PDA

View Full Version : Is I.Q. genetic?

War Chef
09-27-2017, 01:43 AM
My parents aren't that smart (peasant, worker, proletarian class) but I'm about to complete a tough program with zero $$$ assistance (had to slave for it on my own unlike these other entitled turds who's parents pay for all shit), eyeballing the students I would guess 120 I.Q. average. I'm dumb as rocks really. I'm just a caveman who likes to hit things. How did I manage to do it?

So.... Is I.Q. genetic? If my mom and dad are 100ish IQ (average) can I manage to be higher or am I stuck in my genetic thing?

EasternEurope
09-27-2017, 01:45 AM
No.

Gangrel
09-27-2017, 01:46 AM
Nope

War Chef
09-27-2017, 01:47 AM
No.

I have heard it was genetic and you can't get much far from it.

My genes are literally designed to kill Monghols and protect my village. None of the scholarly bullshit.

Vyasa
09-27-2017, 01:47 AM
yes it is partly genetic

Ashanti
09-27-2017, 01:49 AM
Genetics plays a role but your lifestyle does as well, just like height (both genetic and dietary).

EasternEurope
09-27-2017, 01:49 AM

My genes are literally designed to kill Monghols and protect my village. None of the scholarly bullshit.

It might be partially genetic, but it's definitely based mainly on education and the level of learning within society.

Fractal
09-27-2017, 01:55 AM

Your group in the USA is probably dumber than average since you're non existent in the first two categories, while my group is well represented in these occupations.

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1460/26/1460264899831.jpg

War Chef
09-27-2017, 01:59 AM
Your group in the USA is probably dumber than average since you're non existent in the first two categories, while my group is well represented in these occupations.

How long will you piggy back ride on the achievements of "your group"? You are 27 with nothing (accreditation) to show for yourself. You were $howered by mommy and daddy meanwhile I was like slumdog millionaire tryna grind and get my shit. Since I know you like German intellectuals, I'll break down your complex in a way you can understand:

"Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority

-Schopenhauer"

Have a good night, fuckface

Fractal
09-27-2017, 02:00 AM
How long will you piggy back ride on the achievements of "your group"? You are 27 with nothing (accreditation) to show for yourself. You were $howered by mommy and daddy meanwhile I was like slumdog millionaire tryna grind and get my shit. Since I know you like German intellectuals, I'll break down your complex in a way you can understand:

"Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority

-Schopenhauer"

lol

Gangrel
09-27-2017, 02:15 AM
If IQ was genetic Fractal wouldn't be retarded

Maria Sharapova
09-27-2017, 02:15 AM
It is 50-70% genetic, so yes genetics do play a significant part. I would estimate my mothers iq at 100 and fathers at 120 and I ended up with a 129 IQ. My brother tested at a 118 IQ. There are some really high iq people on my fathers side, his cousins comprise of math and physics graduates(130+ IQ, I'm pretty sure they are more intelligent than myself.)

Arduti
09-27-2017, 02:16 AM
Is there a good, free IQ test online? I've never had my IQ tested.

Fractal
09-27-2017, 02:18 AM
It is 50-70% genetic, so yes genetics do play a significant part. I would estimate my mothers iq at 100 and fathers at 120 and I ended up with a 129 IQ. My brother tested at a 118 IQ. There are some really high iq people on my fathers side, his cousins comprise of math and physics graduates(130+ IQ, I'm pretty sure they are more intelligent than myself.)

I have more engineering graduates (master's level - computer hardware, mechanical,computer science, electrical, chemical) in my family than you do, I don't think they got to where they are because of IQ, rather because of hard work and desire. Do I think they are more intelligent than the average American ? Yes. But that's not saying much.

Div
09-27-2017, 02:23 AM

-Schopenhauer"

SAAAVVAAGGGEE XXXDDD

Div
09-27-2017, 02:25 AM
Don't you dare do those, contact your psychologist and ask them. IQ tests take a while and have a lot of parts. Don't believe any internet IQ tests.

Maria Sharapova
09-27-2017, 02:42 AM
I have more engineering graduates (master's level - computer hardware, mechanical,computer science, electrical, chemical) in my family than you do, I don't think they got to where they are because of IQ, rather because of hard work and desire. Do I think they are more intelligent than the average American ? Yes. But that's not saying much.

