PDA

View Full Version : South Korea baby bust as birth rate falls to record low

Loki
07-30-2017, 04:45 PM
South Korea baby bust as birth rate falls to record low (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40769591)

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/FC50/production/_97129546_mediaitem97129545.jpg
The country has spent billions trying to encourage people to have more children

The growth of South Korea's population this year will be the slowest rate ever recorded, despite efforts to boost it, officials say.

About 360,000 babies will be born, leading to concern over the effect of an ageing population on the economy.

Officials blame rising youth unemployment.

But couples say the rising cost of living, including housing and soaring education prices, means that having a large family is not an option.

Women have additional concerns over weak maternity-leave policies and a stubborn resistance by men to help with the housework, BBC World Service Asia-Pacific editor Celia Hatton says.

It is the first time the number of births in a year has fallen below 400,000.

South Korea has spent about $70bn (£53bn) trying to boost the country's birth rate over the past decade, handing out baby bonuses, improving paternity leave and paying for infertility treatment.

Officials fear that a low birth rate could reduce the number of people in the workforce and drive up welfare costs for the increasing elderly population, undermining the potential for economic growth.

South Korea's death rate in 2016 was estimated to be 5.8 people per 1,000 of the population, or about 295,000.

wvwvw
07-30-2017, 04:48 PM
I blame fukushima impact on fertility

Gangrel
07-30-2017, 04:48 PM
Anime will be the end of humanity

WeißerJunge
07-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Mongoloids and Whites will die out because of this shit.

Kamal900
07-30-2017, 06:27 PM
South Korea is a very liberal and individualistic society where both men and women look at each other as mere competitors than actual mates to start a family unit and produce offsprings to ensure the continuation of the society for the future. The same is true for most White western countries and Japan.

Albobalboa
07-30-2017, 07:52 PM

Only the strong survive. People with an average dick length of 11cm deserve to go extinct.

Albobalboa
07-30-2017, 07:58 PM
I find it odd that things like unemployment, insecure financial status, maternity leave policies etc are still being used as arguments to why birth rates fall low. In that case 3rd world countries would've have super low birth rates.

It's obvious what this is about, liberalization and feminization of men leads to birth rates shrinking. Traditional values die so people look for ONS rather than relationships. Feminized men can't get women to begin with, and once they do they're probably impotent so they won't be doing much to increase the birth rate.

With that said, South Korea has 50million people in that small area, they've done enough procreating.

WeißerJunge
07-30-2017, 08:36 PM
Only the strong survive. People with an average dick length of 11cm deserve to go extinct.

Why?

Loki
07-30-2017, 09:21 PM

lol, this has nothing to do with strength.

Loki
07-30-2017, 09:23 PM
I find it odd that things like unemployment, insecure financial status, maternity leave policies etc are still being used as arguments to why birth rates fall low. In that case 3rd world countries would've have super low birth rates.

Yeah, I'd have to agree there.

Albobalboa
07-30-2017, 11:20 PM
Why?

Sometimes I just post things...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nvD5k1XdmWc/VAxvlLTSL8I/AAAAAAAABm4/D6Lyvm3Qf2E/s1600/wnjdo_manning_761975.png

Dandelion
07-31-2017, 12:22 AM
Through nuking Japan and the subsequent birth of anime there were collateral victims, one of which being South Korea. ;)

Norse
07-31-2017, 12:40 AM
They need lots of immigration from MENA and Africa to help them!

♥ Lily ♥
07-31-2017, 01:06 AM

But China's massive population is over 1.2 billion people (which is more than all of Europe and America's populations combined) so I'm sceptical about Mongoloids dying out, (unless they die out prematurely from China's very high smoking rate.) Japan is overpopulated too.

WeißerJunge
07-31-2017, 01:12 AM
But China's massive population is over 1.2 billion people (which is more than all of Europe and America's populations combined) so I'm sceptical about Mongoloids dying out (unless they die out prematurely from China's very high smoking rate.) Japan is overpopulated too.

