PDA

View Full Version : Weird/extreme coincidences - Simulated reality theory (or nightrider's descent into madness)

nightrider+
08-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Ok, so I was walking down the street a while ago listening to Kill em All on the headphones... After having listened the first 4 songs or so I get bored and skip to Seek and Destroy... Not even half a minute later, some guy passes by with a Seek and Destroy t-shirt (not just Metallica but Metallica Seek and Destroy!). Needless to say my mind was kinda fucked. What are the fucking odds? And this is just my most recent and characteristic recent experience of this kind. Countless similar things have happened but I usually forget them after a while. So what about you, Apricity nutjobs? Do you ever feel like some superior force is trolling you?

Aldaris
08-29-2017, 12:35 PM
Interesting. Just yesterday, I've been thinking about the exact same topic. :)

Anyway, statistically, such things will happen from time to time. When you think about it, it would be less weird, if they didn't happen at all. And there's a reason, they don't happen often and again, it is statistics. :)

Linebacker
08-29-2017, 01:07 PM
Sometimes I get the weird and false feeling of dejavu when doing something I've never done or being somewhere I've never been.

It happens a lot less lately.

But I remember how I would go somewhere hiking or sit at a cafe in some alien to me town and I would get the strange feeling of how I've been there numerous times before when I haven't.