PDA

View Full Version : why owning A dog as a pet is haram?

crazyladybutterfly
09-13-2017, 02:26 PM

nothing sweeter than a dog who trusts you so much that he wants to sleep next to you

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67482&d=1505312746

Kamal900
09-13-2017, 02:29 PM
It's not 7aram to own one, but it's very preferable to keep the dog outside the house. The reason for this is because the dog's tongue is dirty or "Nejess" in Arabic. Cats are 100% allowed in Islam because they're more cleaner than dogs. Personally, I love dogs more than cats, and I'd like to have one.

al-Bosni
09-13-2017, 02:33 PM
You ask questions that you already know the answer to. I wonder what the true purpose of this thread is.

crazyladybutterfly
09-13-2017, 02:33 PM
It's not 7aram to own one, but it's very preferable to keep the dog outside the house. The reason for this is because the dog's tongue is dirty or "Nejess" in Arabic. Cats are 100% allowed in Islam because they're more cleaner than dogs. Personally, I love dogs more than cats, and I'd like to have one.

it is according to some muslims , like you can only own them for work and not in inhabitated areas

crazyladybutterfly
09-13-2017, 02:34 PM
You ask questions that you already know the answer to. I wonder what the true purpose of this thread is.

give me a logic explaination :cool:

Kamal900
09-13-2017, 02:35 PM
it is according to some muslims , like you can only own them for work and not in inhabitated areas

It all depends on which Islamic school you're talking to.

al-Bosni
09-13-2017, 02:36 PM
I honestly like dogs, but they eat their own poo. I saw it with my own two eyes.

crazyladybutterfly
09-13-2017, 02:38 PM
I honestly like dogs, but they eat their own poo. I saw it with my own two eyes.

normally they dont , some puppies have this instict though
mine did until the age of 5/6 months i think

Kazimiera
09-13-2017, 03:47 PM
I'm not a dog person at all. My mom is and her house smells of dog. Everything is geared towards dogs. Blankets all over the floor. The one dog is very old, so it pees in the house. It's not the dog's fault because I'll probably also lose control of my bladder when I'm that old but it's horrible. The two mutts are sweet but I prefer to admire them from a distance.

What I like about cats is that they don't have this overpowering smell that dogs have. And they are more independent. They do their own thing. My one gets very sticky sometimes but not nearly as emotionally dependent as a dog.

crazyladybutterfly
09-13-2017, 03:53 PM
I'm not a dog person at all. My mom is and her house smells of dog. Everything is geared towards dogs. Blankets all over the floor. The one dog is very old, so it pees in the house. It's not the dog's fault because I'll probably also lose control of my bladder when I'm that old but it's horrible. The two mutts are sweet but I prefer to admire them from a distance.

What I like about cats is that they don't have this overpowering smell that dogs have. And they are more independent. They do their own thing. My one gets very sticky sometimes but not nearly as emotionally dependent as a dog.

i had a cat too for some time , a person lived in my house and brought with her her cat, cat piss smells worse in my opinion but i assume they re easier to train
many dogs also piss all around when they re left alone or they keep pissng around after puberty to mark the territory

Oneeye
09-13-2017, 03:54 PM

Some houses with cats do smell. Perhaps it is easier to upkeep after them to prevent that, but cat pee in carpets smells awful.

Mens-Sarda
09-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Some houses with cats do smell. Perhaps it is easier to upkeep after them to prevent that, but cat pee in carpets smells awful.

Cats don't piss around if you supply them a box with cat litter, and keep it clean, their predatory instinct says them to hide their wastes, so that they don't leave around their smell, with a litter, they 100% of times will dig a deep hole and cover it when they have finished.

Harley
09-13-2017, 07:22 PM
I think dogs require more upkeep generally. I have owned both dogs and cats, and cats don't require much except that you keep their litter clean, or the smell of their piss and whatnot will overpower the house. Female cats don't have pungent smell to them.

Hamsters stink like crap though. I hate hamsters.

Lucia
09-13-2017, 07:28 PM
I have a female cavalier king charles spaniel and it's more like a cat than a dog. Very well behaved. :)

Annie999
09-13-2017, 07:35 PM

You're speaking of islam and you want logic?