Genes account for between approximately 50% and 70% of the variation in cognition at the population level.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4006996/
Also you don't need to have that high an IQ to have those degrees:
http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/Images/OccsX.jpg
They might just be on the Q1 range(see electrical engineer above). Its really only medicine, physics and math(and perhaps philosophy) where you can be almost certain someone has 110+ IQ. Plenty of sub 110 IQ engineers and lawyers(I have seen this first hand) out there.

dimadoe
09-27-2017, 02:46 AM
I've seen this table a lot. Seems like total bullshit. How can an engineer have a sub 100 IQ? You need to know advanced math to become an engineer.

War Chef
09-27-2017, 02:47 AM
They might just be on the Q1 range(see electrical engineer above). Its really only medicine, physics and math(and perhaps philosophy) where you can be almost certain someone has 110+ IQ. Plenty of sub 110 IQ engineers and lawyers(I have seen this first hand) out there.

You can find me in "Medical Occs".

Drawing-slim
09-27-2017, 02:48 AM
Is think is at least 90% genetic. I have the least amount of education and in multiple tests i've scored between 104-120, and these tests were done after many years of smoking pot and consuming lots of other drugs wich will for sure slow down anyone's brain. Because i remember at age 20 when i was pure no drugs or anything my brain was so fast i thought i was the smartest person in the world, no bullshit. IQ tests require some form of basic education in math and English language and general studies which i have none and i still score pretty high. My parents too were simple peasants but i always seem to find in common more with people of higher education. Or a mutual likability rather with people of higher intelligence.
Genetics is responsible not only of our scope of intelligence but literally is the deciding factor of our fate in life. Regardless how much you work on something you can only go so far, but in order to seal the deal you need your genetic stamp of approval, IMO.

TEUTORIGOS
09-27-2017, 02:52 AM
My parents aren't that smart (peasant, worker, proletarian class) but I'm about to complete a tough program with zero $$$ assistance (had to slave for it on my own unlike these other entitled turds who's parents pay for all shit), eyeballing the students I would guess 120 I.Q. average. I'm dumb as rocks really. I'm just a caveman who likes to hit things. How did I manage to do it?

So.... Is I.Q. genetic? If my mom and dad are 100ish IQ (average) can I manage to be higher or am I stuck in my genetic thing?

See this :

The general figure for the heritability of IQ, according to an authoritative American Psychological Association report, is 0.45 for children, and rises to around 0.75 for late teens and adults.[5][6] In simpler terms, IQ goes from being weakly correlated with genetics, for children, to being strongly correlated with genetics for late teens and adults. The heritability of IQ increases with age and reaches an asymptote at 18–20 years of age and continues at that level well into adulthood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ

So IQ is mostly genetic in adulthood starting at 18-20 years old range at about 0.75. 100x0.75 = 75%. So IQ , in adulthood, is 75% genetic. Therefore, IQ is mostly genetic when it counts most.

See how fast my superior IQ was able to figure that all out ? It took like not even 5 minutes. However, I think IQ is an outdated way to measure intelligence or it is obsolete thanks to advances of neuroscience.

War Chef
09-27-2017, 04:21 AM
See this :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ

So IQ is mostly genetic in adulthood starting at 18-20 years old range at about 0.75. 100x0.75 = 75%. So IQ , in adulthood, is 75% genetic. Therefore, IQ is mostly genetic when it counts most.

See how fast my superior IQ was able to figure that all out ? It took like not even 5 minutes. However, I think IQ is an outdated way to measure intelligence or it is obsolete thanks to advances of neuroscience.

It could be because only at ages 18-20 do parents implement the same schooling (university) they had in their own youth onto their children. Damn right this is going to cause the kids I.Q. to mirror the parents if they're brought up under the exact same system.

Heather Duval
09-27-2017, 04:31 AM
no
paris hilton is dumb but her parents and grandparents were actually very smart and made a lot of money
such thing as hilton hotels

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-27-2017, 04:39 AM
You were able to achieve success through magic.

