PDA

View Full Version : Kim more like Hitler than Stalin

Loki
08-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Goodbye Stalin, Hello Hitler (https://global.handelsblatt.com/politics/goodbye-stalin-hello-hitler-810719?ref=NzgzMjI2&utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=contentmarketing&utm_campaign=outbrain-retfeb17)

Kim Jong-un’s regime is an ultranationalist leadership cult that has more in common with Nazi Germany than with the former communist states like the GDR.

https://global.handelsblatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/kimjong.jpg

North Korea does bear comparison to a former German state – but not the one you might think.

The division of Korea into two states – a communist North and a capitalist South – after the Second World War invites comparison to the postwar separation of Germany. But it is a mistake to think of Kim Jong-un’s regime as a failed communist state like East Germany, said Korean expert Brian Myers in an interview. Rather it is a right-wing, ultra-nationalist, racist regime that bears more of a resemblance to Nazi Germany.

Failure to recognize the real nature of the North Korean regime can lead policymakers to the wrong conclusions about how to handle the growing crisis on the Korean Peninsula, said Mr. Myers, a professor at Dongseo University in South Korea and author of “The Cleanest Race.”

His analysis comes as provocative comments from US President Donald Trump, who this week threatened to unleash “fire and fury” against North Korea in a row over its nuclear arsenal, unnerved government leaders and international investors.

German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel criticized Mr. Trump for his rhetoric, saying the democratically elected president seems to be responding in kind to the North Korean dictator.

Mr. Trump’s bombast was not helpful, Mr. Myers said. North Koreans have heard 25 years of threats from the US and hinting at nuclear war only serves to unsettle South Koreans.

North Korea’s actions must be viewed through the prism of its ultranationalist ideology, the professor said. Like the Nazis, Mr. Kim’s regime is focused on “ultimate victory” – in this case the reunification of Korea under North Korean leadership. So the latest threat by North Korea to bomb the US-governed pacific island of Guam is part of its strategy to drive a wedge between the two countries. Guam is a credible target and as a US territory, its residents are US citizens.

Is the superpower really ready to sacrifice the lives of its citizens for South Korea? Prying apart the US and South Korea may not seem realistic to us, but it is plausible enough for the highly intelligent leadership in Pyongyang to make the effort.

Here is where it is important to correctly identify the ideology at work: As a rule, North Korea is wrongly seen as a failed Communist state, like the post-war East European countries that subjugated their people with oppression and surveillance. But the ultra-nationalist state is actually built on a leadership cult more like that of Hitler than on the Marxist-Leninist systems in Eastern Europe.

Read more here .... (https://global.handelsblatt.com/politics/goodbye-stalin-hello-hitler-810719?ref=NzgzMjI2&utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=contentmarketing&utm_campaign=outbrain-retfeb17)

Kamal900
08-13-2017, 06:03 PM
Soo..with the exception of Israel, all other nations have to open up their borders and not having their own ethno-national state? How many people have the (((media))) painted as the new Hitler? First, they claim that Saddam was Hitler, then Ahmedenijad, then Bashar and now Kim? When will this madness end?

Voskos
08-13-2017, 06:04 PM
The ideology doesn't really matter as long as the underlying system is a military dictatorship.Thats how I see it.

Jehan
08-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Soo..with the exception of Israel, all other nations have to open up their borders and not having their own ethno-national state? How many people have the (((media))) painted as the new Hitler? First, they claim that Saddam was Hitler, then Ahmedenijad, then Bashar and now Kim? When will this madness end?

Except Kim is really crazy and dangerous.

Voskos
08-13-2017, 06:12 PM
@jehan. Are you saying Saddam wasn't dangerous?

Loki
08-13-2017, 06:15 PM

Everyone they don't like is Hitler. Because to them, Hitler is the ultimate evil incarnate, worse than the devil himself.

Loki
08-13-2017, 06:16 PM
Except Kim is really crazy and dangerous.

How many countries has North Korea attacked since the 50s? And... how many countries has America attacked since the 50s? You see, Kim is not really dangerous at all, compared to America. He's harmless, other than to his own people perhaps.

Voskos
08-13-2017, 06:36 PM
@Loki. The fact he harms his own people is a good reason for an intervention against N.Korea.

