PDA

View Full Version : SAS Hit Squads At UK Malls

Sol Invictus
12-16-2010, 06:54 PM
07 Dec 2010
The Sun

SAS hit squads are today protecting packed shopping centres from terrorists - with orders to shoot to kill.

The regiment's elite troops are poised to foil any al-Qaeda bid to cause Mumbai-style carnage amid Britain's Christmas crowds.

The Who Dares Wins teams have instructions to strike hard and fast to combat the "real and credible" threat of a bomb-and-gun onslaught by fanatics.

Full Article (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3263540/SAS-hit-squads-at-UKs-malls.html)

CelticTemplar
12-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Now, I have a deep respect for the SAS, but how exactly are men with Kevlar, and Assult rifles supposed to stop a bomb? I could understand if they were trying to stop snipers, gunmen, or shoplifters. But they probably won't be able to stop a suicide bomber who does not present a visible target until the very last second. Overall I think that it just makes people feel safer (or paranoid if your an Anti-Government activist) , when they see special forces troops walking around the mall.

Beorn
12-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Increase public fear. Reassure them with over the top measures. Re-election in the bag.

CelticTemplar
12-16-2010, 07:59 PM
That is a very good point.

Fortis in Arduis
12-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I think that they should target a really lame department store like 'House of Fraser', one of the shops which already has a fucking sale on, or maybe somewhere really ugly like Stevenage or Coventry.