TEUTORIGOS
09-27-2017, 04:40 AM
It could be because only at ages 18-20 do parents implement the same schooling (university) they had in their own youth onto their children. Damn right this is going to cause the kids I.Q. to mirror the parents if they're brought up under the exact same system.

In science there is something called occam's razor or the most simple explanation is probably the most correct one. Simplest explanation is the brain of children is not done developing to its full genetic potential, yet. Why is that the simplest explanation ? Because the Tabula Rasa theory of thinkers like John Locke has been proven incorrect by science.

Also, the New York times best selling book "Freakonomics", for instance, has a chapter asking "what makes good parents ?" It says that parenting style is largely irrelevant compared to owning a lot of books in the home which is correlated with children being more successfull in life . Is it because the parents read the books to the kids or the kids read lots of books at home ? No, it is just the fact that the books exist in the home. Why ? it is because parents who own lots of books are more likely to have higher IQs thus pass on their genes to their children even taking regression to the mean into consideration. My IQ is about 125 and I own 132 books mostly non-fiction. I used to have more but I gave them away to a bookstore. A person with a Western average IQ of 100 probably does not own as many books and even if they did it would be some crappy popular authors that only takes 8th grade reading ability like stephen king or James Patterson.

Why did I seek out these books rather than just watch T.V. and read shit on the internet ? It is not because I went to college for a little while it is because the intelligent of all ages find that praxeological observation is not enough to have knowledge so we naturally gravitate towards books while dumb people gravitate towards drinking beer and watching football (soccer) on T.V. instead etc...

Nothing organically living in nature is equal I dunno why people think humans should all magically be equal in intelligence when we evolved in a state of nature for most of our existence and we still are part of nature to some degree even though we have managed to control it to some degree. That we are all equal is just liberal fantasy land bullshit.

Fractal
09-27-2017, 05:40 AM

To be a proper engineer requires more than intelligence, it requires solid math skills and inventiveness more than anything. I bet none of those physicists in your family would hold a candle to any of my relatives in mathematics. By the way, if you think I don't know any doctorate level physicists you're sadly mistaken. You're talking to a Gujarati Indian here, not some Albanian or Murican.

Eastern Europeans here are pretty useless and unproductive in the states.

Sarmatian
09-27-2017, 05:54 AM

I'm pretty sure you have beaten them all in this regard.

Fractal
09-27-2017, 06:19 AM
Is think is at least 90% genetic. I have the least amount of education and in multiple tests i've scored between 104-120, and these tests were done after many years of smoking pot and consuming lots of other drugs wich will for sure slow down anyone's brain. Because i remember at age 20 when i was pure no drugs or anything my brain was so fast i thought i was the smartest person in the world, no bullshit. IQ tests require some form of basic education in math and English language and general studies which i have none and i still score pretty high. My parents too were simple peasants but i always seem to find in common more with people of higher education. Or a mutual likability rather with people of higher intelligence.
Genetics is responsible not only of our scope of intelligence but literally is the deciding factor of our fate in life. Regardless how much you work on something you can only go so far, but in order to seal the deal you need your genetic stamp of approval, IMO.

An Albanian talking about IQ. ...only on TA.

Sarmatian
09-27-2017, 06:24 AM

Genes preset IQ predisposition in form of possible range. Which position will you take in that range heavily depends on nurture during first years of life and later a bit on actions you'll take like education and such. No matter how much you try you'll never be able to reach any values outside of your given range. At same time no matter how lazy you are your IQ will never drop below certain minimum.

crazyladybutterfly
09-27-2017, 06:27 AM

you can , it s polygenic

take 2 dark skinned people , they have a variety of alleles which favor light medium and dark pigmentation , the result of their skin is the melange of these alleles on a long list of genes , which one is more dominant than the other,
their child ends up with light skin because he took all or mostly on thiese genes the light skin alleles of their parents

intelligence can be like that , since it is polygenic it is very unlikely that all their genes have alleles which favor a low iq , it is not exactly a fair comparision as with skin it seems like it tends not to be a complete dominance of one trait over the other while i dont know about intelligence

in short yes it is possible just less likely to happen than if the parents were intelligent

crazyladybutterfly
09-27-2017, 06:34 AM
you can , it s polygenic

take 2 dark skinned people , they have a variety of alleles which favor light medium and dark pigmentation , the result of their skin is the melange of these alleles on a long list of genes , which one is more dominant than the other,
their child ends up with light skin because he took all or mostly on thiese genes the light skin alleles of their parents

intelligence can be like that , since it is polygenic it is very unlikely that all their genes have alleles which favor a low iq , it is not exactly a fair comparision as with skin it seems like it tends not to be a complete dominance of one trait over the other while i dont know about intelligence

in short yes it is possible just less likely to happen than if the parents were intelligent

i d like to be corrected by people who are more knowledgeable than i if i said anything wrong

