PDA

View Full Version : Do European White Americans have non european blood on average?

Decius
08-15-2017, 05:45 PM
Like I'm talking about youre average white American whos ancestors colonized America or came to America like a few hundred years ago

Do they have traces of Native American or Perhaps African blood on average

Lollipop
08-15-2017, 05:50 PM
No.

KMack
08-15-2017, 05:50 PM
Not much, maybe a little Native American or Asian.

With respect to European Americans, the percentages are much more different than African Americans or Latinos, with European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American. In general, the numbers seem to agree with what one would expect given the history of American colonization by Europeans and their interactions with African and Native Americans.
The study itself is quite impressive, conducted with 160,000 people who agreed to allow their data to be used anonymously for research purposes when they submitted their DNA for analysis with 23andMe.
https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/07/claims-that-us-is-a-genetic-melting-pot-appear-overblown-if-youre-white/

Decius
08-15-2017, 05:53 PM
Not much, maybe a little Native American or Asian.

With respect to European Americans, the percentages are much more different than African Americans or Latinos, with European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American. In general, the numbers seem to agree with what one would expect given the history of American colonization by Europeans and their interactions with African and Native Americans.
The study itself is quite impressive, conducted with 160,000 people who agreed to allow their data to be used anonymously for research purposes when they submitted their DNA for analysis with 23andMe.
https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/01/07/claims-that-us-is-a-genetic-melting-pot-appear-overblown-if-youre-white/

Yeah I mean it makes sense they have some Non-European blood because they've been living in a Multi-Racial country for a while

Сербо Макеридов
08-15-2017, 05:56 PM
It is very strange to me that many white Americans claims that they have native American blood.

I think it's a fad, native American genes among white Americans are very very rare.

Decius
08-15-2017, 05:57 PM
It is very strange to me that many white Americans claims that they have native American blood.

I think it's a fad, native American genes among white Americans are very very rare.

Most of there non white genes are very distant

KMack
08-15-2017, 05:59 PM
Yeah I mean it makes sense they have some Non-European blood because they've been living in a Multi-Racial country for a while

In the USA the European women came early on, unlike Spanish colonies in C. and S. America. The average Latino here is 18 percent Native American, 65.1 percent European and 6.2 percent African. The average Black is 75% African and 25% European. Latinos marry Euro White at a 40% clip and Asian marry primarily Euro White on average about 30%. There are certainly some demographic changes going on today.

KMack
08-15-2017, 06:01 PM

I think it's a fad, native American genes among white Americans are very very rare. It is and they always always and I mean always say Cherokee.

Сербо Макеридов
08-15-2017, 06:01 PM
Most of there non white genes are very distant

For some reason, native American blood is very popular among white Americans, and many of them claims that they have native American blood, but in fact they have nothing to do with native Americans.

Linebacker
08-15-2017, 06:03 PM
No most of them don't.

Decius
08-15-2017, 06:04 PM
For some reason, native American blood is very popular among white Americans, and many of them claims that they have native American blood, but in fact they have nothing to do with native Americans.

The Native blood is either very very distant or it does not exist. I would think distant African blood is more believable among white americans

MysteriousWays
08-15-2017, 06:06 PM
Maybe a percent or two

Ranger0075
08-15-2017, 06:23 PM
I know a lot of white americans who used to claim to have Cherokee blood, but when it comes to be tested, it changes... Most of these who claims to have native blood dont have it at all, always happened to them be fully euro or so part SSA, what makes sense to me, liberals like to claim to have non-white blood and those that used to have a dark-skinned relative in the past usually were part-african, but ashamed of such thing, they used to say to their sons they were part amerindian.

Decius
08-15-2017, 06:25 PM
Can anyone post some pics of white American ancestary test results

Pigling
08-15-2017, 07:50 PM
Don't fool yourselves. There's high percentage of White Americans who have some SSA or/and Amerindian ancestry, but in most cases it's not more than 5% genetically speaking.

Famous Americans who look completely Northwest European but still have some non-European ancestry like Chuck Norris and Brad Pitt who both have some Cherokee blood in them are best example.

Mortimer
08-15-2017, 11:41 PM
i think they do but only a little bit, and its maybe not visible on 23andme, for example Sikeliot knows for sure he has african blood but it shows him as less than half a percent or not at all. In a generation it will be gone completely but its there, because his grandmother even looked latina and was part SSA visibly. and he can trace a SSA ancestor, if someone knows a native american ancestor like many do i wouldnt give up the knowledge because 23andme doesnt trace it.

Smitty
08-21-2017, 11:26 PM
i think they do but only a little bit, and its maybe not visible on 23andme, for example Sikeliot knows for sure he has african blood but it shows him as less than half a percent or not at all. In a generation it will be gone completely but its there, because his grandmother even looked latina and was part SSA visibly. and he can trace a SSA ancestor, if someone knows a native american ancestor like many do i wouldnt give up the knowledge because 23andme doesnt trace it.

Most don't have a specific ancestor in mind. It's nothing but a baseless old family story.

zhaoyun
08-21-2017, 11:29 PM
On average a small amount.

Mortimer
08-22-2017, 03:24 AM
Most don't have a specific ancestor in mind. It's nothing but a baseless old family story.

you know better than me. you are a american. but maybe white nationalist americans are biased to prove their "purity" it does make sense that at least the colonial americans have a small amount. but its very small and old.