That doesn't matter much. It is the population pyramid in those countries that matters. There are 2 East Asians for every White person, so they have one more generation before dying out compared to us. Whites die out in 2200, the Asians die out in 2225. Not that much of an advantage.

Colonel Frank Grimes
07-31-2017, 01:42 AM
South Korea is a very liberal and individualistic society where both men and women look at each other as mere competitors than actual mates to start a family unit and produce offsprings to ensure the continuation of the society for the future. The same is true for most White western countries and Japan.

South Korea and Japan are not individualistic societies or liberal minded. I don't know where you got that idea. The cause of population decline is quite simple: modern labor is drastically different than labor of the past. In the past you had a farm. The more children you had the more working hands you had for your farm or to lend out to other farmers. That doesn't work in a modern society. So children become a heavy financial burden.

Kamal900
07-31-2017, 01:54 AM
South Korea and Japan are not individualistic societies or liberal minded. I don't know where you got that idea. The cause of population decline is quite simple: modern labor is drastically different than labor of the past. In the past you had a farm. The more children you had the more working hands you had for your farm or to lend out to other farmers. That doesn't work in a modern society. So children become a heavy financial burden.

When I say liberal I meant within their societies. Obviously, Koreans and the Japanese are quite nationalistic, and they distrust foreigners very much and so on. However, when it comes to marriage, having children and social cohesiveness within their societies, they're just as bad as their western counterparts. Most men and women don't think about getting married, especially women, because they find that it will get in their way to their careers and so on. The work environment in those two countries are terrible to say the least in comparison to the western world. They don't go around throwing parties and having sex with many sexual partners or have their media outlets telling them to embrace equality with foreigners and so on. The biggest problems in those countries are mostly individualism, work environments and feminism, that's it. These two countries have a far better chance in solving their demographic problems than most western countries, that's for sure.

Colonel Frank Grimes
07-31-2017, 01:57 AM
When I say liberal I meant within their societies. Obviously, Koreans and the Japanese are quite nationalistic, and they distrust foreigners very much and so on. However, when it comes to marriage, having children and social cohesiveness within their societies, they're just as bad as their western counterparts. Most men and women don't think about getting married, especially women, because they find that it will get in their way to their careers and so on. The work environment in those two countries are terrible to say the least in comparison to the western world. They don't go around throwing parties and having sex with many sexual partners or have their media outlets telling them to embrace equality with foreigners and so on. The biggest problems in those countries are mostly individualism, work environments and feminism, that's it. These two countries have a far better chance in solving their demographic problems than most western countries, that's for sure.

AI will solve demographic problems. We must, however, naturally fear, a robotics revolution in which they enslave us all.

N1019
07-31-2017, 01:58 AM
Get the women back in their place of dependence on men, on their back with a cock inside them or in the kitchen, and the problem will resolve itself. Ignore this wise advice at your peril.

Kamal900
07-31-2017, 01:58 AM
AI will solve demographic problems. We must, however, naturally fear, a robotics revolution in which they enslave us all.

There is a possobility of such a thing happening in the near, distant future, yes.
http://media.bemyapp.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/font-b-Terminator-b-font-Genisys-font-b-Movie-b-font-Fabric-font-b-poster.jpg

Anthony PV
07-31-2017, 02:01 AM
Really? How come lower-income families where parents are blue-collar workers generally have more kids than higher-income families where parents are highly-paid professionals? :)

PRRRRTTTT!!!! One power outage and your robotic society will be kaput... :stop00010:

Colonel Frank Grimes
07-31-2017, 02:09 AM
Really? How come lower-income families where parents are blue-collar workers generally have more kids than higher-income families where parents are highly-paid professionals? :)

Do they? I don't see a difference between the two. Do you have data on that?

PRRRRTTTT!!!! One power outage and your robotic society will be kaput... :stop00010:

Um, it doesn't work that way. They're not connected to a power grid.