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-27-2017, 06:36 AM
To be a proper engineer requires more than intelligence, it requires solid math skills and inventiveness more than anything. I bet none of those physicists in your family would hold a candle to any of my relatives in mathematics. By the way, if you think I don't know any doctorate level physicists you're sadly mistaken. You're talking to a Gujarati Indian here, not some Albanian or Murican.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS6EDdfd1F4

TEUTORIGOS
09-27-2017, 06:39 AM
...IQ tests require some form of basic education in math and English language and general studies which i have none and i still score pretty high. My parents too were simple peasants but i always seem to find in common more with people of higher education. Or a mutual likability rather with people of higher intelligence.

The bold is not true. There are IQ tests that are culturally neutral (you do not need education in math and English) such as the Raven Progressive Matrices test or the Cerebral's test of Induction. These tests are actually the best measure of the G factor not culturally biased tests. My G factor IQ is like 122 (scored that at 38 years old) according to such tests. My IQ is still in the 120s and I have done a shit ton of drugs and alcohol which just goes to show IQ is mostly genetic probably.

Fractal
09-27-2017, 06:41 AM
In science there is something called occam's razor or the most simple explanation is probably the most correct one. Simplest explanation is the brain of children is not done developing to its full genetic potential, yet. Why is that the simplest explanation ? Because the Tabula Rasa theory of thinkers like John Locke has been proven incorrect by science.

Also, the New York times best selling book "Freakonomics", for instance, has a chapter asking "what makes good parents ?" It says that parenting style is largely irrelevant compared to owning a lot of books in the home which is correlated with children being more successfull in life . Is it because the parents read the books to the kids or the kids read lots of books at home ? No, it is just the fact that the books exist in the home. Why ? it is because parents who own lots of books are more likely to have higher IQs thus pass on their genes to their children even taking regression to the mean into consideration. My IQ is about 125 and I own 132 books mostly non-fiction. I used to have more but I gave them away to a bookstore. A person with a Western average IQ of 100 probably does not own as many books and even if they did it would be some crappy popular authors that only takes 8th grade reading ability like stephen king or James Patterson.

Why did I seek out these books rather than just watch T.V. and read shit on the internet ? It is not because I went to college for a little while it is because the intelligent of all ages find that praxeological observation is not enough to have knowledge so we naturally gravitate towards books while dumb people gravitate towards drinking beer and watching football (soccer) on T.V. instead etc...

Nothing organically living in nature is equal I dunno why people think humans should all magically be equal in intelligence when we evolved in a state of nature for most of our existence and we still are part of nature to some degree even though we have managed to control it to some degree. That we are all equal is just liberal fantasy land bullshit.

My relative watches football and drinks beer occasionally, and he has a master's degree in electronics engineering from the University of California, Berkeley. His bookshelf consists of books like these as well as Games of Thrones, Tom Clancy,Indian history books, the Bhagavad Gita and Stephen King. I don't think you are more intelligent than he is although you might score a higher IQ.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51hnUyplk-L._SX363_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://images.tandf.co.uk/common/jackets/amazon/978143983/9781439837146.jpg

http://media.wiley.com/product_data/coverImage300/90/04708740/0470874090.jpg

Fractal
09-27-2017, 06:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS6EDdfd1F4

There's probably not a single person in your family with an engineering or physics degree, meanwhile you White Hispanics Americans are highly represetned in the fields of drug trafficking and credit card fraud.

https://lintvwwlp.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/white-street-drug-bust-suspects.jpg?w=650

