PDA

View Full Version : have you chosen to commit suicide under certain conditions?

crazyladybutterfly
09-03-2017, 06:06 PM
the one most likely to happen is if i end up homeless without a job or means to feed myself , im not going to beg

then there is the remote possibility of being kidnapped while doing some travel in a mena country , i d kill myself either before or right after

and if i end up sick with no pension or if i age prematurely with no one to support me

or when i d be no longer able to do the basic things , like washing myself

another disability which would fprce me to kill myself is losing eyesight , i recognize there are happy blind people but vision , colors etc bring me to see the wonders of life i d be miserable without eyesight
a couldnt be able to do a lot of things i love to do

adsız
09-03-2017, 06:19 PM
the one most likely to happen is if i end up homeless without a job or means to feed myself , im not going to beg

then there is the remote possibility of being kidnapped while doing some travel in a mena country , i d kill myself either before or right after

and if i end up sick with no pension or if i age prematurely with no one to support me

or when i d be no longer able to do the basic things , like washing myself

another disability which would fprce me to kill myself is losing eyesight , i recognize there are happy blind people but vision , colors etc bring me to see the wonders of life i d be miserable without eyesight
a couldnt be able to do a lot of things i love to do

You should see your doctor asap.. He will increase your dose.

Maria Sharapova
09-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Yes. If someone close in my family dies(other than grandparents).

Yehiel
09-03-2017, 06:25 PM
If you don't have a means to support yourself, your first priority should be finding a way to support yourself. Not commit suicide.

Lucia
09-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Only when there's no escape. Like jumping off a burning building, being surrounded by a very aggressive occupying force(ISIS) etc.

Harkonnen
09-03-2017, 06:29 PM
I know a guy who found out he had a disease that would slowly turn him into a wheelchair vegetable. He thought that it would not be right for his wife to have to take care of him for the rest of her life, so he killed himself. A very loving thing to do.

Pennywise
09-03-2017, 06:34 PM
I know a guy who found out he had a disease that would slowly turn him into a wheelchair vegetable. He thought that it would not be right for his wife to have to take care of him for the rest of her life, so he killed himself. A very loving thing to do.

And I know a guy who shot himself in the chest, bullet missed the heart and hit the spine, he ended up in wheelchair paralyzed. His wife left him afterwards.

Very loving thing to do.

щрбл
09-03-2017, 06:34 PM

Easy-peasy, find a man, have children with him, problem solved.

Everybody dies at one point. :rolleyes:

Maria Sharapova
09-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Easy-peasy, find a man have children with him, problem solved.

I mean if anyone who is relatively young dies.

Linebacker
09-03-2017, 06:37 PM
Yes the way the WHO health statistics are going,by 2060 I will probably be the only fit person on the planet.Then I will KMS.

Zephyrus
09-03-2017, 06:50 PM
have you chosen to commit suicide under certain conditions?If I ever found out I was a Jew.

Gangrel
09-03-2017, 07:03 PM
If I got in an accident and was paralysed from the neck down I'd get ma bois to throw me off the tallest building in the world for comedic value and die a legend

Queen B
09-03-2017, 07:07 PM
1) If f.e. my kids and my husband die in a crash and I'm only left to live.
2) I'm bound to die either way and suicide is the least painful way (jump off a building instead of burnt alive.)

Oneeye
09-03-2017, 07:28 PM

At the end of the day, suicide is for one's own wants and fears. If sudden loss is easier on her, then she wouldn't have stuck around anyways.

crazyladybutterfly
09-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Only when there's no escape. Like jumping off a burning building, being surrounded by a very aggressive occupying force(ISIS) etc.

if isis surrounds my city , lol not going to happen, i d fake converting to islam , live as a free woman and try to find a way to get contact with the enemies and help them
if i cant do that , i d just wait and say the most antislamic blasphemous things while producing homemade alcohol

crazyladybutterfly
09-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Easy-peasy, find a man, have children with him, problem solved.

1 will i be young enough?

