PDA

View Full Version : What is behind India’s obsession with skin whitening?

Crn Volk
10-10-2017, 01:05 AM
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/feminism/2016/01/dark-what-behind-india-s-obsession-skin-whitening

http://thandiekay.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/WhiteningIndia.jpg

In the dark: what is behind India’s obsession with skin whitening?

The advertising of skin whitening products has shifted from the downright offensive to the consciously discreet, but the range on offer keeps proliferating.

Growing up in South Asia, I would regularly find a particular beauty product on my grandmother’s dresser. It came in glossy pink packaging and was called “Fair & Lovely”. My grandmother must have been 50 when I first watched her carefully extracting the softly-perfumed white cream from the pink tube and gently massaging it onto her face. It was one of the earliest beauty products on the market that was meant to enhance fairness of complexion.

My grandmother is almost 70 now, and I still find mutilated tubes of the same “Fair & Lovely” in different compartments of her handbag. The colour of the packaging has changed from glossy pink to a sophisticated, and fitting, white, while my grandmother’s application of the product has evolved from just a face cream to a sun-block, lip balm, foot cream and all-purpose moisturiser. What has not changed, however, is the premise of the product’s marketing campaign, which still states that fairness of skin equates to loveliness of personality. Yet even after 20 years of Fair & Lovely usage, my grandmother’s face seems to have turned three shades darker.

The Indian fairness cream industry is worth around $450m. Fair & Lovely, marketed by the consumer goods behemoth Hindustan Unilever, has more than a 50 per cent share of the market. The BBC once reported that in South Asia more skin lightening creams are sold than bottles of Coca Cola. GIA market research has predicted that the global skin lightening industry will reach $10bn by 2015, led by the growth in India and China.

But fairness products are no longer targeted solely at women. In 2005, Fair & Lovely’s rival company launched India’s first fairness cream for men, interestingly titled “Fair and Handsome”. The marketing campaign suggested that men would no longer need to secretly use their sister’s fairness products. Fair and Handsome, endorsed by one of India’s most popular movie stars, was an immediate success.

Fairness products seem like such an obvious business model. Having whiter skin is aspirational for many. Or as the corporates would say, fairness of skin is a consumer want, and since markets are free, they will oblige and satisfy this burning demand with gracious supply.

What is the problem with skin lightening products, other than the offensive names and resulting addiction? The psychological and medical implications are much too evident to ignore. Young boys and girls with darker complexions grow up with lower self-confidence, which often impacts their personal and professional success. Several fairness products have reportedly been banned in countries including Ivory Coast and South Africa for having a high incidence of side effects – including the risk of skin cancer. I’ve heard horrifying stories of girls deliberately applying or injecting themselves with unregulated chemicals in a bid to appear a few shades lighter.

Nigerian pop musician Dencia launched a product called “Whitenicious” in 2014, which sold out immediately. She stated that getting a few shades lighter was a personal choice. That’s an argument repeated by every member of the fairness products industry. But the choice no longer remains personal when it has been subconsciously imposed by generations of social conditioning and has the potential to harm the physical and mental wellbeing of the very individual who champions its cause.

While I support freedom of trade, freedom of markets and freedom of every kind that I dare or dare not imagine, I am bothered by one question. Should the freedom to make money also extend to the freedom to exploit such societal prejudices and aggravate inequalities? Or should freedom come with some responsibility?

In 2014, India’s skin whitening industry shocked all when it launched a product called “Clean & Dry” that was intended to whiten a woman’s intimate parts. The advertisement, which naturally caused a furore, suggested that a woman would have a more fulfilling personal life if she chose to lighten more than just her face. The incident seemed to awaken the authorities. Later that year the Advertising Standards Council of India issued a memo ordering that any advertisement that “reinforces negative stereotypes based on colour” would effectively be banned.

The advertisement did go off air.

On my recent travels to India, I noticed that the advertising of fairness products had metamorphosed from the downright offensive to the consciously discreet. Yet the choice of products available seemed to have proliferated, as had the number of movie stars, female and male, willing to endorse them.

That’s right, my favourite movie stars – role models for millions and the unfortunate vanguards of culture.

