PDA

View Full Version : Anglo names are really beautiful

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 01:26 PM
My first name is Anglo, thank you parents!
I like: Lily, Stacy, Heather, Megan, Kylie... and many others!!!!

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 01:29 PM
My cousin's name is Jennifer but her father is American anyway

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 01:31 PM
maybe it sound good to my ears because english isnt my first language
i see many brazilians pronouncing jennifer in a bad way :lol:

Bruchus
09-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Italian names are the most well-sounding, IMO.

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Italian names are the most well-sounding, IMO.

i bet your name is jose maria
manoel or shits like that

Bruchus
09-11-2017, 01:48 PM
i bet your name is jose maria
manoel or shits like that

My name is a pretty much traditional Iberian name. :-)

Yours must likely is Deividson. :icon_smile:

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Yours must likely is Deividson. :icon_smile:

David is my cousin. No one use Iberians names here anymore in the same level it was in 1900s. People now puts Anglo names or indigenous name like Mayara.
Many young people I know have indigenous name: Mayara, Taine, Taina...

Bruchus
09-11-2017, 01:55 PM
David is my cousin. No one use Iberians names here anymore in the same level it was in 1900s. People now puts Anglo names or indigenous name like Mayara.
Many young people I know have indigenous name: Mayara, Taine, Taina...

So much the better for them. English names as they're indiscriminately used in Brazil are a plague.

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 01:58 PM
So much the better for them. English names as they're indiscriminately used in Brazil are a plague.

they are looking at the future
when i become a hollywood act people will pronounce well my first name and i wont have to change it
im ready to america

Bruchus
09-11-2017, 02:00 PM
they are looking at the future
when i become a hollywood act people will pronounce well my first name and i wont have to change it
im ready to america

Deividison Souza sounds so soccerplayish.

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 02:02 PM

nah, isnt
and my surname isnt souza, silva or some other low class surnames

Os 10 sobrenomes de pobre do Brasil
10 - Pereira

09 - Costa

08 - Almeida

07 - Araujo

06 - Alves

05 - Oliveira

04 - Silva

03 - Souza

02 - Santos

01 - Ferreira
http://forum.jogos.uol.com.br/os-10-sobrenomes-de-pobre-do-brasil_t_3303418

Bruchus
09-11-2017, 02:11 PM
nah, isnt
and my surname isnt souza, silva or some other low class surnames

Os 10 sobrenomes de pobre do Brasil
10 - Pereira

09 - Costa

08 - Almeida

07 - Araujo

06 - Alves

05 - Oliveira

04 - Silva

03 - Souza

02 - Santos

01 - Ferreira
http://forum.jogos.uol.com.br/os-10-sobrenomes-de-pobre-do-brasil_t_3303418

You said you were Araújo.

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 02:14 PM
You said you were Araújo.

No, I said one of my grandmother surnames was it.

Kamal900
09-11-2017, 02:16 PM
I like Semitic, Greek and Iranian names better.

Bruchus
09-11-2017, 02:18 PM
No, I said one of my grandmother surnames was it.

Low class background then. Nothing wrong about this, Heaths.

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Low class background then. Nothing wrong about this, Heaths.

my first name was inspired in an american actor from 90s

Heather Duval
09-11-2017, 02:26 PM
I like Semitic, Greek and Iranian names better.

sounds weird to me

Bobby Martnen
01-03-2018, 05:22 PM

Claims to like Anglo names.

Is a fan of Beyonce

lol

Aodhan
01-03-2018, 05:31 PM

Josicreidson

LieDetector
01-03-2018, 05:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIfcqlTDcKM

Heather Duval
01-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Claims to like Anglo names.

Is a fan of Beyonce

lol

Beyoncé's full name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter . Her first name is a tribute to mother Tina Knowles' French maiden name Beyincé, pronounced "bay-EN-say." Tina didn't think there were enough men in the Beyincé family to keep the surname going, so she adapted it and made it her daughter's first name.

Heather Duval
01-03-2018, 05:41 PM
My name is a tribute to an American celeb from 90s according to my parents. Thank God i will not have to tell people how to pronounce it when im famous aka in hollywood. Stupid latinos.