Jehan
08-13-2017, 06:43 PM
How many countries has North Korea attacked since the 50s? And... how many countries has America attacked since the 50s? You see, Kim is not really dangerous at all, compared to America. He's harmless, other than to his own people perhaps.

He might be harmless for other countries. And even I'am not sure of it.

But for koreans population he is a plain monster.

Loki
08-13-2017, 06:47 PM
@Loki. The fact he harms his own people is a good reason for an intervention against N.Korea.

Depends on what you mean by "intervention". If it means militarily, then you're wrong, because too many people will be killed.

Loki
08-13-2017, 06:47 PM
He might be harmless for other countries. And even I'am not sure of it.

But for koreans population he is a plain monster.

For most of the world, America is the monster. That's the big irony of the matter.

Nyx
08-13-2017, 07:11 PM
It's at moments like this that makes me realize how powerful and influential the mainstream media is. It simply takes pictures of Kim Jong Un doing a military salute to his army along with biased articles to make everyone become bloodthirsty warmongers. Haven't you guys learned anything from Iraq? From Afghanistan? I say remove the sanctions already and leave them to their own thing.

Loki
08-13-2017, 07:15 PM
It's at moments like this that makes me realize how powerful and influential the mainstream media is. It simply takes pictures of Kim Jong Un doing a military salute to his army along with biased articles to make everyone become bloodthirsty warmongers. Haven't you guys learned anything from Iraq? From Afghanistan? I say remove the sanctions already and leave them to their own thing.

Exactly!! Good to see someone is awake! :)

Jehan
08-13-2017, 07:16 PM
For most of the world, America is the monster. That's the big irony of the matter.

Most of the world will choose to live in USA rather than in North korea without hesitation.

Loki
08-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Most of the world will choose to live in USA rather than in North korea without hesitation.

Of course. And why is that? It's because North Korea has been impoverished by American sanctions. (UN sanctions, yes, but America is leading them).

Jehan
08-13-2017, 07:24 PM
Of course. And why is that? It's because North Korea has been impoverished by American sanctions. (UN sanctions, yes, but America is leading them).

I never heard of a rich communist country. So I doubt that US sanctions play a big role in that.
Especially because they are friend with China (and a bit with russi), it's a far enought big market to trade for a country the syze of north korea.

I don't get why you defend Kim. I agree USA is far from perfect in his policy but there aren't many war who seem more legitimate than destroy this corrupt regime.

Dandelion
08-13-2017, 07:29 PM
North Korea has committed atrocities versus foreign countries though. For instance, they have kidnapped Japanese citizens and held them hostage. They did so for them to teach Japanese in North Korean spy schools. They got robbed of many years (decades) of their freedom all because the DPRK is a crazy regime. Some have committed suicide. Other only got released at old age, while they were kidnapped in the prime of their life.

I'm sure that's not the only act of aggression versus other countries from them.

Anyway, I think the DPRK is different from Saddam's Iraq because unlike Saddam the DPRK has ICBMs with nuclear warheads. Saddam also was wise not to use war rhetoric when it came to the threat of war. He pulled back and wanted to save his hide by offering to talk to President Bush to settle an agreement. He also allowed a UN inspection team in his country to prove he didn't have WMDs. Etc...
Saddam and his sadistic sons were assholes sure, but at least he was more rational. The DPRK constantly talks about attacking the US with nuclear missiles. You should take such language seriously, in my opinion.

Loki
08-13-2017, 07:44 PM
I never heard of a rich communist country. So I doubt that US sanctions play a big role in that.
Especially because they are friend with China (and a bit with russi), it's a far enought big market to trade for a country the syze of north korea.

I don't get why you defend Kim. I agree USA is far from perfect in his policy but there aren't many war who seem more legitimate than destroy this corrupt regime.

lol what about China? They're quite rich. :p North Korea would do far better without sanctions.

I'm not defending Kim. But I don't get why you're defending neocon warmongering propaganda.

Loki
08-13-2017, 07:46 PM
North Korea has committed atrocities versus foreign countries though. For instance, they have kidnapped Japanese citizens and held them hostage. They did so for them to teach Japanese in North Korean spy schools. They got robbed of many years (decades) of their freedom all because the DPRK is a crazy regime. Some have committed suicide. Other only got released at old age, while they were kidnapped in the prime of their life.