Unlike my grandmother, they are paid unimaginable figures for these endorsements without necessarily ever using the products. I may not take my grandmother’s recommendation seriously, but when my favourite movie star suggests that I purchase a particular carbonated drink, I do. When he suggests I donate to earthquake victims, I do. And if he suggests I lighten my complexion, well…

TenaciousTopologist
10-10-2017, 01:50 AM
colonialism

Crn Volk
10-10-2017, 01:57 AM
colonialism

Perhaps, but the product is also very popular throughout Asia and other regions that were not colonies/under white rule.

StonyArabia
10-10-2017, 04:46 AM
light skin was associated with high class due to people being inside, well darker skin was for the farmers and such. However colonialism speeded it up

NSXD60
10-10-2017, 04:50 AM
Vedic ancestral pride?

zhaoyun
10-10-2017, 04:58 AM
colonialism

Pretty sure the preference for light skin predates colonialism though.

Óttar
10-10-2017, 05:03 AM
I also don't know whether it began with the British or back to the IE immigrants. I read somewhere that some Indians used to darken their skin with sesame oil before beauty-standards changed, but I think that source was "speculative" at best.

Fractal
10-10-2017, 05:14 AM
I also don't know whether it began with the British or back to the IE immigrants. I read somewhere that some Indians used to darken their skin with sesame oil before beauty-standards changed, but I think that source was "speculative" at best.

Neither. I believe it started with the Islamic/Arab invasions which predate the European and British invasions. Many Indians associate whiter skin with the middle east and europe and prefer darker brown skin.

StonyArabia
10-10-2017, 05:18 AM
Neither. I believe it started with the Islamic/Arab invasions which predate the European and British invasions. Many Indians associate whiter skin with the middle east and europe and prefer darker brown skin.

We only invaded Sindh and left, but most of the Muslim invaders in India were not Semitic but rather Turkic and Afghans who are lighter than us especially the first

Fractal
10-10-2017, 05:21 AM

Actually from what I've gathered a majority of Indians in the diaspora prefer brown skin since they do not want to be mistaken as Middle Easterners or Southern European greaseballs.

Fractal
10-10-2017, 05:28 AM
We only invaded Sindh and left, but most of the Muslim invaders in India were not Semitic but rather Turkic and Afghans who are lighter than us especially the first

Good point. It's only Northern Indians (Punjabis, Kashmiris, etc) as well as Pakistanis who cling to their "white" skin lol, I guess because they've bore the brunt of these invasions by Scythians, Greeks, Persians, etc

Most other Indians -west (Gujaratis, Marathis) or Central who have not are proud of their indigenous natural brown skin tone.

Arduti
10-10-2017, 05:30 AM
Grass is greener on the other side?

Same reason why white people artificially tan their skin?

Fractal
10-10-2017, 05:31 AM
Grass is greener on the other side?

Same reason why white people artificially tan their skin?

I don;t know any Indians who would want to be mistaken as a middle easterner which includes Jews like yourself. Hence which is why they'd prefer brown skin over white.

AphroditeWorshiper
10-10-2017, 05:33 AM
it come from the Indo Aryans who invade south asia, and become the rulers and high class of this place imo

and they had white/light skin, and the indigenous population had dark skin

Arduti
10-10-2017, 05:35 AM
I don;t know any Indians who would want to be mistaken as a middle easterner which includes Jews like yourself. Hence which is why they'd prefer brown skin over white.

My dad is white, and not a Jew, and I got his face, his complexion, his eye color.
I look pretty exotic for a Jew.
I wouldn't want to be darker or lighter than how I was Created.

lameduck
10-10-2017, 05:36 AM
I think more than pigmentation its features that define your preference , what happens is that veddoid features occur at relatively dark pigmentation and caucasoid on relatively light features , since caucasoid features are considered more desirable in current aesthetic ladder , the skin color associated with it become preference.

Also in South Asia "Gandomi"(wheatish) skin tone is also desired its associated with healthy tan because of working in fields.