2 am i attractive enough now? it isnt going to improve in the future

3 i am not going to prostitute myself , playing with a man emotion and just sucking off his money is no different from prostitution

Lucia
09-03-2017, 07:31 PM
live as a free woman

How?

crazyladybutterfly
09-03-2017, 07:36 PM
If you don't have a means to support yourself, your first priority should be finding a way to support yourself. Not commit suicide.

of course but it isnt that easy
some people end up homeless because they didnt find a job in time and employers dont want homeless people

crazyladybutterfly
09-03-2017, 07:37 PM
How?

if you convert they cant enslave you nor force you into marriage

RabbitHole
09-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Have I chosen...? No, I have not or I would not be typing right now.

Oneeye
09-03-2017, 07:46 PM
1 will i be young enough?

2 am i attractive enough now? it isnt going to improve in the future

3 i am not going to prostitute myself , playing with a man emotion and just sucking off his money is no different from prostitution

You're too superficial to have a meaningful relationship anyways.

crazyladybutterfly
09-03-2017, 07:51 PM
You're too superficial to have a meaningful relationship anyways.

how

Lucia
09-03-2017, 07:56 PM
if you convert they cant enslave you nor force you into marriage

What they have been doing doesn't really suggest it would be like that. You would become a sex slave in the best case.
I'd rather die with dignity than fake convert and hope for mercy from those lunatics.

♥ Lily ♥
09-03-2017, 07:58 PM
I don't understand the question;- if someone has chosen to commit suicide, then they're dead and won't be here now. I only know of two people who committed suicide, which I see as a sign of cowardice and weakness. (There's people who threaten to commit suicide as a way of seeking attention from others as a method to see if anyone cares ... but the real suicidal people rarely discuss it and just go ahead and do it.)

I'm too strong-minded and have coped through difficult times (such as an abusive father, the sudden death of a partner, a viscious rape attack, court trials, the media, a sick child, etc)... and I feel very strong and happy with life. I've met people in life who've been through much worse things n' they're still standing strong. I've seen teens without any legs who are disabled and are waiting on bionic legs to help them, yet they're coping well and are physically active and are enjoying life after receiving counselling, etc.

Whenever you fall, you bounce back up again and can still ride back to happiness. (Happiness feels all the more sweeter after experiencing a violent storm... you can't fully appreciate one emotion without experiencing the other in life.)

We find ways to cope with whatever things happen in life. The worry and fear of 'what if this happens in life?' is worse than actually coping with challenges and crossing each bridge in life as you reach it. I recommend a great best-selling book by an American psychologist called 'Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway' by Susan Jeffers, which has helped thousands of people in nations across the globe to overcome their fears in life.

Out of your weaknesses, you'll find your strengths.

Life is a bit like a carousel... one minute people are up, the next they're down. C'est la vie.

I've seen feeble-minded people who've turned to drugs and alcohol to try to escape from things in life they couldn't cope with, even tho they've not endured half the things I've coped with... and yet I take no drugs, alcohol, etc. I don't need to turn to false religion either as an emotional crutch to cope with life;- I've studied mcuh better philosophy books to cope with reality, than the need to believe in imaginary people in the sky.

Playing music on the piano, dancing, listening to music, etc, is a great release for your emotions. Everyone needs to have an outlet in life for their emotions. Music, poetry, dancing, photography, and art are all safe places for the freedom of self-expression. Finding an emotional release for tension and negative emotions and having passions, interests, and hobbies in life keeps you well, along with a good diet, exercise (great lift for the mind too,) and being around good friends and people you love and who you love and who also make you feel good is important too.

When my grandmother was alive, she said to me that having a shoulder to cry on, and having fun and a laugh with good friends, is better than any medication during difficult times.... she was so accurate and wise as I've found this to be true.

Life is too short and there's unfortunate young people who're dying from cancer, etc, in hospitals right now who wish they could live.... they'd give anything to live..... so embrace and cherish the single life we have, and make the most of living for each day.

MissMischief
09-03-2017, 09:10 PM
I might consider suicide if a) I'm in extreme pain b) I'm concerned about the burden I may be placing on others.

Lek
09-03-2017, 09:13 PM
I have jokingly played with the thought , yes. But not actually considered it. There's more to life no matter what.

Kazimiera
09-03-2017, 09:23 PM
"Severity of circumstance" is a purely subjective experience. What one person considers a situation serious enough to warrant suicide may be just another hurdle for someone else.

It's like pain. How do you objectively quantify pain? You can't because it is subjective.