Arduti
09-13-2017, 08:03 PM
It's not haram.

It's more of a nuisance. Contact with dogs makes one ritually impure, requiring a full ghusl instead of just wudu before the next prayer.

al-Bosni
09-13-2017, 08:11 PM
It's not haram.

It's more of a nuisance. Contact with dogs makes one ritually impure, requiring a full ghusl instead of just wudu before the next prayer.
You don't need full ghusl. You just have to wash the place the dog licked 7 times, the first time with soil.

Óttar
09-13-2017, 08:14 PM
It all depends on which Islamic school you're talking to.
Some sufis made it a point to befriend and feed dogs.

Oneeye
09-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Cats don't piss around if you supply them a box with cat litter, and keep it clean, their predatory instinct says them to hide their wastes, so that they don't leave around their smell, with a litter, they 100% of times will dig a deep hole and cover it when they have finished.

Lol. Naturally tomcats will spray. And many with health issues also spray.

Kazimiera
09-14-2017, 03:33 PM
My two are females. The worst thing about cats is the smell of pee, but mine go do their thing outside in the garden. I don't have carpets in my house, so any accidents (which are very rare) are on a tiled floor.

Dema
09-14-2017, 03:34 PM
Greeks, Serbs and Vulgars served Ottomans as dogs, does that count?

Kazimiera
09-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Greeks, Serbs and Vulgars served Ottomans as dogs, does that count?

Don't derail the thread.

Dema
09-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Don't derail the thread.

actually i found your post very good, but i didnt want to give any replies in that direction but since you mentioned it..

There is many truth in it! dogs are just not for house... too much smell, hairs, and its just a general mess. Also not to mention its a living being that needs attention all the time and not some toy you can leave there...

I had a middle puddle, she was fully white, they are anti-allergic , therefore they dont leave hairs and stuff around but still...

Its hard for me to even look after my flowers and plants, thats why i switched to all regular house plants and cactus like plants because they dont need to be watered so often and i can barely manage that sometimes..

Plants are generally better then animals, they dont shit around, they drink just as much as they need, they grow lovely, they are quiet and peaceful and generally much more acceptable to me as a house companion...

BTW all i said has nothing with my Islamic religion, its just how its is, how i think as a human.....

Gangrel
09-14-2017, 03:45 PM
I like Dogs more but they smell.

Antimage
09-14-2017, 03:46 PM
[ATTACH.ATTACH]

nothing sweeter than a dog who trusts you so much that he wants to sleep next to you

[IMG.[/IMG]
human better...

Lucia
09-14-2017, 04:09 PM
I like Dogs more but they smell.

They don't smell if you bathe and groom them.

Kazimiera
09-14-2017, 04:13 PM

Yes, they do. They can be shampooed and groomed but they still have that underlying dog smell. It might not be over-powering but it is still there. You can't expect a dog not to smell of dog.

Gangrel
09-14-2017, 04:15 PM

I'm not talking about those little rat dogs, I'm talking about real dogs. They will always have a smell regardless of how much you wash and groom them.

Lucia
09-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Yes, they do. They can be shampooed and groomed but they still have that underlying dog smell. It might not be over-powering but it is still there. You can't expect a dog not to smell of dog.

Well, true, my dog smells when she's wet. However, I really don't smell anything when she dries. Only time was when she had an ear infection, her ear smelled. :shrug:

Lucia
09-14-2017, 04:20 PM
I'm not talking about those little rat dogs, I'm talking about real dogs. They will always have a smell regardless of how much you wash and groom them.

Okay, fair enough. Big dogs might smell.

Kazimiera
09-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Well, true, my dog smells when she's wet. However, I really don't smell anything when she dries. Only time was when she had an ear infection, her ear smelled. :shrug:

If you have them around you all the time you probably don't smell it anymore, especially if she is your dog. You're accustomed to her smell. My mom says she can't smell her dogs, but the house reeks of them.