Fractal
10-10-2017, 05:38 AM
it come from the Indo Aryans who invade south asia, and become the rulers and high class of this place imo

and they had white/light skin, and the indigenous population had dark skin

If this is the case then modern day Indians would worship whiter skinned Southern Europeans or Latin Americans - which they do not. Quite the opposite in fact, they despise both groups as lazy and unproductive.

Northern Indians (Punjabi Jatts) and Pakistanis will worship white skin due to them being admixed with Iranian, Greek, and Scythian invaders but not the rest of India.

Mingle
10-10-2017, 06:13 AM
They also fetishize the idea of having partial ancestry from lighter-skinned peoples. It's definitely not from the British, but probably internalized racism going back to ancient times. Also, this seems to be far more prevalent among North Indians (especially Punjabis) & Indic Muslims than other peoples.

Arduti
10-10-2017, 06:29 AM
They also fetishize the idea of having partial ancestry from lighter-skinned peoples. It's definitely not from the British, but probably internalized racism going back to ancient times. Also, this seems to be far more prevalent among North Indians (especially Punjabis) & Indic Muslims than other peoples.

You don't think whiteness is prized amongst Pashtuns?

Mingle
10-10-2017, 06:40 AM

It's probably viewed similarily among Pashtuns as it is among West Asians, Central Asians, or East Asians. Yeah, it is a significant attribute for sure, but it's not worshipped. Pashtuns don't either fetishize foreign ancestry of lighter folk like North Indics (especially North Indic Muslims) do.

Fractal
10-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Keep dreaming.Basically only PUnjabis and Indic Muslims. Most other Indians especially westies (Gujaratis and Marathis) want nothing to do with you Central Asians and Middle Easterners. In the USA, you're called a Taliban, kebab muncher and associated with Islamic terrorism.

Hindus are associated with Yoga, Hinduism, the IT industry,bindhis,sarees and other cultural icons.

Thankfully no one mistakes Indians for MENAs/Central Asians and vice versa.

lameduck
10-10-2017, 06:48 AM

well there is bit of Eurocentrism everywhere, this is because Europe has immense civilizational cushion over rest of world, and beauty ideals are defined by them.

Fractal
10-10-2017, 06:50 AM
My dad is white, and not a Jew, and I got his face, his complexion, his eye color.
I look pretty exotic for a Jew.
I wouldn't want to be darker or lighter than how I was Created.

That's great. Most Indians at least ones of my type do NOT want to be mistaken as Jews, middle easterners, Southern Europeans and other non-Indians. With white skin, combined with an Indic face its very possible we would.

Indians in the USA and Canada have "brown pride" while Indians in India whiten their skin due to the Bollywood film industry.

Punjabis and Pakistanis are the only South Asian groups I know of who worship white skin.

Arduti
10-10-2017, 06:59 AM
well there is bit of Eurocentrism everywhere, this is because Europe has immense civilizational cushion over rest of world, and beauty ideals are defined by them.

Perhaps that is so. Beauty standards in different places is not something I have looked into deeply.

I think it's common to overlook your own race and prefer something exotic though.

Arduti
10-10-2017, 07:00 AM
That's great. Most Indians at least ones of my type do NOT want to be mistaken as Jews, middle easterners, Southern Europeans and other non-Indians. With white skin, combined with an Indic face its very possible we would.

Indians in the USA and Canada have "brown pride" while Indians in India whiten their skin due to the Bollywood film industry.

Punjabis and Pakistanis are the only South Asian groups I know of who worship white skin.

Your supremacy arguments are monotone and boring.

Chev Chelios
10-10-2017, 08:02 AM
Keep dreaming.Basically only PUnjabis and Indic Muslims. Most other Indians especially westies (Gujaratis and Marathis) want nothing to do with you Central Asians and Middle Easterners. In the USA, you're called a Taliban, kebab muncher and associated with Islamic terrorism.

Hindus are associated with Yoga, Hinduism, the IT industry,bindhis,sarees and other cultural icons.

Thankfully no one mistakes Indians for MENAs/Central Asians and vice versa.

Thanks to your Australoid and Onge admixture which is visible in your Indian faces. Don't you agree?

Fractal
10-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Thanks to your Australoid and Onge admixture which is visible in your Indian faces. Don't you agree?

