PDA

View Full Version : Any info regarding J2a1i (J2a12)

Gireyev
06-27-2017, 05:06 AM
When I got my DNA results back from 23andme, they categorized me as simply J2. Recently I found an online program that predicts your haplogroup by examining the Y-SNP, or something like that, called MorleyDNA Y-SNP Subclade predictor. I uploaded my raw data to it and it gave me 4 predictions as to what my haplogroup could be. The "most likely" was J2a1i, or J2-L88 (J2-L198), and apparently FTDNA calls the same haplogroup "J2a12" also. I am a Crimean Tatar from my father's side and Russian from mother's side.

I could only find mention of the "J2a12" in three places around the internet, one place was some Holocaust site that mentioned a Ukrainian Jew named Wladyslaw Sidorowicz (http://namesnotnumbers.org/student_research_Sidorowicz.html) that was born in Poland and this guy got DNA tested later throughout his life I guess and he turned out to be J2a12. But I don't have any Jewish roots, and as far as I know J2 isn't an exclusively Jewish haplogroup.

The other place that mentions J2a12 is in some archived e-mail conversation between genealogists on a website (http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2009-02/1235168607), where they talk about another Ukrainian guy with J2a12 (J2a1i as classified by ISOGG). But they keep bringing up "J-P81" which I'm not sure whether that has anything to do with what I am.

The third place that I found it mentioned is on Anthrogenica, where someone tried to reconstruct an older thread originally posted on Molgen.org (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?2272-seldom-terminal-clades-in-J2a-(position-investigation)) which apparently no longer exists. Once again though, Ukraine is mentioned. There they also categorize J2a12 under P81 and refer to it as "J2a1g" as well which, as a person new to genealogy, confuses me because I don't know what it means and whether "J-P81 or J2a1g" relate to J2a1i or not.

Does anyone else have any info on J2a1i/J2a12 and does anyone else on here carry it? Is it possible to pinpoint a general territory where this subclade is prevalent? Can someone make sense of the "J-P81" thing to me and does it relate to J2a1i?

Sorry if it sounds like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, because that's the case.

Thank you so much.

Epirus DNA
03-21-2019, 08:07 PM
When I got my DNA results back from 23andme, they categorized me as simply J2. Recently I found an online program that predicts your haplogroup by examining the Y-SNP, or something like that, called MorleyDNA Y-SNP Subclade predictor. I uploaded my raw data to it and it gave me 4 predictions as to what my haplogroup could be. The "most likely" was J2a1i, or J2-L88 (J2-L198), and apparently FTDNA calls the same haplogroup "J2a12" also. I am a Crimean Tatar from my father's side and Russian from mother's side.

I could only find mention of the "J2a12" in three places around the internet, one place was some Holocaust site that mentioned a Ukrainian Jew named Wladyslaw Sidorowicz (http://namesnotnumbers.org/student_research_Sidorowicz.html) that was born in Poland and this guy got DNA tested later throughout his life I guess and he turned out to be J2a12. But I don't have any Jewish roots, and as far as I know J2 isn't an exclusively Jewish haplogroup.

The other place that mentions J2a12 is in some archived e-mail conversation between genealogists on a website (http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2009-02/1235168607), where they talk about another Ukrainian guy with J2a12 (J2a1i as classified by ISOGG). But they keep bringing up "J-P81" which I'm not sure whether that has anything to do with what I am.

The third place that I found it mentioned is on Anthrogenica, where someone tried to reconstruct an older thread originally posted on Molgen.org (http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?2272-seldom-terminal-clades-in-J2a-(position-investigation)) which apparently no longer exists. Once again though, Ukraine is mentioned. There they also categorize J2a12 under P81 and refer to it as "J2a1g" as well which, as a person new to genealogy, confuses me because I don't know what it means and whether "J-P81 or J2a1g" relate to J2a1i or not.

Does anyone else have any info on J2a1i/J2a12 and does anyone else on here carry it? Is it possible to pinpoint a general territory where this subclade is prevalent? Can someone make sense of the "J-P81" thing to me and does it relate to J2a1i?

Sorry if it sounds like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, because that's the case.

Thank you so much.

Hello Gireyev!

