PDA

View Full Version : Phenotypical differences between Maltese and Tunusia?

Köstebek
07-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Are they any different?

Sikeliot
07-31-2017, 03:17 PM
Maltese come from Sicily, not from Tunisia. Their language is Arabic however.

wvwvw
07-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Are they any different?

You don't speak Greek nor are you Greek so why are you pretending to be one you fucking idiot

Köstebek
07-31-2017, 03:22 PM

Are they Sicilian? They look closer to Sicilian or Tunusian?

Sikeliot
07-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Are they Sicilian? They look closer to Sicilian or Tunusian?

They are Sicilians who speak Tunisian Arabic for historical reasons.

Era
07-31-2017, 04:00 PM
They are Sicilians who speak Tunisian Arabic for historical reasons.

Open a thread about Tunisians please. They appear to be closer to Albos and Greeks on one of those similarity maps compare to other north africans.

Köstebek
08-01-2017, 07:17 PM
You don't speak Greek nor are you Greek so why are you pretending to be one you fucking idiot

How do you know? Why you attacking me?

Kelmendasi
08-01-2017, 07:22 PM
Open a thread about Tunisians please. They appear to be closer to Albos and Greeks on one of those similarity maps compare to other north africans.
They are extremley far from us and other Europeans on PCA although they are the most northern plotting north Africans but still too far from Euros

Sikeliot
08-01-2017, 09:10 PM

They aren't close to Albanian or Greek at all.

Tauromachos
08-01-2017, 11:00 PM

Well not really.
From what i know it is a distinct language with different influences semitic,latin even english ones,but it is
considered officialy to belong to the family of semitic languages.

The only phrase in Maltese i know is 'Qui finti ?'
I have been told by a Maltese person i met in Greece,that
this means 'How are you ?'.
This particular phrase sounds to me like arabized Latin.

Don't know if i spelled it correct,but a person who knows Maltese can figure it out for sure..

Sikeliot
08-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Well not really.
From what i know it is a distinct language with different influences semitic,latin even english ones,but it is
considered officialy to belong to the family of semitic languages.

The only phrase in Maltese i know is 'Qui finti ?'
I have been told by a Maltese person i met in Greece,that
this means 'How are you ?'.
This particular phrase sounds to me like arabized Latin.

It's Arabic. أنت كيف . (Arabic is written backwards so it should be the other way).

Köstebek
08-01-2017, 11:09 PM
No genetic difference between Sicilian and Maltese or maybe minor slight difference? I want to learn

Tauromachos
08-01-2017, 11:10 PM
It's Arabic. أنت كيف . (Arabic is written backwards so it should be the other way).

Do they write in Arabic also?

Sikeliot
08-01-2017, 11:13 PM
Do they write in Arabic also?

Latin script.

No genetic difference between Sicilian and Maltese or maybe minor slight difference? I want to learn

Maltese are Sicilian. If the Crusades did not occur, Sicily would be what Malta is today, and both would be Muslim.

Köstebek
08-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Latin script.

Maltese are Sicilian. If the Crusades did not occur, Sicily would be what Malta is today, and both would be Muslim.

Their gedmatch results exactly the same?

Era
08-01-2017, 11:21 PM
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?215107-Eurogenes-K36-Similarity-Tool-Map&p=4508416&viewfull=1#post4508416

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?215107-Eurogenes-K36-Similarity-Tool-Map&p=4510692&viewfull=1#post4510692

Era
08-01-2017, 11:21 PM
They aren't close to Albanian or Greek at all.

Post above

Sikeliot
08-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Their gedmatch results exactly the same?

Yes. Well, depends on where. Sicilians from the south coast and west + Messina are more Near Eastern than those in the southeast and inland east (which have more similarity to Greeks). So someone from Agrigento or Messina might be like a Maltese, yes.

Köstebek
08-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Yes. Well, depends on where. Sicilians from the south coast and west + Messina are more Near Eastern than those in the southeast and inland east (which have more similarity to Greeks). So someone from Agrigento or Messina might be like a Maltese, yes.

I have stayed in Sicilia long actually. I realised no difference between Messiona and Palermo tbh. Maybe its so many outsider in there. There are universities in there and many many italian peole. When I go out at night the most people I meet were from Calabria or other parts of Italy. I think its so difficult to understand Sicilia without being Sicilian or living there for years

Sikeliot
08-01-2017, 11:29 PM
I have stayed in Sicilia long actually. I realised no difference between Messiona and Palermo tbh. Maybe its so many outsider in there. There are universities in there and many many italian peole. When I go out at night the most people I meet were from Calabria or other parts of Italy. I think its so difficult to understand Sicilia without being Sicilian or living there for years

What did the people look like you saw? I find it hard to believe they would look too different from Malta. I think hearing Maltese speak Arabic fucked with your mind.

Agrigento, Palermo, Messina, and Ragusa should have the most genuine MENA influence on the island. Syracuse the least.

Köstebek
08-01-2017, 11:30 PM
What did the people look like you saw? I find it hard to believe they would look too different from Malta. I think hearing Maltese speak Arabic fucked with your mind.

Agrigento, Palermo, Messina, and Ragusa should have the most genuine MENA influence on the island. Syracuse the least.

To me it looked different. Maybe other people would think different, I dont know

Sikeliot
08-01-2017, 11:32 PM
To me it looked different. Maybe other people would think different, I dont know

What did the Sicilians look like then? Most people have said they find them closest to people in Crete and the Dodecanese islands, but Malta fits into this group too, not Tunisia.

Köstebek
08-01-2017, 11:38 PM
What did the Sicilians look like then? Most people have said they find them closest to people in Crete and the Dodecanese islands, but Malta fits into this group too, not Tunisia.

I have never been in Crete. They looked more darkish in general to me. General feeling. Maybe my wrong percipience.

And My Maltese friends told me they are so close to Tunusia and Libyan Tripoli.

Sikeliot
08-01-2017, 11:40 PM
I have never been in Crete. They looked more darkish in general to me. General feeling. Maybe my wrong percipience.

And My Maltese friends told me they are so close to Tunusia and Libyan Tripoli.

I am asking, the Sicilians you saw. If you did not know they were Sicilian, what type of phenotypes did you see and what was the variation?

Köstebek
08-01-2017, 11:43 PM
I am asking, the Sicilians you saw. If you did not know they were Sicilian, what type of phenotypes did you see and what was the variation?

I think Sicilia feels like Anatolia exactly

Sikeliot
08-01-2017, 11:43 PM
I think Sicilia feels like Anatolia exactly

Like Turkey? Or more like Armenians, Kurds, etc?

Köstebek
08-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Like Turkey? Or more like Armenians, Kurds, etc?

West and Central. Except Thrace and blacksea region Turks (Lighter)