PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Zodiac signs?

Kriptc06
10-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Do you believe there could be any truth behind it?

My sign description seems to fit me, but I'm a bit skeptical. (I'm libra lol)

Mikula
10-04-2017, 09:24 PM
As a sagitarius, i dont believe in it :)

Ülev
10-04-2017, 09:24 PM
yup, Celtic Tree Astrology (http://www.whats-your-sign.com/celtic-tree-astrology.html)

Hawthorn - The Illusionist
May 13 - June 9
Hawthorn signs in Celtic tree astrology are not at all what they appear to be. Outwardly, they appear to be a certain persona, while on the inside Hawthorn's are quite different. They put the term "never judge a book by its cover" to the test. They live seemingly average lives while on the inside they carry fiery passions and inexhaustible creative flame. They are well adjusted and can adapt to most life situations well - making themselves content and comforting others at the same time. You are naturally curious, and have an interest in a broad range of topics. You are an excellent listener, and people seek you out as an outlet to release their burdens. You have a healthy sense of humor, and have a clear understanding of irony. You tend to see the big picture, and have amazing insight - although you typically won't give yourself enough credit for your observations. Hawthorn signs match up nicely with Ash and Rowan's.

Kriptc06
10-04-2017, 09:27 PM
yup, Celtic Tree Astrology (http://www.whats-your-sign.com/celtic-tree-astrology.html)

Hawthorn - The Illusionist
May 13 - June 9
Hawthorn signs in Celtic tree astrology are not at all what they appear to be. Outwardly, they appear to be a certain persona, while on the inside Hawthorn's are quite different. They put the term "never judge a book by its cover" to the test. They live seemingly average lives while on the inside they carry fiery passions and inexhaustible creative flame. They are well adjusted and can adapt to most life situations well - making themselves content and comforting others at the same time. You are naturally curious, and have an interest in a broad range of topics. You are an excellent listener, and people seek you out as an outlet to release their burdens. You have a healthy sense of humor, and have a clear understanding of irony. You tend to see the big picture, and have amazing insight - although you typically won't give yourself enough credit for your observations. Hawthorn signs match up nicely with Ash and Rowan's.

interesting, here is mine:

Ivy - The Survivor
September 30 - October 27
Among other cherished qualities of the Ivy Celtic tree astrology sign, most prized is your ability to overcome all odds. You have a sharp intellect, but more obvious is your compassion and loyalty to others. You have a giving nature, and are always there to lend a helping hand. You are born at a time of the waning sun so life an be difficult for you at times. This sometimes seems unfair because it appears that obstacles are coming at with no prompting on your part. Nevertheless, you endure troubling times with silent perseverance and soulful grace. Indeed, Ivy signs have a tendency to be deeply spiritual and cling to a deep-rooted faith that typically sees them trough adversity. You are soft spoken, but have a keen wit about you. You are charming, charismatic, and can effectively hold your own in most social settings. Ivy signs are attracted to the Celtic tree astology sign of Oak and Ash signs.

Arduti
10-04-2017, 09:33 PM
These Celtic signs seem based on the Chinese Zodiac, which is much older.

Yes, I believe there is some truth to it. Personality descriptions are based on observation and experience.

I do not, however, believe they can predict the future. I do not believe in horoscopes.
And if one is religious, one must overcome many aspects of one's nature.
Many of the things we embrace about ourselves should actually be rejected.

I'm a Pisces.

amoora
10-04-2017, 09:33 PM
No I don't

Kazimiera
10-04-2017, 10:02 PM
I don't think one should place too much value on this, however some of the characteristics do apply to me.

Good Day: Honest (yes), fair-minded (yes), inspiring (I hope so), optimistic (yes), enthusiastic (not always), encouraging (hmmmm), dedicated (dedicated to what?)

Bad Day: Argumentative (never), reckless (only after two bottles of wine), flaky (huh?), preachy (I don't think so), tactless (yes.....), overconfident (never)

As a fire sign, Sagittarius is brimming with energy like a hot bullet. She’s enthusiastic about everything, and she lives her life with a grand passion.

I've never been a ball of fire but living with a passion I can agree with.

She wants to experience life to its fullest, and she thinks the best way to learn new things is to experience them firsthand.

Hell yeah!

She’s curious about everything around her, and her passion brings a strong energy into all of her relationships and to pretty much every other aspect of her life.

Yes, I'm curious but I'm not brimming with energy. I'm far too lazy to be brimming with energy.

A woman with Sagittarius as her zodiac sign is always on the go. You’ll find her constantly moving around between projects and cities, and she’s never in the same place long enough for you to catch her.

No. I'm a homebody. I need to be coaxed out of the house to go to the shop, never mind flitting between places.

