PDA

View Full Version : Reconstructed ancient Egyptian face! Classify?

Sikeliot
07-24-2017, 11:20 PM
To me it does have a look that can be found in modern Sicilians, southern Italians, Lebanese, Cypriots and some Berbers.

http://i.imgur.com/FCtjxSe.png

FilhoV
07-24-2017, 11:23 PM
CM plus Med

Sikeliot
07-24-2017, 11:25 PM
CM plus Med

Can it pass in Portugal?

wvwvw
07-24-2017, 11:34 PM
It looks Berber/North African

Columella
07-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Oliver Reed
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/1e/bb/1e1ebb85b310e2adabe3c8bdc7f1d7a4--oliver-reed-british-actors.jpg
"Shamone"
https://www.biography.com/.image/c_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cg_face%2Ch_300%2Cq_80%2Cw_300/MTE1ODA0OTcxMjkwNTYwMDEz/michael-jackson-pepsi-commercial-raw.jpg
Chinese brother of Javier Bardem
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Malaga+Film+Festival+Party+Presentation+qh5cuSrizF zm.jpg

FilhoV
07-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Can it pass in Portugal?

I would need to see more photos at different angles but he is rather robust and has a foetilized face.

Linebacker
07-25-2017, 01:05 PM
This is a very CM structured skull.

Looks very similar to the wax reconstruction of the old man of Cro Magnon

Egyptian
07-25-2017, 01:19 PM
source

Hamlet
07-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Interesting, I would have thought ancient Egyptians would look more Levantine and a lot paler (not Scandinavian obviously, let's not go down that path), this shows little of such influence to me. Seems Berid almost, very CM.

Hamlet
07-25-2017, 01:47 PM
source

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4618596/Scientists-reconstruct-head-ancient-mummy.html

RN97
07-25-2017, 01:52 PM
Interesting, I would have thought ancient Egyptians would look more Levantine and a lot paler (not Scandinavian obviously, let's not go down that path), this shows little of such influence to me. Seems Berid almost, very CM.

Skin color in reconstruction is just guesswork unless they have the skin tone SNPs. This reconstruction doesn't look European of any sort.

Odin
07-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Med.

blogen
07-25-2017, 07:06 PM
Definitely mulatto, based on his skull. A dominantly Europid Europo-Negroid.

Hithaeglir
07-25-2017, 07:10 PM
Cromagnoid af :P I would expect ancient egyptians more gracile like the Nefertiti reconstruction.

MinervaItalica
07-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Ancient Egyptians (which have little to nothing to do with present day Egyptians) were probably less Arabid/ME looking. They were more like Med Greeks imo especially high caste.

Rethel
07-25-2017, 07:18 PM
It is between balckish euroabori1gi2nals and MENAs - but it is more
resemblomg browny euro's Cromags in shape but is lighter then they.

Smeagol
07-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Ancient Egyptians (which have little to nothing to do with present day Egyptians) were probably less Arabid/ME looking. They were more like Med Greeks imo especially high caste.

Not true. And why would high caste be more ''Greek looking''? That makes no sense.

blogen
07-25-2017, 08:15 PM
The highest and the lowest castes are the most admixed layers of a society, because their high level admixture with other nations and tribes. The common peoples are the less, because the migration tendency is the lowest between the commons. Mostly.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 08:22 PM
Not true. And why would high caste be more ''Greek looking''? That makes no sense.

Because the Hyksos were mainly Greeks.

FilhoV
07-25-2017, 08:26 PM
The Hyksos (/ˈhɪksɒs/ or /ˈhɪksoʊz/;[3] Egyptian heqa khasut, "ruler(s) of the foreign countries"; Ancient Greek: Ὑκσώς, Ὑξώς) were a people of mixed origins from Western Asia,[4] who settled in the eastern Nile Delta, some time before 1650 BC. The arrival of the Hyksos led to the end of the Thirteenth Dynasty of Egypt and initiated the Second Intermediate Period of Egypt.[5] In the context of Ancient Egypt, the term "Asiatic" – which is often used for the Hyksos – may refer to any people native to areas east of Egypt.

