PDA

View Full Version : East Asian admix in Europe

GiCa
06-18-2017, 09:32 PM
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o8GauBOCpEs/WUbxLNn1MrI/AAAAAAAACGY/Oyy5ueuRcBEaTjQhywNIyd0Lsi-lHRt4wCLcBGAs/s1600/East-Asian-admixture.gif

Iloko
06-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Probably Mongolian-like no?

Megadorian
06-02-2018, 06:32 PM
The case of Hvar's unusual high amount of N-M231 has had me asking what's the reason for this presence in a yugoslav dominated archipelago

Crimson Winds
07-28-2018, 08:57 AM
In Turkey, East Eurasian admixure peaks in Westernmost provinces - especially Muğla - (%18) and Central Black Sea - especially Giresun - ( %16 ). It's opposite in the map. Maybe because of assimilated Greek myth in Aegean :picard1:.

http://i63.tinypic.com/53qo3r.jpg

brennus dux gallorum
04-09-2020, 06:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU0OkwdkMxs

Altaison
04-09-2020, 07:23 PM
Huns, Turkomans, Avars, Magyars, Mongols, Tatars, Saamis may cause these.

Sora
04-09-2020, 07:34 PM
Turkey is false. Western coasts & Central Black Sea coasts have more Mongoloid than Central Turkey.

https://abload.de/img/east-eurasiandtefn.png

Maybe because of assimilated Greek myth in Aegean :picard1:

True, there are idiots who still believe in that myth. Even some idiot Aegean Turks believe that myth...

For example, that user's Aegean friend: https://eksisozluk.com/entry/83048216 :picard1:

brennus dux gallorum
04-09-2020, 07:39 PM
True, there are idiots who still believe in that myth. Even some idiot Aegean Turks believe that myth...

For example, that user's Aegean friend: https://eksisozluk.com/entry/83048216 :picard1:
"Even Aegean Turks" You likely mean ONLY Aegean Turks?

Thambi
04-09-2020, 07:44 PM
is romania just 1-2.5%? atleast phenotype wise, they look more mongoloid shifted than that imo.

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 07:53 PM
Turkey is false. Western coasts & Central Black Sea coasts have more Mongoloid than Central Turkey.

Just because the coasts have more EA admixture doesn't mean they don't also have more Greek admixture than the rest of the country . It's not a myth

Chris596
04-09-2020, 08:03 PM
I wonder why some people have significant amounts of it, while in other cases it's almost absent, or have very low amounts. If the individuals who carry it, spread in the population, wouldn't it be logical to cause a more even distribution? Like in the case of other admixtures. I'm talking about continental Europe now.

Sora
04-09-2020, 08:05 PM
"Even Aegean Turks" You likely mean ONLY Aegean Turks?

No. I also included the non-Aegean Turks (they're especially from Central & Eastern Turkey. even there are such people in my family who call them so) who call Aegean & Thracian Turks as "infidel", "drunkard", "Greek offspring" bla bla bla

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 08:06 PM
Just because the coasts have more EA admixture doesn't mean they don't also have more Greek admixture than the rest of the country . It's not a myth

There is not a thing called Greek admixture. Greek is an ethnicity just like Turkish and both of them have their own admixtures.

Sora
04-09-2020, 08:10 PM

I didn't deny it. I just told Aegean Turks aren't fully Greek converts as some idiots say. But unfortunately, some idiot Aegean Turks believe they're Greek converts too. Even I witnessed that a slant-eyed & high cheekboned Aegean Turk(he's from Muğla, the place where Mongoloid percentage is highest in Turkey) claims he's Greek convert and he feels too close to Greeks(and other Mediterranean peoples as well). But if you saw him, you'd think he's a Kazakh or Turkmen etc.

Also they're genetically half Oghuz half Greek

Zoro
04-09-2020, 08:12 PM

Synapsid
04-09-2020, 08:13 PM
I didn't deny it. I just told Aegean Turks aren't fully Greek converts as some idiots say. But unfortunately, some idiot Aegean Turks believe they're Greek converts too. Even I witnessed that a slant-eyed & high cheekboned Aegean Turk(he's from Muğla, the place where Mongoloid percentage is highest in Turkey) claims he's Greek convert and he feels too close to Greeks(and other Mediterranean peoples as well). But if you saw him, you'd think he's a Kazakh or Turkmen etc.

Would you rather have Greek blood or NE Asian ancestry.

Zoro
04-09-2020, 08:14 PM
is romania just 1-2.5%? atleast phenotype wise, they look more mongoloid shifted than that imo.

