PDA

View Full Version : FTDNA Autosomal bullshit

Kriptc06
10-06-2017, 01:47 PM
:picard1: Read these clusters description and tell me if it isn't bullshit to include mixed components as reference.

South America

"The South America cluster is found in present day Native populations who inhabit Cuba, the Caribbean islands, the regions south of Nicaragua, and as far south as Argentina and Chile.

Similar to populations in the North and Central America cluster, populations in the South American cluster are descendants of the Early Siberian populations who came across the Bering Land Bridge connecting North East Asia with Alaska roughly 15,000-23,000 years ago. These First Peoples of the Americas migrated south and splintered into two factions roughly 13,000 years ago. The first of these splintered factions stayed in the regions of North and Central Americait and the second splinter continued on to populate South America.

Although descendants of the original large game hunter-gatherer Clovis populations, South American populations quickly adapted to their region and relied on a diet heavy in fish, coastal foods, and crop products. Present day descendants of this cluster are representative of centuries of cultural diversity - from the Peruvian Incas to the small Amazonian tribes scattered throughout the rainforest.

Similar to the North and Central America cluster, Native populations within this cluster also fell victim to colonization. This Colonization in South America, however, did not occur over a great span of time as it did in the north. Rather, South America was colonized by Europeans rather quickly and many Native populations fell victim to European guns and germs. Similar still to the North and Central America cluster, due to high rates of European and African admixture from centuries of colonization and the Atlantic slave trade, it is quite rare for present day people to have a high percentage of origins from this cluster, even with documented family lineage. Testers within this cluster may have a percentage of genetic relatedness lower than expected."

South Central Africa

"The South Africa cluster consists of present day South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Angola, Zambia, and the southern half of the Democratic Republic of Congo. There are not adequate archaeological or oral remnants from populations in this region prior to the Common Era, and much is still unknown about the ancient hunter-gatherer tribes and wealthy states of earlier times. However, evidence of older populations have left their mark with the numerous examples of rock art spread throughout this region.

Populations in the South Africa cluster remained organized into smaller hunter-gatherer groups until influence from the Bantu expansion encouraged farming and iron working practices between 200-500 CE. The Bantu populations are a part of a shared language family that originated near the Nigeria/Cameroon border and subsequently spread east and south within Africa.

After the Bantu expansion reached South Africa, evidence of larger, semi-permanent farming communities can be seen by the 2nd half of the 1st millennium CE. This region remained largely isolated until the 8th century CE when Arab traders began focusing their efforts toward the western side of Africa via trade within the Zimbabwe Plateau. By the 11th – 15th centuries CE, these traders had established roughly three dozen new settlements in this region and had helped develop a common Swahili culture; thus it changed the existing social and economic organization.

It was within this timeframe (around the 13th – 15th century), that the development of the Great Zimbabwe began. The Great Zimbabwe is deemed one of the most impressive archaeological sites in all of Africa, and was one of South Africa’s earliest cities with a population numbering between 15,000 and 20,000 inhabitants. The Great Zimbabwe contained artifacts from trade with China, Persian cultures, Southwest Asia, and East African trading cities. The massive size of the structure is partly what makes it so impressive, in some areas measuring 36 feet (11 m) high, and with a width of 20 feet (6m).

Later colonization in Angola and Mozambique by the Portuguese and the Dutch (in the Cape of Good Hope), had both established settlements by the 17th – 18th centuries, thus adding to the genetic admixture of populations within this region."

Way to go, now It makes me think Rethel is even more right.

kingjohn
10-06-2017, 03:06 PM
it is a bad test but for people of jewish heritage like
me i am glad they have Sephardi reference
i think my own results are logic to what i know of my ancestors
that's why i put my results of my origins 2.0 in my signature and not other results from other tests
that don't have
Sephardi in there reference for me they are less precise results
having said that you are correct that they shouldn't include mixed clusters.....
adam

p.s
my heritage also used a mixed cluster who they called central American which is also very stupid idea

Rethel
10-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Way to go, now It makes me think Rethel is even more right.

:thumb001:

I have nothing to add - it speaks for itself what you pasted :)

Rethel
10-07-2017, 12:17 AM
Bump.