PDA

View Full Version : Trump Era Continues to Work Out Just Great for Iran

Babak
08-29-2017, 03:18 AM
Despite the Trump administration’s declared intention of isolating Iran and rolling back its influence in the Middle East, things are continuing to work out pretty well for Tehran’s regional ambitions.

On Sunday, ISIS agreed to a cease-fire in an area along the Lebanon-Syria border where militants had been fighting against simultaneous offensives by the Lebanese Army, the Syrian army, and Hezbollah, an Iranian-backed militia. While there’s no official cooperation between the Lebanese military—a major recipient of U.S. military aid—and Hezbollah—considered a terrorist organization by the U.S. government—they were certainly working toward a common goal of defeating ISIS. The agreement highlights the degree to which Hezbollah and other Iranian-backed groups are increasing their power and influence in Syria now that the various rebel factions are on their heels and Iranian-backed President Bashar al-Assad’s position looks assured. (Western diplomats, including those from the U.S., are now urging what’s left of the country’s opposition to come to terms with Assad remaining in power.)

Iran also notched a win in the Persian Gulf last week when Qatar announced it was restoring diplomatic relations with the Islamic Republic. Relations were severed by Qatar in 2016 in solidarity with Saudi Arabia after the ransacking of the Saudi embassy in Tehran, but Qatar has also been more independent in its foreign policy and much friendlier to Iran than its Gulf neighbors. The latest decision defies efforts by Saudi Arabia and its allies to isolate Qatar in part over its Iranian ties. Those efforts, made with Trump’s blessing, have backfired: Qatar hasn’t backed down and has become increasingly reliant on trade with Iran.

Another of Iran’s erstwhile friends, the Palestinian militant group Hamas, announced Monday that it also is restoring relations with Iran, which had been strained over Hamas’ support for the rebels in the Syrian civil war.

Here’s another win: The International Atomic Energy Agency is issuing a report in a few days which is expected to show that Iran is mostly complying with the 2015 nuclear deal. U.S. intelligence officials have reached the same conclusion, and Trump has now twice certified, with extreme reluctance, that Iran is in compliance, something he is required to do every 90 days. While Trump has said he doesn’t want to do that again, the departure of hard-line enablers Steve Bannon and Sebastian Gorka makes it less likely he will simply blow up the deal. The more likely tactic is to push for stronger and stronger inspections within the framework of the deal, as Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley proposed on Friday. If Iran were to balk at the inspections, it would give Trump pretext to blame Iran for the collapse of the deal. There are also reports of the Trump administration pressuring U.S. intelligence officials to find justification to declare Iran in violation, bringing back bad memories of the manipulation of intelligence in the lead-up to the 2003 Iraq war.

The problem with this strategy is that it’s obvious to everyone, in large part because of Trump’s own statements, that he’s desperate to find a reason to kill the deal. If he were to succeed, European countries—never mind China and Russia—are unlikely to follow the United States’ lead and restore sanctions on Iran.

Once again, while the U.S. struggles to exert an ill-formulated foreign policy, Iran proves to have the upper hand.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/08/28/trump_era_continues_to_work_out_just_great_for_ira n_nbsp.html

Babak
08-29-2017, 03:18 AM
Need some thoughts

JohnSmith
08-29-2017, 03:28 AM
We just need to completely get the hell out of the Middle East. We need to become energy independent and stop providing aide to all the countries there. Saudi Arabia is such a disgrace to human rights and what Israel does to civilians in the Gaza Strip is just terrible. That whole part of the world has much work to do.

Babak
08-29-2017, 03:30 AM
We just need to completely get the hell out of the Middle East. We need to become energy independent and stop providing aide to all the countries there. Saudi Arabia is such a disgrace to human rights and what Israel does to civilians in the Gaza Strip is just terrible. That whole part of the world has much work to do.

It won't happen. Oil and gas are resources that are needed and Iran has it.

Loki
08-29-2017, 03:39 AM
It won't happen. Oil and gas are resources that are needed and Iran has it.

America has plenty of shale oil. Oil is no longer a scarce commodity.

Yehiel
08-29-2017, 03:42 AM
Increased Iranian influence is horrible for the Middle East.

JohnSmith
08-29-2017, 03:55 AM
Increased Iranian influence is horrible for the Middle East.

I really do not understand this made up fear of Iran. Iran is one country that actually fights terrorist that want to kill us. Our "allies" like Saudi Arabia for years have been funding the terrorist and makes us look like fools.