It’s hard to say what The numbers in the map represent impossible to tell they probably represent an average of east Asian admixture since 1500 years ago but they don’t account for is Asian admixture older than that

The best way to figure it out is to have a 3 component calculator one for West Eurasian one for East Eurasian and one for African but the number of references for east Eurasian west Eurasian and African must be exactly the same Otherwise if you have more W Asian references they will pull the tested subject west if you have more E Asian references they pull the test subject east if you have more West Eurasian references they will pull the tested subject west if you have more east Eurasian references they will pull the test and subject east

Because of these requirements any admixture calculator on Gedmatch or G25 or 23andme etc etc will be useless for this specific task.

1- it’s impossible to figure out how much E Asian and W Asian is hidden under the various components

2- these types of calculators have more than three components

3- even if they happen to have only three components it’s hard to find one that has the exact number of references so that everything is balanced

That’s why the best way to figure it out is sample by sample using formal statistics

Thambi
04-09-2020, 08:16 PM

bro LOL, she loves east asians to the core. answer is obvious haha

Rgvgjhvv

Yeah, that's fair.

Sora

NE Asian & North Caucasian/Eastern European ancestry together :o

Altaison
04-09-2020, 08:21 PM

Only cringe cucks like that idea, they are abundant in ekşi. Most ethnic Turks have some turanid admixture genotypically.

Sora
04-09-2020, 08:26 PM
bro LOL, you're asking sora this? She loves east asians to the core.

Don't exaggerate if you want. I don't love them to the core as you claim, I just find them more beautiful. By they way, I dislike the way they eat bushmeat and their pro-masculinism(but still lesser than Turkey & other Muslim countries).

Crimson Winds
04-09-2020, 08:27 PM

Yeah I was not really informed fully about them before but Western Turks seem the most Turkic and Greek mixed Turks actualy.

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 08:32 PM
Yeah I was not really informed fully about them before but Western Turks seem the most Turkic and Greek mixed Turks actualy.

Turks from Trabzon are literally not any different than Pontians. Why aren't they the most Greek mixed Turks :lol:

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 08:35 PM
Turks from Trabzon are literally not any different than Pontians. Why aren't they the most Greek mixed Turks :lol:

He's right except you're more right :lol: I thought ethnic Turk discussion is an argument here. NO EA MEANS NOT TURK!!!!!! Lol

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 08:38 PM
He's right except you're more right :lol: I thought ethnic Turk discussion is an argument here. NO EA MEANS NOT TURK!!!!!! Lol

Well, none of us is more Greek than Giannis in the end of the day

Synapsid
04-09-2020, 08:42 PM

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 08:47 PM
This chart can deal with some of the confusions that you guys have btw

https://scontent.fsaw1-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34506982_217245349061209_7278115059971129344_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=Vw4Czz--Ru8AX_NWLah&_nc_ht=scontent.fsaw1-4.fna&oh=8d6b9e614d41fb9e5ca0a8a0693fbeb4&oe=5EB4C22E

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 08:47 PM
Well, none of us is more Greek than Giannis in the end of the day

True

Synapsid
04-09-2020, 08:51 PM
NE Asian & North Caucasian/Eastern European ancestry together :o

What about Northern American Native or Greek? Surely Greek right?

Kaspias
04-09-2020, 08:51 PM
Hmm... Thrace 0

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 Caucasus 26.49
2 North_European 24.3
3 Atlantic_Med 15.73
4 Gedrosia 9.4
5 Siberian 8.11
6 Southwest_Asian 7.16
7 East_Asian 6.47
8 South_Asian 1.37
9 Northwest_African 0.49
10 East_African 0.48

Crimson Winds
04-09-2020, 08:53 PM

cuz Pontic Greeks are not Greek in terms of genetics.

Synapsid
04-09-2020, 08:53 PM
Don't exaggerate if you want. I don't love them to the core as you claim, I just find them more beautiful. By they way, I dislike the way they eat bushmeat and their pro-masculinism(but still lesser than Turkey & other Muslim countries).

Only the Chinese do such things, because of the CCP and the greatleap forward, and Koreans don't such things these days and the Japanese never did those bushmeat things

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 08:55 PM
cuz Pontic Greeks are not Greek in terms of genetics.