Smeagol
07-25-2017, 08:30 PM
Because the Hyksos were mainly Greeks.

No they weren't, don't be retarded.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 08:55 PM
No they weren't, don't be retarded.

Read some history books. At least five Hyksos kings, Sheshi (Zeus), Nubuserre (Busiris), Seneferankhre Apepi I, Awoserre Apepi II, and Aqenienre Apepi III are proven to be the Greek kings Epaphus, Sarapis and Agenor. Others like Yakubher (ie. Jehovah) were Phoenicians. The founder of Hyksos was in all likehood the Cretan king Cronos/Saturn

The name of Egyptian Pharaoh Wankare (Acthoes III) in Linear B is Wa-Na-Ka (number ONE derives from it) which is the same as the modern Greek word Anax or High King.

We also know that Tutmeses written Djehutymes in Egyptian was Aegyptus after whom the Greeks named Egypt. From Jerome we know that Aegyptus reigned over Egypt in 1480 BC, 6 years before Danaus his brother ruled in Argos. According to the Low Chronology Tutmoses III begins his reign over Egypt in 1479 BC thus agreeing with Jerome. This is why the Egyptians told Alexander the Great he was the son of Ammon since Alexander was a descendent of Aegyptus the father of Lynceus, the father of Abas, father of Acrisius, father of Perseus, father of Alcaeus, father of Amphitryon, father of Herakles, father of Hyllus, father of Cleodeus, father of Aristomachus, father of Temenus king of Argos from whom Alexander was descended.

The Greeks rulled Egypt continuously for over 1000 Years and also contributed to the invasions of the Sea People and the Hyksos and the 18th and 19th Egyptian dynasties which followed the Hyksos were descended from the Greeks. At the time of Perseus and Eumolpus in 1336 BC the Greeks had already established a colony in Egypt which was still there in the time of Herodotus in 440 BC.

Sikeliot
07-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Ancient Egyptians would have been closer to Sicanians of Sicily/Malta and Guanches, not to Greeks or the Balkans.

Kamal900
07-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Ancient Egyptians would have been closer to Sicanians of Sicily/Malta and Guanches, not to Greeks or the Balkans.

They cluster the closest to today's Egyptians, Palestinians, Jordanians, Samaritans and Arabians. Egyptians are genetically Levantines themselves with more SSA admixture, but not in the same branch as the genetic isolated groups of the Levant like the Christians, Druze and Mizrahi Jews. Egyptians, both ancient and modern, belong to the South-West Asiatic branch of the Levant and Arabia that consists of Palestinians, Syrians, Arabians and Jordanians.

Sikeliot
07-25-2017, 09:07 PM
They cluster the closest to today's Egyptians, Palestinians, Jordanians, Samaritans and Arabians. Egyptians are genetically Levantines themselves with more SSA admixture, but not in the same branch as the genetic isolated groups of the Levant like the Christians, Druze and Mizrahi Jews. Egyptians, both ancient and modern, belong to the South-West Asiatic branch of the Levant and Arabia that consists of Palestinians, Syrians, Arabians and Jordanians.

Yes. My point was just that we should look to pre-Indo European groups in Southern Europe with heavy Afroasiatic ancestry, not to Greek or Balkan just because of Hyksos who were Anatolian, not even Greeks. :lol:

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 09:17 PM
The Hyksos (/ˈhɪksɒs/ or /ˈhɪksoʊz/;[3] Egyptian heqa khasut, "ruler(s) of the foreign countries"; Ancient Greek: Ὑκσώς, Ὑξώς) were a people of mixed origins from Western Asia,[4] who settled in the eastern Nile Delta, some time before 1650 BC. The arrival of the Hyksos led to the end of the Thirteenth Dynasty of Egypt and initiated the Second Intermediate Period of Egypt.[5] In the context of Ancient Egypt, the term "Asiatic" – which is often used for the Hyksos – may refer to any people native to areas east of Egypt.