I know of a guy who was extremely wealthy, who owned one of those mansions high up on a hill with all the views, the heated swimming pool, stables for the horses and tennis courts. He ran into some financial difficulties and had to sell his house. He had to move to a slightly smaller mansion a little lower on the hill, except this one didn't have the tennis courts. He contemplated suicide because he'd no longer be able to pay for a professional tennis coach to come see his kids. You and I would say he's fucking nuts. My whole property costs what one of his tennis courts do. BUT it is relative. It's a big deal for HIM. He wasn't accustomed to anything else and the thought of having to downscale his life was incomprehensible. I've never had a tennis court, nor do I play tennis, which is why I can live without a court and he can't.

Oneeye
09-04-2017, 12:29 AM
how

You put youth on a pedestal, so much so that you worry about wrinkles from the 20s.

crazyladybutterfly
09-04-2017, 08:23 AM
You put youth on a pedestal, so much so that you worry about wrinkles from the 20s.

I dont care about appearence though , in that department i have absolutely nothing to lose everything i have is unattractive and it no more bothers me , the thought that i am ugly makes aging easier to cope with

i care about health and strenght , things which nature blessed me to have , youth is simply a requirement

if i could choose between being 10 years biologically younger , at a cellular level, but with a skin condition that makes my skin wrinkled/saggy , without affecting the health , and being only a couple of years older and looking 18

id choose the first

on the average person , wrinkles are signs of a crippling sickness which i will erase as much as i can i want to look at the mirror without being reminded that in few days i ll be dead , not as strong , with lowered cognitive abilities , not as ALIVE

i dont know how long i will live but if i come to a point to which aging causes me too much sufference , be it 30 or 80 , i will kill myself
l accept this with serenity

it is like a leukemic person filled with ematomas , except that there is hope for leukemia while there is none for aging

Ghazi
09-04-2017, 08:33 AM
If I ever found out I was a Jew.

same

crazyladybutterfly
09-04-2017, 08:47 AM
same

how would that have an impact on your faith? are muslim jews less worthy? :confused:

Óttar
09-04-2017, 08:59 AM
My grandfather purposely overdosed on morphine pills when he was in the hospital with terminal Parkinson's. My aunt who died of terminal cancer recently, first attempted suicide by OD'ing on Xanax and morphine. Me, my mom and my other aunt walked in to find her unresponsive on the couch. We later found a suicide note in an envelope with keys to the apartment. We did not notice the note at first, but it flashed across my mind before we walked in that the envelope may contain a note. She wrote that she couldn't do the chemo anymore, told us that she loved us, and left bank info underneath.

We were going to let her go, but as it appeared that she would survive, I called the police, they took her to the hospital, we got her into a hospice program and she died ~ 10 days later at the apartment while my mom and aunt were talking on the couch.

--

I have decided that if I am in a seriously debilitating condition that I will go out the way that Hunter S. Thompson went out; with a point blank gun-shot to the left temple. I have decided on an automatic pistol, either a Beretta or a Glock.

I would not want to go out the pills way. I do not want there to be any time left for me to think, "Maybe I shouldn't do this..." or "Oh shit, in 1X minutes I'll be dead!" I don't want to be left anytime to think at all.

Ghazi
09-04-2017, 09:07 AM
how would that have an impact on your faith? are muslim jews less worthy? :confused:

:picard2::picard2::picard1::picard2:

crazyladybutterfly
09-04-2017, 09:08 AM
:picard2::picard2::picard1::picard2:

so they re ?

Ghazi
09-04-2017, 09:15 AM
so they re ?

https://i.imgflip.com/wj94t.jpg

MissMischief
09-04-2017, 10:05 AM
I dont care about appearence though , in that department i have absolutely nothing to lose everything i have is unattractive and it no more bothers me , the thought that i am ugly makes aging easier to cope with

i care about health and strenght , things which nature blessed me to have , youth is simply a requirement

if i could choose between being 10 years biologically younger , at a cellular level, but with a skin condition that makes my skin wrinkled/saggy , without affecting the health , and being only a couple of years older and looking 18

id choose the first

on the average person , wrinkles are signs of a crippling sickness which i will erase as much as i can i want to look at the mirror without being reminded that in few days i ll be dead , not as strong , with lowered cognitive abilities , not as ALIVE

i dont know how long i will live but if i come to a point to which aging causes me too much sufference , be it 30 or 80 , i will kill myself

it is like a leukemic person filled with ematomas , except that there is hope for leukemia while there is none for aging

Gosh, you're only 21. Stop being so obsessed with aging, it'll happen anyway so you might as well have fun NOW and enjoy the best years of your life (you're going to miss your 20s) instead of wasting your time worrying.