Can you give me an example of Greek genetics.

brennus dux gallorum
04-09-2020, 08:58 PM

Markos, let's be honest, they don't. Greeks colonized only the coasts of Asia Minor, and even in these coastal cities, they were massacred and massively left them, there is little Greek admixture in a couple of coastal cities to technically no admixture in more inner parts of west anatolia

brennus dux gallorum
04-09-2020, 09:00 PM

lol is that question serious? Have you ever seen results from both populations of this area?

brennus dux gallorum
04-09-2020, 09:03 PM
No. I also included the non-Aegean Turks (they're especially from Central & Eastern Turkey. even there are such people in my family who call them so) who call Aegean & Thracian Turks as "infidel", "drunkard", "Greek offspring" bla bla bla

haha ok I wasn't aware of this.

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 09:04 PM
lol is that question serious? Have you ever seen results from both populations of this area?

LOL
I know your results better than you do so just go away. Nobody asked for your opinion

Kyp
04-09-2020, 09:06 PM
I personally think looking at East Eurasian REGIONAL averages and determine who is the most Turkic is pretty useless. Too many variables.

brennus dux gallorum
04-09-2020, 09:06 PM
LOL
I know your results better than you do so just go away. Nobody asked for your opinion

LOL Apart from a clown, are you also an admin?

Crimson Winds
04-09-2020, 09:07 PM
Can you give me an example of Greek genetics.

Proximity to Greek mainland and islands

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 09:07 PM
LOL Apart from a clown, are you also an admin?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xT9DPpf0zTqRASyzTi/giphy.gif

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 09:09 PM
Proximity to Greek mainland and islands

There are differences between mainland and islands too. Mainlanders have plenty of Steppe ancestry meanwhile islanders have it lesser than us
Which group is real Greek genetically?

brennus dux gallorum
04-09-2020, 09:10 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/xT9DPpf0zTqRASyzTi/giphy.gif

Op has a different opinion

so focus on my question, since you were the one to tell me to go away son

brennus dux gallorum
04-09-2020, 09:11 PM
There are differences between mainland and islands too. Mainlanders have plenty of Steppe ancestry meanwhile islanders have it lesser than us

but in the end these differences are dwarf compared to trabzon, Mainland and island Greeks score closer with each other than with the rest 90% of Europe, let alone that there are intermediate islands (like cyclades) which score intermediate to the islands and mainland

Crimson Winds
04-09-2020, 09:12 PM
Which group is real Greek genetically?

I mean a pool that most Greeks created. Pontics aren't in there.

itilvolga
04-09-2020, 09:22 PM

Pontians themselves are already not Greek that much but mainly Caucasian, at least their genetic results say so.. Western and Central Anatolian Turks plot with both mainlanders and islanders more than Trabzon Turks do

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 09:27 PM
Markos, let's be honest, they don't. Greeks colonized only the coasts of Asia Minor, and even in these coastal cities, they were massacred and massively left them, there is little Greek admixture in a couple of coastal cities to technically no admixture in more inner parts of west anatolia

The thing is there's a Turkish member here who gets Central_Greek as their 2nd closest population after Turkish. So there is definitely a genetically shared between the two populations, albeit only seen clearly in Turkish results and not Greek. This is common in results from Western Turkey I have seen.

Kyp
04-09-2020, 09:29 PM
The thing is there's a Turkish member here who gets Central_Greek as their 2nd closest population after Turkish. So there is definitely a genetically shared between the two populations, albeit only seen clearly in Turkish results and not Greek. This is common in results from Western Turkey I have seen.

which one?

Dorian
04-09-2020, 09:31 PM
Damn these Ionian & Byzantine barbarians , how dare they not genocide locals and keep a pure-bred #plottinginislands # x D race in Pontus.

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 09:32 PM
which one?

@Hapanuwa

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?304282-Western-Turkish-results-Afyon

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 09:33 PM
I mean a pool that most Greeks created. Pontics aren't in there.

Anladım brom.
Sana şöyle söyleyeyim o zaman, Batı Anadolu Türkleri Yunanlarla daha çok karışmış değiller. Bilakis Türki miraslarını daha çok korumuş olmalarından mütevellit karışmışlık diğer pek çok yere göre az. Ortalama bir Anadolu Türkünün %60 Yunan+%40 Türkmen şeklinde modellenebildiği bir durumda mantıken Türkmen genetik benzerliğini arttırdığın takdirde Yunan'dan kısarsın. Batılılar için de durum bu ki genetik sonuçlara bakıldığında da her şey çok net bir şekilde anlaşılıyor zaten.