The Hyksos (Equatai) were Greek kings who also ruled Asia and in fact the whole known world.
Between 1800 and 1650 the Achaeans conqured the Equatai in Mycenaean Greek or Ekwash in Hittite and forced them out of Greece.They fled to Egypt and were known there as the Hyksos. The Equatai were the Ectenes https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectenes

Ectenes = E-ka-te-ne-(s) = Yah-qa-ta-[on]-(es). "Ekatones" denotes the Hekatoncheries who were the first decedents of Uranus.

Hyksos'(Heqau-Khasut) was also interpreted as 'hikesios' (suppliant), so Aischylos calls the returning Danaïdes 'Hiketides'.

Kamal900
07-25-2017, 09:20 PM

Go check Litvin's thread on the ancient Egyptians before you spew such nonsense. Ancient Egyptians cluster the closest to today's Egyptians, Palestinians, Jordanians, Samaritans and Arabians, not to any European groups.

Sikeliot
07-25-2017, 09:27 PM
Go check Litvin's thread on the ancient Egyptians before you spew such nonsense. Ancient Egyptians cluster the closest to today's Egyptians, Palestinians, Jordanians, Samaritans and Arabians, not to any European groups.

I'll also add I am not saying Canarians or Sicilians/Maltese are identical to ancient Egyptians but those were the closest on GEDmatch of all the Europeans, even though still at a distance. There would not have been any Indo European.

Kamal900
07-25-2017, 09:29 PM
I'll also add I am not saying Canarians or Sicilians/Maltese are identical to ancient Egyptians but those were the closest on GEDmatch of all the Europeans, even though still at a distance. There would not have been any Indo European.

That's because both Canarians and Southern Italians have MENA admixture in them that makes them genetically distinct from other Europeans. He is claiming that they were very similar to today's Greeks and other southern Europeans which is absurd.

MinervaItalica
07-25-2017, 09:30 PM

I never said anything about "cluster" learn to read. I was talking about look.

Kamal900
07-25-2017, 09:31 PM
I never said anything about "cluster" learn to read.

Well, you said that they have nothing to do with today's Egyptians and claiming that they were more similar to Greeks. They were a near eastern people, and they barely have anything to do with Europe.

Sikeliot
07-25-2017, 09:32 PM
That's because both Canarians and Southern Italians have MENA admixture in them that makes them genetically distinct from other Europeans. He is claiming that they were very similar to today's Greeks and other southern Europeans which is absurd.

The other reason his claim does not make sense to me is because there are so many subgroups of Greeks, and only *some* of them could be comparable to ancient Egyptians.

Today's Greeks range from heavily Slavicized people in the north and inland regions who are closer to Bulgarians than to anyone else, to Sicilian-like islanders (Cretans/Dodecanese might have some closeness to ancient Egyptians but this would be their pre-Greek ancestry), to Hellenized Caucasians such as Pontic Greeks and then your standard southern Greeks who are closer to the Abruzzese but with more NE Euro and less Celtic type DNA. Only a minority of Greeks have Afro-Asiatic input outside of what is standard for all Europeans.

MinervaItalica
07-25-2017, 09:32 PM
Well, you said that they have nothing to do with today's Egyptians and claiming that they were more similar to Greeks. They were a near eastern people, and they barely have anything to do with Europe.

Sorry but Ancient Egyptians aren't the same thing as modern...

Kamal900
07-25-2017, 09:34 PM

Nobody says that they're the same. In terms of culture, Copts are the closest people today to the ancient Egyptians. Genetically speaking, today's Egyptians and their neighbors in the Levant and Arabia are the closest people to the ancient Egyptians.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 09:36 PM
Yes. My point was just that we should look to pre-Indo European groups in Southern Europe with heavy Afroasiatic ancestry, not to Greek or Balkan just because of Hyksos who were Anatolian, not even Greeks. :lol:

The Greeks are every tribe that evolved in Greece. All evidence shows that the Greek language evolved in Greece. The Greek on 5,000, 10,000 or 20,000 years ago did not have the same vocabulary as today, but then things like the plough, the wheel, the chariot and so on had not been invented so there was no word for them. Virtually every Semitic word to do with Horses and Chariot warfare is derived from Greek indicating that these were Greek inventions, a fact with is backed up by the Archaeological evidence of the Proto-Ionian Equatai (Hyksos/Eqwash) conquests of Europe, Asia and Egypt.