I'm sure that's not the only act of aggression versus other countries from them.

Anyway, I think the DPRK is different from Saddam's Iraq because unlike Saddam the DPRK has ICBMs with nuclear warheads. Saddam also was wise not to use war rhetoric when it came to the threat of war. He pulled back and wanted to save his hide by offering to talk to President Bush to settle an agreement. He also allowed a UN inspection team in his country to prove he didn't have WMDs. Etc...
Saddam and his sadistic sons were assholes sure, but at least he was more rational. The DPRK constantly talks about attacking the US with nuclear missiles. You should take such language seriously, in my opinion.

What North Korea has done, is not a fraction of what America has done.

Incal
08-13-2017, 07:52 PM

Exactly. That's why I support the US in this regard, everybody has seen what Korea is possible of without retarded despots and that cancer called communism (SK). Good thing Trump won't remain quiet and that will probably motivate Kim Jong Un to do something stupid. Only problem I see is China's meddling in the matter.

Nyx
08-13-2017, 08:00 PM

North-Koreans want to live in North-Korea under their elected Kim Jong Un, why not let them live in the country they want to live?

Jehan
08-13-2017, 08:00 PM
lol what about China? They're quite rich. :p North Korea would do far better without sanctions.

I'm not defending Kim. But I don't get why you're defending neocon warmongering propaganda.

Well @Zhaoyun would be better than me of the subject, but economically, China is liberal, at least enought liberal to allow capitalist trade.

Because I beleive there it's not propaganda. And that the world would be a better placce without north korea.

PS: I don't support US action in Syria or Irak.

щрбл
08-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Putin has killed more people than Kim, so far.

Just saying.

:rolleyes:

Jehan
08-13-2017, 08:03 PM
North-Koreans want to live in North-Korea under their elected Kim Jong Un, why not let them live in the country they want to live?

I don't know if you are ironic or not here.
People who disagree with the greatest leade are (and there relative also) send in labor camp for 3 generations...

Linebacker
08-13-2017, 08:12 PM
He is a chubby dwarf with one inter-con nuclear warhead and he acts like he owns the world,going against the US and shit.

Saddam was a lot tougher and the back of the Iraq army was broken in less then a month.

Incal
08-13-2017, 08:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhKWfPSQOw

Drawing-slim
08-13-2017, 08:45 PM
Are we really happier than N.korean population?? Do we really lead spiritually happier more secure lives? N.Korea is 26 million people how many thousands a day die of suicide? How many millions of its own people Kim has killed? If ignorance is a bless than tough communist regimes have found the magic pill to happy life for their citizens, controll all inforamtion, control everything, provide a home, a job school family.
If we dont put severe sanctions on communist countries and treat them equal we might lose the idealogical war to them.
More people get killed in chicago in one year than in N.korea in 40 years.
Why cant we let them be? Lift the sanctions and even ship aid if they need. We're trying to kill their whole population solely because they love their ruler wtf?!
I think we all have been plaid, all humans on earth. If communism had total victory everywhere worldwide instead then the whole wirkd wouod have lived in absolute harmony i think. think about it? The quality of life would be much better considering you have no enemies like the west trying destroy you with sanctions? Good for global warming too. Simple life for all humans. All guaranteed education, safety, healthcare a home and a job a family a wife a life. All ingredients for a happy life. Under capitalism a child starts worrying about the financial future since age of ten, how is that healthy in a just one life chance?!

Nyx
08-13-2017, 08:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhKWfPSQOw

"Brought to you by "ONE young world" a corporation that ISN'T globalist!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCTCI92tOw

Incal
08-13-2017, 09:06 PM
"Brought to you by "ONE young world" a corporation that ISN'T globalist!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCTCI92tOw

Well the easiest way to verify this would be to visit N.Korea but sadly no one gets in or out so probably is all true.

Isleño
08-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Everyone they don't like is Hitler. Because to them, Hitler is the ultimate evil incarnate, worse than the devil himself.This is indeed fact. I wonder how long will it be before the media itself will be the new Hitler.

