PDA

View Full Version : Blood Type Diet

Brynhild
12-18-2010, 11:35 PM
I was having a conversation with friends yesterday about my latest iron levels, and the subject of eating the right foods for your blood group came up.

My blood type is B+ and according to this Site (http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/article/Blood_Type_Diet) I should consume and avoid these foods:

Blood type B is the nomad and is associated with a strong immune system and a flexible digestive system. Type B people are balanced omnivores and can eat meat (but not chicken), dairy, grains, beans, legumes, vegetables, and fruit. To lose weight, they should not eat corn, lentils, peanuts, sesame seeds, buckwheat, and wheat. For weight loss, eat greens, eggs, venison, liver, licorice, and tea.

Hmm, I find most meats heavier to digest and that makes it difficult to maintain my iron levels. I'm also unable to drink full cream milk. I can, however, eat cheese and yoghurt :thumbs up. Fruit and veg, even better.

Another Link (http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/bloodType/index.html) I found is more specific.

So what can you eat, according to your blood type?

Bloodeagle
12-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I too am B+. :) The Nomad! The blood type B has the most varied food selection of all the blood types.
I tried the blood type diet about 12 years ago. I had great results following the diet.
The avoidance of wheat products and certain legumes had a positive effect on my energy levels and weight loss.
There where a few foods that I had a hard time avoiding like chicken and pork.
I was never very certain if the diet had such positive affects on me because it was a well rounded diet or that there was some special blood type needs being met.

Sally
12-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Another B positive here! I was recently diagnosed with Coeliac disease after becoming very ill. So, I have to avoid wheat, rye and barley for the rest of my life.

Blood type B is the nomad and is associated with a strong immune system and a flexible digestive system. Type B people are balanced omnivores and can eat meat (but not chicken), dairy, grains, beans, legumes, vegetables, and fruit. To lose weight, they should not eat corn, lentils, peanuts, sesame seeds, buckwheat, and wheat. For weight loss, eat greens, eggs, venison, liver, licorice, and tea.

I don't particularly care for meat, so venison and liver are out. However, I do like chicken (which the diet described above cautions against), but I only eat it every few weeks.

Albion
12-23-2010, 08:09 PM
O RH Positive.

The O Blood type diet describes what I've already read about eating in relation to my body type, so in my case its accurate. Yay, hunter diet for me!!! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet#Description) :D

mymy
02-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Interesting thing. I'm A+, vegetarian type. Haha, but will be hard to be vegetarian in Serbia!

Lábaru
02-12-2011, 02:01 AM
0 RH Positive. My family are all 0, half negative and half positive.

Blood type O is the hunter and is the earliest human blood group

Now I know why I love the giant veal steaks

mymy
02-12-2011, 02:19 AM
I'm only A till now... :D

In my family A and O, me and dad A, mom and sister O.

Grey
02-12-2011, 11:56 PM
How reliable is a blood-type diet? It seems strange that very different people with a given blood type (i.e. a European and an African with type O) would require the same diet. I'm not saying it's wrong; I just wonder at the accuracy of such a notion.

Absinthe
02-13-2011, 09:12 PM
I am A+ and interestingly enough I have always been naturally inclined towards a (mostly) vegeterian diet. ;)

Piparskeggr
02-13-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm O+, have always enjoyed a lot of red meats and not much herbiage.

I went on the American Heart Association recommended "Heart Healthy" diet back in the late 80's...gained 30# and my cholesterol went up 100 points.

Went back to my British Imperial Army Diet of beef, beans, bread and beer...lost the weight, cholesterol went back to normal.

Pallantides
02-13-2011, 10:28 PM
These diets seem like a lot of bogus, Saami, some Northern Amerindians and Inuits have very high frequency of Bloodtype A and they are traditionally nomads and hunter & gatherers, not farmers or vegetarians.

A
http://www.siriuslysirian.com/a_sirius_images/map_of_A_blood_allele.gif

B
http://www.siriuslysirian.com/a_sirius_images/map_of_B_blood_in_the_world.gif

O
http://www.siriuslysirian.com/a_sirius_images/map_of_O_blood_in_the_world.gif

I'm Bloodtype A myself.

Bloodeagle
02-13-2011, 10:42 PM
These diets seem like a lot of bogus, Saami, some Northern Amerindians and Inuits have very high frequency of Bloodtype A and they are traditionally nomads and hunter & gatherers, not farmers or vegetarians.

I would also like to add that the traditional Inuit diet is mostly animal based, supplemented with some berry picking in the fall. So according to the blood type diet, these blood type A Eskimo's would have never thrived and reproduced enough to have contributed such a large percentage of individuals to the group.

Aramis
02-13-2011, 10:46 PM
I am A+, but will bravely continue to eat meat untill my last breath.

Vyacheslav
01-03-2017, 08:49 AM
:)

Vyacheslav
01-03-2017, 09:11 AM
In general, it is strange to relate blood and food, such as ancient hunters and! Gatherers ate including vegetarian food, it is considered that the second group of blood vegetarian, but someone then distributed the cattle, are not nomads?) And more fruits and vegetables received a large spreading recently, when they were brought from Asia and America.