It has nothing to do with the looks and more with personality. Indians in the USA and Canada if anyone are more similar to Northern Europeans in behavior than Southerners and Slavs. Reserved, quiet, less emotional, mathematical/logical, etc

But by the way neither of those are present in Indians at least not caste Indians- perhaps tribals from South India.

Antimage
10-10-2017, 08:10 AM
If it's because of colonialism, how do you explain wihte peoples' obsession with tanning?

Fractal
10-10-2017, 08:14 AM
If it's because of colonialism, what is your explanation for white peoples' obsession with tanning?

Not in the USA because dark skinned Indians actually get more respect here than southern european wogs and middle easterners, and even Slavs.

From professional highly educated Whites - which excludes Americans on this website.

Fractal
10-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Why would dark skinned Hindus want to whiten their skin when they are highly respected by professional, highly educated wealthy Whites in the USA (which obviously excludes ones on this forum)?

turbosat
10-10-2017, 08:22 AM

Gujratis are more into worshipping cow piss, and cow dung as well as a filthy river.

Arduti
10-10-2017, 08:23 AM
White people tan because they think it makes them look thinner and more active, i.e. not hermits sitting inside their homes (like me)

And, people who were truly superior, racially or otherwise, don't need to shout it from the rooftops. It would simply be evident.

Antimage
10-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Does the phenomenon of Asian women desiring lighter skin predate contact with 'white people'?

Well, for example, in the Tale of Genji, which is from 11th century Japan, long before European influence or even European trade, pale, ephemeral white skinned women were described as beauties. Compare this with contemporary descriptions of common folk or the ugly, who are dark skinned.

Even longer ago, during the Nara Period (8th century Japan), court ladies would use cosmetics (techniques of which were imported from China, where the white skin craze was well underway) made from rice powder, lead, and even exotic ones made of bird droppings. All in the pursuit of white skin, especially the face.

The easiest frame to see the white skin beauty in is probably the world renown geisha, which definitely predated Western influences and entry to the country.

During the Ming Dynasty, Chinese women with great white skin were often referred to as 'jade white', and of course, there were many 'products' that enterprising young ladies could buy to help them achieve such great skin. Everything from creams, powders, special exotic medicines, even massages, and of course, food. To this day, Three White Soup (三白湯) is still sold as an effective, natural way to turn your skin whiter, healthier, and more robust. Traditionally it is made with white peony root, white poria, and atractylodes.

any of the various regions in East and South East Asia had their values of beauty heavily influenced by China, because of the heavy connection between skin tone and class and general cultural diffusion by the most culturally dominant force in the region. This class distinction was not only used to differentiate within one kingdom, but outside of it as well. 'Lesser' kingdoms were often described as darker skinned, among other things.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/49p5aw/does_the_phenomenon_of_asian_women_desiring/

Fractal
10-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Gujratis are more into worshipping cow piss, and cow dung as well as a filthy river.

For the record I'm California born and bred. The only thing I've seen Gujaratis worship here are BMWs, Mercedes, money,more money, and NFL football.

I actually find it embarassing (hence my avatar to mock it) and wish they'd be content with owning a 7-11 or driving a taxi like you Punjabis.

Purohit ji
10-10-2017, 08:46 AM

indians have their own look thats neither austreloid nor middle east. indians anceint people as old as european

Fractal
10-10-2017, 09:08 AM
indians have their own look thats neither austreloid nor middle east. indians anceint people as old as european

Agreed. But I'd say older than Europeans.

turbosat
10-10-2017, 09:38 AM
For the record I'm California born and bred. The only thing I've seen Gujaratis worship here are BMWs, Mercedes, money,more money, and NFL football.

I actually find it embarassing (hence my avatar to mock it) and wish they'd be content with owning a 7-11 or driving a taxi like you Punjabis.

I dont believe you. I think you are lying.

Fractal
10-10-2017, 02:07 PM
I dont believe you. I think you are lying.

Go worship Afghans and Persians like most Punjabis and Pakistanis do. I do not care what you believe, Mr. 7-11 owner.