Lucia
09-14-2017, 04:24 PM
If you have them around you all the time you probably don't smell it anymore, especially if she is your dog. You're accustomed to her smell. My mom says she can't smell her dogs, but the house reeks of them.

LOL
Possibly

Dema
09-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Do you guys know how it smells when you go in Zoo? Thats how your house smells, just many of these animal owners dont get it and they have used to it...

Wadaad
09-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Man, I hate dogs...they sense it, and they avoid me.

They dont even make eye contact, they feel the tension when I pass by.

Wadaad
09-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Well, true, my dog smells when she's wet. However.. :shrug:

smells like what? ;)

Gangrel
09-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Man, I hate dogs...they sense it, and they avoid me.

They dont even make eye contact, they feel the tension when I pass by.

its probably because your black

Lucia
09-14-2017, 05:07 PM
smells like what? ;)

Like a wet dog

Kazimiera
09-14-2017, 07:05 PM
smells like what? ;)

Wet dog smells of wet dog. There is nothing else like it. This smell is to be avoided like the plague.

About a year ago two of my neighbour's mutts attacked another little dog. I managed to stop the fight and scooped up the little one because he was bleeding. I carried him to my house in my arms and the smell of dog assaulted my nose. The poor little thing was completely traumatised and I felt so sorry for him, I just wanted to cuddle him to make him better but I couldn't bring myself to hold him too close to because the dog smell was overpowering. I feel so bad about it. He died from his injuries later that day.

I don't understand how vets can do their job. I can't imagine being surrounded by the smell of dogs all day, every day.

crazyladybutterfly
09-14-2017, 07:09 PM
i kinda of like my dog smell

Wadaad
09-14-2017, 07:38 PM
"Wet dog" smells very familiar to me...because that is the default smell of the White man.

Cigarettes + Bologna + Wet dog.

Lucia
09-14-2017, 07:40 PM
"Wet dog" smells very familiar to me...because that is the default smell of the White man.

Cigarettes + Bologna + Wet dog.

Woah, you sound very experienced in smelling white men :p

Wadaad
09-14-2017, 07:43 PM
Woah, you sound very experienced in smelling white men :p

To make it East European add a dash of Vodka, and voila

Dandelion
09-14-2017, 07:52 PM

Dogs have more personality than cats in my experience. I like cats of course, but one thing about them is that they behave very predictably, mostly behave the same on certain impulses. It as if they're an autistic species. :p Dogs on the otherhand behave differently according to their mood.

Kazimiera
09-14-2017, 07:55 PM

You mentioned this before once, that white people smell of wet dog. I went about trying to find out if this really is the case from my non-white colleagues. I didn't ask them directly, but I threw it in during a conversation, that white people sometimes smell like wet dog. And they all giggled. In response to the giggling I said, "Well, isn't it so?" Nobody said yes, but nobody said no either.

I still can't believe that I smell of wet dog. I've deliberately sniffed myself and my colleagues since we spoke about it for the first time and I cannot detect a wet dog odour. I think you also mentioned cooked cabbage....

Dandelion
09-14-2017, 07:56 PM
i kinda of like my dog smell

Even if dogs have their smell (preferably you bathe your dog once every two weeks). Their loyalty and affection makes up for it.

Pigs probably smell worse, but they're also kept as pets by some. Pigs are less servile than dogs, but just as intelligent. They see you as their equal whereas a dog needs a leader.

Lucia
09-14-2017, 07:58 PM
You mentioned this before once, that white people smell of wet dog. I went about trying to find out if this really is the case from my non-white colleagues. I didn't ask them directly, but I threw it in during a conversation, that white people sometimes smell like wet dog. And they all giggled. In response to the giggling I said, "Well, isn't it so?" Nobody said yes, but nobody said no either - which speaks volumes.

I still can't believe that I smell of wet dog. I've deliberately sniffed my colleagues since we spoke about it for the first time and I cannot detect a wet dog odour. I think you also mentioned cooked cabbage....

What the hell.
I thought he was joking.

