Why do you score 6.4% Balkan?

wvwvw
09-11-2017, 09:47 AM
You are only 24,7% African

Dominicanese
09-11-2017, 11:01 AM

not too sure, could be the limited sources of this DNA company

im actually around 40% Iberian or southern euro, 15% UK, and 5% Finnish on all the others which equals 60% euro

Dominicanese
09-11-2017, 11:01 AM

yes

do i look more or less?

Iloko
09-11-2017, 03:37 PM
not too sure, could be the limited sources of this DNA company

im actually around 40% Iberian or southern euro, 15% UK, and 5% Finnish on all the others which equals 60% euro
How much Middle Eastern do you score on 23andme? Don't most Latin Americans have a certain degree of Sephardi admixture in them?

MysteriousWays
09-11-2017, 03:51 PM
How much Middle Eastern do you score on 23andme? Don't most Latin Americans have a certain degree of Sephardi admixture in them?

Some do, not sure I'd say most.

Dominicanese
09-11-2017, 04:11 PM

as mysteriousways said some do some dont

but the middle eastern among latin americans is from 0-5% no more than that typically and thats from the moorish influence in spain

and im about 3% north african and 1% mena in 23andme and ancestrydna so together at 4% since north africans are arab origin

MysteriousWays
09-11-2017, 05:24 PM

but the middle eastern among latin americans is from 0-5% no more than that typically and thats from the moorish influence in spain

and im about 3% north african and 1% mena in 23andme and ancestrydna so together at 4% since north africans are arab origin

Some people from northern Mexico score somewhat more I think, supposedly from Sephardic Jews, but it's hard to fully substantiate. At least that's my sense of it. Among Dominicans, it's not a lot (usually <5% as Dominicanese said).

Iloko
09-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Who were the pre-existing North Africans prior to Arab displacement?

I checked here: https://www.quora.com/Are-North-African-people-Arabs and some said that Berbers/Italians/Greeks/Phoenicians were in North Africa prior to the Arabs displacing them. I wonder if this may be related to your 6.4% Balkan.

Dominicanese
06-23-2018, 07:07 PM
Who were the pre-existing North Africans prior to Arab displacement?

I checked here: https://www.quora.com/Are-North-African-people-Arabs and some said that Berbers/Italians/Greeks/Phoenicians were in North Africa prior to the Arabs displacing them. I wonder if this may be related to your 6.4% Balkan.

pre north africa was black

Congolese Rice
06-24-2018, 09:39 AM
pre north africa was black

jeup, the original berbers were very likely black africans. Then the Arabs came, Mediterranean peoples, probably also Anatolians, etc. whole maghreb is a mix.

Leto
06-25-2018, 12:48 PM
jeup, the original berbers were very likely black africans. Then the Arabs came, Mediterranean peoples, probably also Anatolians, etc. whole maghreb is a mix.
Not really
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?249746-Late-Neolithic-Moroccan-GEDmatch-results

Dominicanese
06-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Not really
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?249746-Late-Neolithic-Moroccan-GEDmatch-results

we r talking about way way back before that

north africa was all black 15k+ years ago

Kamal900
06-26-2018, 12:46 PM

Which is why he looks very Maghrebi.

Congolese Rice
06-27-2018, 02:51 PM
Which is why he looks very Maghrebi.

domincanese looking maghrebi? idk about that man. there's a difference between slight SSA traits/being a quadroon than having berber and arab admix. Atleast i can easily tell the difference. idk bout others.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-27-2018, 02:55 PM
Hahaha does it really say bosnian? Im trying to read it but the image text is too small and friz blurry

rein
06-27-2018, 02:55 PM

Its MyHeritage. Don’t be surprised.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-27-2018, 02:56 PM
Ah nevermind it says iberian. Lol

rein
06-27-2018, 02:58 PM

What do you mean only? That’s a large chunk of his ancestry.

Morena
06-27-2018, 03:03 PM
What do you mean only? That’s a large chunk of his ancestry.

To me he looks more African than 25%.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-27-2018, 03:04 PM
To me he looks more African than 25%.He does. He will insist hes a white dominican.

Morena
06-27-2018, 03:06 PM
He does. He will insist hes a white dominican.

But by the standards of the Dominican Republic, it is so. Personal identification is subjective and cultural.

rein
06-27-2018, 03:07 PM
To me he looks more African than 25%.

Is that him in his profile picture? Looks quite light skinned. Blurry picture though. Anyways, maybe his African ancestry is more dominant.

Also, his Euro mixture is Iberian and not north European. That may also play a role.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Why do you score 6.4% Balkan?I score balkan too. 23andme leaves a large part as broadly southern european. But in ancestry you will score italy greece for that area.