Fedora
10-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Because light skinned women look better, It's universal thing. For example Black men prefer lighter skinned black women too

wvwvw
10-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Self-hatred, OWD and complexes are behind, and awareness of their ugliness.

No 1 advice for pregnant Indian women is "Foods To Eat During Pregnancy To Get A Fair Baby"

And let's not forget those white-Indian breeding parties

turbosat
10-11-2017, 07:11 AM
Go worship Afghans and Persians like most Punjabis and Pakistanis do. I do not care what you believe, Mr. 7-11 owner.

Go worship cows, cow dung and cow piss like most Patels do, Mr Cockroach-Motel owner.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Go worship cows, cow dung and cow piss like most Patels do, Mr Cockroach-Motel owner.

Sorry to burst your bubble there Gurpreet but my family doesn't own motels, they own hotels where the average room rate is $200 a night, one of which is located near a large football stadium and several in Moline, Illinois - on the utskirts of Chicago.

My uncle basically uses your dad for cab rides and I use him for slurpees. Now go worship the feet of Afghans and Persians your gods .

turbosat
10-11-2017, 07:23 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble there Gurpreet but my family doesn't own motels, they own hotels where the average room rate is $200 a night, one of which is located near a large football stadium and several in Moline, Illinois - on the utskirts of Chicago.

My uncle basically uses your dad for cab rides and I use him for slurpees. Now go worship the feet of Afghans and Persians your gods .

sure Pudu, just like your uncle owned a chain of hotels hotels back in Gujrat. Now go worship a holy cow at any nearby farm.

turbosat
10-11-2017, 07:25 AM

sure Pudu, just like your uncle owned a chain of hotels hotels back in Gujrat. Now go worship a holy cow at any nearby farm.

and dont forget to pray to some stones in the holy cow field.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 07:25 AM

Eh, I actually think owning 7-11s like your uncle is less risky and more manageable than owning hotels like us Gujaratis. Anyways, make me a Pina Colada slurpee or I take over your business and send them back to Punjab.

turbosat
10-11-2017, 07:28 AM
Eh, I actually think owning 7-11s like your uncle is less risky than owning hotels like us Gujaratis. Anyways, make me a Pina Colada slurpee or I take over your business and deport your family back to Punjab.

OK deport my family back to Punjab but before doing that pray to your rock god.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 07:33 AM
OK deport my family back to Punjab but before doing that pray to your rock god.

Guru Nanak was originally a Hindu, do you know that? One could say he was a Hindu reformer.

turbosat
10-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Guru Nanak was originally a Hindu, do you know that? One could say he was a Hindu reformer.

I dont care what he was originally, he was nothing to do with a Patel. Do you know that 70% to 80% (my estimate) of Patels are Dalit-Kanbi originally i.e. not Hindu originally but Adivasi tribal origin

Fractal
10-11-2017, 07:57 AM
I dont care what he was originally. Do you know that 70% to 80% (my estimate) of Patels are Dalit-Kanbi originally i.e. not Hindu originally but Adivasi tribal origin

That's obvious bullshit. I was just at a Patel convention/wedding and there were many Gujarati Rajput families attending as well, among them close friends of my relatives. You can hardly distinguish between the two groups.

And in regards to Guru Nanak: my point is Sikhism isn't anything original. It's just a reformation of Hinduism. Now where is my slurpee?

turbosat
10-11-2017, 08:18 AM
That's obvious bullshit. I was just at a Patel convention/wedding and there were many Gujarati Rajput families attending as well, among them close friends of my relatives. You can hardly distinguish between the two groups.

And in regards to Guru Nanak: my point is Sikhism isn't anything original. It's just a reformation of Hinduism. Now where is my slurpee?

Next you will say your grandfather named Genabhai Dargabhai Patel originally invented Hinduism, but majority of Patels are descended from Dalit-Kanbis, i.e. descended from people who had nothing to do with Hindusim.

Your uncle will buy you a slurpee after you finish cleaning up all the rooms in Cockroach-Motel.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Next you will say your grandfather named Genabhai Dargabhai Patel originally invented Hinduism, but majority of Patels are descended from Dalit-Kanbis, i.e. descended from people who had nothing to do with Hindusim.