Carlito's Way
01-03-2018, 05:42 PM
I dont like anglo names much :(

Heather Duval
01-03-2018, 05:47 PM
I dont like anglo names much :(

Latino names are low class! Watch SNL and notice that Americans always makes fun of it and call every Mexican woman Maria. Your name is universal ive seen Carlos in many Northern European countries. My name is a tribute to an American celeb from 90s according to my parents.

Carlito's Way
01-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Latino names are low class! Watch SNL and notice that Americans always makes fun of it and call every Mexican woman Maria. Your name is universal ive seen Carlos in many Northern European countries. My name is a tribute to an American celeb from 90s according to my parents.

Lol true but angl names in mexico are for low class, different countries will consider certain ethnic group names low class

https://memecrunch.com/meme/BHVVM/el-brayan-kevin-brandon-y-el-tayson/image.jpg?w=572&c=1

Heather Duval
01-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Lol true but angl names in mexico are for low class, different countries will consider certain ethnic group names low class

https://memecrunch.com/meme/BHVVM/el-brayan-kevin-brandon-y-el-tayson/image.jpg?w=572&c=1

"Maria" "Maria José" "Leopoldina" etc are considered weird and not cool names by young Brazilians. They think only old people got these names. Most young people here now have indigenous names like "Mayara" "Tainá" etc

Peterski
01-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Lol true but angl names in mexico are for low class

But here you have a family with 3 kids and only 1 has Anglo name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psBSWQ13CMA#t=11m04s

Heather Duval
01-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Also, its common here to see Brazilian women with Italian mens names. Like Andrea! Here is for girls, not for guys.

Drusilla
01-03-2018, 06:08 PM
I would have thought Silva was #1.

Carlito's Way
01-03-2018, 06:13 PM
"Maria" "Maria José" "Leopoldina" etc are considered weird and not cool names by young Brazilians. They think only old people got these names. Most young people here now have indigenous names like "Mayara" "Tainá" etc

Yeah maria is overrated as hell lol

Here are the top popular names in mexico, its a major upgrade, better names now are being given to children. Cant stand the jesus, maria and jose stupid as names smh

A portuguese name is among the top in mexico, its Thiago, that name is very common in Brazil, almost everyone has a Thiago relative in Brazil lol

http://www.padresehijos.com.mx/ser-bebe/15/08/24/los-100-nombres-para-bebes-mas-populares-en-mexico/

Bobby Martnen
01-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Beyoncé's full name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter . Her first name is a tribute to mother Tina Knowles' French maiden name Beyincé, pronounced "bay-EN-say." Tina didn't think there were enough men in the Beyincé family to keep the surname going, so she adapted it and made it her daughter's first name.

Who cares? It's still a non-Anglo, goofy sounding name, that indicates a lack of desire to assimilate

Kriptc06
01-03-2018, 06:48 PM
My name is italian and Spanish :) with roots in greek/latin

It has an anglo variant but its very rare

Hruodberht
02-17-2018, 05:54 PM
My name is Roberto a Spanish version of Robert, or Rob, where an Old English cognate form (Hrēodbēorht, Hrodberht, Hrēodbēorð, Hrœdbœrð, Hrœdberð) had existed before the Norman Conquest.

Latinus
02-18-2018, 04:02 AM
Yours must likely is Deividson :icon_smile:

https://www.askideas.com/media/37/Funny-Laughing-Gif-Boy-Image.gif

Heather Duval
02-18-2018, 04:17 AM
https://www.askideas.com/media/37/Funny-Laughing-Gif-Boy-Image.gif

would be better than joao
pedro silva
manoel pereira santos
jose maria and all of these low class name and surnames
pereira, silva and santos sre the most low class names ever u found in any funk singer

Latinus
02-18-2018, 04:34 AM
would be better than joao
pedro silva
manoel pereira santos
jose maria and all of these low class name and surnames
pereira, silva and santos sre the most low class names ever u found in any funk singer

They are not "low class". You think they are because Portugal was Brazil's colonizer and the main Euro stock in this country. It's obvious that the average Brazilian will have Portuguese names/surnames. If Germany had colonized Brazil instead of Portugal, Hoffmann, Schmidt, etc., would be "low class" surnames.