Harley
03-31-2019, 11:07 AM
Hm, I have heard of this before. I’m O+. I was checking out one site to see what’s recommended for O+ people, and while I already eat a lot of what’s recommended, I also eat some of what’s not recommended, like salmon, catfish, green peas, lentils, peanuts, pb, oranges, and strawberries.

I think I would like to try to do without these specific foods I listed for a week and monitor how my body responds.

Defiance
03-31-2019, 11:50 AM
https://youtu.be/DWgVBN5FuAw

I'm O+, have always enjoyed a lot of red meats and not much herbiage.

I went on the American Heart Association recommended "Heart Healthy" diet back in the late 80's...gained 30# and my cholesterol went up 100 points.

Went back to my British Imperial Army Diet of beef, beans, bread and beer...lost the weight, cholesterol went back to normal.
This make literally no sense whatsoever. You lost weight and lowered your cholesterol on a high-fat AND high-carb diet, drinking beer?

Hm, I have heard of this before. I’m O+. I was checking out one site to see what’s recommended for O+ people, and while I already eat a lot of what’s recommended, I also eat some of what’s not recommended, like salmon, catfish, green peas, lentils, peanuts, pb, oranges, and strawberries.

I think I would like to try to do without these specific foods I listed for a week and monitor how my body responds.
Dude, I'm pretty sure that peas, lentils and oranges AREN'T keto. Too many carbs, right?

Harley
03-31-2019, 12:04 PM
Dude, I'm pretty sure that peas, lentils and oranges AREN'T keto. Too many carbs, right?

Peas are carb heavy, but lentils are not as bad( which is almost self evident if you think about their size and how different they are in density, as compared to peas or other beans) and are allowed. Same with oranges, even apples. I can have some, but not a large amount. This would be the same for a diabetic diet, as the natural sugar in fruits can be hard on glucose levels.

El_Abominacion
03-31-2019, 12:05 PM
I am O+ and a regular blood donor. My diet lacks food rich in Iron, or any nutrition in general to be honest but i've never failed the Iron test I have to take before donation

Defiance
03-31-2019, 12:10 PM
Peas are carb heavy, but lentils are not as bad( which is almost self evident if you think about their size and how different they are in density, as compared to peas or other beans) and are allowed. Same with oranges, even apples. I can have some, but not a large amount. This would be the same for a diabetic diet, as the natural sugar in fruits can be hard on glucose levels.
Then it would seem that keto is not as carbophobic as I once thought. Confusing.

Where does the bulk of your fat intake come from?

Harley
03-31-2019, 12:28 PM
Then it would seem that keto is not as carbophobic as I once thought. Confusing.

Where does the bulk of your fat intake come from?

Cooking with and consuming a large amount of olive oil via homemade salad dressings and homemade mayo. I also eat boiled eggs regularly. There are some times I am not meeting my fat quota, and I will eat a “fat bomb”. This usually curbs hunger. Adding some kind of fat to cooking definitely does the trick.

Defiance
03-31-2019, 12:30 PM
Cooking with and consuming a large amount of olive oil via homemade salad dressings and homemade mayo. I also eat boiled eggs regularly. There are some times I am not meeting my fat quota, and I will eat a “fat bomb”. This usually curbs hunger. Adding some kind of fat to cooking definitely does the trick.
Are....are you a vegetarian?:confused:

Harley
03-31-2019, 12:41 PM
Are....are you a vegetarian?:confused:

No, but sometimes I feel I can make the transition with little trouble, due to the large amounts of greens, vegetables, and fruits I eat. I even enjoy drinking almond milk, working with coconut flour, and enjoy vegan protein shakes for meal replacements.

It’s currently not cost efficient to try and go full vegan and my family tends to whine and complain if I talk about dietary changes with them.

brightrenown
03-31-2019, 05:53 PM
O+ here. I'm conflicted whether I believe in the blood type diet stuff. But I'm pretty much a full carnivore and don't eat really any plants. So I suppose that supports the case.

Defiance
03-31-2019, 05:58 PM
No, but sometimes I feel I can make the transition with little trouble, due to the large amounts of greens, vegetables, and fruits I eat. I even enjoy drinking almond milk, working with coconut flour, and enjoy vegan protein shakes for meal replacements.

It’s currently not cost efficient to try and go full vegan and my family tends to whine and complain if I talk about dietary changes with them.
Yeah, I saw the post in which you mentioned that you ate fish, and it mysteriously slipped my mind for several moments. Sorry about that. I feel like an asshole.

Vegan keto, from what I gather, is HIGHLY restrictive, and it's for that reason alone that I'd assume it's all but impossible to do it long-term.

_Prometheus_
06-30-2020, 09:22 PM
What correlation can have blood group and diet, because there is no scientific basis on this issue.