Your uncle will buy you a slurpee after you finish cleaning up all the rooms in Cockroach-Motel.

hahah okay, keep coping there Mr. 7-11 owner. Leuva Surti Patels (my specific clan) are not at all related to Dalits, in fact we're Kshatriyas. The closest Gujaratis to Patidars in the USA are Rajputs and Brahmins (Joshis, Trivedis, Bhatts) in terms of communal interaction, who don't see Patels as a lower caste but actually one of the highest in Gujarat. All of the Gujaratis who attend the same Hindu temples as us are form these clans, and many of them intermarry with Patels.

And sorry but I doubt you'd be able to afford the rates at any of my family's hotels here in California.

I'm not here to debate you, just want my Pina Colada slurpee.

Vyasa
10-11-2017, 08:25 AM
hahah okay, keep coping there Mr. 7-11 owner. Leuvas (my specific clan) are not at all related to dalits, in fact we're Kshatriyas. The closest Gujaratis to Patidars in the USA are Rajputs and Brahmins (Joshi, Trivedis, Bhatts) in terms of communal interaction, who don't see Patels as a lower caste but actually one of the highest in Gujarat. Also, I've never even heard anyone discuss caste, period.

And sorry but I doubt you'd be able to afford the rates at any of my family's hotels here in California.

I just get the coke slurpee

Fractal
10-11-2017, 08:29 AM
I just get the coke slurpee

Coke is a good flavor too but lately I've been getting Pina Colada.

turbosat
10-11-2017, 08:45 AM
hahah okay, keep coping there Mr. 7-11 owner. Leuvas (my specific clan) are not at all related to dalits, in fact we're Kshatriyas. The closest Gujaratis to Patidars in the USA are Rajputs and Brahmins in terms of communal interaction, who don't see Patels as a lower caste but actually one of the highest in Gujarat. Also, I've never even heard anyone discuss caste, period.

Next you will say Afghans under Abdali were afraid to enter Gujrat due to your (make belief) Kshatriya ancestors.

You spend too much time posting here. Dont forget you have to wash all the dirty bedsheets after cleaning up all the rooms in your uncle's Cockroach-Motel.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Next you will say Afghans under Abdali were afraid to enter Gujrat due to your (make belief) Kshatriya ancestors.

You spend too much time posting here. Dont forget you have to wash all the dirty bedsheets after cleaning up all the rooms in your uncle's Cockroach-Motel.

As I said before, Mr. 7-11 owner, I'm not here to debate you. When you're done replying to me you and your friend Magnus can go make me a Pina Colada Slurpee.

Until then get lost. I'm very sure all the Gujarati Brahmins that are close with my family (Joshis, Trivedis, Bhatts) and Rajputs would side with you on whatever little issue you have with Patels.

turbosat
10-11-2017, 09:33 AM
As I said before, Mr. 7-11 owner, I'm not here to debate you. When you're done replying to me you and your friend Magnus can go make me a Pina Colada Slurpee.

Until then get lost. I'm very sure all the Gujarati Brahmins that are close with my family (Joshis, Trivedis, Bhatts) and Rajputs would side with you on whatever little issue you have with Patels.

OK, Mr Genabhai Dargabhai Patel is close to Gujarati Brahmins and Rajputs who would never side with me. I am fine with that.

Now go and clean the rooms in Cockroach-Motel, and dont rush it.

Fractal
10-11-2017, 09:40 AM
OK, Mr Genabhai Dargabhai Patel is close to Gujarati Brahmins and Rajputs who would never side with me. I am fine with that.

Now go and clean the rooms in Cockroach-Motel, and dont rush it.

Yes Mr. Gurpreet Jaswinder 7-11 Owner Singh. Holiday Inns are definitely known as Cockroach-Motels :rotfl:

MagnusAurelius
10-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Self-hatred, OWD and complexes are behind, and awareness of their ugliness.