Muğla'nın karşısındaki Sömbeki Adasından Rum örneği
https://scontent.fsaw1-6.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/92446520_113740936954658_6738529896143781888_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=cuqJAaJC2vAAX8cyzEb&_nc_ht=scontent.fsaw1-6.fna&oh=9234b3c21e271da6729616dd6c0f328a&oe=5EB5A4F6

Muğla'dan Türk örneği
https://www.imagevisit.com/images/2020/04/10/tutskiyancek.png

Hani Yunanlar ile en çok karışmış grup bunlarsa şayet North European bu denli yüksek iken neden Atlantic Med de Yunanlara kıyasla bu denli düşük diye sorarlar adama. Pek çok farklı şey de sorabilirler. Karşılaştırdıkça o soruları sen kendin de çıkarırsın zaten. Sitenin pleb Yunanlarının bilim dışı söylemlerinden fazla etkilenmiş gördüm seni. Kurtulman gereken bi etki diye düşünüyom

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 09:38 PM
Pontians themselves are already not Greek that much but mainly Caucasian, at least their genetic results say so.. Western and Central Anatolian Turks plot with both mainlanders and islanders more than Trabzon Turks do

I know it of course :lol: But I was reffering to another point there.

brennus dux gallorum
04-09-2020, 09:40 PM

these are individuals, not "the western turkey", and most of them are usually "half bosnian-half Turkish" and stuff like that

real western turkish GROUPS (not a couple of individuals) plot extremely far from Greece, Greece is not even appeared in their first 20-25 results
https://i.imgur.com/5jbkEdu.png

The Greeks who used to live in west coast of Turkey was for the most part massacred by Seljuks and then ottomans

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 09:41 PM
these are individuals, not "the western turkey", and most of them are usually "half bosnian-half Turkish" and stuff like that

real western turks plot extremely far from Greece

The Greeks who used to live in west coast of Turkey was for the most part massacred by Seljuks and then ottomans

@Hapanuwa

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-results-Afyon

You might find his results interesting

Kivan
04-09-2020, 09:43 PM

I know who you are talking about and he is Western Anatolian.
Western Anatolian Turks generally are modelled as a mix of Aegean islander + Central Asian.

Probably pre-Turkic West Anatolians were something similar to Cretan Greeks genetically.

PaleoEuropean
04-09-2020, 09:43 PM
Siberians are North West Asian though, that map clearly shows them as East Asians.

Kyp
04-09-2020, 09:44 PM
@Hapanuwa

Still equidistant to Greeks and Kurds.

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 09:44 PM
I know who you are talking about and he is Western Anatolian.
Western Anatolian Turks generally are modelled as a mix of Aegean islander + Central Asian.

Probably pre-Turkic West Anatolians were something similar to Cretan Greeks genetically.

That's all I'm saying really.

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 09:45 PM
Still equidistant to Greeks and Kurds.

That's fine. Most Turks are much closer to Kurds

Kyp
04-09-2020, 09:46 PM
That's fine. Most Turks are much closer to Kurds

i know

brennus dux gallorum
@Hapanuwa

the link doesn't work but I know what you're talking about, as I have seen similar results. Still they are individuals, with more complicated background instead of just "western Turkish"

Reis-i Cumhur

real western turks plot extremely far from Greece

No Greek girls forced to sleep with horny turcomens but as you said greek men weren't as luckly as greek girls :(.
(At least those people weren't your ancestors).Same shit happened to turks when Caucasoid men raped mongoloid women

Kaspias
04-09-2020, 09:56 PM
I didn't read what you are talking about but posting this to help

https://i.ibb.co/fYQmJ7y/Ads-z.png

Anatolian sample dates to around 1400, Orthodox, Greek speaker from Anatolia. So he already has some actual Greek ancestry, but the ones who gets extra Mycen will be carrying more actual Greek ancestry.

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 09:57 PM
the link doesn't work but I know what you're talking about, as I have seen similar results. Still they are individuals, with more complicated background instead of just "western Turkish"

I believe he is Western Anatolian with Yoruk ancestry. So still 100% Turkish

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 10:18 PM
@Hapanuwa

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?304282-Western-Turkish-results-Afyon

User Kaspias posted this before in his own thread

''These results tell us that Oghuzes are closest to Uzbeks amongst Turkic populations that exist today but it is actually a fake closeness. It doesn't mean that they are Uzbeks. Assumptions such as they have similiar Eastern Eurasian heritage can be made''

Situation goes exactly the same way. If Northern Italian and Armenian parents had a child, that child would plot so close to Greeks most probably but that does not mean that the kiddo is Greek. As I said it goes exactly the same way. Western Turks may have more actual Greek ancestry than rest but the difference would be so small. Western Turks plot closer to Greeks because they plot closer to Europeans.