Purohit ji
09-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Enjoy the present. Dont care about future. Otherwise both get ruined.

Oneeye
09-04-2017, 04:30 PM

id choose the first

I'm not sure why you think that your health declines rapidly? Perhaps as you approach retirement age.

http://www.nber.org/aginghealth/summer03/w9821-1.jpg

http://www.nber.org/aginghealth/summer03/w9821.html

The man with leukemia also faces aging. The only difference youll notice in the next few decades is a longer time to recovering from drinking heavily or cage fighting.

Don't fall for this "20s are your best years" crap. Only if you want to have an extended childhood with fewer responsibilities. As if you couldn't be as happy and very active during your 30s, 40s, and even 50s. You may want to take it easier during your 60s and 70s, but you'll have plenty of things you can still do.

щрбл
09-05-2017, 08:19 PM
Anything higher than 0.1% non-european DNA would be lethal.

crazyladybutterfly
09-05-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure why you think that your health declines rapidly? Perhaps as you approach retirement age.

http://www.nber.org/aginghealth/summer03/w9821-1.jpg

http://www.nber.org/aginghealth/summer03/w9821.html

The man with leukemia also faces aging. The only difference youll notice in the next few decades is a longer time to recovering from drinking heavily or cage fighting.

Don't fall for this "20s are your best years" crap. Only if you want to have an extended childhood with fewer responsibilities. As if you couldn't be as happy and very active during your 30s, 40s, and even 50s. You may want to take it easier during your 60s and 70s, but you'll have plenty of things you can still do.

i am not saying you become soon a disabled person , aka like the average elder , but your performance and resistance lowers
you get more easily sick
you get less fertile , both sexes
your eyesight worsens
your cognitive performances get worse
you might mention winsdow but i dont see it , people simply get less adventurous and lazier. is that winsdow? i have seen too many assholes of older age and interesting people younger than i to believe there will be substancial difference and most people culture remains low though i belong to the few who like to read but my long term memory already turned potato , i dont know how much i can extend my culture honestly.

i am not inventing anything as even 30 years old athletes have to retire in many sports.

and i disagree with the notion that the 20s are the best years , the best years are the childhood ones and not because of lack of responsibilities . actually few responsibilities are healthy even at a tender age , but for the way you live and perceive the world around you . adulthood sucks and not for the responsibilities but because once we turn adults we tend to see everything around us as grey.

and you posted SELF REPORTED HEALTH STATUS.

i assume that younger people are simply more paranoid and complain more about the smallest things than older people do . older people witness more friends/relatives in a bad physical situation than young people do , so i assume they are either more realistic or tend to
undervalue their health problems , especially the men , which is often a cause for many deaths that in these days with available drugs i would consider as premature.

crazyladybutterfly
09-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Enjoy the present. Dont care about future. Otherwise both get ruined.

cant agree more. i constantly remind myself that i might be dead tomorrow ... somehow it makes me calmer.

Oneeye
09-05-2017, 10:41 PM
i am not saying you become soon a disabled person , aka like the average elder , but your performance and resistance lowers
you get more easily sick
you get less fertile , both sexes
your eyesight worsens
your cognitive performances get worse
you might mention winsdow but i dont see it , people simply get less adventurous and lazier. is that winsdow? i have seen too many assholes of older age and interesting people younger than i to believe there will be substancial difference and most people culture remains low though i belong to the few who like to read but my long term memory already turned potato , i dont know how much i can extend my culture honestly.

i am not inventing anything as even 30 years old athletes have to retire in many sports.

and i disagree with the notion that the 20s are the best years , the best years are the childhood ones and not because of lack of responsibilities . actually few responsibilities are healthy even at a tender age , but for the way you live and perceive the world around you . adulthood sucks and not for the responsibilities but because once we turn adults we tend to see everything around us as grey.

and you posted SELF REPORTED HEALTH STATUS.

i assume that younger people are simply more paranoid and complain more about the smallest things than older people do . older people witness more friends/relatives in a bad physical situation than young people do , so i assume they are either more realistic or tend to
undervalue their health problems , especially the men , which is often a cause for many deaths that in these days with available drugs i would consider as premature.

