PDA

View Full Version : Costco of the Philippines

Timawa
10-02-2017, 02:47 AM
I just learned that the Costco based stores open over the nation a few years ago. There are many American imported products eveywhere in stores, even the food court that's similar to the Costco food court I visit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uQmDNZGWuH0

Hey shazou

Have you shopped at S&R?

Iloko
10-02-2017, 02:55 AM
Yeah I've been there a few times. They are a Costco duplicate/copycat as far as I'm aware of. As far as I know the two are not owned by the same parent company but different ones. Could be wrong though.

We have a membership card there and yeah looks pretty much exactly like US Costco. They've got the little food section / buying in bulk shopping / and same overall vibe. The pizza there is just as delicious as the US Costco and Sam's Club ones. Sometimes just go there for the pizza lol.

Timawa,,,,in the US do you prefer Costco, or Sam's Club? :)

Timawa
10-02-2017, 02:59 AM
Yeah I've been there a few times. They are a Costco duplicate/copycat as far as I'm aware of. As far as I know the two are not owned by the same parent company but different ones. Could be wrong though.

We have a membership card there and yeah looks pretty much exactly like US Costco. They've got the little food section / buying in bulk shopping / and same overall vibe. The pizza there is just as delicious as the US Costco and Sam's Club ones. Sometimes just go there for the pizza lol.

Timawa,,,,in the US do you prefer Costco, or Sam's Club? :)

I like Costco a lot and I can't say I like Sam's Club because I haven't been to it.

Iloko
10-02-2017, 03:02 AM
I like Costco a lot and I can't say I like Sam's Club because I haven't been to it.
When I was in US I usually go to Sam's Club. I think Sam's and Walmart are owned by the same parent company if I'm not mistaken.

They actually wanted to push for a Walmart in Manila several years ago but it never materialized. US stores generally have a different shopping atmosphere vibe than Philippines ones IMO.

How about Walmart vs Target, which you prefer?

Timawa
10-02-2017, 03:05 AM
When I was in US I usually go to Sam's Club. I think Sam's and Walmart are owned by the same parent company if I'm not mistaken.

They actually wanted to push for a Walmart in Manila several years ago but it never materialized. US stores generally have a different shopping atmosphere vibe than Philippines ones IMO.

How about Walmart vs Target, which you prefer?

Okay, I have been to both stores a few times. I prefer Target to Walmart because Target is more nicer than Wal-Mart in atmosphere.

Iloko
10-02-2017, 03:08 AM
Okay, I have been to both stores a few times. I prefer Target to Walmart because Target is more nicer than Wal-Mart in atmosphere.
Do you use the Tarjay term/slang? http://ijr.com/2016/02/531545-this-is-where-saying-tarjay-instead-of-target-comes-from/

My parents used it lol but I'm not sure where they learned it from until they started using it.

Timawa
10-02-2017, 03:12 AM
Do you use the Tarjay term/slang? http://ijr.com/2016/02/531545-this-is-where-saying-tarjay-instead-of-target-comes-from/

My parents used it lol but I'm not sure where they learned it from until they started using it.

Thanks for the info. I don't know that Target is old, much older than Wal-Mart.

Iloko
10-02-2017, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the info. I don't know that Target is old, much older than Wal-Mart.
Philippines has become sooo Americanized over years btw. All the American restaurants/stores are being established in the Philippine market. Spoken English is extremely widespread. I'm so glad that we still manage to maintain a little nationalism, we've still managed to keep our original languages even down to many multiple dialects which I feel proud of. I'm glad I can still manage to know how to speak and understand Tagalog to a certain degree as opposed to be completely washed away with English language and Americanism.

Timawa
10-03-2017, 01:29 AM
Philippines has become sooo Americanized over years btw. All the American restaurants/stores are being established in the Philippine market. Spoken English is extremely widespread. I'm so glad that we still manage to maintain a little nationalism, we've still managed to keep our original languages even down to many multiple dialects which I feel proud of. I'm glad I can still manage to know how to speak and understand Tagalog to a certain degree as opposed to be completely washed away with English language and Americanism.

Filipinos are obviously pro-American and with the increase of American stores and restaurants, do they remind you of the home?