I am of Hellenic Origin. I can trace my family back almost 5 Generations in Greece. I received my MorleyDNA Y-SNP Subclade predictor results and I am either J2a1i or J1a

FTDNA format (transferred Geno 2.0 results) + ISOGG tree
J2a1i
J2-L88 (J2-L198)

FTDNA format (transferred Geno 2.0 results) + Experimental tree
J1a
J1-Z2215

Dianatomia
07-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Hello Gireyev!

I am of Hellenic Origin. I can trace my family back almost 5 Generations in Greece. I received my MorleyDNA Y-SNP Subclade predictor results and I am either J2a1i or J1a

J2a1i
J2-L88 (J2-L198)

J1a
J1-Z2215

I have J2a1i J2-L88 (J2-L198) on both ISOGG as well as Experimental tree. I can trace my paternal line in Greece at least 7 generations.

Dianatomia
07-04-2020, 06:23 PM
Hello Gireyev!

J2a1i
J2-L88 (J2-L198)

J1a
J1-Z2215

I have J2a1i J2-L88 (J2-L198) on both ISOGG as well as Experimental tree. I can trace my paternal line in Greece at least 7 generations.

Rocinante
07-04-2020, 06:29 PM
https://cladefinder.yseq.net/

Use that tool, is way better than MorleyDNA (which is a good one too, but outdated).

J2 is mostly a EEF haplogroup, but tell me your results with that tool and letīs see what else we could get.

Luso
07-04-2020, 11:56 PM
This is the 11th largest Ashkenazi Y-line. Definite EEF. I'm not too sure much more but definitely use the website @Rocinante posted ^^

Dianatomia
07-05-2020, 11:33 AM

Use that tool, is way better than MorleyDNA (which is a good one too, but outdated).

J2 is mostly a EEF haplogroup, but tell me your results with that tool and letīs see what else we could get.

Thank you. I got this one

Most specific position on the YFull YTree is J-L26

Dianatomia
07-05-2020, 11:34 AM

Most specific position on the YFull YTree is J-L26

Epirus DNA
07-05-2020, 12:28 PM

I got this one too.. but mine has now become:

J2a1i (L198) (L88)

Rocinante
07-05-2020, 01:00 PM

Good!

Interesting, you have a semitic clade, with an haplogroup that belongs to the Early European Farmers. The J-L26 is an haplogroup that belongs to the Cohen Modal Haplotype, making it somehow special.

According YFull tested people, it is common in Portugal, Italy, U.S.A., Great Britain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Israel, Armenia and Lebanon.

Dianatomia
07-05-2020, 02:05 PM
Good!

Interesting, you have a semitic clade, with an haplogroup that belongs to the Early European Farmers. The J-L26 is an haplogroup that belongs to the Cohen Modal Haplotype, making it somehow special.

According YFull tested people, it is common in Portugal, Italy, U.S.A., Great Britain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Israel, Armenia and Lebanon.

Thank you. But it seems rather unreliable since I got two different results. So I can't take anything for granted. I think that we can safely establish that I am J2a though.

Always considered J1 to be semitic. Unless you mean that this particular clade of J2 is semitic because it belongs to the Cohen Modal haplotype..

Dianatomia
07-05-2020, 02:07 PM

J2a1i (L198) (L88)

So yours didn't change?

Rocinante
07-06-2020, 12:00 AM
Thank you. But it seems rather unreliable since I got two different results. So I can't take anything for granted. I think that we can safely establish that I am J2a though.

Always considered J1 to be semitic. Unless you mean that this particular clade of J2 is semitic because it belongs to the Cohen Modal haplotype..

2 different results? That's pretty unlikely too happend or be real. YSEQ doesn't lie, what is your other result?

J1 is fully semitic and arab related, J2 could be common in Israel or Lebanon, but nowhere else in the Middle East, it peaks in greeks and turks for example, also Italians have a big bunch of this haplogroup.

What is truly semitic is your clade (L26) that could be found in the Cohen family.

Dianatomia
07-09-2020, 08:58 PM
2 different results? That's pretty unlikely too happend or be real. YSEQ doesn't lie, what is your other result?

J1 is fully semitic and arab related, J2 could be common in Israel or Lebanon, but nowhere else in the Middle East, it peaks in greeks and turks for example, also Italians have a big bunch of this haplogroup.

What is truly semitic is your clade (L26) that could be found in the Cohen family.

https://cladefinder.yseq.net/ gives me L26 while Morley gives me L88.