Miekka
08-22-2017, 06:33 AM
If you refer exclusively to Old Colonial stock Americans with hundreds of years of ancestors in the US, there may be a minority percentage of them that have distant non-European ancestry. As was mentioned, most of it is fairy tales that became fashionable in the 1970s. There are sources online that go into greater depth on this and its history. For many of them, given that their families had been in the US too long to actually trace their ancestors, it seems they began spreading these tales for various reasons. Some posit that it was to assert themselves as 'exotic', others claim that it was to feel some connection to the alleged original inhabitants of the land they now occupied.

While most of it is probably nothing more than a fable, I'm sure in certain regions of the US there are individuals with actual American Indian ancestry.

Smitty
08-22-2017, 11:03 PM
you know better than me. you are a american. but maybe white nationalist americans are biased to prove their "purity" it does make sense that at least the colonial americans have a small amount. but its very small and old.

That motivation is certainly there for WNs. Nonetheless, the stories are often ludicrous on their face. These people often claim a grandparent, great-grandparent, or 2x great-grandparent to have been Indian. My brother-in-law is one such person. But you look at his parents, and there's no way they have that much Amerindian. If they did, they wouldn't think they were white in the first place. Then there's the person from Iowa that claims to be a quarter Cherokee, although the Cherokees never came close to Iowa. It's these obvious and gross errors that make me dismiss these tales out of hand. And that's not to mention the antagonistic relations with the natives throughout history, the racial attitudes of the times, the scarcity of Indians in North America, and the English colonists' practice of bringing their families over with them, unlike the French and the Spanish.

I've no doubt there are Americans with distant Amerindian blood. They're likely to be located primarily in the South and in Oklahoma. But I think the evidence points to their being a minority.

Hamlet
09-23-2017, 07:10 AM
Most don't, but a decent amount do have small (miniscule) percentages. Decent not being anything significant at all, though.

Bogdan
12-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Most are them are English, Dutch, or German. Some miniscule Native American or SSA admixture can be found in some rare individuals but most like to claim they are more mixed than they really are. There’s lots of mythology around being part Native in the US, for some reason.

GreentheViper
12-15-2018, 05:45 PM
A decent number of American Europeans have African or Native blood, but the vast majority are Euromutts usually some mix of English, Irish, German, Scottish and Italian.

tipirneni
12-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Some Europeans with South Asian/Siberian admix from Chalcolithic or before time when mixed with Native American look more Indian

Viriatus91
11-19-2019, 12:31 PM
It's probably tiny in most instances, I have one friend who is of overwhelmingly of old-stock English ancestry from New England with mostly Winthrop Fleet and Mayflower descendants forming his lineage. He happens to have a single 3rd great-grandfather who migrated from Quebec to New England in the mid-nineteenth century, through him he has a Huron 10th great-grandmother, named "Marie-Olivier Sylvestre" or Manitouabewich" and lived from 1624 to 1665. She is the ancestor of a huge number of present day French Canadian and Franco-Americans with her descendants numbering in the millions. So they do have some native ancestry, and on his DNA test the native DNA did not even register.

Östsvensk
11-19-2019, 01:04 PM
White Americans (European Americans) on average are: 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American. Inferred British/Irish ancestry is found in European Americans from all states at mean proportions of above 20%, and represents a majority of ancestry, above 50% mean proportion, in states such as Mississippi, Arkansas, and Tennessee. Scandinavian ancestry in European Americans is highly localized; most states show only trace mean proportions of Scandinavian ancestry, while it comprises a significant proportion, upwards of 10%, of ancestry in European Americans from Minnesota and the Dakotas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Americans#Admixture

Östsvensk
11-20-2019, 02:53 PM
Some 23andme results from Reddit who scored non-Caucasoid admixture.

https://i.redd.it/z55n3uta66z31.jpg

(This one below has a father from New Jersey and mother from Kansas)

https://i.redd.it/5zzzunb0suy31.jpg

https://i.redd.it/w4341mes3iy31.jpg

Canadian:

https://i.redd.it/zg4l1zn1isx31.jpg

Östsvensk
11-24-2019, 04:03 PM
Interesting. This woman says that she has long roots in Pennsylvania which is north and scored 2% SSA. I thought it was only in the south where individuals with admixture could be found.

https://i.redd.it/ppuwl8tikn041.jpg

Smitty
11-24-2019, 09:06 PM
Interesting. This woman says that she has long roots in Pennsylvania which is north and scored 2% SSA. I thought it was only in the south where individuals with admixture could be found.

Depends on the individual. There were free blacks in the North, and interracial marriage has been legal in Pennsylvania since 1780, according to Wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-miscegenation_laws_in_the_United_States). Musician Steven Tyler has similarly recent African ancestry via New York City, if I remember correctly. Of course, it would be even rarer than in the South.

SineNomine
04-10-2021, 07:29 AM
There may be more non-European blood, on average, from "Old World" sources than new world contact (i.e. West/Central Asian, North African).

There was some intermarriage in the early colonial period, so trace amounts are not rare, but it is very faint for most.

The exceptions may be where there are long-term contacts between European American settlers and groups such as Hispano New Mexicans in and around New Mexico, Colorado, etc, or maybe French colonial areas. Some French Canadians, Cajuns are likely to have some Native American lines.

TheOldNorth
04-10-2021, 09:07 AM
yes, about 1-5% though some have far more or less. What I'm more concerned about is your user image which says Nazi Party on it despite you saying your a Slav, so someone the Nazis would've seen as inferior