Dandelion
09-14-2017, 07:58 PM
You mentioned this before once, that white people smell of wet dog. I went about trying to find out if this really is the case from my non-white colleagues. I didn't ask them directly, but I threw it in during a conversation, that white people sometimes smell like wet dog. And they all giggled. In response to the giggling I said, "Well, isn't it so?" Nobody said yes, but nobody said no either.

I still can't believe that I smell of wet dog. I've deliberately sniffed myself and my colleagues since we spoke about it for the first time and I cannot detect a wet dog odour. I think you also mentioned cooked cabbage....

Just like with a dog, if a white person is likeable the non-white puts up with our smell. ;)

Antimage
09-14-2017, 07:59 PM
What the hell.
I thought he was joking.

it is a widespread stereotype, just google "white people smell like wet dogs".

Dandelion
09-14-2017, 08:06 PM

Well, we don't smell ourselves. I'm sure non-whites do notice it more than we do without irony.

Wadaad
09-14-2017, 08:12 PM

What a coincidence...so Im not the only one to make this observation? More credence to it.

woof woof

Kazimiera
09-14-2017, 08:17 PM
What a coincidence...so Im not the only one to make this observation? More credence to it.

woof woof

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53b1eedce4b0ea2f4d03027b/56327e4ae4b0bb2437c39f3f/56327e76e4b029aeaa7c26ca/1446149751254/100_WetDog+copy.jpg

Antimage
09-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Well, we don't smell ourselves. I'm sure non-whites do notice it more than we do without irony.

I do smell myself and when I sweat (and don't use deodorant) my armpit just smell... sweaty. I don't know about this wet dog smell.

Wadaad
09-14-2017, 08:20 PM
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53b1eedce4b0ea2f4d03027b/56327e4ae4b0bb2437c39f3f/56327e76e4b029aeaa7c26ca/1446149751254/100_WetDog+copy.jpg

blindfold me and I'm like "yo is Tyler in the room? how u been brah?"

Mens-Sarda
09-15-2017, 07:18 AM
Dogs have more personality than cats in my experience. I like cats of course, but one thing about them is that they behave very predictably, mostly behave the same on certain impulses. It as if they're an autistic species. :p Dogs on the otherhand behave differently according to their mood.

Dogs too can be very predictable and sometimes very dumb, cats are more instinctive but if you are used to them you can see that everyone has its own different personality.

off topic : best dog scene ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSHT8GnIxnQ

crazyladybutterfly
09-15-2017, 07:20 AM
Dogs too can be very predictable and sometimes very dumb, cats are more instinctive but if you are used to them you can see that everyone has its own different personality.

off topic : best dog scene ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSHT8GnIxnQ

it looks like you havent interacted with many dogs , they do have a personality and intellignce
mine even answers to questions like do you want to eat? do you want to play etc

crazyladybutterfly
09-15-2017, 07:23 AM
Even if dogs have their smell (preferably you bathe your dog once every two weeks). Their loyalty and affection makes up for it.

Pigs probably smell worse, but they're also kept as pets by some. Pigs are less servile than dogs, but just as intelligent. They see you as their equal whereas a dog needs a leader.

my dog is his own leader lol

Dandelion
09-15-2017, 10:10 AM
my dog is his own leader lol

It's a terrier. They tend to be more stubborn.

Bosniensis
09-15-2017, 10:14 AM

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67482&d=1505312746

It's not.

However, keeping the dog inside the house IS.

We can keep Cats in houses but not dogs, for they are not clean (most of them).

I had few dogs, but I kept them in the yard, they had their own house.

Laberia
09-15-2017, 10:27 AM
I have a dog and a cat. And i keep both inside my home. They are good friends. It's funny to see when they start to play. But the best part is when one of them is not interested to play and the other insist to play. The dog is tolerant.

Bosniensis
09-15-2017, 10:55 AM
I have a dog and a cat. And i keep both inside my home. They are good friends. It's funny to see when they start to play. But the best part is when one of them is not interested to play and the other insist to play. The dog is tolerant.

I've heard that dogs are considered food par excellence in Albania? Is that truth? Or just an ordinary meal....