Nobody conquered the Greeks until the Romans and the Greeks conquered most of Europe and Asia about 5,000 years ago and Greek became the lingua franca which is why Indo-European and Semitic languages show huge similarities with Greek.

The M35 linage came to Greece from Egypt and Palestine over 10,000 years ago. The M172 linage came from Anatolia or evolved in Macedonia probably 50,000 years ago and the M173 linage came to Greece 4500 years ago. The Minoan Greeks, ie. M172+M35 linages were there long before the Sumerians and rulled all of Mesopotamia. The entire Sumerian religion is based on the memory of Proto-Greek colonization. The first civilization to build cites was in Eastern Anatolia 20,000 years ago. The Ancient Egyptians were all M35 and thus related to the Greeks and Phoenicians who were M172+M35 as well. .

Greek recorded i.e written history may begin from around 1800 BC but Greek history goes way further back the time, and most definitely is older to Sumerian by at least 2,500 years.

Kamal900
07-25-2017, 09:41 PM
The Greeks are every tribe that evolved in Greece. All evidence shows that the Greek language evolved in Greece. The Greek on 5,000, 10,000 or 20,000 years ago did not have the same vocabulary as today, but then things like the plough, the wheel, the chariot and so on had not been invented so there was no word for them. Virtually every Semitic word to do with Horses and Chariot warfare is derived from Greek indicating that these were Greek inventions, a fact with is backed up by the Archaeological evidence of the Proto-Ionian Equatai (Hyksos/Eqwash) conquests of Europe, Asia and Egypt.

Nobody conquered the Greeks until the Romans and the Greeks conquered most of Europe and Asia about 5,000 years ago and Greek became the lingua franca which is why Indo-European and Semitic languages show huge similarities with Greek.

The M35 linage came to Greece from Egypt and Palestine over 10,000 years ago. The M172 linage came from Anatolia or evolved in Macedonia probably 50,000 years ago and the M173 linage came to Greece 4500 years ago. The Minoan Greeks, ie. M172+M35 linages were there long before the Sumerians and rulled all of Mesopotamia. The entire Sumerian religion is based on the memory of Proto-Greek colonization. The first civilization to build cites was in Eastern Anatolia 20,000 years ago. The Ancient Egyptians were all M35 and thus related to the Greeks and Phoenicians who were M172+M35 as well. .

Are you serious? Um, genetic study have sequenced the ancient mummies of Egypt recently, and they don't cluster anywhere near to Greeks and other Europeans. They cluster the closest to today's Egyptians, Southern Levantines and Arabians. The ancestors of both Arabs and Egypt originated in the Levant more than 5000 years ago, and they were basal Eurasians, not Europeans.

Babak
07-25-2017, 09:42 PM

Greek recorded i.e written history may begin from around 1800 BC but Greek history goes way further back the time, and most definitely is older to Sumerian by at least 2,500 years.

Egyptians genetically close to greeks? Whatever you're smoking, i want some please

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 09:42 PM

What you mean they aren't the same?

MinervaItalica
07-25-2017, 09:43 PM
What you mean they aren't the same?

Culture is pretty different, languages, traditions and many other things. Do you think that the Arab invasion left Egypt unchanged?

Sikeliot
07-25-2017, 09:46 PM
Culture is pretty different, languages, traditions and many other things. Do you think that the Arab invasion left Egypt unchanged?

No, but why would they have ever been close to Greeks? Greeks went from being Sardinian-like in the Neolithic to today being a hodge podge of Hellenized folks mixed with the original Indo-European Greek speakers.

