PDA

View Full Version : Where could these Irish people pass collectively? County Mayo, Western Ireland.

Sikeliot
08-16-2017, 01:25 AM
https://voices.nationalgeographic.org/files/2013/11/Geno-montage-full.jpg

Sebastianus Rex
08-16-2017, 01:30 AM
Considering the whole set, there's too many Brit specific faces to pass outside UK or Ireland imo.

Sikeliot
08-16-2017, 01:33 AM
Considering the whole set, there's too many Brit specific faces to pass outside UK or Ireland imo.

Despite people claiming SE English look more Germanic, I think these people could pass even there just fine.

Sebastianus Rex
08-16-2017, 01:44 AM
Despite people claiming SE English look more Germanic, I think these people could pass even there just fine.

In England ? Sure, no problem, Irish and English basically look the same and despite having many pan-western/northern european types there's many insular specific types that I would never mistake for continentals.

Sikeliot
08-16-2017, 01:45 AM
In England ? Sure, no problem, Irish and English basically look the same and despite having many pan-western/northern european types there's many insular specific types that I would never mistake for continental.

I also think the amount of continental influence in the Irish is underestimated. Based on various clues I have, the only parts of Ireland isolated from it seem to be parts of the extreme south and the extreme northwest.

EasternEurope
08-16-2017, 02:24 AM
Across the British Isles, but mainly in Ireland. That's why I voted the first 3 and the last 1.

aherne
08-16-2017, 06:06 AM
They could be Danish, but oddly lacking Germanic character. Is it me, or the Irish are lighter than English? Among English you can see a lot more Meds and dubious dark types...

MysteriousWays
08-16-2017, 10:15 AM
All of uk, the Netherlands, Denmark, atypical in Germany. Nowhere else as a group.

Odin
08-18-2017, 07:19 PM
England.

Norb
06-15-2019, 03:45 PM
They could be Danish, but oddly lacking Germanic character. Is it me, or the Irish are lighter than English? Among English you can see a lot more Meds and dubious dark types...

post an image of what in your view is a 'dark' type