PDA

View Full Version : Some Jewish ancestry?

Herb3.
07-20-2017, 02:15 AM
Usually, I'm not quick to jump to conclusions, but it seems to add up.

Firstly, the presence of "Ashkenazi Jew", coupled with the fact that other pieces of my DNA cover the places where this group of people made their trails (Southwestern Europe, Central Asia <Mid Turkic>,etc.)

I also received a result of "European Jewish" on AncestryDNA, with pieces scattered amongst Iberian Peninsula, Africa North, Europe West (Germany/France), Caucasus, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/EsjCxUM.jpg

I also searched for popular Jewish surnames among my AncestryDNA cousin matches, and returned these results:

2 "Baum" matches...
1 "Hershey" match
3 "Hirsch" matches..
2 "Kauffman" matches
1 "Kaufman" match
18 "Klein" matches!
1 "Kramer" match
1 "Levi" match
15 "Lowe" matches
4 "Matos" matches
6 "Mayer" matches
2 "Meier" matches
7 "Meyer" matches
3 "Moses" matches
1 "Pascal" match
1 "Rapp" match
1 "Reuter" match
1 "Rosenberger" match
3 "Roth" matches
5 "Samson" matches
2 "Samuel" matches
5 "Schneider" matches
1 "Shapiro" match
7 "Sherman" matches
11 "Simon" matches
6 "Solomon" matches
1 "Tobias" match
1 "Wirth" match
4 "Wolff" matches

Something tells me I'm not shooting in the dark at this point, what do you guys think?

Carlito's Way
07-20-2017, 03:32 AM
yes im sure you do have some given that its not common for your ethnicity to have it

Herb3.
07-20-2017, 03:49 AM
yes im sure you do have some given that its not common for your ethnicity to have it

I actually found a 3rd cousin match on AncestryDNA with a considerable amount. It's real. Wow!

Previously, I noticed that most of my cousin matches on this line of my family had "Europe West (Germany/France) and Scandinavia" as the first European result on AncestryDNA. Followed by Iberian Peninsula, etc. I thought it could have been coincidence so I kept digging until I found this just now.

http://i.imgur.com/ySgqVM2.jpg

Unbelievable!

Carlito's Way
07-20-2017, 03:53 AM
what part of america are you from? you should start searching your family tree, you might be able to find something, check the marriage records

Herb3.
07-20-2017, 03:54 AM
Here's my picture by the way. I'm predominately African and have always identified as Black/AA

But a lot of times people question my origins.
That's what led me to this journey!

http://i.imgur.com/SdcnZkx.jpg

Herb3.
07-20-2017, 03:57 AM
what part of america are you from? you should start searching your family tree, you might be able to find something, check the marriage records

My family is from NC/Mississippi. A lot of them come from Holly Springs MS. I know there was a huge Jewish population many years ago by the Mississippi Delta, which isn't far from Holly Springs at all!

Myanthropologies
07-20-2017, 04:11 AM
I have a jewish relative on ancestry too. Most of my relatives are afghan americans, white americans, some american west asians, and a couple of indian americans from india. They were even able to detect my close cousin who also took the test in 2013 is a close cousin of mine, so you either have a close connection to jews or have some jewish ancestry.

RN97
07-20-2017, 04:19 AM
What do you get on ancestryDNA? I get 10% azkhenazi on DNAland, but <0.1% on 23andme. I have no known jewish ancestors.

Herb3.
07-20-2017, 04:26 AM
What do you get on ancestryDNA? I get 10% azkhenazi on DNAland, but <0.1% on 23andme. I have no known jewish ancestors.

AncestryDNA seems to break it up into pieces.

I get a mix of 5% Germany/France (Europe West), 5% Scandinavia, 2% European Jewish, Iberian Peninsula, Caucasus, Africa North, Asia Central.

Literally every piece of the world Ashkenazi Jews have touched lol. (According to my research).

Herb3.
07-20-2017, 04:29 AM
I have a jewish relative on ancestry too. Most of my relatives are afghan americans, white americans, some american west asians, and a couple of indian americans from india. They were even able to detect my close cousin who also took the test in 2013 is a close cousin of mine, so you either have a close connection to jews or have some jewish ancestry.

very cool! Yes it seems like this line of my family, literally almost of all the matches within this Mississippi area have a strong presence of Europe West (Germany/France), followed by Scandinavia, Iberian Peninsula, European Jewish, it's a pattern I noticed! There's a LOT of them!

Carlito's Way
07-20-2017, 11:08 PM
My family is from NC/Mississippi. A lot of them come from Holly Springs MS. I know there was a huge Jewish population many years ago by the Mississippi Delta, which isn't far from Holly Springs at all!

yeah you most likely do have a Jewish ancestor, America has very good records when it comes to this type of things, it will be easy for you to find that Jewish ancestor and from what part of Europe did he come from

NordicMan
07-20-2017, 11:55 PM
I'm glad I have no Jewish in me.

Herb3.
07-21-2017, 03:53 AM
yeah you most likely do have a Jewish ancestor, America has very good records when it comes to this type of things, it will be easy for you to find that Jewish ancestor and from what part of Europe did he come from

I'm so excited to dig in!!!!!!

Herb3.
07-28-2017, 02:31 AM

this is my grandfather...
it's coming from his line, all of my matches from his line have heavy european jewish or a combo or european jewish and finland russia.

http://i.imgur.com/owKHFTj.jpg

Herb3.
08-31-2017, 11:29 PM

another test picked it up. seems like more of a bullseye.

http://i.imgur.com/00PMJOn.jpg