MinervaItalica
07-25-2017, 09:50 PM
No, but why would they have ever been close to Greeks? Greeks went from being Sardinian-like in the Neolithic to today being a hodge podge of Hellenized folks mixed with the original Indo-European Greek speakers.

Ancient Greeks have had a lot of contacts with Ancient Egyptians they probably left some impacts. Again, i never spoke about genetics or that are "closer" but about look.

Not to mention Ptolemaic Era... where the rulers were Greeks.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 09:50 PM
Egyptians genetically close to greeks? Whatever you're smoking, i want some please

The M35 linage is native to North Africa. We are talking of thousand of years ago here. It is even postulated that M35 originated in Asia and the migrated back to Africa, but it is probably native to North Africa.

brennus dux gallorum
07-25-2017, 09:53 PM
he has that "pseudo-European" traits, uncommon in Lebanon

i will agree about South italy, berbers and cyprus

Sikeliot
07-25-2017, 09:56 PM
Ancient Greeks have had a lot of contacts with Ancient Egyptians they probably left some impacts. Again, i never spoke about genetics or that are "closer" but about look.

Not to mention Ptolemaic Era... where the rulers were Greeks.

Why would they look like Greeks? Many Greeks, especially today have a significant amount of NE European in them. About as different from ancient Egyptians as from Finns.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 09:58 PM

Fact is that Greece was never colonised by anyone, nobody brought the Greek language to Greece, but the Greek language was speared as far as America and India by the Minoan Greeks.

The so called-IE steppe people (R1b and R1a linages) did not even speak an IE language. Greek contributed by over 70% to the so called Pie Indoeuropean language.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Why would they look like Greeks? Many Greeks, especially today have a significant amount of NE European in them. About as different from ancient Egyptians as from Finns.

Because the Greek linages did not only come from North Africa thousands of years ago, or Anatolia/native Greece 50,000 years ago, they also came from the Steppes. The sum of these linages were the Ancient Greeks. The Greeks that arrived from the Steppes did not speak an IE language (2hich comes from the M35 and M172 linages). They were linguistically IEnized by the J2 and E linages.

crazyladybutterfly
07-25-2017, 10:04 PM
does he look like a quadroon only to me ????

MinervaItalica
07-25-2017, 10:05 PM
Returning on topic, op pic doesn't strike me as a modern Egyptian.

http://www.asianews.it/files/img/EGITTO_-_piaghe.jpg

He shows some negroid traits though like the nose. Btw he was supposed to be a noble.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4618596/Scientists-reconstruct-head-ancient-mummy.html

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Returning on topic, op pic doesn't strike me as a modern Egyptian.

http://www.asianews.it/files/img/EGITTO_-_piaghe.jpg

He shows some negroid traits though like the nose. Btw he was supposed to be a noble.

I have seen his face lots of times in Egypt, it definitely exists.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 10:21 PM

He meant the Hyksos kings or their elite, not the average population

Smeagol
07-25-2017, 10:28 PM
Read some history books. At least five Hyksos kings, Sheshi (Zeus), Nubuserre (Busiris), Seneferankhre Apepi I, Awoserre Apepi II, and Aqenienre Apepi III are proven to be the Greek kings Epaphus, Sarapis and Agenor. Others like Yakubher (ie. Jehovah) were Phoenicians. The founder of Hyksos was in all likehood the Cretan king Cronos/Saturn

The name of Egyptian Pharaoh Wankare (Acthoes III) in Linear B is Wa-Na-Ka (number ONE derives from it) which is the same as the modern Greek word Anax or High King.

We also know that Tutmeses written Djehutymes in Egyptian was Aegyptus after whom the Greeks named Egypt. From Jerome we know that Aegyptus reigned over Egypt in 1480 BC, 6 years before Danaus his brother ruled in Argos. According to the Low Chronology Tutmoses III begins his reign over Egypt in 1479 BC thus agreeing with Jerome. This is why the Egyptians told Alexander the Great he was the son of Ammon since Alexander was a descendent of Aegyptus the father of Lynceus, the father of Abas, father of Acrisius, father of Perseus, father of Alcaeus, father of Amphitryon, father of Herakles, father of Hyllus, father of Cleodeus, father of Aristomachus, father of Temenus king of Argos from whom Alexander was descended.