Those sports are hard on the body. If you treat your body well, you will see longevity in health. Most people will never reach their full potential of physical fitness, no matter their age. What's the big deal if you're not even taking advantage of it? Most abuse it and become out of shape from poor decisions when younger.

Mental strength is also kept by using it.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199311/how-the-mind-ages

As for the wisdom comments.. they're asinine. We live in a world where practically everyone is less mature than they should be for their age. Tell me what is "interesting" about people under 20? It just shows how superficial your take on relationships is.

Jesus Christ, when I was 20, I wasn't thinking like you. xD

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-05-2017, 11:33 PM
And I know a guy who shot himself in the chest, bullet missed the heart and hit the spine, he ended up in wheelchair paralyzed. His wife left him afterwards.

Very loving thing to do.

She could have been helpful and finished the job but, you know, women...

If I was suffering from a disease that would leave me in a terrible position in life I'd buy a large canvas and place it behind me as I blow my brains out with a shotgun. The blood drenched canvas will be sold to the highest bidder and the proceeds will go to helping cute little puppies and kittens.

Dandelion
09-05-2017, 11:34 PM

id choose the first

Reason you tolerate the niqaab and even burka is because you yourself would prefer to avoid the Sun to keep your skin smooth and soft. And if it were accepted by Italian society, you would walk around as follows on the beach.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-pNkZmmVaXUg/UDOua9KajxI/AAAAAAAAb30/-V36-w7IXZc/facekini-6%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

http://landgrab.us/photo/73043/face-kini-full-body-bathing-suits-flaunted-by-fashionable-chinese.jpg

Svipdag
09-06-2017, 01:12 AM
YES. I have visited many elderly relatives in nursing homes and have no illusions about the kind of existence (NOTE: I did not say life.) they lead there. If i have an opportunity to get access to one of my pistols, I will NOT go to one of those places..

Wadaad
09-06-2017, 01:22 AM
YES. I have visited many elderly relatives in nursing homes and have no illusions about the kind of existence (NOTE: I did not say life.) they lead there. If i have an opportunity to get access to one of my pistols, I will NOT go to one of those places..

Those places exist because your society chose promoting individual liberty over communal responsibility...Being sent to a nursing home is the natural culmination to the phenomenon of giving parents the finger in your youthful years (and teenage rebellion against mom and dad is promoted in movies, novels, everything...because then those wayward 'free' teens can be vulnerable lambs for fiscal and other kinds of exploitation aswell as social engineering and brainwashing.

Chasing after freedom and the chance to 'make it' out of the home, leads to no time to cultivate inter-generational family relations.

Wadaad
09-06-2017, 01:32 AM
As for my opinion on suicide...I see its morality depending on the circumstances, but in the end, we did not deserve to be alive to begin with. It happened, as a freak accident if you are an agnostic, or by a Creator's Will, if you are religious. Either way, you did not have a say in you being here, so why should you have a say in exiting? I find it a kind of 'beta' weakness, anti-universe move, like un-plugging a game console in the middle of a hard challenge...quitting.

You had no say in your existence, so why should you have in your exit? Are you more deserving than the Creator who gave you that ticket, in making judgments when to stop the game or not? My point is, you dont own your soul

If you dont believe in a Creator, you still dont 'own' your soul, anymore than a random bedouin 'owns' crude oil underneathe the desert. Why? Because you dont know the purpose of your existence, or what fate awaits you after you die, what your 'being/existence' meant or looked like before your birth, and many more questions you can never know. Ownership only comes with knowing what it is you own, and humans dont even understand what the essence of 'soul' is, so how can we own it?

Yes, it could have all been a freak, meaningless accident...or maybe everything, even the pain and misery you experience, has a purpose...but suicide for the most part, seems like a cheating that the Universe will more than likely have a contingency against...(punishment in hell, reincarnation with even more misery, you can name infinite scenarios).

War Chef
09-06-2017, 01:35 AM
Those places exist because your society chose promoting individual liberty over communal responsibility...Being sent to a nursing home is the natural culmination to the phenomenon of giving parents the finger in your youthful years (and teenage rebellion against mom and dad is promoted in movies, novels, everything...because then those wayward 'free' teens can be vulnerable lambs for fiscal and other kinds of exploitation aswell as social engineering and brainwashing.