Morena
06-27-2018, 03:10 PM
Is that him in his profile picture? Looks quite light skinned. Blurry picture though. Anyways, maybe his African ancestry is more dominant.

He has a lot of pics in the regular section. He is very light skinned, but still "high yellow" by American standards. In Cuba, I think he would be considered within the mulatto range and in the US, he is part of the high yellow black caste. He would pass the paper bag test for sure. It's his features that give him the distinctive west african vibe, IMO.

Sorry about talking about you Dominicanese. XD

rein
06-27-2018, 03:12 PM
He has a lot of pics in the regular section. He is very light skinned, but still "high yellow" by American standards. In Cuba, I think he would be considered within the mulatto range and in the US, he is part of the high yellow black caste. He would pass the paper bag test for sure. It's his features that give him the distinctive west african vibe, IMO.

Yeah. He’s technically mulatto.

Leto
06-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Yeah. He’s technically mulatto.
Quadroon, not mulatto. He's 63% Caucasoid and 11% Native.

rein
06-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Quadroon, not mulatto. He's 63% Caucasoid and 11% Native.

Yeah, there are different names if you want to be more specific, such as hexadecaroon for one sixteenth African.

Leto
06-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Yeah, there are different names if you want to be more specific, such as hexadecaroon for one sixteenth African.
This is not used in real life. 1/16 SSA is white basically.

Dominicanese
06-27-2018, 10:50 PM

cubans call me jabao

Dominicanese
06-27-2018, 10:52 PM

Also, his Euro mixture is Iberian and not north European. That may also play a role.

im light skinned but i have thick negroid facial features but have wavy-straight hairs and its medium to light brown, im basically a depigmented mulatto by physical facial and body characteristics, my hair is very euro

Dominicanese
06-27-2018, 11:31 PM
anyone whos from a nation that has a population of people who are predominantly black african of 90% of the nation, u will have african ancestry to any extend

Morena
06-28-2018, 02:02 AM
cubans call me jabao

what does that mean? I've never heard it.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-28-2018, 04:42 AM
what does that mean? I've never heard it.Arent u cuban?

CYKA
06-28-2018, 05:32 AM

So I guess you aint really cuban..

CYKA
06-28-2018, 06:01 AM

on MyHeritage I got 7.0% North African and 5.8% west Asian... and It made me a balanced mestizo with 41.9 Europe and 41.0 America

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-28-2018, 06:41 AM
So I guess you aint really cuban..She was adopted by anglo saxon parents i bet

Dominicanese
06-28-2018, 01:28 PM

it basically means like a depigmented mulatto or an A rod type

basiclaly like A rod, Elliott hulse (who everyone says is my twin, hes belizean), hodgetwins, and basically any mulatto man or woman whos light skinned with negroid features that has brown to blond hairs and brown to light eyes

in DR these are basically considered white/blanco because of how black of a nation we are

Morena
06-28-2018, 01:40 PM
it basically means like a depigmented mulatto or an A rod type

basiclaly like A rod, Elliott hulse (who everyone says is my twin, hes belizean), hodgetwins, and basically any mulatto man or woman whos light skinned with negroid features that has brown to blond hairs and brown to light eyes

in DR these are basically considered white/blanco because of how black of a nation we are

Oh ok. thanks. My parents don't use those sorts of terms. I didn't know what griffe was until recently either.

And you do look a lot like him. :lol:

Dominicanese
06-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Oh ok. thanks. My parents don't use those sorts of terms. I didn't know what griffe was until recently either.

And you do look a lot like him. :lol:

cause your parents are probably old school cubans or something where they speak better than the ones i know in miami who talk very rowdy, but the older ones speak in a very pleasant cuban spanish accent

i didnt know what griffe was niether until i got on these anthro forums, i think it is a brazilian terms and it just stuck now everyone uses it so we dont have to explain about someone who is 75% SSA and 25% Euro

lol i know, ever since he went viral on youtube everyone started mentioning it and calling me by his name sometimes "yo elliott"

but it just goes to show u how much of the same shit we all really are just by having the same ancestry

Larali
06-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Yep you are my cuz, I don't care what 23andme says. Cool results

Morena
06-28-2018, 02:05 PM
cause your parents are probably old school cubans or something where they speak better than the ones i know in miami who talk very rowdy, but the older ones speak in a very pleasant cuban spanish accent

i didnt know what griffe was niether until i got on these anthro forums, i think it is a brazilian terms and it just stuck now everyone uses it so we dont have to explain about someone who is 75% SSA and 25% Euro

lol i know, ever since he went viral on youtube everyone started mentioning it and calling me by his name sometimes "yo elliott"

but it just goes to show u how much of the same shit we all really are just by having the same ancestry

My parents are old school and introverted. My mother's family is more typical, but she's been here for so long she's stuck using older terms. So any new terms that may have come along, she's not familiar with. My father's family is very a-typical, he arrived as a very young child, and their Spanish accent is odd. Think newscasters. A very fine sort of Spanish. I don't know where it came from.

