PDA

View Full Version : Someone offered to pay for my FtDNA Y STR 37 test

Mortimer
06-25-2017, 01:50 AM
I dont know who he is, but he said he is a ftdna match and also E-V13. He said he will pay for me and asked me what my kit number is.

Mortimer
06-25-2017, 03:59 AM
I accepted the offer, do you think thats alright?

Mortimer
06-28-2017, 02:10 AM
Yesterday I received email from FtDNA that this guy wants to pay for my test and if i give authorisation, they also wrote I have a FTDNA Sample stored and dont need first Y STR but can get now V13 SNP Pack, and that i have a ftdna sample stored because i transferred from National Geographic. Lets see if he will pay. I will find out more about my Y DNA, I dont know why this is important to this guy and who he is, but its cool. Im excited.

Hello +++,

Yes, we have a sample in storage. Since he transferred his Geno results to us, the SNP pack can be ordered without having the Y-DNA test first. However, we will need him to respond to this email from his email address to give his permission for you to upgrade on his behalf. I have copied him on this so that he is aware.

Iloko
06-28-2017, 02:56 AM
He wants some info from your DNA?

Mortimer
06-28-2017, 03:06 AM
He wants some info from your DNA?

yes my y-dna

Enflamme
06-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Cool ! You will show us your results when you have received them.

Mortimer
07-06-2017, 12:43 AM
Cool ! You will show us your results when you have received them.

I see now under orders that on 5.7.2017 my V13 SNP Pack was ordered. I dont know how long for results maybe a few weeks or faster, but this will refine my ancestral geographical locations for my haplogroup.

Vascontelo
07-06-2017, 05:46 PM
why so much luck? I want someone who pays for my ftdna y str 37 test too :lol:

Mortimer
07-13-2017, 05:52 AM
Awaiting Lab Results
AWAITING TESTS
Tests Lab Expected
E - V13 SNP Pack 08/21/2017 - 09/04/2017

Voskos
07-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Yesterday I received email from FtDNA that this guy wants to pay for my test and if i give authorisation, they also wrote I have a FTDNA Sample stored and dont need first Y STR but can get now V13 SNP Pack, and that i have a ftdna sample stored because i transferred from National Geographic. Lets see if he will pay. I will find out more about my Y DNA, I dont know why this is important to this guy and who he is, but its cool. Im excited.

How did this guy know your haplogroup? This info is supposed to be private.

Oneeye
07-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Sweet!

Mortimer
07-14-2017, 11:00 PM
How did this guy know your haplogroup? This info is supposed to be private.

I really dont know. He said he is a ftdna match

Voskos
07-14-2017, 11:02 PM
I really dont know. He said he is a ftdna match

are you a member in the e-v13 project?

Mortimer
07-14-2017, 11:03 PM
are you a member in the e-v13 project?

no.

Voskos
07-14-2017, 11:05 PM
no.

weird. they sure have privacy issues.

Mortimer
07-14-2017, 11:06 PM
weird. they sure have privacy issues.

maybe he knows me from forums? or saw me on forums?

Voskos
07-14-2017, 11:11 PM
maybe he knows me from forums? or saw me on forums?

lots of creeps hanging around bro. anyway as long as they dont give away your dna sample itself you got nothing to lose.

Skerdilaid
07-14-2017, 11:23 PM
Mongrel is paranoid lol

Don't worry dude, I wish somebody paid for my test. You belong to an interesting group, most likely V13* (Vasojevici cluster), hence why project admins and even matches are willing to pay for your test. I have paid other people's tests as well, nothing unusual once you're really involved.

Voskos
07-14-2017, 11:29 PM
Mongrel is paranoid lol

Don't worry dude, I wish somebody paid for my test. You belong to an interesting group, most likely V13* (Vasojevici cluster), hence why project admins and even matches are willing to pay for your test. I have paid other people's tests as well, nothing unusual once you're really involved.

Explain how his autosomal matches know his haplogroup when nobody has access to this info except for the ftdna staff.

His ydna info is only listed in his Geno report which is not accessible to his autosomal matches.

Skerdilaid
07-15-2017, 12:48 AM
Explain how his autosomal matches know his haplogroup when nobody has access to this info except for the ftdna staff.

His ydna info is only listed in his Geno report which is not accessible to his autosomal matches.

With Geno transfer the halpogroup show on family finder matches. He probably is listed as E-something indicating that he is possibly negativ for V13 downstream sub-branches, hence why his matches, or E-M35 admins, are interested on upgrading him.

Skerdilaid
07-15-2017, 03:43 AM
Ok, thanks Mortimer. You're definitely CTS5856- according to Geno 2.0, so most likely you belong to the Vasojevici cluster.

Mortimer
07-15-2017, 04:05 AM
Ok, thanks Mortimer. You're definitely CTS5856- according Geno 2.0, so most likely you belong to the Vasojevici cluster.

Im awaiting my results, we will see. I have no genealogical records, but my great grandfather (my fathers grandfather) was pure serb, and my dad said he came from bosnia to vojvodina but that my dad was told in army service that his lineage goes further back to Montenegro, but thats really only family rumour. I have no genealogical records.

My great grandfather.
https://s10.postimg.org/7rwnooffd/ilija.jpg

Skerdilaid
07-15-2017, 04:52 AM
Im awaiting my results, we will see. I have no genealogical records, but my great grandfather (my fathers grandfather) was pure serb, and my dad said he came from bosnia to vojvodina but that my dad was told in army service that his lineage goes further back to Montenegro, but thats really only family rumour. I have no genealogical records.

My great grandfather.
https://s10.postimg.org/7rwnooffd/ilija.jpg

He looks hardcore Balkan, Albanian/Montenegrin would be my first guess if I was asked.

Voskos
07-15-2017, 07:04 AM
With Geno transfer the halpogroup show on family finder matches. He probably is listed as E-something indicating that he is possibly negativ for V13 downstream sub-branches, hence why his matches, or E-M35 admins, are interested on upgrading him.

interesting. i was not aware how the platform works so please avoid throwing caracterizations such as paranoid etc

Skerdilaid
07-15-2017, 03:34 PM
interesting. i was not aware how the platform works so please avoid throwing caracterizations such as paranoid etc

Still though even if someone gains access to your account there is nothing that they can do to harm you or anyone else, it's just data interpretations (majority can't even make sense of it). So why so insecure, calling people creeps and bringing up privacy issues?