Chasing after freedom and the chance to 'make it' out of the home, leads to no time to cultivate inter-generational family relations.

Does that mean you volunteer to wipe ass of your mom and dad?

Not trying to provoke but serious question.

Having aging parents is an incredibly tough spot to be in, see my thread here:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?217413-AGING-CRISIS

Wadaad
09-06-2017, 01:37 AM

If it ever come to it, God forbid...I will do it.

I had an uncle suffer a stroke back in 1999, and I witnessed his wife and children do pretty much all of that. He got the stroke from stress and over-working to provide for them. The son was 16 or so, went from going for his driving lessons, to going to his dad's physiotherapy full time, walking his dad to the toilet and back, etc.

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-06-2017, 01:51 AM

And yet you just made a post about killing yourself because you don't want your children to go through the process of taking care of you when you're incapable of doing the very basics of living. What did Muhammad say about suicide? Clearly if the person doesn't die, then it isn't Allah's will that they be dead. Perhaps your relatives were learning a valuable lesson from taking care of their father. Maybe your own children will learn a valuable lesson when Allah punishes you with a mighty stroke years from now for promoting suicide over discomforting, and therefore depriving a lesson being taught, your children.

I, of course, don't believe in Allah or Yahweh and so I'll be shooting myself with a crap load of heroin right after snorting coke off a stripper's breast. I may or may not wear pants. I haven't decided yet.

Wadaad
09-06-2017, 01:53 AM
?? you must have misread...

Not a Cop
09-06-2017, 01:57 AM
If it ever come to it, God forbid...I will do it.

I had an uncle suffer a stroke back in 1999, and I witnessed his wife and children do pretty much all of that. He got the stroke from stress and over-working to provide for them. The son was 16 or so, went from going for his driving lessons, to going to his dad's physiotherapy full time, walking his dad to the toilet and back, etc.

My grandmother's sister had a stroke in 2011 or 2012, since that time we moved her to grandmother, since she had no family of her own and focused all of her care on my dad and me. It was truly a depressing experience to see her as she was 80 by the time of stroke and it hit her hard, mind was almost gone, and she "became a shadow of what she used to be" and it was obvious that she won't get any better.

It was my grandmother who mostly took day to day care of her, though dad obviously provided a lot of finances.

She passed away a year ago and i must say though the moment i heard the news besides feeling sorrow i ashamedly felt a bit of relief as her struggle was over, as struggle of her relatieves. Still i can't imagine taking my grandparents to eldery houses or some other similar organisations.

Heather Duval
09-06-2017, 02:13 AM
im prob gonna be blind
j dont have a perfect vision but i dont care
i went to the doctor and he indicated me glasses but i will look terrible wearing it

crazyladybutterfly
09-06-2017, 08:24 AM

but if you have a job you can still pay someone else to nurse this parent while giving this person affection in his last days . i dont know , if i dont kill myself , if i am not going to age in hamster years which probably i am , i will try to get a job so that my mother wont be left alone in a nursery home
she wasnt the best mother , but she wasnt the worst either , she doesnt deserve being abandoned if i am still alive ... my brother wont give a fuck for sure.

crazyladybutterfly
09-06-2017, 08:26 AM
im prob gonna be blind
j dont have a perfect vision but i dont care
i went to the doctor and he indicated me glasses but i will look terrible wearing it

lol there is laser for that , it is only about a pair of thousands of euros here to correct miopia
must be even less in brazil and you claim to come from a middle class family...

crazyladybutterfly
09-06-2017, 08:27 AM
Those sports are hard on the body. If you treat your body well, you will see longevity in health. Most people will never reach their full potential of physical fitness, no matter their age. What's the big deal if you're not even taking advantage of it? Most abuse it and become out of shape from poor decisions when younger.

Mental strength is also kept by using it.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199311/how-the-mind-ages

As for the wisdom comments.. they're asinine. We live in a world where practically everyone is less mature than they should be for their age. Tell me what is "interesting" about people under 20? It just shows how superficial your take on relationships is.