Loki
08-29-2017, 04:08 AM
I really do not understand this made up fear of Iran. Iran is one country that actually fights terrorist that want to kill us. Our "allies" like Saudi Arabia for years have been funding the terrorist and makes us look like fools.

Totally agreed there. Iran actually helps to bring stability. For example, the Syrian civil war is about over now.

StonyArabia
08-29-2017, 05:16 AM
More proof that Iran is just a controlled opposition.

EuropeanVlachSon
08-29-2017, 09:08 AM

Then stop buying huge cars. Just saying.

Totally agreed there. Iran actually helps to bring stability. For example, the Syrian civil war is about over now.

How? Kurds are trying to make their own state, turks came too in Syria, ISIS is not just a state but an ideology, all this terror attacks will continue, the rebels probably will continue to attack the state

N1019
08-29-2017, 11:13 AM
Once again, while the U.S. struggles to exert an ill-formulated foreign policy, Iran proves to have the upper hand.

Need some thoughts
This style of summary just provides cover for the US. By making the Americans look weak and incompetent, they can fly below the radar. It's essentially fake news.

The US is winning strategically throughout the entire region. Look at it - entire countries are burning and America has barely had to lift a finger, with hardly any troops deployed and very few casualties. Meanwhile, Syria is completely ruined, hundreds of thousands are probably dead, and Iran has lost over a thousand troops, desperately trying to shore up the regime in Syria and maintain some control in Iraq, because they know that if those places fall, they are next. Syria and Iraq have become like a buffer zone for Iran. So much for Iranian strength versus American weakness and incompetence. At some level I think the Iranians know their days are numbered.

And all that stuff about reconnecting with Qatar, Hamas etc... meh... so what?

America has plenty of shale oil. Oil is no longer a scarce commodity.

Don't you get it? It's not about American domestic oil consumption. It's about the petrodollar and controlling the entire world's energy supply.

You need to understand why the US is in the middle east to begin with. As I wrote above, it's about controlling the entire world's energy supply, as much as possible, and protecting the petrodollar. Think about what might happen if we completely withdrew from the middle east and let the locals sell oil at whatever prices and in whatever currencies they wanted. I don't think you'd like the outcome. Iran went down that path in the 1970s and it led to regime change back then - the US got rid of the Shah - and it's precisely what Iran wants to do again - set up its own channels for the sale of oil, all for its own benefit, and as stated in the article above, Iran has regional ambitions that clash with the Anglo-American plan. Those middle eastern countries didn't know what to do with oil before the Anglo-Americans started exploiting it, and they still depend on Western technology to extract it efficiently.

How? Kurds are trying to make their own state, turks came too in Syria, ISIS is not just a state but an ideology, all this terror attacks will continue, the rebels probably will continue to attack the state

Of course the terror will continue, from all sides. The war in Syria is by no means over. People who want it to be over are just clinging to any little event that gives them hope.

Yehiel
08-29-2017, 02:53 PM

I said increased Iranian influence is horrible for the Middle East. It's bad for the United States but not as bad.

Because of Iran becoming stronger in the Middle East you will see
1) a Nuclear arms race in one of, if not the least stable region on Earth.
2) the Sunni vs Shiite struggle will worsen because of this
3) Israel will be in greater danger. Israel will never attack Iran (unless necessary) but Iran would attack Israel.
4) the United States will have less control over the Middle East because of this.

Iran getting stronger will lead to war and Iran's demise. I'd rather not have the war in the first place. It is completely avoidable but once again the world is trusting terrorists.

N1019
08-29-2017, 06:32 PM
I said increased Iranian influence is horrible for the Middle East. It's bad for the United States but not as bad.

Iran getting stronger will lead to war and Iran's demise. I'd rather not have the war in the first place. It is completely avoidable but once again the world is trusting terrorists.

I think that's part of the strategy to get to war with Iran. Embark on a fake nuclear deal, embolden the country, encourage them to get their hands dirty and fingers in more and more pies, then start provoking, essentially giving the Iranians enough rope to hang themselves.

JohnSmith
08-29-2017, 10:08 PM

Because of Iran becoming stronger in the Middle East you will see
1) a Nuclear arms race in one of, if not the least stable region on Earth.
2) the Sunni vs Shiite struggle will worsen because of this
3) Israel will be in greater danger. Israel will never attack Iran (unless necessary) but Iran would attack Israel.
4) the United States will have less control over the Middle East because of this.

I really think Iran at the end of the day is a pragmatic country.