Grace O'Malley
02-18-2018, 04:52 AM

A lof of these names aren't really of "Anglo" origin but are popular in English speaking countries. Many are of Celtic, Greek, Roman etc. Kylie is actually an Australian Aboriginal name. Heather is actually English but Megan is Celtic, Stacy is a shortened form of Anastasia which is Greek, Jennifer is Welsh. As far as I'm aware Lily is English from Lillian which is a form of Elizabeth. Anyway my point is that a lot of names whilst common in English speaking countries aren't necessarily "Anglo" in origin.

Heather Duval
02-18-2018, 04:55 AM
They are not "low class". You think they are because Portugal was Brazil's colonizer and the main Euro stock in this country. It's obvious that the average Brazilian will have Portuguese names/surnames. If Germany had colonized Brazil instead of Portugal, Hoffmann, Schmidt, etc., would be "low class" surnames.

nope
da silva
pereira etc are very knowing for being low class surnames here
there are even a funk dos silva

https://youtu.be/PSVTh6R9QMQ
magalhães and bittencourt arent low class

Heather Duval
02-18-2018, 04:58 AM
A lof of these names aren't really of "Anglo" origin but are popular in English speaking countries. Many are of Celtic, Greek, Roman etc. Kylie is actually an Australian Aboriginal name. Heather is actually English but Megan is Celtic, Stacy is a shortened form of Anastasia which is Greek, Jennifer is Welsh. As far as I'm aware Lily is English from Lillian which is a form of Elizabeth. Anyway my point is that a lot of names whilst common in English speaking countries aren't necessarily "Anglo" in origin.

but are from english language
like "britney"=means someone from england and even heather wich means a flower(?)

Grace O'Malley
02-18-2018, 04:59 AM

Brandon, Kevin etc are actually Irish names with great history. Kevin - Anglicized form of the Irish name Caoimhín, derived from the older Irish Cóemgein, composed of the Old Irish elements cóem "kind, gentle, handsome" and gein "birth". Saint Caoimhín established a monastery in Glendalough, Ireland in the 6th century and is the patron saint of Dublin. St Kevin of Glendalough.

The given name Brandon as a variant form of the Irish given name Brendan[1] is an Anglicised form of the Old Irish name, Bréanainn, which is in turn derived from the earlier Old Irish Brénainn. The mediaeval Latin form of the name, Brendanus, has influenced its spelling in the modern English and Irish forms. However, the name has no meaning in the Irish language, and was absorbed from the Old Welsh breenhin, meaning Prince or Chieftain. A famous Irish man was St Brendan the Navigator so these names have quite a long history.

Grace O'Malley
02-18-2018, 05:05 AM
but are from english language
like "britney"=means someone from england and even heather wich means a flower(?)

They aren't from the "English" language. Names like Alfred are from the English language. Britney is actually a form of Brittany the French province Bretagne. It does trace back to Britain as it derives from the Latin name for Britain which was Brittania. Brittany actually means "lesser" or little Britain.

Heather Duval
02-18-2018, 05:10 AM
They aren't from the "English" language. Names like Alfred are from the English language. Britney is actually a form of Brittany the French province Bretagne. It does trace back to Britain as it derives from the Latin name for Britain which was Brittania. Brittany actually means "lesser" or little Britain.

"heather" "lily" "britney" "alfred" are common names in english speak countries and easy for you guys pronounce way easier than "pablo=common name in hispanic world" to yall

Latinus
02-18-2018, 05:16 AM
nope
da silva
pereira etc are very knowing for being low class surnames here
there are even a funk dos silva

https://youtu.be/PSVTh6R9QMQ
magalhães and bittencourt arent low class

It's because they are common surnames and the majority of the population is low class, duh.

Heather Duval
02-18-2018, 05:24 AM
It's because they are common surnames and the majority of the population is low class, duh.

if u dont remember nazare tedesco was often making fun of maria do carmo pereira da silva in the novela senhora do destino lol
its rare to found an da silva
pereira araujo santos alves etc among rich families
i see many bittencourt and magalhaes

Heather Duval
02-18-2018, 05:43 AM
Silva, Santos, Oliveira, Souza e Pereira são os sobrenomes mais comuns de 46,8 milhões de trabalhadores do setor privado, com idade entre 23 a 60 anos, no Brasil.
Juntos, respondem por cerca de 45% dos sobrenomes que constavam, em 2013, na Relação Anual de Informações Sociais (Rais), uma base de dados socioeconômicos do Ministério do Trabalho.
Mas, se comparados aos de outras origens - em especial japonesa e germânica -, as chances de os brasileiros que carregam esses cinco sobrenomes tão comuns ganharem salários menores são grandes.

