PDA

View Full Version : Nehellenia's FTDNA result

Nehellenia
08-19-2017, 10:07 AM
https://image.ibb.co/eEpdCQ/okthen.png

So the east middle east and native american is both noise right? :P

Petalpusher
08-19-2017, 10:40 AM
More noise to discuss for the long winter nights thanks to FTDNA.

Grace O'Malley
08-19-2017, 10:47 AM
FTDNA's latest version needs a lot of work in my opinion.

Dema
08-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Hey there, congrats, interesting results..

I dont think that there is noise, and especially not East..

You have some Slavo Baltic blood ;) also distant Jewish ancestor and some DNA in traces..

Cool overall

Hamlet
08-19-2017, 10:53 AM
FTDNA can claim to trace Sephardic? I doubt it, at least not properly.

Nehellenia
08-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Hey there, congrats, interesting results..

I dont think that there is noise, and especially not East..

You have some Slavo Baltic blood ;) also distant Jewish ancestor and some DNA in traces..

Cool overall

I knew and have always expected to have slavic-baltic mixed with jewish results somewhere but not all calculators have picked it up for me.. my paternal grandpa had some ancestry from East Germany/Poland and Latvian jewish from Kurzeme, i don't know where the sephardi in particular is coming from though.. because shouldn't it be ashkenazi.. idk xD
The Northwestern parts are pretty accurate, thats where my mum is from.

Dema
08-19-2017, 11:29 AM
I knew and have always expected to have slavic-baltic mixed with jewish results somewhere but not all calculators have picked it up for me.. my paternal grandpa had some ancestry from East Germany/Poland and Latvian jewish from Kurzeme, i don't know where the sephardi in particular is coming from though.. because shouldn't it be ashkenazi.. idk xD

I also have Sephardic 1% and i believe it is 2000 years distant ancestor. Its very possible that is connected with J2b1 as we probably arrived in Balkan from direction of Levant in time of Rome. So its possible its some kind of ancient Israelite DNA that also forms Jewish ethnos today.

You get 4% that is not little and definitely not noise.

I dont know about Ashkenzi, my was classified as Ashkenzi before but they switched it to Sephardic now with new version.. They are also playing with settings and improving but for sure they are classifying it as Jewish for now.

What is also interesting you dont have a single drop of South East blood

Sp_loa
08-19-2017, 11:42 AM

Sephardic Jews are the jews of the Iberian peninsula. they have been expelled from Spain and Portugal in the late 15 century so they went all over Europe and the mediterranean region.

Ashkenazi jews are the Jews of Germany but they lived mainly in the East-Central part of Europe.
Most Latvian Jews were Ashkenazi so your Jewish ancestor is probably Ashkenazi (although you can never be 100% sure).

Ashkenazi and Sephardi are both very closely related (due to the fact that they are just different types of European Jews) so FTDNA might recognized your Ashkenazi Jewish part (by mistake) as Sephardi.

kingjohn
08-19-2017, 02:08 PM
some labanese christians and cypriotes score 17% and above sefhardic
i doubt it that they have true sefhardic ancestery :)
so don't take it to litteraly
could be just ancient east -med markers that are shared with the sefhardi refrence of ftdna thats all.
thanks for sharing Nehellenia
kind regards
adam

Peterski
08-19-2017, 02:09 PM
I don't believe in "noise". :p

It is just an excuse people use when they don't like having some admixture.

You are American so why should Amerindian admixture be noise?

Enflamme
08-19-2017, 07:36 PM

t is said that FTDNA traces your origins over the last 2,000 years ... personally, I do not think it is "feasible" and very precise.

This explains the weird results that people get: get a percentage of Scandinavian origin, while parents, having a kit too, do not have this, and so on.

Nehellenia
08-20-2017, 10:44 AM

I'm Australian actually, theres no ancestors/relatives i know about that lived in America.. that's why it's weird.
i have a lot of american cousins on FTDNA and 23andme but i don't get the link between us either :P i figured we were related to european relatives who went in 2 different new world directions.

Nehellenia
08-20-2017, 10:49 AM
What is also interesting you dont have a single drop of South East blood

Lol i guess my ancestors got shunned by the mediterraneans xD