Piroz
08-30-2017, 12:00 AM
Unfortunately like the Soviet Union the mullah regime is ideological, if they stop fighting then they lose their reason to even exist in the first place.

Ideal scenario is slow and gradual reform, with more people like Rouhani and Mousavi coming to power. The big question will be what happens after Khamenei dies.

Babak
08-30-2017, 12:00 AM
Unfortunately like the Soviet Union the mullah regime is ideological, if they stop fighting then they lose their reason to even exist in the first place.

Ideal scenario is slow and gradual reform, with more people like Rouhani and Mousavi coming to power. The big question will be what happens after Khamenei dies.

His son takes over or people will eventually revolt.

Beharhal, Iran dahanesh service. Shahyad Behtarsheh, nemidoonim

Babak
08-30-2017, 12:06 AM
Valy kob america khodesh daste kami nadareh albate

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 12:50 AM
Iran is nothing to be afraid of. If we are afraid then they already won. The USSR had thousands of Nuclear Weapons pointed at the USA and you think a shit country like Iran is something to be afraid of. This is ludicrous.

Babak
08-30-2017, 12:55 AM
Iran is nothing to be afraid of. If we are afraid then they already won. The USSR had thousands of Nuclear Weapons pointed at the USA and you think a shit country like Iran is something to be afraid of. This is ludicrous.

lol

Wadaad
08-30-2017, 12:58 AM
Need some thoughts

Do you want Iran bombed or na?

Babak
08-30-2017, 01:00 AM
Do you want Iran bombed or na?

No one does.

Wadaad
08-30-2017, 01:12 AM
No one does.

The author of the article does...

Yehiel
08-30-2017, 01:20 AM

America shouldnt be scared of Iran. But that not the point. Iran getting stronger offers absolutely nothing to the world. The world does not reap any benefits of Iran becoming stronger. If the world doesnt, and the Middle East definitely wont, I dont understand why any American would want Iran to become a powerhouse. They literally sponsor terror programs around the world.

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 02:15 AM
America shouldnt be scared of Iran. But that not the point. Iran getting stronger offers absolutely nothing to the world. The world does not reap any benefits of Iran becoming stronger. If the world doesnt, and the Middle East definitely wont, I dont understand why any American would want Iran to become a powerhouse. They literally sponsor terror programs around the world.

You keep on saying Iran is getting stronger,, so what! How does that really effect the USA directly? It might affect Israel and Saudi Arabia but the USA is not really affected by Iran.
Iran may sponsor terrorism like Hezbollah but they do not attack Americans,, they are fighting with Israel. Israel can take care of themselves the USA should not take any sides in the shit hole called the middle east. Iran is fighting ISIS which are the terrorist that attack and kill westerners.

Babak
08-30-2017, 02:29 AM
But isn't hezbollah a terorist group simply because its simply fucking with israel? Or is hezbollah an actual terrorist group?

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 02:33 AM
But isn't hezbollah a terorist group simply because its simply fucking with israel? Or is hezbollah an actual terrorist group?

They are like the IRA,, they have an agenda that is very much pointed to one enemy. They are terrorist they were firing rockets into Israel several years ago.

Babak
08-30-2017, 02:34 AM
They are like the IRA,, they have an agenda that is very much pointed to one enemy. They are terrorist they were firing rockets into Israel several years ago.

aah ok

Yehiel
08-30-2017, 02:35 AM
You keep on saying Iran is getting stronger,, so what! How does that really effect the USA directly? It might affect Israel and Saudi Arabia but the USA is not really affected by Iran.
Iran may sponsor terrorism like Hezbollah but they do not attack Americans,, they are fighting with Israel. Israel can take care of themselves the USA should not take any sides in the shit hole called the middle east. Iran is fighting ISIS which are the terrorist that attack and kill westerners.

Hezbollah has attacked Americans in the past.

You're missing my point though. Any war with Iran can be completely avoided by them NOT GETTING STRONGER. By allowing them to get stronger you're basically enabling the deaths that will come after, which will be a lot. ISIS was going to be defeated with or without Iran, besides, ISIS are not the only Muslims who want to attack westerners. If ISIS falls radical Muslims will get behind something else. There is absolutely no reason we should let Iran get stronger.

Regardless of your opinion on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict Israel offers 10x more to the world than Iran does.

Babak
08-30-2017, 02:39 AM

You're missing my point though. Any war with Iran can be completely avoided by them NOT GETTING STRONGER. By allowing them to get stronger you're basically enabling the deaths that will come after, which will be a lot. ISIS was going to be defeated with or without Iran, besides, ISIS are not the only Muslims who want to attack westerners. If ISIS falls radical Muslims will get behind something else. There is absolutely no reason we should let Iran get stronger.