Markus Lauria, 25
Nico Santamaria, 25
Anthony Santamaria, 30
Francis Santamaria, 29
Jody Santamaria, 52
Anthony Frogamini, 36
Brian Almeida, 38
John Santamaria, 56

http://static.lakana.com/media.fox13news.com/photo/2017/06/01/6arrestsnonames_1496348954165_3406234_ver1.0_640_3 60.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MIIc_98e2Sk/maxresdefault.jpg

Fractal
09-27-2017, 06:58 AM
There's probably not a single person in your family with an engineering or physics degree, meanwhile you White Hispanics Americans are highly represetned in the fields of drug trafficking and credit card fraud.

https://lintvwwlp.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/white-street-drug-bust-suspects.jpg?w=650

Markus Lauria, 25
Nico Santamaria, 25
Anthony Santamaria, 30
Francis Santamaria, 29
Jody Santamaria, 52
Anthony Frogamini, 36
Brian Almeida, 38
John Santamaria, 56

http://static.lakana.com/media.fox13news.com/photo/2017/06/01/6arrestsnonames_1496348954165_3406234_ver1.0_640_3 60.jpg

-Yosmanis Alfonso Cruz, 34

-Elisio Omar Arbolaez Felipe, 47

-Yunierlys Gonzalez, 31

-Maykel Medina, 40

-Dasiel Parrado, 34

-Dania Roig, 32

Chev Chelios
09-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Genetic, lifestyle, environment, society, govt, education system, parenting, and ... all plays their own rule in IQ. Just like the degeneration.

TEUTORIGOS
09-27-2017, 07:01 AM
My relative watches football and drinks beer occasionally, and he has a master's degree in electronics engineering from the University of California, Berkeley. His bookshelf consists of books like these as well as Games of Thrones, Tom Clancy,Indian history books, the Bhagavad Gita and Stephen King. I don't think you are more intelligent than he is although you might score a higher IQ.

Dude, you are autistic you took it too literally. I think MagnusAuerelius was right that you are autistic. The point about drinking beer and watching sports is that I put a qualifier there an 'etc..' afterwards as a qualifier which you were supposed to infer that lower intelligence people are more likely to spend more time chasing animalistic pleasure to keep them entertained or occupied. You know what is one of the greatest things about Plato's philosophy of math is ? It creates religion, based around math, that is a solace and place to reside for people that are just too smart or individualistic to seek solace in the cruder forms of animism. As far as his book choices it is ok to enjoy fiction every once and a while but non-fiction books are more important. The Platonic philosophical outlook is the most popular among mathematicians.

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-27-2017, 07:05 AM

Markus Lauria, 25
Nico Santamaria, 25
Anthony Santamaria, 30
Francis Santamaria, 29
Jody Santamaria, 52
Anthony Frogamini, 36
Brian Almeida, 38
John Santamaria, 56

Naw, just family members in the medical field, police detective, prison warden, music industry, educators, soap opera actress, bankers, a professional athlete, and business owners. No engineers, physicists, and especially not hotel owners but a diverse bunch. A variety of talents.

Gone West
09-27-2017, 07:09 AM
I am surprised a Caucasus mongoloid is intelligent. Pontic pride they said.

Maria Sharapova
09-27-2017, 07:20 AM

Why are you having a go at me? I'm just trying to dig up some facts/research on the topic. I don't have an affection for either field. I couldn't care less about comparing the mathematical capabilities of engineers and physicists, neither of those are my field, I'm a law student..

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-27-2017, 07:25 AM
-Yosmanis Alfonso Cruz, 34

-Elisio Omar Arbolaez Felipe, 47

-Yunierlys Gonzalez, 31

-Maykel Medina, 40

-Dasiel Parrado, 34

-Dania Roig, 32

The one on the bottom left looks a bit mulattoish.

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-27-2017, 07:32 AM
Why are you having a go at me? I'm just trying to dig up some facts/research on the topic. I don't have an affection for either field. I couldn't care less about comparing the mathematical capabilities of engineers and physicists, neither of those are my field, I'm a law student..