I understand. The Cohens have it, but since J2a is South European/Anatolian, they could have picked it up anywhere.

Dianatomia
07-09-2020, 09:05 PM

J2a1i (L198) (L88)

BTW One of the Minoan tested individuals named I0073 also was J2a1i.

Epirus DNA
07-10-2020, 03:21 PM
BTW One of the Minoan tested individuals named I0073 also was J2a1i.

Yeah! Thanks for bringing this up. Through MyTrueAncestry I was able to learn that I shared DNA segments with Minoan I0073 as well as Mycenaean I9041. I share DNA segments with these 4 samples.

Minoan_Lasithi I0073
Y-DNA: J2a1i
GedMatch Kit Z445292

Mycenaean I9041
Y-DNA: J2a1i
GedMatch Kit Z667807

MA2200 Kalehoyuk c. 1750 BCE
Y-DNA: J-L26 (J2a1)
GedMatch Kit Z020190

MA2212 Ovaören 2400-2100 BCE
Y-DNA: J-M410 (J2a)
GedMatch Kit Z208691

**Interesting Discovery**
#1 Minoan_Lasithi I0073 shares DNA Segments with Kalehoyuk MA2200
#2 Minoan_Lasithi I0073 does NOT share DNA Segments with MA2212 Ovaören nor Mycenaean I9041

MyTrueAncestry vs. GedMatch Kit 'Cross-Check'

In order to 'Cross-Check' your Archeogenetic Matches with the GedMatch Kits of their Ancient Samples, adjust your SNP query settings for the Autosomal one-to-one Comparison on GedMatch. Of course this is the easy part, but to start set the SNP minimum to length 50 with 2CM required. This is the tip of the iceberg however, as there is a bit more complex work to do beyond a simple comparison to clear up the results, but a good start!

Voskos
07-10-2020, 03:49 PM
It's interesting that we got two Epirot Greeks with J2a haplogroup.

Epirus DNA
07-10-2020, 04:08 PM

It is quite interesting!! The Despotate of Epirus was the last surviving successor state of the Byzantine Empire, falling to the Ottomans in 1479. A lot of Greeks were able to find refuge in Epirus after the Ottomans took over because of the terrain. The Pindus mountains were a safe-haven for the Klephtes and they're many villages surrounding Ioannina to the North, East, and South that were impenetrable by the Ottomans and Albanians.

Pater Patota
07-10-2020, 04:31 PM
Do you guys know which clades of j2 are Armenian, Anatolian and Kurdish?

I've done Geno 1.0 10 yrs a go, it gave me just basic result which is J2(J2a1, J-m172).

Epirus DNA
07-10-2020, 04:46 PM
Do you guys know which clades of j2 are Armenian, Anatolian and Kurdish?

I've done Geno 1.0 10 yrs a go, it gave me just basic result which is J2(J2a1, J-m172).

No, unfortunately I don't. What I do know is that the Armenian, Anatolian, and Kurdish have the same ties to the Kura-Araxes culture as the Minoans do.

Gireyev
02-03-2021, 03:05 AM

Using cladefinder, my result just says "Most specific position on the YFull YTree is J2."
Also I reentered my SNPs on the MorleyDNA predictor and it now shows: * J2 [J2-F4272 (J2-PF4898, J2-PF4926)]

Maybe I genetically mutated after four years.

PaleoEuropean
02-03-2021, 03:32 AM
Using cladefinder, my result just says "Most specific position on the YFull YTree is J2."
Also I reentered my SNPs on the MorleyDNA predictor and it now shows: * J2 [J2-F4272 (J2-PF4898, J2-PF4926)]

Maybe I genetically mutated after four years.

I would check to see if it wasn't renamed, happens every so often.

Aaxavns
01-02-2022, 06:14 AM

My grandfather's paternal ancestry is from Northern Epirus (he is Greek) and he has the same J2a1i (L88/L198) haplogroup...

fabishi
01-16-2022, 12:58 AM

Thank you so much.

fabishi
01-16-2022, 01:01 AM
Hello All,

I got my DNA Result from Ancestry website and my haplogroup is J2a1i. I am from Saudi Arabia and non of my ancestors have mixed with other nations as far as the result I receive.
Would anyone kindly explain it to me?

Thank you,
Faleh