Regardless of your opinion on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict Israel offers 10x more to the world than Iran does.

But isn't Iran already fighting ISIS? I think they made quite a bit of impact

Yehiel
08-30-2017, 02:41 AM
But isn't Iran already fighting ISIS? I think they made quite a bit of impact

Iran is only fighting ISIS because ISIS is fighting Assad. Iran has made an impact on the war but ISIS was always bound to fail anyway.

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 02:43 AM

Iran is not going to ever be a serious threat to the USA. Saudi Arabia and Israel commit crimes everyday and no one ever calls them out. Saudi Arabia has sentenced to death a child because they expressed free speech. They sentenced the minor to a beheading and crucifixion. Israel attack UN hospitals and schools in the Gaza Strip. The Middle East is so Fucked up not just Iran is the problem.

We should not be giving money or weapons to anyone there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/teenager-beheaded-crucified-saudi-arabia-7032940

Yehiel
08-30-2017, 02:46 AM
Iran is not going to ever be a serious threat to the USA. Saudi Arabia and Israel commit crimes everyday and no one ever calls them out. Saudi Arabia has sentenced to death a child because they expressed free speech. They sentenced the minor to a beheading and crucifixion. Israel attack UN hospitals and schools in the Gaza Strip. The Middle East is so Fucked up not just Iran is the problem.

We should not be giving money or weapons to anyone there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/teenager-beheaded-crucified-saudi-arabia-7032940

So basically you're saying you don't care if Israel and Saudi Arabia are destroyed? I would just like to know what I am dealing with here. Israel attacks UN hospitals and schools that Hamas uses to store rockets and shoot at Israel. This has been confirmed BY HAMAS THEMSELVES.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753176/Hamas-DID-use-schools-hospitals-Gaza-Strip-human-shields-launch-rocket-attacks-Israel-admits-says-mistake.html

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 02:51 AM
So basically you're saying you don't care if Israel and Saudi Arabia are destroyed? I would just like to do what I am dealing with here. Israel attacks UN hospitals and schools that Hamas uses to store rockets and shoot at Israel. This has been confirmed BY HAMAS THEMSELVES.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753176/Hamas-DID-use-schools-hospitals-Gaza-Strip-human-shields-launch-rocket-attacks-Israel-admits-says-mistake.html
Not true Amnesty International confirmed there were no weapons being hidden in the school and hospitals. You even have Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders whom are Jewish condemning Israel's actions bombing the school and hospitals.

Saudi Arabia is a terrible country and Iran is not as oppressive as Saudi Arabia but you are so worried about Iran. At least women can drive cars in Iran. Israel acts in ways that are completely against international law and the West just remains silent. Killing children in the Gaza Strip my friend is not ok with me. Of-course the Behavior of the Palestinians is no better either because they cannot seem to ever want to make peace,, they are not innocent.

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 02:53 AM
http://www.mintpressnews.com/amnesty-international-condemns-repeated-israeli-raids-hospital/230129/

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 02:55 AM
The Middle East is just a giant Cluster fuck I want to stay away from.

Yehiel
08-30-2017, 02:59 AM
Not true Amnesty International confirmed there were no weapons being hidden in the school and hospitals. You even have Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders whom are Jewish condemning Israel's actions bombing the school and hospitals.

Saudi Arabia is a terrible country and Iran is not as oppressive as Saudi Arabia but you are so worried about Iran. At least women can drive cars in Iran. Israel acts in ways that are completely against international law and the West just remains silent. Killing children in the Gaza Strip my friend is not ok with me. Of-course the Behavior of the Palestinians is no better either because they cannot seem to ever want to make peace,, they are not innocent.

It has been confirmed by Hamas and the UN itself that they used schools to store rockets. Do you really believe Israel, a first world country benefits from bombing schools? It gives them a bad rep, there would be no other reason for them to do it.

UN confirming it here: http://www.thetower.org/1955-un-report-confirms-hamas-stored-and-fired-weapons-from-un-schools/

Either way I just cant fathom why any non-Iranian would want Iran to become a superpower. They offer absolutely nothing to humanity, and encourage Jihad by openly supporting terrorist organizations. You can't claim to have a moral standing while supporting Iran, they still execute gays.

Yehiel
08-30-2017, 03:02 AM
http://www.mintpressnews.com/amnesty-international-condemns-repeated-israeli-raids-hospital/230129/

This is a article about the IDF raiding a hospital in East Jerusalem, not the Gaza strip, and there were no casualties.