Profileid
08-13-2017, 09:16 PM

Not really.

Isleño
08-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Notice China can calm the situation, but chooses to not fully engage North Korea on its nuclear disarmament. The thing is, China wants a buffer state between the Americans in South Korea and themselves. They don't want the US posting up the on their border, if the regime was removed and a unified Korea came to be. But you would think that they would want to assist in the disarmament, because they would not want hundreds of thousands of refugees flooding their border at once. Nuclear disarmament would secure the survival of the Kim regime rather than continuing a nuclear program which may result in the US removing the regime by military force.

Loki
08-13-2017, 09:18 PM
Notice China can calm the situation, but chooses to not fully engage North Korea on its nuclear disarmament. The thing is, China wants a buffer state between the Americans in South Korea and themselves. They don't want the US posting up the on their border, if the regime was removed and a unified Korea came to be. But you would think that they would want to assist in the disarmament, because they would not want hundreds of thousands of refugees flooding their border at once. Nuclear disarmament would secure the survival of the Kim regime rather than continuing a nuclear program which may result in the US removing the regime by military force.

Why should China go after North Korea? It is not threatening China. And yes, you are right with the buffer state.

Loki
08-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Saddam was a lot tougher and the back of the Iraq army was broken in less then a month.

Actually I think North Korea is much stronger than Saddam's Iraq was. But it's irrelevant. Nobody thinks that North Korea can stand against the US. America always picks smaller countries they can bully.

Wanderer
08-13-2017, 09:23 PM
I disagree. It's a totalitarian communist regime, which is fundamentally different. Such a system merely has certain superficial similarities with the Nazi ideology of 30s-40s Germany. Would Hitler be as fascinated with Dennis Rodman as Kim Jong Un is? I don't think so.

Drawing-slim
08-13-2017, 09:25 PM

Nope. N.koreas nuclear weapons will ensure its regimes survival. Look, saddam no weapons of mass distruction no nuclear bombs out. Cadafi no nuclear weapons out. Ukraine gave its nuclear weapons way got invaded. Assad gets Russia's nuclear arsenal on his side gets way with killing 1million people.

Wanderer
08-13-2017, 09:33 PM

It's not a good reason at all. American military power should be reserved for actually protecting Americans. Within that framework, an attack against North Korea is potentially justifiable as a preemptive measure to ensure American security. However, there are many, many issues at play, and there's no straightforward path. A diplomatic solution is preferable, and I think Trump is right that it must involve China. I think China has got to realize that North Korea's actions are not in their interests, either.

Wanderer
08-13-2017, 09:40 PM

I say we should invoke the option of a nuclear Japan to get China to cooperate on North Korea. We should have done it a long time ago. If China doesn't want to impose the crippling sanctions that we want them to to neutralize North Korea, then Japan will acquire nuclear weapons. China surely won't like that.

Isleño
08-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Why should China go after North Korea? It is not threatening China. And yes, you are right with the buffer state.

It's not that China should go after North Korea, but that they should assist with the disarmament of North Korea, which would stop a refugee crisis on their border. But it seems having a buffer state between them and the US in South Korea is more important to them. Besides, the latest news is Kim backed down from firing nukes at Guam, so we'll have to see how the situation develops.

Isleño
08-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Nope. N.koreas nuclear weapons will ensure its regimes survival. Look, saddam no weapons of mass distruction no nuclear bombs out. Cadafi no nuclear weapons out. Ukraine gave its nuclear weapons way got invaded. Assad gets Russia's nuclear arsenal on his side gets way with killing 1million people.
I disagree. Trump doesn't care they have nukes. The US has military capabilities to remove the Kim's regime without their being a nuclear event. They are not looking to kill Kim or change the regime. If they were, it would of happen already. They just want Kim to stop making nuclear weapons. But if Kim keeps it up, him and his regime will be removed and the result will be a unified Korea.

Isleño
08-16-2017, 07:31 PM
I say we should invoke the option of a nuclear Japan to get China to cooperate on North Korea. We should have done it a long time ago. If China doesn't want to impose the crippling sanctions that we want them to to neutralize North Korea, then Japan will acquire nuclear weapons. China surely won't like that.
We will have to see what happens.