Uma pessoa com sobrenome de ancestralidade japonesa, por exemplo, recebe, em média, um salário 16,8% maior que um pessoa branca com sobrenome ibérico. Os germânicos, por sua vez, recebem 8% mais que os indivíduos bancos com sobrenomes portugueses e espanhóis.
Se for observada também a raça, verifica-se que pardos, negros e índios, refletindo a já conhecida desigualdade que persiste no país, ganham menos, independente do sobrenome.
source
http://economia.uol.com.br/noticias/bbc/2017/11/28/estudo-liga-origem-do-sobrenome-a-tamanho-do-salario-no-brasil.htm

not surprised because the richest man of brazil has no iberian surname
and the top 5 of richest is full of lebanese as well

Black Panther
02-19-2018, 04:23 PM
Silva, Santos, Oliveira, Souza e Pereira são os sobrenomes mais comuns de 46,8 milhões de trabalhadores do setor privado, com idade entre 23 a 60 anos, no Brasil.
Juntos, respondem por cerca de 45% dos sobrenomes que constavam, em 2013, na Relação Anual de Informações Sociais (Rais), uma base de dados socioeconômicos do Ministério do Trabalho.
Mas, se comparados aos de outras origens - em especial japonesa e germânica -, as chances de os brasileiros que carregam esses cinco sobrenomes tão comuns ganharem salários menores são grandes.

Uma pessoa com sobrenome de ancestralidade japonesa, por exemplo, recebe, em média, um salário 16,8% maior que um pessoa branca com sobrenome ibérico. Os germânicos, por sua vez, recebem 8% mais que os indivíduos bancos com sobrenomes portugueses e espanhóis.
Se for observada também a raça, verifica-se que pardos, negros e índios, refletindo a já conhecida desigualdade que persiste no país, ganham menos, independente do sobrenome.
source
http://economia.uol.com.br/noticias/bbc/2017/11/28/estudo-liga-origem-do-sobrenome-a-tamanho-do-salario-no-brasil.htm

not surprised because the richest man of brazil has no iberian surname
and the top 5 of richest is full of lebanese as well

Not surprised. Brazil elevates foreign-sounding names. It's probably a Portuguese trait.

Drusilla
02-19-2018, 04:27 PM
Not surprised. Brazil elevates foreign-sounding names. It's probably a Portuguese trait.

I'm not Portuguese, but I don't think that Anglicized names are that popular in Portugal.

Heather Duval
02-19-2018, 04:31 PM
I'm not Portuguese, but I don't think that Anglicized names are that popular in Portugal.

Oh, sis, dont bring those creatures to my thread, please. Back to this thread, i will translate that link using google tradutor

Silva, Santos, Oliveira, Souza and Pereira are the most common surnames of 46.8 million workers in the private sector, aged between 23 and 60 years, in Brazil.
Together, they account for about 45% of the surnames that appeared in 2013 in the Annual Social Information Report (Rais), a socioeconomic database of the Ministry of Labor.
But if compared to those of other origins - especially Japanese and German - the chances of Brazilians bearing these five common surnames to earn smaller wages are great.

A person with a surname of Japanese ancestry, for example, receives, on average, a salary 16.8% higher than a white person with an Iberian surname. The Germans, in turn, receive 8% more than individuals banks with Portuguese and Spanish surnames.
If the race is also observed, pardos, blacks and Indigenous, reflecting the already known inequality that persists in the country, earn less, regardless of their surname.
https://economia.uol.com.br/noticias/bbc/2017/11/28/estudo-liga-origem-do-sobrenome-a-tamanho-do-salario-no-brasil.htm

Drusilla
02-19-2018, 04:33 PM
Oh, sis, dont bring those creatures to my thread, please. Back to this thread, i will translate that link using google tradutor

Silva, Santos, Oliveira, Souza and Pereira are the most common surnames of 46.8 million workers in the private sector, aged between 23 and 60 years, in Brazil.
Together, they account for about 45% of the surnames that appeared in 2013 in the Annual Social Information Report (Rais), a socioeconomic database of the Ministry of Labor.
But if compared to those of other origins - especially Japanese and German - the chances of Brazilians bearing these five common surnames to earn smaller wages are great.