Jesus Christ, when I was 20, I wasn't thinking like you. xD

the big deal is seeing yourself slowly dying , it s a torture . i d rather die all of sudden and soon

wvwvw
09-06-2017, 08:34 AM

That's a stupid reason to commit suicide. You are not a survivor. :D

Some of the most rich people in the world used to be dirt poor at some point in their luves.

I would never commit suicide because I wouldn't like to spread sadness or guilt to the people around me.

Unless I suffered from mental illness like schizophrenia or was a serial killer who physically harmed innocent people.

Drawing-slim
09-06-2017, 08:35 AM

YOU must be jesus reincarnate, good for you selfless being.

Queen B
09-06-2017, 10:00 AM

Ι'd do it , of course.
They did it for you when you were a kid. They cared for you while you were growing. They will give their life for you, and you can't just take care of them on their last moments?

crazyladybutterfly
09-06-2017, 03:04 PM
That's a stupid reason to commit suicide. You are not a survivor. :D

Some of the most rich people in the world used to be dirt poor at some point in their luves.

I would never commit suicide because I wouldn't like to spread sadness or guilt to the people around me.

Unless I suffered from mental illness like schizophrenia or was a serial killer who physically harmed innocent people.

i have seen a channel about a guy who interviews homeless people , a great thing in my opinion as some people go to help them by offering them a job , many are homeless for 5 years some even more than 15 years .

the record is one guy who got homeless at 15 and remained so till his 40s .

Black Panther
09-06-2017, 03:12 PM
If I got in an accident and was paralysed from the neck down I'd get ma bois to throw me off the tallest building in the world for comedic value and die a legend

It would take you 20 seconds before hitting the ground.

Odin
09-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Nope, I am too busy for that.

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-06-2017, 03:37 PM
?? you must have misread...

No, I didn't misread. You did a complete 180 degree turn in your posts. A disregard for your life because you'd feel to be a burden on your children, while in another post you speak as if Western society disregards the old because they're a burden. So what is at the heart of both posts? Getting rid of a burden to make life easier on the adult children.

Heather Duval
09-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Nope, I am too busy for that.

busy with what?

Odin
09-06-2017, 03:44 PM
busy with what?

Life.

Heather Duval
09-06-2017, 03:46 PM
you cant be busy with life

Iloko
09-06-2017, 03:47 PM
I've thought about it at times, but I was always strong enough to make it through to the next day.. each succeeding day.

Black Panther
09-06-2017, 03:47 PM
I save the option of suicide for certain conditions:

1. If I lose eye sight.
2. If I am stripped of my manhood through castration.
3. I am about to be tortured and will be killed in the end anyhow.
4. I am in jail for the rest of my life.

Those are the only 4 conditions/scenarios under which I would kill myself. Even if I lost all my money, family, job, etc. I would still move on.

Odin
09-06-2017, 03:50 PM
you cant be busy with life

Life is busy for many around here.

Heather Duval
09-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Life is busy for many around here.

ugly people should kill themselves

Odin
09-06-2017, 03:56 PM
ugly people should kill themselves

They won't.

Harley
09-06-2017, 03:58 PM
I was briefly legally blind for a period of two months last year before having a vitrectomy in one eye, and laser surgery in both.

As an artist and a writer, you don't find reasons to commit suicide as soon as you can't do what you want to. You find ways to continue doing what you love.

I don't personally believe in suicide, though there have been periods in my life in which I wish I were simply not in existence.

After having cared for a family member who has been in a semi comatose state, I have expressly said to my husband to pull the plug on me if I'm ever found in this condition. And if I live after that? I will have to deal with it. Unfortunately. I doubt I will be able to voice suicide in this state, but I am also probably very stubborn to keep existing.

I think the only uncontrollable and unstable emotional states which I would consider suicide as a quick off option is if I found my kid dead as a child( heaven forbid... I find myself tearing up at the mention of that). That means I failed to rear her into an adult, and failed at life ultimately.

Gangrel
09-06-2017, 05:06 PM
It would take you 20 seconds before hitting the ground.

u sure?

Arduti
09-08-2017, 08:23 PM

I wouldn't blame it solely on selfish kids. In general, kids grow up caring about their aging parents about as well as they were cared about by their parents when they were growing up.

But you're right, freedom-minded societies have a problem with maintaining healthy families. I do not necessarily care for the idea of a communal life with all of society, just within my own family.

Arduti
09-08-2017, 08:26 PM
I don't think about death at all.