojica
04-23-2011, 02:39 PM
We can thank cold war era politics for helping to supply all of these lovely nations with generous amounts of Stinger missiles,AK-47's and other tools of war.

Actually, we can thank US for doing that, no?

Anyway, if there's someone questioning himself why, here's the answer to why

http://www.blic.rs/data/images/2011-04-22/136372_grafika16_f.jpg?ver=1303494048

In October 2001, a few days before the start of the Afghanistan war, Tony Blair told the Labour Party conference that "the biggest drugs hoard in the world is in Afghanistan, controlled by the Taliban". He said then that 90 per cent of the heroin on London streets was from Afghanistan: "The arms the Taliban are buying today are paid for with the lives of young British people, buying their drugs on British streets." The Prime Minister repeated this claim a week later in the Commons, when he announced that the military campaign had begun, telling MPs that the Taliban "is largely funded by the drugs trade".
The cultivation of opium reached its peak in 1999, when 225,000 acres - 350 square miles - of poppies were sown, with the complicity or encouragement of the Taliban, who were accused of using part of the proceeds to buy arms. The following year, the Taliban responded to international pressure to start reducing the opium harvest. It banned poppy cultivation, declaring it to be "un-Islamic" - a move which cut production by 94 per cent, although it continued to allow trading. By 2001 only 30 square miles of land were in use for growing opium poppies.

A year later, after American and British troops had removed the Taliban and installed the interim government of Hamid Karzai, the land under cultivation leapt back to 285 square miles, with Afghanistan supplanting Burma to become the world's largest opium producer once more.

and because of this (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/14/world/asia/14minerals.html)

The Lawspeaker
04-23-2011, 03:00 PM
You know.. the daft thing is: why are we fighting this expensive war on drugs while we can defeat them with a war of drugs ? There are plenty of places in the U.S.A or Southern Europe (hell.. we can do it too in a couple of greenhouses somewhere in Northern Europe or the Northern USA/Canada) in the where we could grow cannabis, opium and maybe even coca on a commercial basis and put these mofo's out of business. Big time.

And while we're at it: start exporting. Here's some heroin, Afghanistan. Made in Europe.

Legalise it all and make the price drop and sell (just put the regular tax and excise on it) it at your local chemist (pharmacies) and the soft drugs in the pub. Just have a buyer register himself with the chemist that he has bought something there and send the name, address and amount to his health insurance (just in case it would be needed).

The thing is: those Afghans can't compete and neither can the Pakistani, Burmese, Colombians and Thai and all the rest of 'em. Let's put them out of business and these people growing it won't need any subsidies for the time being so.. it's a nice little earner and it could grow us out of the crisis. :thumb001:

And ooh: before those Afghans then try to do it with grapes, pomegranate, rice, apricots, wheat, cereal, melons and pistachio (their traditional crops): let's grow that too. Let them eat rats: good luck starving, fools !

Beorn
04-24-2011, 02:09 AM
A country without Jews is a country misinformed. :(

Magister Eckhart
04-26-2011, 11:36 PM
A country without Jews is a country misinformed. :(

I was unaware such a place existed.

Osweo
04-27-2011, 02:02 AM
I went out with a girl in Russia who hadn't heard of the 'Holocaust'. :shrug: Other places have other priorities.

SwordoftheVistula
04-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Some of my friends from growing up didn't hear about it until several months later. They lived out in an old farmhouse in a rural area and didn't have TV, eventually they heard from someone and were like WTF. So, entirely conceivable in a nation of people living in isolated areas without TV or anything, they would not have heard of this...or much of anything else.

Magister Eckhart
04-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Some of my friends from growing up didn't hear about it until several months later. They lived out in an old farmhouse in a rural area and didn't have TV, eventually they heard from someone and were like WTF. So, entirely conceivable in a nation of people living in isolated areas without TV or anything, they would not have heard of this...or much of anything else.

I sometimes wonder if such people are better off than the rest of us.