A person with a surname of Japanese ancestry, for example, receives, on average, a salary 16.8% higher than a white person with an Iberian surname. The Germans, in turn, receive 8% more than individuals banks with Portuguese and Spanish surnames.
If the race is also observed, pardos, blacks and Indigenous, reflecting the already known inequality that persists in the country, earn less, regardless of their surname.
https://economia.uol.com.br/noticias/bbc/2017/11/28/estudo-liga-origem-do-sobrenome-a-tamanho-do-salario-no-brasil.htm

45% of the surnames is a lot of people!

Heather Duval
02-19-2018, 04:38 PM
45% of the surnames is a lot of people!

A lot of pardos and blacks have those surnames.
Daiane Garcia dos Santos
http://www.esporteessencial.com.br/imgs/conteudo/daiane_dos_santos_2012_olympics-texto_418.jpg

Balmung
02-19-2018, 04:44 PM

Hebrew as well. Here in the states they're very popular. A lot of the names I thought were English turned out to be Hebrew. We've been jew'd. My name's Irish/Scottish.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
02-19-2018, 04:50 PM

It's not common at all in Portugal unless you do have Brittish or foreign ancestry. Portuguese law is very clear and strictly forbids couples to give non-inherited surnames or even non-Portuguese first names if both parents are Portuguese.

In Brazil it is the opossite, anyone can give any name to their child and that's why Brazil is known worlwide for having the most horrrible and atroucious sounding names like "Washington Silva" or "Chevrolet Da Silva Ford".

Giving non-inherited foreign names is actually a Brazilian trait, mostly among the lower class a.k.a. Favelosos or people with major African ancestry. People with inferiority complexes basically. That's why people like Ogum has a Swedish surname and likes to brag about it, his parents probably thought that it would give him some advantage in life.

Heather Duval
02-19-2018, 04:59 PM
German names are quite common in Brazil too. Emily Araújo
https://www.opopular.com.br/polopoly_fs/1.1349466.1505657338!/image/image.PNG_gen/derivatives/landscape_740/image.PNG

My city Rio de janeiro is surrounded by Emilys

Heather Duval
02-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Indigenous names like Mayara, Marielly, Nayara etc are also common in Brazil.

Heather Duval
02-19-2018, 05:05 PM

In Brazil, having an Italian or German surname is considered chic, since it is difficult to pronounce it and u cant found among low class people. Portuguese surnames are a virus, every low class got.

Black Panther
02-19-2018, 05:08 PM
In Brazil, having an Italian or German surname is considered chic, since it is difficult to pronounce it and u cant found among low class people. Portuguese surnames are a virus, every low class got.

The Portuguese were stupid colonizers. They instilled no sense of pride in having Portuguese names among colonial Brazilians. You don't see this type of name-self-hatred in countries that were colonized by Spain.

Heather Duval
02-19-2018, 05:13 PM
The Portuguese were stupid colonizers. They instilled no sense of pride in having Portuguese names among colonial Brazilians. You don't see this type of name-self-hatred in countries that were colonized by Spain.
Estudo liga origem do sobrenome a tamanho do salário no Brasil
https://s2.glbimg.com/cJqDr7TpQTq9qn8MCapz1xq1j4Q=/0x0:624x417/640x0/smart/filters:strip_icc()/i.s3.glbimg.com/v1/AUTH_59edd422c0c84a879bd37670ae4f538a/internal_photos/bs/2017/g/7/7RoKKlQgCO3dxSDfNgyQ/98964772-chart-sobrenomes4-brasil-znigd-nc.jpg
https://s2.glbimg.com/mvPUfW8LXAMRvvwya2wITq4G38c=/0x0:624x451/640x0/smart/filters:strip_icc()/i.s3.glbimg.com/v1/AUTH_59edd422c0c84a879bd37670ae4f538a/internal_photos/bs/2017/Z/n/SxUAbMQsAvgDW2YZLacw/98964776-chart-sobrenomes-remuneracao-9ps7u-nc.jpg
https://g1.globo.com/economia/noticia/estudo-liga-origem-do-sobrenome-a-tamanho-do-salario-no-brasil.ghtml

Heather Duval
02-19-2018, 05:21 PM
It's not common at all in Portugal unless you do have Brittish or foreign ancestry. Portuguese law is very clear and strictly forbids couples to give non-inherited surnames or even non-Portuguese first names if both parents are Portuguese.