You're new to the forum. Fractal is our local mentally ill poster. For months he would get banned and come back with sock puppets to educate us all about Indians owning motels in the US. The mods got tired of banning him only to see him return literally minutes later. Despite his uncle and father being highly intelligent,which he reminds us constantly, our beloved Fractal was stupid enough to get doxed. Despite everyone knowing what he looks like (every dork you ever knew in high school), personal information, and that his life isn't all that impressive (from what I was told) he continues to plague this forum with tales of Indians and how Indians, especially his subgroup, are very special.

Fractal
09-27-2017, 08:24 AM
You're new to the forum. Fractal is our local mentally ill poster. For months he would get banned and come back with sock puppets to educate us all about Indians owning motels in the US. The mods got tired of banning him only to see him return literally minutes later. Despite his uncle and father being highly intelligent,which he reminds us constantly, our beloved Fractal was stupid enough to get doxed. Despite everyone knowing what he looks like (every dork you ever knew in high school), personal information, and that his life isn't all that impressive (from what I was told) he continues to plague this forum with tales of Indians and how Indians, especially his subgroup, are very special.

Yes, Albos and Russian goons are very highly productive people - using their so-called technical expertise to dox people on TA as well as ********* Thankfully one of them is gone although it has invited me to it's discord room numerous times and I've turned it down or left after seeing the shady types in there.

Fractal
09-27-2017, 08:29 AM
Dude, you are autistic you took it too literally. I think MagnusAuerelius was right that you are autistic. The point about drinking beer and watching sports is that I put a qualifier there an 'etc..' afterwards as a qualifier which you were supposed to infer that lower intelligence people are more likely to spend more time chasing animalistic pleasure to keep them entertained or occupied. You know what is one of the greatest things about Plato's philosophy of math is ? It creates religion, based around math, that is a solace and place to reside for people that are just too smart or individualistic to seek solace in the cruder forms of animism. As far as his book choices it is ok to enjoy fiction every once and a while but non-fiction books are more important. The Platonic philosophical outlook is the most popular among mathematicians.

Well I sort of agree that reading nothing but fiction is a waste of time. I used to read plenty of novels by Dean Koontz or Michael Chrichton, but quickly found they are a waste of time when I could be reading more practical books about Indian history or about science. By the way, when you can solve the problems in this book then you can say you're as intelligent as any of the engineers and physicists I have met - some of whom I am related to by blood but not all.

Irodov was a Soviet physicist/mathematician but like all Slavs he stole his ideas from the Germans during WW2.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41m9rqLF-QL.jpg

Fractal
09-27-2017, 08:33 AM

I see. Interesting. Law school is very intense here in the USA.

Fractal
09-27-2017, 08:37 AM

Slavs are GREAT people.....in Slavic countries.

Petalpusher
09-27-2017, 09:29 AM
It's mostly genetic, but not as people think like you must have the same IQ than your parents or an average of it. Some alleles are detrimental, some postives, the mix you get from you parents isn't a simple mathematical product, there s a level of randomness how well they are going to mix in each case, but nationwide it balances itself on millions of individuals. Like any other features hopefully or he would have sibling clones everywhere.

Robocop
09-27-2017, 10:09 AM

Genetics is important but so is the will to succed in somethin from some particular individual.

I have seen person who has average IQ and he decided to finish college by any means and he is great workin person today, also I met a individual with High IQ who ended as a drug addict, now my question for you is; who is smarter out of those two individuals? I repeat, smarter not more intelligent but smarter?

High IQ is important but it doest mean shit in the long run, it doesnt make you wise in your life choices.

I took various IQ tests on internet and I always score from 120-135, and I will do official IQ test just because Im curious, but as I've said, IMO High IQ doesnt mean shit in life if someone is garbage as a person, her or his life is going down the toilet with or without High IQ, because there is no genetic code for Wisdom.

crazyladybutterfly
09-27-2017, 10:14 AM
It's mostly genetic, but not as people think like you must have the same IQ than your parents or an average of it. Some alleles are detrimental, some postives, the mix you get from you parents isn't a simple mathematical product, there s a level of randomness how well they are going to mix in each case, but nationwide it balances itself on millions of individuals. Like any other features hopefully or he would have sibling clones everywhere.

you explained it better than i managed to do

Fractal
09-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Genetics is important but so is the will to succed in somethin from some particular individual.