The Middle East is just a giant Cluster fuck I want to stay away from.

Okay if youre just saying the United States should just stay out of the Middle East thats fair, but if youre supporting Iran then I have a problem.

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 03:02 AM
It has been confirmed by Hamas and the UN itself that they used schools to store rockets. Do you really believe Israel, a first world country benefits from bombing schools? It gives them a bad rep, there would be no other reason for them to do it.

UN confirming it here: http://www.thetower.org/1955-un-report-confirms-hamas-stored-and-fired-weapons-from-un-schools/

Either way I just cant fathom why any non-Iranian would want Iran to become a superpower. They offer absolutely nothing to humanity, and encourage Jihad by openly supporting terrorist organizations. You can't claim to have a moral standing while supporting Iran, they still execute gays.

You are talking out your ass,, IRAN is a shit country that will never be a super power,,, keep watching Fox News and let them tell you how a country that has the per capita income lower than Mexico will somehow become a super power. Good Day Sir.

You are in la la land.

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 03:07 AM
This is a article about the IDF raiding a hospital in East Jerusalem, not the Gaza strip, and there were no casualties.

Okay if youre just saying the United States should just stay out of the Middle East thats fair, but if youre supporting Iran then I have a problem.

I am an American and I support America. Anyone that puts another country ahead of my own should be tried for Treason. No Country comes before my blessed USA. Iran is a shit country that I am no way afraid of but I am putting them in perspective, which you are not, you seem to be delusional.

Babak
08-30-2017, 03:27 AM
I am an American and I support America. Anyone that puts another country ahead of my own should be tried for Treason. No Country comes before my blessed USA. Iran is a shit country that I am no way afraid of but I am putting them in perspective, which you are not, you seem to be delusional.

Its the regime that makes it a shitty country.

JohnSmith
08-30-2017, 03:31 AM
Its the regime that makes it a shitty country.

I agree,, the Iranian people I am sure want to open up and be allies with the USA. The Iranian people from what I hear are high cultured vs some others but the theocratic government is the problem. It is a shame how religion kind of ruins everything.

Babak
08-30-2017, 03:34 AM
I agree,, the Iranian people I am sure want to open up and be allies with the USA. The Iranian people from what I hear are high cultured vs some others but the theocratic government is the problem. It is a shame how religion kind of ruins everything.

The main problem is that the government is based on ideology and religion, yes. Mullahs love to overestimate themselves.

sailormoon
08-30-2017, 05:03 AM
Iran is the model student compared to North Korea, which defies all previous deals with the international community and continues with its nuclear path unapologetically. The Trump administration needs to keep the current nuclear deal with Iran as it is now as Iran is fully committed to abandon its nuclear program, which would make the volatile region much safer. Steve Bannon schemed to make the US leave the nuclear deal by finding minor violations on the Iranian side but he had left the White House and he has no influence on the Trump administration's foreign policy now.

N1019
08-30-2017, 10:53 AM

You are still completely ignoring the reasons why Iran and the US are at loggerheads. Obviously, Iran is not a direct military threat to the US! It's not about that. If you want to remain clueless, keep ignoring the other reasons, which have already been stated. Nations don't have to directly threaten each other militarily to be major problems for each other.

Saudi Arabia is a terrible country and Iran is not as oppressive as Saudi Arabia but you are so worried about Iran. At least women can drive cars in Iran.

You're splitting hairs. They are both awful regimes. Iran executes more people annually than Saudi Arabia snd the regime has executed tens of thousands of people as enemies of the revolution. It's pure Stalinism. Women are slowly making progress in Saudi Arabia.

Israel acts in ways that are completely against international law and the West just remains silent. Killing children in the Gaza Strip my friend is not ok with me. Of-course the Behavior of the Palestinians is no better either because they cannot seem to ever want to make peace,, they are not innocent.

Now you're doing usual libtard thing of going after Israel in an appeal to hypocrisy rather than looking at Iran. Yeah, we know Israel has done some bad things, but that doesn't make it OK for Iran. Israel isn't about to be tactically nuked by America for its behaviour. Iranian "resistance" is just plain reckless and suicidal.

Bosniensis
08-30-2017, 10:59 AM

Who decides what ARE human rights?

It's up to sovereign state/civilization to decide what's human and what's not.

They don't have to BELIEVE and BEHAVE like Saxons.

UN Human Rights aren't related to Arab Civilization nor they never accepted it.