In Brazil it is the opossite, anyone can give any name to their child and that's why Brazil is known worlwide for having the most horrrible and atroucious sounding names like "Washington Silva" or "Chevrolet Da Silva Ford".

Giving non-inherited foreign names is actually a Brazilian trait, mostly among the lower class a.k.a. Favelosos or people with major African ancestry. People with inferiority complexes basically. That's why people like Ogum has a Swedish surname and likes to brag about it, his parents probably thought that it would give him some advantage in life.

Your name that you chose to use in this forum is called weird souding name(not common in Brazil, northeastern loves those old weirdo names in the sertão, they fav name is Maria) and low class. In the novel Senhora do destino has a Northeastern called viriato pereira da silva, Nazaré loved to make fun of his name and surname of his family. She used to hate his mother as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ncf6b9O6A

Duda mother who was from Rio de Janeiro's elite also considered his name horrible.
But their love overcame prejudice :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OCUaEiZixE
:lol:

Bonus: Odete Roitman saying Portuguese language is ugly and even worse spoken by Middle class people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4bw8SkNOR0

amoora
02-19-2018, 05:28 PM
I like Anglo names too. A lot of Lebanese christians give their kids Anglo or French names. My sister's name is Anglo but mine's Arabic.

Heather Duval
02-19-2018, 05:29 PM
I like Anglo names too. A lot of Lebanese christians give their kids Anglo or French names. My sister's name is Anglo but mine's Arabic.

Nice. People put names on their children they think are cute.

Black Panther
02-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Estudo liga origem do sobrenome a tamanho do salário no Brasil
https://s2.glbimg.com/cJqDr7TpQTq9qn8MCapz1xq1j4Q=/0x0:624x417/640x0/smart/filters:strip_icc()/i.s3.glbimg.com/v1/AUTH_59edd422c0c84a879bd37670ae4f538a/internal_photos/bs/2017/g/7/7RoKKlQgCO3dxSDfNgyQ/98964772-chart-sobrenomes4-brasil-znigd-nc.jpg
https://s2.glbimg.com/mvPUfW8LXAMRvvwya2wITq4G38c=/0x0:624x451/640x0/smart/filters:strip_icc()/i.s3.glbimg.com/v1/AUTH_59edd422c0c84a879bd37670ae4f538a/internal_photos/bs/2017/Z/n/SxUAbMQsAvgDW2YZLacw/98964776-chart-sobrenomes-remuneracao-9ps7u-nc.jpg
https://g1.globo.com/economia/noticia/estudo-liga-origem-do-sobrenome-a-tamanho-do-salario-no-brasil.ghtml

Nenhuma surpresa. Brancos de nome ibérico são os mais pobres entre os euro-descendentes no Brasil. Você nunca vai ver suecos com nome sueco ganharem menos que outros euros na Suécia. Assim as coisas seriam no Brasil se os suecos tivessem colonizado o país. Seria um povo orgulhoso de seus nomes coloniais. Mas a História infelizmente não foi tão boa com o Brasil.

Latinus
02-19-2018, 10:43 PM

No, you can find low class people with Italian and German surnames. The reason you find more Portuguese surnames among low class people is because the dominant Euro element in Brazil derives from Portugal and most of these people have Portuguese colonial ancestry.

I could say the same about English surnames (which you love by the way). In the US, low class people tend to have English surnames.

Bobby Martnen
02-19-2018, 10:44 PM
My name is Roberto a Spanish version of Robert, or Rob, where an Old English cognate form (Hrēodbēorht, Hrodberht, Hrēodbēorð, Hrœdbœrð, Hrœdberð) had existed before the Norman Conquest.

OMG my name is Robert!!!

But everyone just calls me Bobby lol

Latinus
02-19-2018, 10:48 PM

True. You know what's funny? Rich people here tend to have normal Iberian names. Anglicized names are more of a black/pardo phenomenon.

Black Panther
02-19-2018, 10:49 PM
OMG my name is Robert!!!

But everyone just calls me Bobby lol

My name is Robert too, but no one calls me Bobby.

Bobby Martnen
02-19-2018, 10:51 PM
My name is Robert too, but no one calls me Bobby.