We all had Greek or Armenian speaking ancestors at some point. Otherwise we would not have such genetics but it is a fact that Western Turks are the purest ones in the Anatolia.

Roy
04-09-2020, 10:48 PM
It’s hard to say what The numbers in the map represent impossible to tell they probably represent an average of east Asian admixture since 1500 years ago but they don’t account for is Asian admixture older than that

The best way to figure it out is to have a 3 component calculator one for West Eurasian one for East Eurasian and one for African but the number of references for east Eurasian west Eurasian and African must be exactly the same Otherwise if you have more W Asian references they will pull the tested subject west if you have more E Asian references they pull the test subject east if you have more West Eurasian references they will pull the tested subject west if you have more east Eurasian references they will pull the test and subject east

Because of these requirements any admixture calculator on Gedmatch or G25 or 23andme etc etc will be useless for this specific task.

1- it’s impossible to figure out how much E Asian and W Asian is hidden under the various components

2- these types of calculators have more than three components

3- even if they happen to have only three components it’s hard to find one that has the exact number of references so that everything is balanced

That’s why the best way to figure it out is sample by sample using formal statistics

It is something that many - including me were not aware of it. You do provide interesting details here. So I guess there might be deeper hidden traces of East Asian admixtures.

Rgvgjhvv
04-09-2020, 10:59 PM
User Kaspias posted this before in his own thread

''These results tell us that Oghuzes are closest to Uzbeks amongst Turkic populations that exist today but it is actually a fake closeness. It doesn't mean that they are Uzbeks. Assumptions such as they have similiar Eastern Eurasian heritage can be made''

Situation goes exactly the same way. If Northern Italian and Armenian parents had a child, that child would plot so close to Greeks most probably but that does not mean that the kiddo is Greek. As I said it goes exactly the same way. Western Turks may have more actual Greek ancestry than rest but the difference would be so small. Western Turks plot closer to Greeks because they plot closer to Europeans.

We all had Greek or Armenian speaking ancestors at some point. Otherwise we would not have such genetics but it is a fact that Western Turks are the purest ones in the Anatolia.

I think that same conundrum, however, is exactly why Turks plot with Caucasians. It's because of ancestry from either side. Greco-Anatolian influence mixed with Oghuz.

Bornoz
04-09-2020, 11:02 PM
I think that same conundrum, however, is exactly why Turks plot with Caucasians. It's because of ancestry from either side. Greco-Anatolian influence mixed with Oghuz.

Yeah, true.

Hapanuwa
04-10-2020, 11:49 AM

Just like Markos said, I'm Western Turkish with no ancestry outside of Turkey. My 4/4 grandparents are from the same village and both sides of my family say they're Yörüks. State documents show that all of my ancestors for the last 200 years are all from my village and have Turkish/Muslim names.

Btw this is my G25 K13 top 25:

Distance to: Hapanuwa
6.53516641 Turk_North_West
7.25663145 Turk_Central_West
8.18973138 Turk_Anatolia
9.03115164 Turk_South
9.93495848 Turk_Central_East
11.30796180 Turk_Burgas
11.38208241 Turk_Edirne
11.63338730 Turkish_mixed
11.86461125 Turk_Central_Black_Sea
12.05944858 Greek_Chios
12.09034739 Turk_Crete
12.94687607 Greek_Macedonia_Thrace
13.27324376 Greek_Istanbul
13.74096067 Turk_Komotini
13.98699753 Turk_Kardzhali-South-Plain
14.22097746 Greek_Andros_Island
14.52451720 Central_Greek
14.67988164 Greek_Dodecanese
14.81816790 Greek_Cappadocian
15.18119231 Turk_Cypriot
15.22834200 Sicily
15.32357008 East_Sicilian
15.39644115 Malta
15.44144099 Turk_South_East
15.45385389 Calabria

brennus dux gallorum
04-10-2020, 12:02 PM
Just like Markos said, I'm Western Turkish with no ancestry outside of Turkey. My 4/4 grandparents are from the same village and both sides of my family say they're Yörüks. State documents show that all of my ancestors for the last 200 years are all from my village and have Turkish/Muslim names.