I have seen person who has average IQ and he decided to finish college by any means and he is great workin person today, also I met a individual with High IQ who ended as a drug addict, now my question for you is; who is smarter out of those two individuals? I repeat, smarter not more intelligent but smarter?

High IQ is important but it doest mean shit in the long run, it doesnt make you wise in your life choices.

I took various IQ tests on internet and I always score from 120-135, and I will do official IQ test just because Im curious, but as I've said, IMO High IQ doesnt mean shit in life if someone is garbage as a person, her or his life is going down the toilet with or without High IQ, because there is no genetic code for Wisdom.

All these IQ tards can obsess over the genetics of IQ but I would bet any amount of dollars they suck balls at math compared to "lower IQ" Indians I've met from India - for instance several lower caste types from India who received scholarships to the University of Michigan one of whom is now pursuing a masters in computer science and engineering. It's parenting and culture at the end of the day.

But if we're gonna discuss IQ then I'll brag about this too. LOL

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1499/31/1499317530931.png

Free-market advocates argue that India’s bureaucratic state stifles the economy, but there is an important difference between Indians living in India and those living abroad. In limited testing, Indians in America have been found to have a mean IQ of 112–nearly the equivalent of Ashkenazi Jews–whereas Indians on the subcontinent have a mean of only 82.

https://www.amren.com/news/2016/10/the-case-of-immigrants-from-india/

Fractal
09-27-2017, 10:37 AM
I've seen this table a lot. Seems like total bullshit. How can an engineer have a sub 100 IQ? You need to know advanced math to become an engineer.

Exactly. And that Cniva's post directed against me was thumbed up by some stupid Kurdshit, wetback, old Russky loser, and spic from Italy - all of whom are stupid low IQ groups who obsess over IQ.

I have numerous engineers and doctors in my family, none of whom have ever once discussed IQ. Electrical engineers are some of the highest based on this graph.

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Yes, Albos and Russian goons are very highly productive people - using their so-called technical expertise to dox people on TA as well as ********* Thankfully one of them is gone although it has invited me to it's discord room numerous times and I've turned it down or left after seeing the shady types in there.

They certainly played you like a fool.

Colonel Frank Grimes
09-27-2017, 05:36 PM
All these IQ tards can obsess over the genetics of IQ but I would bet any amount of dollars they suck balls at math compared to "lower IQ" Indians I've met from India - for instance several lower caste types from India who received scholarships to the University of Michigan one of whom is now pursuing a masters in computer science and engineering. It's parenting and culture at the end of the day.

But if we're gonna discuss IQ then I'll brag about this too. LOL

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1499/31/1499317530931.png

Free-market advocates argue that India’s bureaucratic state stifles the economy, but there is an important difference between Indians living in India and those living abroad. In limited testing, Indians in America have been found to have a mean IQ of 112–nearly the equivalent of Ashkenazi Jews–whereas Indians on the subcontinent have a mean of only 82.

https://www.amren.com/news/2016/10/the-case-of-immigrants-from-india/

What you have in bold is a point made that the selective immigration of Indian immigrants to the US isn't representative of the Indian population. In other words the author is arguing it's not India's bureaucratic state that is stifling Indian's economy as some free market advocates argue but the IQ of the average Indian.

Ironically you post a quote that undermines your own argument rather than boosts it.

Hamlet
09-27-2017, 05:37 PM
IQ is about 80% genetic. There's not much you can do to get it better, but there's a hell of a lot you can do to make it worse.

Loki
09-27-2017, 05:47 PM
Yes -- if it wasn't genetic, evolution couldn't take place and we'd still have been swinging off the trees.

That doesn't mean you're limited by your parents' achievements. You can, of course, improve on that a lot if you are diligent and learn and are motivated and have the will. Humans can improve, and many of them do.

firemonkey
09-27-2017, 06:35 PM
The bold is not true. There are IQ tests that are culturally neutral (you do not need education in math and English) such as the Raven Progressive Matrices test or the Cerebral's test of Induction. These tests are actually the best measure of the G factor not culturally biased tests. My G factor IQ is like 122 (scored that at 38 years old) according to such tests. My IQ is still in the 120s and I have done a shit ton of drugs and alcohol which just goes to show IQ is mostly genetic probably.