Dominicanese
06-28-2018, 02:37 PM
My parents are old school and introverted. My mother's family is more typical, but she's been here for so long she's stuck using older terms. So any new terms that may have come along, she's not familiar with. My father's family is very a-typical, he arrived as a very young child, and their Spanish accent is odd. Think newscasters. A very fine sort of Spanish. I don't know where it came from.

yupp, thats how it is always and sadly dialects are chabngnig, the accents and pronunciations stay the same but just gets more exaggerrated and adds more outside words, in any language

the spanish that you hear from yhour parents is like i said, Andaluzian and Canarian Spanish (look up canarian spanish on yutube and you will have goosebumps) which were the main source to caribbean spanish in general due to the need of spain wanting to populate the caribbean islands in fear of threats by england and france taking the territories due to gold and greediness, basically at the height of the pirate age where ppl were fighting for gold, hookers, slaves, and land

the modern cuban spanish u hear today is from random shit, more exposure from low class ghetto cubans singing in music and rappers from all over which were all from working class or low income family origins and then it gets popular on radio and then ppl want to speak like that

samething happens in DR spanish, i never used modern dominican terms from santo domingo such as "manin" which came from the american english phrase "ma nigga" and "heavy" literally engloish word used in DR spanish but to refer to shit that is outstanding or cool, this is cause im from el campo out in the middle of el cibao in a pueblo callled jarabacoa which has little influences from the outside or the media but its changing now so

now i basically sound like any other dominican but with some retentions of old cibaeno speech

Dominicanese
06-28-2018, 02:40 PM
Yep you are my cuz, I don't care what 23andme says. Cool results

we are

if at any time we see eachother in person, it would be a pleasure to hangout

Larali
06-28-2018, 02:41 PM
we are

if at any time we see eachother in person, it would be a pleasure to hangout

Yeah cuz, you're cool :)

Leto
06-29-2018, 06:42 PM
This guy is pretty similar

https://youtu.be/xFp-y72i2Xo

62% Europe
- 25% Europe South
- 21% Iberian Peninsula
- 11% Ireland/Scotland/Wales
- 4% Great Britain
- <1% Europe West

25% Africa
- 9% Senegal
- 8% Cameroon/Congo
- 4% Benin/Togo
- 2% Africa SE Bantu
- 2% Africa North

9% Native American

2% Asia East

2% Middle East

Morena
06-29-2018, 06:44 PM
This guy is kind of similar

https://youtu.be/xFp-y72i2Xo

62% Europe
- 25% Europe South
- 21% Iberian Peninsula
- 11% Ireland/Scotland/Wales
- 4% Great Britain
- <1% Europe West

25% Africa
- 9% Senegal
- 8% Cameroon/Congo
- 4% Benin/Togo
- 2% Africa SE Bantu
- 2% Africa North

9% Native American

2% Asia East

2% Middle East

Yes, but he looks more west african (blacker) to me. It's interesting. West African genes are strong.

Leto
06-29-2018, 06:51 PM
Yes, but he looks more west african (blacker) to me. It's interesting. West African genes are strong.
If he interbreeds with a white woman, their child will be almost white (like 82% European).

Dominicanese
06-29-2018, 08:06 PM

i came out whiter than 90%+ of ppl that have my admixeture but its likely due to my high ancient germanic or visogoth vs mediterranian, cause even though i descend from canarians, my legit roots before the canaries were colonized is in asturias spain

this guy is almost like me too genetically

henry louis gates is 60% European, 34% African, and 6% Native (hes african american)
https://cdn10.bostonmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2010/01/Henry_Louis_Gates.jpg

Thot Whisperer
06-29-2018, 08:23 PM
I’m guessing this is how a white Dominicans look, I thought the girl was Italian American at first.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gE8V4TjtJSQ

Results around 2:30

Dominicanese
06-29-2018, 08:30 PM
I’m guessing this is how a white Dominicans look, I thought the girl was Italian American at first.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gE8V4TjtJSQ

Results around 2:30

yeah i seen it

shes the perfect example of a near pure white dominican

for some reason i can still tell she is dominican from personal experiences and familiar facial characteristics that i am used to seeing growing up in DR

its somethign about the nose, foreheard, and mouth that reminds me of home