Mens-Sarda
09-15-2017, 11:05 AM
it looks like you havent interacted with many dogs , they do have a personality and intellignce
mine even answers to questions like do you want to eat? do you want to play etc

I grew up surrounded by dogs, all my friends had dogs in their gardens, I know well their behaviour, as well as cats behaviours. Both of them are very intelligent but in a different way, dog is more inclined to be commanded by his owner, it's the pack mentality, since dog is a social animal, while cat in nature is a lonely predator, similar to leopard under this aspect, he's not inclined to hierarchy and to be commanded, sometimes they tolerate other cats, and they adapt to live in colonies, but their instinct is that of a solitary animal.

Laberia
09-15-2017, 11:06 AM
I've heard that dogs are considered food par excellence in Albania? Is that truth? Or just an ordinary meal....

No, we don't eat dogs here. This is a stupid tentative for trolling. What we know is that you south slavs gave to entire world an horrible spectacle of cannibalism.

EDIT
Sorry, i said slavs? My fault, i forgot, Romans.

Bosniensis
09-15-2017, 11:15 AM
No, we don't eat dogs here. This is a stupid tentative for trolling. What we know is that you south slavs gave to entire world an horrible spectacle of cannibalism.

EDIT
Sorry, i said slavs? My fault, i forgot, Romans.

No need for sorry, I forgive you.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

crazyladybutterfly
09-15-2017, 02:43 PM
It's not.

However, keeping the dog inside the house IS.

We can keep Cats in houses but not dogs, for they are not clean (most of them).

I had few dogs, but I kept them in the yard, they had their own house.

doesnt it get cold in bosnia?

Azerimen
01-29-2020, 02:27 PM
All pets in house are HARAM in ISLAM

Celestia
01-29-2020, 02:31 PM
Dogs really are angels among us.
Cats are the devil.
I love them both <3

Viçwāmitra
02-18-2020, 07:46 PM
Interestingly Its opposite in Hinduism, Dogs are liked and even worshipped by People of Nepal.

Some gods even use them as vehicles as well. According to Hindu Shastras I am advised to keep a Dog to remove obstacles to success and keep those who wants to harm me away.

zimt
07-23-2020, 03:39 AM
In the past, I've considered converting to Islam for reasons of finding a mate (I know, I know), and this was one of the things that prevented me from doing it. I love my dog very much and I will never live a day where I don't have a dog by my side. It should be cats that are considered haram. One of the reasons is that dogs are supposedly unclean, but dogs are much easier to keep clean, you just have to train them and put some effort in. Big dogs also make wonderful protectors of children and homes. The form of Sunni Islam practiced in parts of Africa does allow dogs as pets. Some other forms allow dogs as pets if they are only outside. I couldn't have a strictly outdoors dog, they need a little love and affection to make their lives happy, and they do love sleeping by their master. My dog has tried to attack people for trying to wake me up, and she's usually sweet as pie. An indoor dog is a great addition to a family, and this was one of my biggest issues with converting (after some of the bizarre teachings about women, angels, and the afterlife).

PaleoEuropean
07-23-2020, 03:52 AM
Dogs really are angels among us.
Cats are the devil.
I love them both <3

Cats are lovable little bastards. I wish mine would stop killing humingbirds though.

Dr.Bek
07-24-2020, 06:35 PM
Allah made dogs haram cause he knows most of us will be interested in them more than cats. Its a test, whatever we like Allah Forbids it like pork for instance.

El_Abominacion
07-24-2020, 08:43 PM
Cats are lovable little bastards. I wish mine would stop killing humingbirds though.

Mine keeps bringing half eaten mice and birds she's caught into the house, then leaving them there

PaleoEuropean
07-24-2020, 08:50 PM
Mine keeps bringing half eaten mice and birds she's caught into the house, then leaving them there

mine likes to throw them up in the air and slam them very hard into the ground xD. I know he has something when I hear thuds.

frankhammer
07-24-2020, 09:00 PM

Mine brings the birds in to share. I give him a petting then he proceeds to eat them where he stands. Usually there are a few feathers, a beak and the claws left. He especially loves the little waxeyes. The mice he kills and I bury in the compost.