IQ tests in general, including culture fair tests, are poor measures of intelligence for those of us with wide differences between verbal and non verbal IQ. Culture fair especially underestimates the IQ where PIQ is significantly > than VIQ.

Verbally I score in the upper extreme while non verbally I average well below average. My average for culture fair tests is about 75. Obviously if my IQ was actually 75 I'd have struggled to participate in this thread , and on these forums in general.

febard
09-27-2017, 06:54 PM
The fact that indians in the US ve got higher IQ than Indians in India , cant lead to any safe conclusions. Those people were more intelligent on the first place.
A big percentange of the American Indians are cherry-picked intelligent individuals by the American academia or industries . A brain-drain / human capital flight

de Burgh II
09-27-2017, 07:14 PM
As people have previously said, there are polygenic determinants for what collectively defines "IQ." As a main function under psychometrics, it serves to average out each person's components that collectively defines "intelligence." That manifests through averaging out each person's collective parts statistically in our to grasp one's inherit strengths and weaknesses. Such as Emotional Intelligence (EI), Spatial Intelligence, Verbal/Linguistic intelligence, Logical/Mathematical Intelligence, Introspective Intelligence, etc. As you can see, if one is low statistically in one area of the brain; you can be statistically high in other areas, one can use the concept of "neuroplasticity." Basically, the concept of redirecting one's neuronal capacities to other areas in the brain to compensate for some cognitive deficiencies lacking in other areas. What some people don't realize is that the brain is a powerful, yet, malleable organ. If one maximizes their potential wisely and diligently; a person can compensate their shortcomings through the utilization of repetition and "crystallizing" their intelligence. Repetition helps crystallize one's rehearsed skills from Working -> Short-Term -> Long Term Memory. Thus, the term "crystallized" is appropriated here due to memory becoming "permanently stored" unconsciously through the conscious practice of repetition. Hence, the term "crystallized intelligence" can be used to denote this. One's intelligence is essentially an amalgamation of these different cognitive abilities.

Genetically speaking, we are merely byproducts of recombination. Essentially, we are genetic byproducts of one's paternal and maternal progenitors. Meaning our autosomal dna is composed in varying quantities of your paternal and maternal ancestors. Which is why despite offsprings inheriting 50% of your dna from your mother and father; you are distinct enough from them to the point where personality traits you see in them is lacking in you. For all we know, you may have a huge chunk of your autosomal dna similar to that of your great-grandfather that wasn't recombined in the previous two generations that is manifesting in you, etc.

щрбл
09-27-2017, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately for many people, it mostly is. But fear not, there is a place for everyone down on this earth. I remember an article pretending that one can publish a serious scientific work with an IQ as low as 80.

https://www.targetmap.com/ThumbnailsReports/2812_THUMB_IPAD.jpg

The contrast between China and South Asia is most surprising. :rofl_002:

StonyArabia
09-27-2017, 07:33 PM
No

Dragoon
09-27-2017, 07:43 PM
Researchers have conducted many studies to look for genes that influence intelligence. Many of these studies have focused on similarities and differences in IQ within families, particularly looking at adopted children and twins. These studies suggest that genetic factors underlie about 50 percent of the difference in intelligence among individuals. Other studies have examined variations across the entire genomes of many people (an approach called genome-wide association studies or GWAS) to determine whether any specific areas of the genome are associated with IQ. These studies have not conclusively identified any genes that underlie differences in intelligence. It is likely that a large number of genes are involved, each of which makes only a small contribution to a person’s intelligence.

Intelligence is also strongly influenced by the environment. Factors related to a child’s home environment and parenting, education and availability of learning resources, and nutrition, among others, all contribute to intelligence. A person’s environment and genes influence each other, and it can be challenging to tease apart the effects of the environment from those of genetics. For example, if a child’s IQ is similar to that of his or her parents, is that similarity due to genetic factors passed down from parent to child, to shared environmental factors, or (most likely) to a combination of both? It is clear that both environmental and genetic factors play a part in determining intelligence.

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/primer/traits/intelligence

Chev Chelios
09-28-2017, 10:39 AM
No

Yes, it is. It's related to genetic and several other factors. But remember having high IQ parents do not guarantee high IQ offspring.