Btw this is my G25 K13 top 25:

Distance to: Hapanuwa
6.53516641 Turk_North_West
7.25663145 Turk_Central_West
8.18973138 Turk_Anatolia
9.03115164 Turk_South
9.93495848 Turk_Central_East
11.30796180 Turk_Burgas
11.38208241 Turk_Edirne
11.63338730 Turkish_mixed
11.86461125 Turk_Central_Black_Sea
12.05944858 Greek_Chios
12.09034739 Turk_Crete
12.94687607 Greek_Macedonia_Thrace
13.27324376 Greek_Istanbul
13.74096067 Turk_Komotini
13.98699753 Turk_Kardzhali-South-Plain
14.22097746 Greek_Andros_Island
14.52451720 Central_Greek
14.67988164 Greek_Dodecanese
14.81816790 Greek_Cappadocian
15.18119231 Turk_Cypriot
15.22834200 Sicily
15.32357008 East_Sicilian
15.39644115 Malta
15.44144099 Turk_South_East
15.45385389 Calabria

kinda different from what Markos said (central Greece second :D)

anyway, you know that these results are not so common (all western turkish results i have seen hardly ever have even the most "exotic" Greeks in top 25) but even in your case that distance from Chios is extremely higher than the distance of Greek_Izmir from Tuscany

on the other hand the fact that you score Greek islands and mainland before Capadokia may imply that you trully have Greek ancestors, but still much fewer than native anatolian and Oghuz

Hapanuwa
04-10-2020, 12:14 PM
kinda different from what Markos said (central Greece second :D)

anyway, you know that these results are not so common (all western turkish results i have seen hardly ever have even the most "exotic" Greeks in top 25) but even in your case that distance from Chios is extremely higher than the distance of Greek_Izmir from Tuscany

on the other hand the fact that you score Greek islands and mainland before Capadokia may imply that you trully have Greek ancestors, but still much fewer than native anatolian and Oghuz

Yeah, I'm not sure whether I could have ancestors from Greece but I do think that ancient Anatolians and the Greek Islanders had some kind of genetic connection prior Hellenization of Western Anatolia. This is kind of logical because they're neighbours. Morley predicted my haplogroup to be E-V13, which is most prominent amongst Greeks and Albanians, so who knows. But as much as I know right now, I wouldn't claim (partly) Greek heritage.

By the way, Markos was referring to my Gedmatch K13 :D

# Population (source) Distance
1 Turkish 10.32
2 Central_Greek 13.35
3 East_Sicilian 14.07
4 South_Italian 14.77
5 Ashkenazi 15
6 Azeri 15.33
7 Italian_Abruzzo 15.6
8 Greek_Thessaly 16.76
9 Cyprian 16.76
10 Lebanese_Muslim 16.78

Chris596
08-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure whether I could have ancestors from Greece but I do think that ancient Anatolians and the Greek Islanders had some kind of genetic connection prior Hellenization of Western Anatolia. This is kind of logical because they're neighbours. Morley predicted my haplogroup to be E-V13, which is most prominent amongst Greeks and Albanians, so who knows. But as much as I know right now, I wouldn't claim (partly) Greek heritage.

By the way, Markos was referring to my Gedmatch K13 :D

1 Turkish 10.32
2 Central_Greek 13.35
3 East_Sicilian 14.07
4 South_Italian 14.77
5 Ashkenazi 15
6 Azeri 15.33
7 Italian_Abruzzo 15.6
8 Greek_Thessaly 16.76
9 Cyprian 16.76
10 Lebanese_Muslim 16.78

That's interesting. I think at some point everyone who is genetically more Balkanic had ,,Greek'' or genetically Greek ancestors. In specific G25 calculators (or just normal Vahaduo) it happens that I get 5-15% Greek, my father gets even more. I'm also E-V13 and Pontid which is one of the most common phenotypes in Greece and around it (+Turanid influence). Geneplaza K29 also gave me ~9% Greek-Albanian (see my signature). My 16th result on G25 modern pops is Turkish_Deliorman btw and my father's 8th results is Greek_Central_Macedonia, 9th result is Turkish_Deliorman and 10th result is Turkish_Balkans.

I have a feeling that my theory is not too far from the reality, this is actually a good explanation, without the SSA nonsense, E-V13 is really one of the oldest European haplogroup. Many Balkanites get ,,Greek and South Italian'' on Myheritage but I got mainly Balkan which already contains some ,,Greek'' or South European, this is my theory.

My K13:

1 Serbian 4.46
2 Moldavian 5.76
3 Romanian 6.38
4 Bulgarian 8.01
5 Croatian 8.35
6 Hungarian 9.29
7 Austrian 13.21
8 East_German 14.41
9 Ukrainian_Lviv 14.52
10 South_Polish 15.08