PDA

View Full Version : The Kolbrin.

Azanigin
12-17-2010, 12:27 PM
We're living in prophetic times, says a newly-revealed ancient text inscribed by Egyptian scholars shortly after the Exodus. Having survived the millennia, these texts are now part of The Kolbrin Bible. They offer uncannily accurate predictions, and several have already come to pass. Those yet to be fulfilled warn us that Muslim terrorists will soon trigger a world war that destroys the United Nations and then divides the world into bloody hegemonies. Following that, another prediction warns of a global cataclysm in which humanity suffers an E. L. E. (extinction level event) with asteroid impacts, massive earthquakes, erupting volcanoes and tsunami waves.

The Kolbrin is a 2-part, 11-book secular anthology. The first six books are called the "Egyptian texts" and were penned by Egyptian academicians following the Hebrew Exodus. The last five books are called the "Celtic texts" and were penned by Celtic priests following the death of Jesus. Historical accounts in The Kolbrin Bible offers numerous prescient descriptions of a large reddish object called "The Destroyer," which orbits our Sun. It also correlates to Nostradamus's "Bearded Star," Mother Shipton's "Fiery Dragon" and the "Red Comet" warning of the Mayan Calendar 2012 Prophecies. The Egyptians tell us it caused Noah's Flood and the Ten Plauges of Exodus. They warn us it will return with catastrophic results in the near future, and many of the harbinger signs offered in the text have are now coming to pass.

http://www.thekolbrin.com/kolbrin_toc.html

Y6FoBWq22Rc

Osweo
12-17-2010, 01:09 PM
LoL, they ruined it, sticking 'Celtic' in there! :rotfl: Might as well add summat about vampires a la Twilight now, if they're sinking to such a denominator of gullible fool! :D

Azanigin
12-17-2010, 01:41 PM
LoL, they ruined it, sticking 'Celtic' in there! :rotfl: Might as well add summat about vampires a la Twilight now, if they're sinking to such a denominator of gullible fool! :D

Hey you could be on to something ..It would make a great Movie...

The question is;
Is it any less believable than an invisible man in the sky who sees everything that everyone does, understands everything.. and has ultimate power over everything that ever was or will be.. He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake.. he knows if you've been bad or good.. and you'll burn in the eternal fires of a really bad alternate world if you screw up.

( I'm not talking about Santa Claus btw);):D

Osweo
12-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey you could be on to something ..It would make a great Movie...
Damn, not again. :(

I remember sometime in the eighties I joked in front of too many witness that Hollywood should do a film of big worms terrorising a remote part of the US.

Sorry, world. :(

The question is;
Is it any less believable than an invisible man in the sky who sees everything that everyone does, understands everything.. and has ultimate power over everything that ever was or will be.. He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake.. he knows if you've been bad or good.. and you'll burn in the eternal fires of a really bad alternate world if you screw up.

( I'm not talking about Santa Claus btw);):D
People will always believe something, so the thing is not to waste energy on that, but at least do your best to ensure that the less harmful beliefs are the ones that win out. ;)

The one you characterise above has actually been a pretty useful belief in many ways. It inspired great art and architecture, and many great deeds. Also some nasty shit too, but on average it's been one of the least harmful knocking around.

Azanigin
12-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Damn, not again. :(

I remember sometime in the eighties I joked in front of too many witness that Hollywood should do a film of big worms terrorising a remote part of the US.

Sorry, world. :(

People will always believe something, so the thing is not to waste energy on that, but at least do your best to ensure that the less harmful beliefs are the ones that win out. ;)

The one you characterise above has actually been a pretty useful belief in many ways. It inspired great art and architecture, and many great deeds. Also some nasty shit too, but on average it's been one of the least harmful knocking around.

So what in your opinion is the most harmful religion ?

My opinion for what its worth is.. People make religions harmful and evil not the religion itself.. Mans ego and greed for power has a lot to answer for.