Wild, feisty, independent and exciting, Sagittarian women are arguably the wild child of the zodiac. Adventurous, fun loving, sociable and friendly, they are typically determined to live life to the fullest.

Sociable? Me? Hahaha! Tell me another joke! Living life to the fullest, yes.

This is an honest woman, a straight shooter who speaks her mind. Inspiring and spontaneous she can sometimes be seen as too aggressive or impatient by those who prefer a more subtle approach to life.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

She values independence and freedom, manifested both in a liberal open mindedness and a dislike of feeling trapped or obligated. She often does better with a strong willed and independent partner, rather than one who is too needy or possessive.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Odin
01-21-2018, 05:28 AM
Not fully.

MysteriousWays
01-21-2018, 05:28 AM
Generally yes

sean
07-22-2019, 03:40 AM
Do you believe there could be any truth behind it?

No, it's fake and gay, but MBTI is totally legit.

Lazio
07-22-2019, 08:11 AM
No, it's fake and gay, but MBTI is totally legit.

The four temperaments' is also a legit analysis.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e6/f0/1a/e6f01a2ee4f09fc393796f429ad3c339.png
https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14307037_f520.jpg
https://www.erikthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/temperaments-1.png

Jana
07-22-2019, 08:14 AM
Zodiac signs mean little if you do not know planetary positions and relationships. somebody can be eg. aries but have much stronger eg. leo or any other influences in his natal chart. most people are too superifical to understand laws of astrology.

Lazio
07-22-2019, 08:22 AM
Zodiac signs means nothing

Fixed.

Moje ime
07-22-2019, 08:34 PM
I believe in Natal Chart.

Ford
07-22-2019, 08:36 PM
No, not at all.

Moje ime
07-22-2019, 08:40 PM

It corespondents with division of Zodiac signs in 4 groups by elements - air, fire, water, earth.

Lazio
07-22-2019, 08:45 PM
It corespondents with division of Zodiac signs in 4 groups by elements - air, fire, water, earth.

Actually someone added the elements in that image, what Hippocrates, a physician, originally proposed, was 4 different body fluids that would influence the humours (because supposedly some people would have more of one specific fluid than the other fluids in the body), so no, that doesn't have anything to do with zodiac signs.

Moje ime
07-22-2019, 08:49 PM
Actually someone added the elements in that image, what Hippocrates, a physician, originally proposed, was 4 different body fluids that would influence the humours (because supposedly some people would have more of one specific fluid than the other fluids in the body), so no, that doesn't have anything to do with zodiac signs.

I don't know what is older, probably that what you said, but yes, it is legit division of Zodiac signs.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/a1/aa/c9a1aaa360f01010a3e1ff411ca29f43.jpg

farke1
07-22-2019, 08:52 PM
Nope. If someone can actually present an explanation as to why zodiac signs are of any importance, I would genuinely be willing to listen, no judgement here. But I've said this for years and nobody's ever been able to say anything beyond "this vague description somewhat resembles my personality so therefore it must be true", so I remain unconvinced.

pulstar
07-22-2019, 08:53 PM
No, but I like to laugh at those who do, so I pretend I'm interested.

Ayetooey
07-22-2019, 08:54 PM
No, we're all created unique and different from one another, the star constellation I was born under apparently does not define my personality.

The positions of the constellations are different now anyway and there's a 13th one called Ophiuchus, so none of our "star signs" are even accurate, something ignored by many.

Lazio
07-22-2019, 08:59 PM
it is legit division of Zodiac signs.

legit

Zodiac signs

legit
https://media2.giphy.com/media/9Vo3RrXKk9Z6mGzfyK/giphy.gif

Moje ime
07-22-2019, 09:00 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/9Vo3RrXKk9Z6mGzfyK/giphy.gif

:picard1:

Lazio
07-22-2019, 09:02 PM
:picard1:

But I got what you said... I just think that was a low move to add that in an image about a serious attempt of analysis of human behavioural patterns.

Moje ime
07-22-2019, 09:05 PM
But I got what you said... I just think that was a low move to add that in an image about a serious attempt of analysis of human behavioural patterns.

I just loved the image. :cheer_icoon:

PaleoEuropean
07-22-2019, 09:40 PM
I don't believe in horoscopes but Zodiac traits (probably caused by environmental effect on gestation) usually are pretty spot on in a lot of cases.

Celestia
07-22-2019, 10:03 PM
I take MBTI more serious than Zodiac signs

Morlak
07-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Nope and i want to shoot myself when i listen to girls talk about it in my school.

