PDA

View Full Version : The World’s Shortest IQ Test. Can you answer these 3 questions?

wvwvw
10-13-2017, 03:52 AM
Can YOU Pass the World's Shortest IQ Test?
Three questions can reveal if you have above average intelligence (but it's much harder than it looks)

Daily Mail
October 12, 2017

Getting into Mensa involves taking a test with dozens of questions, but apparently, there’s an easier way to check if you have superior IQ.

The Cognitive Reflection Test is the world’s shortest IQ assessment and contains just three questions, which appear relatively simple at first glance.

Published in 2005 in the Journal of Economic Perspectives, the test has resurfaced online following US Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson’s challenge to Donald Trump to ‘compare IQ tests’ after reports he called the president ‘a moron’.

The rapid test would be an ideal option for two such busy men to settle their dispute as it contains just three questions.

However, the test is, in fact, a lot more tricky than it looks and the proof of a high intellect is realising this and working out the answers accordingly.

Scroll down to take the test and find out if you have above average intelligence.

THE COGNITIVE REFLECTION TEST

1. A bat and a ball cost £1.10 in total. The bat costs £1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

2. If it takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

Read the Whole Article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4969756/Can-pass-world-s-shortest-IQ-test.html

Jennifer
10-13-2017, 03:58 AM
1. 0.05

2. 5 minutes.

3. 47 days

Did I miss something? It doesn't seem hard.

slavic_guy
03-24-2020, 08:55 PM
1. 0.10$
2. 5 minutes
3. 47 days

slavic_guy
03-24-2020, 08:57 PM
i feel like i got no.1 wrong, since 0.10$ is the obvious answer, so it couldnt be that easy

pajkosbalna
03-24-2020, 09:13 PM
5 mins

Mr.G
03-24-2020, 09:26 PM
i feel like i got no.1 wrong, since 0.10$ is the obvious answer, so it couldnt be that easy

Answer:
Bat costs $1.05

Bat is $1.00 more than ball

Therefore ball = .05 for a total of $1.10.

pulstar
03-24-2020, 09:27 PM
No, I can't. Too hard.

Kess
03-24-2020, 09:29 PM
This is old and I don't think it gives any valuable data in terms of iq

The Blade
03-24-2020, 09:34 PM
1. Bat costs 1,05 £ and the ball 0,05 £.
2. 5 minutes.
3. 47 days.

Kess
03-24-2020, 09:35 PM

X+(X+1.00)=1.10
2X+1.00=1.10
2x=10
x=05

PaleoEuropean
03-24-2020, 11:21 PM
1. Firetruck
2. Gumby's horse
5. A fluffy cat

JamesBond007
03-24-2020, 11:26 PM
This is old and I don't think it gives any valuable data in terms of iq

There was only one legit IQ test online but it is no longer available. It was the JCTI cerebrals test of induction and it was only legit in the sense of the Raven Progressive Matrices which is a pretty good benchmark. It was not like the full scale WAIS etc.. as that is necessarily contaminated with cultural factors. I scored in the superior range.

P.S. the test was around 50 questions long and the questions were not static they adapted to your answers to be more precise. No way a 3 question test is going to be as good.

Kess
03-24-2020, 11:41 PM
There was only one legit IQ test online but it is no longer available. It was the JCTI cerebrals test of induction and it was only legit in the sense of the Raven Progressive Matrices which is a pretty good benchmark. It was not like the full scale WAIS etc.. as that is necessarily contaminated with cultural factors. I scored in the superior range.

P.S. the test was around 50 questions long and the questions were not static they adapted to your answers to be more precise. No way a 3 question test is going to be as good.

Only IQ tests that can be counted as legit are the ones you should go to a specific place to take and those tests should be assessed by a psychologist

JamesBond007
03-24-2020, 11:54 PM
Only IQ tests that can be counted as legit are the ones you should go to a specific place to take and those tests should be assessed by a psychologist

That is quite the authoritarian statement. Two can play the authoritarian game. The JCTI Cerebrals test of induction was designed by a French psychometrician/psychologist. I would argue that psychologists can be biased so computer based IQ tests are superior especially if they are combined with AI. The JCTI was not combined with AI but that does not make it not legitimate. The only possible counter argument is that you can cheat but that was not possible since the questions changed and you could not answer them with anything external like a calculator or google since they the questions were like the Raven Progressive matrices that would be impossible. The only way you could slightly cheat was to take the test too often but it told you how often you the frequency you could take it without cheating so if you took it too frequently you only cheating yourself.

The French psychologist who designed the JCTI cerebrals test of induction name is Xavier Jouve (a PhD psychologist)

http://isi-s.iqsociety.org/hmem8.htm

Red Pill
03-30-2020, 03:06 PM
0.05, 5 min, 47 days. It reminds me those kid tests like: 'what does it weight more, a kg of straw or a kg or lead?' lol