Osweo
12-17-2010, 07:00 PM
So what in your opinion is the most harmful religion ?
Depends on the time period and region, of course. Ideally, a religion should provide cohesion and inspiration to a group, and not impede advancement in the group's 'finding itself'. When a group outgrows it, and it becomes a hollow shell that prevents the organism from reacting to new historical environments, it is harmful.

There is the matter of how much suffering and inconvenience is caused to individuals, but this should be looked at in the context of broader benefits to the group as a whole.

A harmful religion stunts a people's growth, physical and spiritual. It is inflexible and prevents adaptation to new circumstances. Perhaps we could add the notion that harm is also observable in a religion's external relations. Constant holy war might forge a certain togetherness among devotees, but will also tend to bring risks from without. Such strife directs too much attention and effort outward that could be better used 'at home' in ensuring maximum spiritual and intellectual development for all the 'flock'.

My opinion for what its worth is.. People make religions harmful and evil not the religion itself.. Mans ego and greed for power has a lot to answer for.
Religions that don't take account of Man's eternal nature are poorly crafted in the first place, and obviously open to abuse. And there is no such thing as a 'religion' if there are no followers. The mere tenets of a religion, its scriptures or mythology and moral code, are only one aspect of the whole.

Judging a religion without reference to its real life manifestations is just idle speculation, with little value in terms of information that is to be taken into account when individuals make decisions in their lives that may or may not affect the course of human history.

Azanigin
12-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Depends on the time period and region, of course. Ideally, a religion should provide cohesion and inspiration to a group, and not impede advancement in the group's 'finding itself'. When a group outgrows it, and it becomes a hollow shell that prevents the organism from reacting to new historical environments, it is harmful.

There is the matter of how much suffering and inconvenience is caused to individuals, but this should be looked at in the context of broader benefits to the group as a whole.

A harmful religion stunts a people's growth, physical and spiritual. It is inflexible and prevents adaptation to new circumstances. Perhaps we could add the notion that harm is also observable in a religion's external relations. Constant holy war might forge a certain togetherness among devotees, but will also tend to bring risks from without. Such strife directs too much attention and effort outward that could be better used 'at home' in ensuring maximum spiritual and intellectual development for all the 'flock'.

Religions that don't take account of Man's eternal nature are poorly crafted in the first place, and obviously open to abuse. And there is no such thing as a 'religion' if there are no followers. The mere tenets of a religion, its scriptures or mythology and moral code, are only one aspect of the whole.

Judging a religion without reference to its real life manifestations is just idle speculation, with little value in terms of information that is to be taken into account when individuals make decisions in their lives that may or may not affect the course of human history.

Tat Tvam Asi...

Osweo
12-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Tat Tvam Asi...

An so are thee. Now, what's tha gunna do abeawt it?

Azanigin
12-19-2010, 03:17 PM
An so are thee. Now, what's tha gunna do abeawt it?

What's there to do ? :)

Osweo
12-19-2010, 09:53 PM
What's there to do ? :)

Nothing, something, or everything.

I don't see the point of existing without doing something. Everything is impossible, so one might as well start cooking up a list of as many possible things as you can, and reasoning out a guide for eliminating which things not to do.

And if knowing a few esoteric little phrases really is underlined by some actual beneficial ideas behind them, promulgating such knowledge to those as are ready to hear it might be worthwhile, or at least better than doing nowt.

Azanigin
12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Nothing, something, or everything.

I don't see the point of existing without doing something. Everything is impossible, so one might as well start cooking up a list of as many possible things as you can, and reasoning out a guide for eliminating which things not to do.

And if knowing a few esoteric little phrases really is underlined by some actual beneficial ideas behind them, promulgating such knowledge to those as are ready to hear it might be worthwhile, or at least better than doing nowt.

Aye up and ecky thump Osweo!!!
Owz about you come up with some beneficial ideas and i'll just pop in a few gabble esoteric phrases.. then thas will look a gradley young lad and I will look a gradely wally...EEEee I wish I were as waint as thee..:thumbs up