The Greeks rulled Egypt continuously for over 1000 Years and also contributed to the invasions of the Sea People and the Hyksos and the 18th and 19th Egyptian dynasties which followed the Hyksos were descended from the Greeks. At the time of Perseus and Eumolpus in 1336 BC the Greeks had already established a colony in Egypt which was still there in the time of Herodotus in 440 BC.

You're as bad as the afro-nuts.

Smeagol
07-25-2017, 10:30 PM

Hyksos were actually Levantine Semites.

Sikeliot
07-25-2017, 10:34 PM

I am mixing them up with Hittites, sorry. Hittites were in the Armenian/Kurdish family probably.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 10:35 PM

If we are such a "hodge podge" why do we still look similar to Ancient Greeks (visit any museum) and still speak the same language which is far more similar than latin is to Italian or Shakesperean English to modern English is.

You are a bitter envious individual that deep inside is driven by a hatred for Greeks and an envy that modern Greeks are rightly considered the cultural and genetic heirs of their ancestors and you are not.

It is you who is heavily Slavicized, not the Greeks who form their own cluster and clearly plot separately than the South Slavs. I only scored 15% Balkan or South Slav and the "heavily Slavicized" Greeks that you point out have a genetic distance of 8% to the rest of Greeks which clearly means they are outliers and not the norm.

Despite millenia has passed Greeks have remained largely the same and that bugs you. Foreign admixture exists in virtually every population and Greeks have the least influence compared the majority of European populations.

Voskos
07-25-2017, 10:37 PM
From my experience this man looks very much like modern Egyptians and Mizrahi Jews.

Sikeliot
07-25-2017, 10:37 PM
It is you who is heavily Slavicized, not the Greeks who form their own cluster and clearly plot separately than the South Slavs.

The majority of Greeks are somewhere between Sicily and Bulgaria, with a large share of mainlanders closer to the latter, including you.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 10:40 PM
I am mixing them up with Hittites, sorry. Hittites were in the Armenian/Kurdish family probably.

The Hittites as well as the Phrygians were similar to proto-Greeks but they fell under the influence of Semites for most of their existance. You could even find blond types among them but most looked med. Armenians (who were a branch of Phrygians) fell under the influence of Persians, and Hittites under the influence of Assyrians.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 10:43 PM
The majority of Greeks are somewhere between Sicily and Bulgaria, with a large share of mainlanders closer to the latter, including you.

Actually I am nowhere close to the Bulgarian cluster. Petalpusher has infact posted many PCA plots in the past which included me. And still Bulgarians plot far from the rest of Slavs. (South-Slavs excluded) Which means they have other influences.

wvwvw
07-25-2017, 10:54 PM

They were not Semites they were Greeks. Just like the Philistines and their history was not Semitic but Greek. It is the Jews and other Semites that have plagiarized the histories of Greeks, Phrygians, and other peoples and made it their own much like Fyromians are doing now with Macedonian history.

Sick Like
07-26-2017, 12:47 PM
Mechta-Afalou... pass in north africa but not in middle east

Isleño
08-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Looks North African.

Isleño
08-04-2017, 03:16 PM

Ancient Egyptians in the most recent DNA study cluster near Levantines, Bedouins and modern Egyptians and the three genome-wide tested samples had mtDNA M1a1, U6a2 and J1d. The oldest one had J2a1a1. Two of those are African mutations of Eurasian haplogroups (North Africa), one is Arabian and the other is Levantine. They are descendants of the same Caucasoid back flow that entered North Africa through Egypt/Sinai peninsula some 12,000 to 20,000 years ago.

Isleño
08-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Definitely mulatto, based on his skull. A dominantly Europid Europo-Negroid.

Pseudo-negroid affinity. Ancient Egyptians were more than half Natufian, ancestors of ancient Levantines. However, 6%-15% SSA was found in the ancient samples, which is 8% less than modern Egyptians.