PDA

View Full Version : High-Level NATO Cyber Symposium Held in Tallinn

Äike
11-23-2010, 12:59 PM
High-Level NATO Cyber Symposium Held in Tallinn (http://news.err.ee/sci-tech/d7ea0ed2-e71d-4766-92bf-3739b7d7e192)

Nearly 100 experts from various NATO member states attended a defense symposium in Tallinn to discuss protection of military infrastructure from cyber attacks.

The NATO Research & Technology Organisation's symposium, which took place November 22 and 23, was organised by the Estonian Ministry of Defense and Defense Forces.

“Without cyber defense instruments created by scientists and engineers, [all] talk of cyber defense would be empty words. I hope that the symposium helps to establish better conditions for managing cyber threats,” Defense Minister Aaviksoo said at the opening of the event.

Estonia is home to NATO's Cooperative Cyber Defense Centre of Excellence, established in 2008.

Karl der Große
11-23-2010, 01:03 PM
NATO doesn't fit in our time no more, soon it will be as insignificant as the UN.

Äike
11-23-2010, 01:09 PM
NATO doesn't fit in our time no more, soon it will be as insignificant as the UN.

So... Have you already started taking Russian and Mandarin lessons?

Karl der Große
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
So... Have you already started taking Russian and Mandarin lessons?

Well the Mandarin can be nice, why not? The Chinese people has a high culture. :cool:

On the topic, what purpose does NATO serve!? It's the foreign legion of the Pax Americana! Not much more than that now. Should have been dissolved right after the USSR did.

Äike
11-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Well the Mandarin can be nice, why not? The Chinese people has a high culture. :cool:

On the topic, what purpose does NATO serve!? It's the foreign legion of the Pax Americana! Not much more than that now. Should have been dissolved right after the USSR did.

Well, a new threat emerged after the collapse of the USSR.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Commonwealth_of_Independent_States.svg/800px-Commonwealth_of_Independent_States.svg.png

Just because your country isn't threatened anymore, doesn't mean that entire Europe is safe.

The Ripper
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
I'd rather see a Euro-Russian alliance than this strong-arm of the "NWO" globalists.

Äike
11-23-2010, 02:48 PM
I'd rather see a Euro-Russian alliance than this strong-arm of the "NWO" globalists.

That will only be possible if Estonia and some other countries become satellite states controlled by the Kremlin. There's a reason why NATO has defense plans for this region.

The Ripper
11-23-2010, 02:52 PM
That will only be possible if Estonia and some other countries become satellite states controlled by the Kremlin. There's a reason why NATO has defense plans for this region.

Why couldn't they remain satellites of Europe?

Äike
11-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Why couldn't they remain satellites of Europe?

Because Russia wouldn't agree with such an alliance without getting something "back".

Megrez
11-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Russia is a threat to Europe? Lmfao.

The Ripper
11-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Because Russia wouldn't agree with such an alliance without getting something "back".

Ok. :coffee:

Äike
11-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Russia is a threat to Europe? Lmfao.

Not to entire Europe, only to the "lost" areas. I once asked if Estonia is safe from Russia, now if we're in the EU and NATO, from the 2-time prime minister of Estonia. He said, that we can never be certain if we're safe from Russia or not, even though Estonia is in NATO and the EU.

What do you know about the threat that Russia poses, you live on the other side of the globe, in a country that's an emerging world power. While I live in a small country, right next to Russia. Russians have tried to dominate us since 1030, political systems can change through the centuries, but their mentality and goals have remained the same.

The Ripper
11-23-2010, 03:12 PM
It would be good to shed the Cold War mentality though, Russia is not the USSR, and it would in fact be far more profitable to co-operate with Russia than act as America's puppet in their encirclement of Russia (and Iran).

Äike
11-23-2010, 03:17 PM
It would be good to shed the Cold War mentality though, Russia is not the USSR, and it would in fact be far more profitable to co-operate with Russia than act as America's puppet in their encirclement of Russia (and Iran).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2FpDtqUQIo&feature=related

Megrez
11-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Not to entire Europe, only to the "lost" areas. I once asked if Estonia is safe from Russia, now if we're in the EU and NATO, from the 2-time prime minister of Estonia. He said, that we can never be certain if we're safe from Russia or not, even though Estonia is in NATO and the EU.

What do you know about the threat that Russia poses, you live on the other side of the globe, in a country that's an emerging world power. While I live in a small country, right next to Russia. Russians have tried to dominate us since 1030, political systems can change through the centuries, but their mentality and goals have remained the same.
You will to support and be within any foreign, international organization which may even work against true nationalistic aspires of peoples controlled by/within it, like NATO and EU, just for a delusion of security and freedom from the old fashioned greed of Mother Russia to grasp more and more lands and folks against Her cold breast. You want nothing more than perpetuate this stasis in which small Estonia lives in paranoid fear of the bestial Eastern neighbor. Such a complexity arranged by foreign powers to bring an artificial stasis to areas marked by longings of irredentism, territory and control will live shortly until the next error overcomes, and when it all breaks you will be cared by none. So I say, let the might be unleashed. A dynamic approach against the stasis. Russian ultranationalism and Eurasianism clashing against Atlantist forces, bringing over devastation and chaos to the heart of Europe. It might be good for the Ests, indeed, might be good for a lot of people, a form of semi-tribal organization in the continent, no clear borders, no powers ruling or threatening lives from thousands of kilometers away...

If I was an Estonian leader, and the country was invaded by Russian ultras in war against NATO, what would I do? Say I support NATO? I would more likely join the Russians and support the most fanatic nationalism among them, making sure they would fight the enemies in the West till the total waste. In this era of mass destruction weapons, no side could claim victory... good for the small ones peripheral to the conflict.

If I was German, or national of any nation aggressed or held sway by NATO, I would truly loathe any nation or individual supporting NATO because of "fear of Russia". Indeed, a nationalist German friend in youtube told me he would support Germany leaving NATO and signing an alliance with Russia. And a nationalist (or rather folkish, "odalist") English friend also in youtube said perhaps only an aggressive Russia could save the West from its own decadence. It seems to me this "russophobia" is overgrown and based on immediate existential concerns rather than true nationalistic, insurgent aspires.