PDA

View Full Version : Iran sees little chance of enemy attack: military chief

Babak
09-02-2017, 09:51 PM
DUBAI (Reuters) - - Enemies are unlikely to attack Iran, especially on the ground, the country’s military chief predicted on Saturday, saying even “unwise” leaders in the West know that any such conflict would have huge costs for them.

U.S. President Donald Trump, adopting an aggressive posture towards Iran after its test launch of a ballistic missile, said in February that “nothing is off the table” in dealing with Tehran, and the White House said it was putting Iran “on notice”.

“In the remote case of an aggression (by enemies), this won’t be on the ground because they would face brave warriors,” Iran’s semi-official news agency Tasnim quoted military chief of staff General Mohammad Baqeri as saying.

“Thank God, even the unwise who lead world arrogance (the West)... can conclude that attacking the Islamic Republic would entail heavy costs,” Baqeri said at an air defense exhibition.

“Even if they would control the start of an aggression, they would not have a say about its end and they won’t even be able to limit the war to Iran’s borders,” Baqeri added.

The United States imposed unilateral sanctions against Iran last month after saying the ballistic missile tests violated a U.N. resolution, which endorsed a 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers to lift sanctions.

The resolution called upon Tehran not to undertake activities related to ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such technology. It stopped short of explicitly barring such activity.

Iran denies its missile development breaches the resolution, saying its missiles are not designed to carry nuclear weapons.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-wildfires/largest-wildfire-in-los-angeles-history-forces-hundreds-to-evacuate-idUSKCN1BD0DX

zarzian
09-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Inb4 N9019 sais Iran will be conquered

N1019
09-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Well, I think we can safely dismiss any official statements from the regime like this, but unfortunately, that's not a good thing for Iran.

I could dissect the general's words but there's no point, really - it's just Islamo-Stalinist regime propaganda.

Meanwhile, the Americans have a complete blueprint for war.

There's no point saying the Americans can't or won't do this or that, when they are already destroying entire countries. It's just silly.

Babak
09-03-2017, 12:08 AM
Well, I think we can safely dismiss any official statements from the regime like this, but unfortunately, that's not a good thing for Iran.

I could dissect the general's words but there's no point, really - it's just Islamo-Stalinist regime propaganda.

Meanwhile, the Americans have a complete blueprint for war.

There's no point saying the Americans can't or won't do this or that, when they are already destroying entire countries. It's just silly.

I think they will destroy every country that exists in west asia/middle-east. In fact, I think they will fuck everybody in europe too.

N1019
09-03-2017, 12:10 AM
I think they will destroy every country that exists in west asia/middle-east. In fact, I think they will fuck everybody in europe too.

Yep. What I'd like to know is what prompted the statement. Someone's obviously worried about war.

Babak
09-03-2017, 12:12 AM
Yep. What I'd like to know is what prompted the statement. Someone's obviously worried about war.

Well yea man, i have family over there, i should be worried

N1019
09-03-2017, 12:13 AM
Well yea man, i have family over there, i should be worried

I mean what prompted the general to make that statement.

Babak
09-03-2017, 12:15 AM
I mean what prompted the general to make that statement.

oh lol. I think its about time he opens his eyes. What would happen if iran stopped doing everything right now?

N1019
09-03-2017, 12:18 AM
oh lol. I think its about time he opens his eyes. What would happen if iran stopped doing everything right now?

Can't be sure but I suspect it's too late for that, and they're screwed no matter what.

To me, those statements are an acknowledgement that the American threat is real. If it was really seen as BS and they were in a position of strength, they'd be better off not responding at all.

Babak
09-03-2017, 12:20 AM
Can't be sure but I suspect it's too late for that, and they're screwed no matter what.

To me, those statements are an acknowledgement that the American threat is real. If it was really seen as BS and they were in a position of strength, they'd be better off not responding at all.

So I was right then, it means they are loosing ground in syria

Babak
09-03-2017, 12:58 AM
Fuck american warmongers.

Fuck war.

Fuck illiterate degenrate dumbfuck smelly raghead fucks.

N1019
09-03-2017, 01:01 PM
So I was right then, it means they are loosing ground in syria

Well, back to the question of what would happen if Iran stopped doing everything (that was pissing off the Americans) right now?

Perhaps the final outcome would be the same, i.e. regime change in Tehran and possible dismemberment of Iran.

However, I'm sure it would mean less fatalities if Iran just capitulated. That might sound like a weak idea, and I know they are paranoid about looking weak (which itself is a sign of weakness), but ultimately for those whose lives or loved one's lives are at risk, it is worth considering. Unfortunately I don't see any movement in that direction from the mullahs.

For the above reasons I say Iran is screwed no matter what, but the path of capitulation would probably save lives. If they continue on the path of resistance, which they are doing at the moment, well, we know what that means.

There is this argument that Iran and Israel feed off each other as enemies, and that therefore the mullahs will be kept in power as a bad dog on a leash, and while I agree it is a game they play for their own benefit that does not mean the mullahs will be kept going forever. A similar argument runs that the Anglo-American and Israeli military industrial complexes make billions out of having Iran as an enemy. It's true. But think how much they would make from war with Iran - way more - so that argument isn't watertight either. Besides, the military industrial complexes have bigger enemies like Russia and China to exploit for their own gains.

As for Syria, I'm not sure about the precise details of Iran's current position, but if Iran seeks to strengthen and establish a permanent presence there I expect ongoing subversion efforts from the Anglo-Americans and Israel. Israel will probably start claiming that a long term Iranian military presence in Syria is an existential threat. Beyond that, I expect the Anglo-Zionists will not give up until the current regime falls or is otherwise completely neutralized. They are probably quite pissed off that Assad is still in power despite destroying the country, but it's not over yet, and they can afford to play the long game. The delays in Syria have probably put the brakes on any attempts at war with Iran.

Learning_Genetics
09-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Unfortunately the idiots in my country read whatever their news media tells them. They get all of their opinions from newspapers and the BBC. It amazes me that they actually feel threatened by Iran. It's always interesting hearing middle class baby boomers who have never put on a uniform (and who never will) pontificating about the need to "defend our place in the world".

Babak
09-05-2017, 03:10 AM
Inb4 N9019 sais Iran will be conquered

hes banned lol