No 1 advice for pregnant Indian women is "Foods To Eat During Pregnancy To Get A Fair Baby"

And let's not forget those white-Indian breeding parties

https://archive.is/hB8bB Yes the discreet breeding parties in high class circles in major Indian cities in Mansions. Orgies of big white men in mansions banging women, I knew a guy who went to one. Most of the women who go to them go for fun and not to get pregnant he told me, some do though. Some Indians could be the result of these Breeding parties but they will never know and they will always be told they are Indian. Knowledge of this happening will cause great controversy in Indian society, he told me no one is allowed to film or take pictures and you have to leave your electronic devices outside the big room where it all takes place. I would call these big rooms racial purification breeding halls.

https://i.imgur.com/FMUgrc2.jpg This odd woman looks like a foreigner but she isn't, she could very well be the result of a Indian breeding party Orgy.

Crn Volk
10-13-2017, 04:38 AM
I think Fractal uses the whitening cream

Decius
10-13-2017, 04:40 AM
Because they are brown and want to look more White Aryan but they will never be

Decius
10-13-2017, 04:44 AM
I think Fractal uses the whitening cream

Hes probably crying right now and wishing he was a white racial aryan but hes an australoid gracile indic sperm

Ashanti
10-13-2017, 04:48 AM
It's cringeworthy when people blame this on colonialism, this has been happening centuries before they even knew Europeans existed.

Pahli
10-13-2017, 04:49 AM
https://i.imgur.com/fQRIQCR.jpg

shows bobs and vagene

Crn Volk
10-13-2017, 04:52 AM
It's cringeworthy when people blame this on colonialism, this has been happening centuries before they even knew Europeans existed.

There was whitening cream before 320 B.C?

Ashanti
10-13-2017, 04:53 AM
There was whitening cream before 320 B.C?

Add or take a few. Natural mixtures, not chemicals.

NSXD60
10-13-2017, 05:03 AM
There was chalk.

adsız
10-13-2017, 01:40 PM
Pretty sure the preference for light skin predates colonialism though.

Right. Traditional theater players also cover their face with white paint. I had a chance to watch one.

https://previews.123rf.com/images/qifi/qifi1011/qifi101100081/8161139-CHENGDU-MAY-23-Suzhou-Kunqu-Opera-Theater-of-china-perform-The-Peony-Pavilion-at-Golden-theater-May--Stock-Photo.jpg

kkbeauty
03-11-2023, 02:51 AM
I usually think that white people are not quite interested in skin whitening because they are 'white' enough. Maybe that's why I don't see too many products of this kind in the USA. And as for black people, normal skin white cream won't make too much different, unless they try strong formula; but I think that would be wired as this is just like bleaching. So, such kind of skin whitening cream (https://www.angelepoch.com/products/30g-skin-whitening-cream-for-face-body) may only be suitable for yellow people - most from Asia.

Marshall Theodore
03-11-2023, 03:08 AM
Because they understand white race is the most attractive and try to assimilate with them.

rajputprincess
03-11-2023, 05:52 AM
Because they understand white race is the most attractive and try to assimilate with them.Do only white people have light skin?
Most woman in my father side have light skin and genuinely people bully you if you are too pale most European without fake tanning would be in too pale category.
I literally know a girl who used to get bullied for being too pale.

Sent from my Redmi Y3 using Tapatalk

Mortimer
03-11-2023, 08:11 AM
Do only white people have light skin?
Most woman in my father side have light skin and genuinely people bully you if you are too pale most European without fake tanning would be in too pale category.

I think light skin =/= "white race" even japanese paint their faces with white cream or paint as the geishas for example, they paint their faces with white paint. I dont think light skin preference means you want to be european.

Marshall Theodore
03-11-2023, 12:36 PM
Do only white people have light skin?

I do.

Pale skin is the epitome of atractiveness.

Mortimer
03-11-2023, 12:39 PM
I do.

Pale skin is the epitome of atractiveness.

I think skin flaws and illnesses are easier visible on pale skin. Like moles, birth marks, even acne etc. I think very dark black skin, is very attractive too.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/9a/e5/2d/9ae52d408efb82df424bc8cd00bd6173.jpg

Adriaticia
03-11-2023, 06:13 PM
To be white is open a doors in europe

Jingle Bell
03-11-2023, 06:16 PM
Anglo Colonialism and Sintashta Elite? If im not wrong the Indo-Aryan were the ones which introduced the caste system.