Is Bobby not a nickname for Robert in Sweden?

Black Panther
02-19-2018, 11:01 PM

Nope. I think it's an Anglo thing.

brennus dux gallorum
02-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Tiffany, Ashley, Charlotte

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 01:13 AM
True. You know what's funny? Rich people here tend to have normal Iberian names. Anglicized names are more of a black/pardo phenomenon.

youre prob a silva lol
anyway u can found even indigenous name in brazil such as mayara
rayana etc that most youngs does have
there are greeks
and italians too like andrea(but in brazil is use for girls)
emilly(german name) is also common here
people in general tend to give their kids names they can pronounce perfectly
imsgine a nordestino saying beyoncé? thats why maria is common there not taylor
brazilians dont pronounce beyonce in a correct way btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYLaVPyOqGk

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 01:17 AM

Roobertchay Domingues da Rocha Filho
Brazilian actor
http://www.redetiradentes.com.br/ronaldotiradentes/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/chYYYY.jpg

:lol:

Latinus
02-20-2018, 01:21 AM
youre prob a silva lol
anyway u can found even indigenous name in brazil such as mayara
rayana etc that most youngs does have
there are greeks
and italians too like andrea(but in brazil is use for girls)
emilly(german name) is also common here
people in general tend to give their kids names they can pronounce perfectly
imsgine a nordestino saying beyoncé? thats why maria is common there not taylor
brazilians dont pronounce beyonce in a correct way btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYLaVPyOqGk

I don't have Silva in my name, but my grandpa from mom's side had. So what? I don't give a damn about it. I'm white, good looking and that's all that matters.

Better to have Luso surnames and looking like this:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pXo99HV5y7c/maxresdefault.jpg

Than having Germanic surname and looking like this, lol:
https://revistatrip.uol.com.br/_lib/common/img.php?c=1282858421jonathan-haagensen.jpg

By the way, my first name is Igor. It's origin:

Igor (Russian: Игорь, translit. Igor' [ˈiɡərʲ]; Ukrainian: Ігор, translit. Ihor [ˈiɦɔr]; Belarusian: Ігар, translit. Ihar [ˈiɣar]) is a common given Slavic name derived from the Norse name Ingvar, that was brought to ancient Rus' by the Norse Varangians, in the form Ingvar or Yngvar. Igor (son of the Varangian chief Rurik) was left as a child with Rurik's distant relative (supposedly) first Grand Prince of Kiev - Oleg and later, after the death of Oleg replaced him on Kiev's throne.

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 01:29 AM
I don't have Silva in my name, but my grandpa from mom's side had. So what? I don't give a damn about it. I'm white, good looking and that's all that matters.

Better to have Luso surnames and looking like this:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pXo99HV5y7c/maxresdefault.jpg

Than having Germanic surname and looking like this, lol:
https://revistatrip.uol.com.br/_lib/common/img.php?c=1282858421jonathan-haagensen.jpg

By the way, my first name is Igor. It's origin:

yesh igor isnt iberian but thats not hard to pronounce in portuguese
german surnames has biggest salary in brazil
not surprised richest guy here isnt iberian and neither the top 5

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 01:36 AM
No, you can find low class people with Italian and German surnames. The reason you find more Portuguese surnames among low class people is because the dominant Euro element in Brazil derives from Portugal and most of these people have Portuguese colonial ancestry.

I could say the same about English surnames (which you love by the way). In the US, low class people tend to have English surnames.

isnt about portuguese surnames lol
its about surnames like silva
santos etc
rich iberians here often have surnames like magalhaes
lima etc these "rares" as well bittencourt

Latinus
02-20-2018, 01:45 AM
yesh igor isnt iberian but thats not hard to pronounce in portuguese
german surnames has biggest salary in brazil
not surprised richest guy here isnt iberian and neither the top 5

No surprise. Germans have a great work ethic. I even wished for my great-grandfather from mom's side to have German ancestry because he was born in Rio Grande do Sul. I was disapointed when my grandma said his full name and were all Luso and one Roman (Italian). I think the Japanese would be higher (regarding their salaries) in that graphic if they were more numerous here.

German-Brazilians also have the higher proportion of women with pink nipples and p....

That is another advantage for them.

