PDA

View Full Version : What do think Is the most accurate DNA test?

pmv74
07-01-2017, 09:39 PM
I have tested with ancestry and 23 and me and I have uploaded my raw data to DNA land, we gene, my heritage, ftdna and gedmatch. I think the most accurate has been 23 and me followed by ancestry and then gedmatch. The rest all over the map as far as my ancestry goes. 23 and me seems to nail my known ancestry well which makes sense because it goes back 500 years. I think gedmatch and ancestry tend go back farther as the results were slightly different but still matches historical migration patterns of my ancestry. The others seem to be all over the map and not as accurate. What are your thoughts on this????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lek
07-02-2017, 10:10 AM
I only tried Dna land and myorigins, they give me same results

Karol Klačansky
07-02-2017, 01:48 PM
I haven't tried 23 and me and I'm waiting on my living DNA results , but I have done my heritage, ftdna, DNA land. I would say the most accurate( meaning consistent to my background and also consistent with my family members results) was ancestry

Isleņo
07-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Dr. Doug McDonald, hands down.

pmv74
07-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Dr. Doug McDonald, hands down.

Does he still do DNA analysis? If so, I'd love for him to analyze mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isleņo
07-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Does he still do DNA analysis? If so, I'd love for him to analyze mine

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe used to do anyone that emailed him. Now he only does a select few that he finds interesting. I emailed him and he did it for me, but his response that he is overwhelmed with requests and only does the ones he finds interesting. He did mine because he said he doesn't get many requests for Canarians/Canarian descent. So I got lucky. But you could give it a try. His email address can be found from a google search. You may get lucky and he may consider testing someone of Southern Italian/Sicilian descent.

Isleņo
07-06-2017, 02:08 PM
I haven't tried 23 and me and I'm waiting on my living DNA results , but I have done my heritage, ftdna, DNA land. I would say the most accurate( meaning consistent to my background and also consistent with my family members results) was ancestry
As far as commercial DNA tests go, 23andme has a good reputation for being accurate, possibly the most accurate.

Erronkari
07-07-2017, 12:02 AM
I agree with you, Isleņo, excellent test, I will do a Thread with my results!