Anthony PV
07-31-2017, 02:13 AM
Do they? I don't see a difference between the two. Do you have data on that?
Don't need statistics. Just leave your house and walk down the street. :shrug:

Um, it doesn't work that way. They're not connected to a power grid.
One computer bug, then... :coffee:

Colonel Frank Grimes
07-31-2017, 02:19 AM
Don't need statistics. Just leave your house and walk down the street. :shrug:

Like I said, I haven't noticed a difference. I'm of course speaking of White Americans. I'm not speaking of other groups who typically have an army of kids. I can only think of three White families while growing up that had more 3 kids. All three had four. All the other families had two or three children with two being the most common.

One computer bug, then... :coffee:

:picard2:

Anthony PV
07-31-2017, 02:41 AM
Like I said, I haven't noticed a difference. I'm of course speaking of White Americans. I'm not speaking of other groups who typically have an army of kids. I can only think of three White families while growing up that had more 3 kids. All three had four. All the other families had two or three children with two being the most common.
Yeah well, me, I'm talking about people I encountered: high-school dropouts who became blue-collar workers managing to raise up to one to three kids on a relatively low salary while successful students who became highly-paid professionals remaining still childless because they are somewhat unprepared for the challenges raising kids represent. So, the reasons explaining the demographic decline of modern society are more complicated than children = financial burden.

It's generally religious people who have an army of kids: Hasidic Jews, Muslims, Amish farmers, etc.

:picard2:
https://media0dk-a.akamaihd.net/67/90/bd6d96fcc6a5009ed16ff67f18578cc3.jpg

↳ :bored: People living in the robotic utopia imagined by Grimey...

Colonel Frank Grimes
07-31-2017, 03:06 AM
Yeah well, me, I'm talking about people I encountered: high-school dropouts who became blue-collar workers managing to raise up to one to three kids on a relatively low salary while successful students who became highly-paid professionals remaining still childless because they are somewhat unprepared for the challenges raising kids represent. So, the reasons explaining the demographic decline of modern society are more complicated than children = financial burden.

Once again, I'm speaking of White people.

It's generally religious people who have an army of kids: Hasidic Jews, Muslims, Amish farmers, etc.

If you mean religious as in they're not allowed by some religions to use contraception, then yes. If their religion allowed it, they would use it.

Hasidic Jews (many of them; enough to at least be a concern) don't pay taxes and get benefits off the government because they're often listed as living in poverty because of the number of children they have. They've worked out a scam where they get benefits from the government, while also hiding their true income. I don't remember how it works but when they write a check it's from a non-profit organization and not from their personal banking account. My guess is they pool their money into a non-profit organization and take from it like it would be a bank with people working at the non-profit keeping track of how much was spent by each person and subtracting it from their own 'account.' They're literally a walking stereotype.

In other words, children are not a financial problem to them. They actually get a financial benefit out of having many children. Since 100% of them vote for whatever politician their Rabbi tells them to vote for and they're concentrated in neighborhoods where pretty much everyone next door is Hasidic, they won't have politicians challenge them.

↳ :bored: People living in the robotic utopia imagined by Grimey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZe3lZPJ9Bs

Drawing-slim
07-31-2017, 03:43 AM
Took humans 200k years to reach 1billion and only 200 years to reach 7billion. I think would be best if we reduce it back to one billion.

palm princess
06-24-2019, 01:47 PM
It's a normal process. Population rose so quickly, now it has to slow down. Increasing wealth is the reason why people don't get as many kids anymore. Kids aren't there to provide for parents and help in the household anymore. Kids nowadays are just more work, especially if both parents have a fulltime job.

palm princess
06-24-2019, 01:53 PM

They are probably scared of loosing their high paid job or that they can't keep up with being in a stressful job and the stress from taking care of children. Or that they wouldn't be able to care for their children after long hours of work.