Latinus
02-20-2018, 01:46 AM
isnt about portuguese surnames lol
its about surnames like silva
santos etc
rich iberians here often have surnames like magalhaes
lima etc these "rares" as well bittencourt

Silva is the most common surname in Portugal. The average Portuguese has a better standard of living than the average Brazilian.

Many rich Iberians (including celebrities) also have common Luso surnames.

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 01:47 AM
greek names are common here ive saw many stephany
Sthefany Brito
https://www.otvfoco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Sthefany-Brito.jpg

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 01:53 AM
Silva is the most common surname in Portugal. The average Portuguese has a better standard of living than the average Brazilian.

Many rich Iberians (including celebrities) also have common Luso surnames.

maybe
but in brazil silvas arent rich
also i had s class mate with german surname and our teacher asked him many times how to pronounce that and people found cool and different
brazilians cant pronounce nsmes not iberian/indigenous/italian/greek sounding
u prob saw many indigenous name like mayara rayana marielly taina etc its common here
my grandmother was called maria something
her parents would name her with a thing they couldnt even pronounce

Nordic Thunder
02-20-2018, 01:55 AM
How about Jeff Johnson? Not anglo enough?

Latinus
02-20-2018, 01:56 AM
greek names are common here ive saw many stephany
Sthefany Brito
https://www.otvfoco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Sthefany-Brito.jpg

And her mom's name, Sandra, is common in Portugal and Brazil, but has a Greek origin.
http://s2.glbimg.com/Gz379zt_jm4J8pwBiyxNUTCpNmJRpKiEes2d2N0OiRW6XdRLdg 19ow8bA3yy7YWc/s.glbimg.com/et/pr/f/original/2013/05/10/sthefany3.jpg

Latinus
02-20-2018, 01:59 AM
maybe
but in brazil silvas arent rich
also i had s class mate with german surname and our teacher asked him many times how to pronounce that and people found cool and different
brazilians cant pronounce nsmes not iberian/indigenous/italian/greek sounding
u prob saw many indigenous name like mayara rayana marielly taina etc its common here
my grandmother was called maria something
her parents would name her with a thing they couldnt even pronounce

There are rich Silvas in Brazil. It's because rich people are a minority and Silva is a common surname.

They can't pronounce because it's Germanic, not Latin souding. Anglos would be the opposite.

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 02:04 AM
kelly is an anglo name very common in brazil
lol
i remember that singer kelly key
at least her key is a good name stage to fit with her name cause her full name is terribleee with an anglo name
Kelly de Almeida Afonso Freitas :lol:
https://www.areavip.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/kelly-key6.jpg
kelly name becomes popular after grace kelly popularity

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 02:16 AM
nicole is also common name here that are popular in anglo countries
people would guess nicole bahls is from usa cause bahls is germanic and many girls in usa are named nicole
http://mdpop.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nicole-bahls-770x397.jpg

Latinus
02-20-2018, 02:31 AM
nicole is also common name here that are popular in anglo countries
people would guess nicole bahls is from usa cause bahls is germanic and many girls in usa are named nicole
http://mdpop.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nicole-bahls-770x397.jpg

I don't like Panicats. Barbara Evans has a Welsh surname. Her first name is also common in the US.
http://www.joaoalberto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/02/Barbara-Evans-playboy.jpg

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 02:48 AM
I don't like Panicats. Barbara Evans has a Welsh surname. Her first name is also common in the US.
http://www.joaoalberto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/02/Barbara-Evans-playboy.jpg

evans is her mother ex american boyfriend surname
her mother had a fetish or something she only dated gringos now shes dating a tri racial gurl
but barbara real father has german surname btw
idk if kelly key is called kelly because of grace kelly or something
her case is curious cause her father is portuguese
immigrant
even tho kelly being an anglo name popular in brazil i bet her father would like to call her joão maria

Heather Duval
02-20-2018, 01:45 PM
Chay has the ugliest "anglo" Brazilian name

Roobertchay Domingues da Rocha Filho
https://abrilcapricho.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/chay-suede63048.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=info

A mix of Robert and chay lol people here cant even pronounce that thing

Black Panther
02-20-2018, 08:12 PM
You are more likely to succeed in Brazil with a foreign name. No wonder a lot of, if not most actors and business people have non-Portuguese names in Brazil. The Portuguese brought their national low self-esteem to Brazil.