Carlito's Way
07-22-2019, 10:15 PM
I am an Aries, I also have Aries in my moon so that makes me the stereotypical Aries with a short temper, can easily get under your skin, child like behavior, loves arguing/drama, very high sex drive, impatient, easily bored etc LOL I think people here would definitely say I fit that description based on my behavior here

Aries Sun Aries Moon combination in a nutshell:

Positives: Responsible, visionary and intuitive;
Negatives: Contradictory, moody and egocentric;
Perfect partner: Someone who will challenge and keep them entertained;
Advice: They need to understand that their peers may not be as adventurous as them.

This one is so true, I like knowing I am the best a female has had, it's a boost to my ego :lol:
I can be very egocentric, sadly

"Competitive, the Aries Sun Aries Moon man wants to be the first at everything. He needs to be told he’s the love of his partner’s life and that he’s the most interesting person on Earth. Not that he won’t believe these things in his heart. Since he’s not intuitive or considerate, he’s the happiest when being told what others are feeling."

https://i.imgur.com/2rx3yxf.jpg

Carlito's Way
07-22-2019, 10:16 PM
I take MBTI more serious than Zodiac signs

sure, you are just upset because you are attracted to Aries men :cool: we got yoooo mind, homegurl!!!!

Westbrook
07-22-2019, 10:20 PM
Hippie bullshit and I can't believe people are still talking about this in the 21st century

Dorian
07-22-2019, 10:24 PM
It's a cognitive bias,If you by mistake had read another sign thinking you are it ,you'd still say "oh that's me,spot on" and that's because people do not really know themselves and this the reason they have to find it in zodiacs in the first place along with wishful thinking,most of it is written in a romanticized/palatable way so that even "negative" traits can be "owned"(the positive are shallowed with no 2nd thought of course) "huh oh yeah I can be vengeful If you hurt me xD(you don't say?)" and of course the reason that women are more susceptible to believing it.
And adding more planets adds to "client's" uniqueness as a back-up excuse of the "science".
Traits are on a spectrum and everchanging,MBTI is better but even with it ,it can be difficult to distinguish core/true personality with repressed/unaware of parts or parts that you think you know but don't.

Lazio
07-22-2019, 11:00 PM
It's a cognitive bias,If you by mistake had read another sign thinking you are it ,you'd still say "oh that's me,spot on" [...]
"Psychics" and scammers take advantage of naive people all the time. : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAnFbZQw1Jk

Centurion
07-23-2019, 01:05 AM
Yes. I think it definitely have influence over us. But I don't have time to develop tonight.

Celestia
07-23-2019, 02:06 AM
sure, you are just upset because you are attracted to Aries men :cool: we got yoooo mind, homegurl!!!!

Lmao Aries men make me want to love them and kill them at the same time

SilverKnight
07-23-2019, 02:24 AM
Yes

Im a Tauros moon in Cancer,

Asc in Cancer :)

Daco Celtic
07-23-2019, 02:55 AM
Nope

Dick
07-23-2019, 03:00 AM
No we get our personalities, traits from our parents or family in general who can be different zodiac signs

Duke
07-23-2019, 01:28 PM
i am Capricorn, and to be honest it is correct in in some things about my personality

Duke
07-23-2019, 01:30 PM
https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14307037_f520.jpg
https://www.erikthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/temperaments-1.png

there is a test for that, i got this https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

RenaRyuguu
10-12-2021, 02:16 PM
I think it's fairly accurate but not as super accurate as people think. Cuz the planets have moved since but I am unsure I have to check.

El_Jibaro
10-12-2021, 02:39 PM
No way.

Valkyrion
10-12-2021, 08:11 PM
Am I look like joke to you?

As Osho once said, only fictions have to be believed.

There's no single empirical evidence that support astrology, exactly same can be said for religion too.

There's countless good and beautiful things that this universe can offer us, so I don't know why many of us think that we need to believe in some superstitions to make living life meaningful and fulfilling.

Roy
10-13-2021, 10:20 PM
Yes.

Am I look like joke to you?

As Osho once said, only fictions have to be believed.

There's no single empirical evidence that support astrology, exactly same can be said for religion too.

There's countless good and beautiful things that this universe can offer us, so I don't know why many of us think that we need to believe in some superstitions to make living life meaningful and fulfilling.

In my case it is terrifyingly accurate nonetheless, I don't mean stupid 'newspaper astrology' though. But checking planets transits in any given moment or current aspects,and searching what it does or does not trying to ascribe events & your changing moods to it is an overkill already for me.

oszkar07
10-14-2021, 10:52 AM
Its not something I focus on too much because I dont want it to become a self limiting idea. Still I would say that there are some things in my chart that seem like they can be true.

Gallop
10-14-2021, 11:26 AM
I look at it from a distance and I certainly don't take it as a religion, you can't be a slave to these issues but sometimes it can be surprising.