10-18-2017, 05:27 PM
I thought it's Nerdics vs Greeks.
But Nerdic is synonymus with geek.

DarknessWin
10-18-2017, 05:36 PM
wtf is this shit???

SexyLionMan
11-24-2018, 12:40 PM
I would say neither they’re at the bottom of society the most perfect people are those who are handsome, brave, intelligent and charismatic unlike the majority that post on here all day.

Peterski
11-24-2018, 12:50 PM
I thought it's Nerdics vs Greeks.
But Nerdic is synonymus with geek.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?268493-Nords-vs-Greeks

Jacques de Imbelloni
11-24-2018, 01:11 PM
Nerds are intelligent people gift for ciences, geeks are just edgy snobs over obsessed by some niche of pop culture.
I hate people that defined themselves by what they consume, doing it its vapid and devoid of any real deep political ideology.

LawrenceMartinez
11-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Both are fags

Wrong
11-24-2018, 01:15 PM
Both are SJW

Jacques de Imbelloni
11-24-2018, 01:36 PM
Both are SJW
Not necessarily, nerds follows cientifics facts, they are more drive for empirical information, and not very keen of post modernist cultural relativism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tcbOJuB-pc

Marinus
11-24-2018, 01:48 PM
Nerds may not be too pleasant to be around but they end up being indispensable to society, given enough time to develop.

Geeks are unlikeable nerds minus their intelligence/skillset who try desperately to be trendy, complete faggots.

CrazyDaisy
11-24-2018, 11:08 PM
Nerds are intelligent people gift for ciences, geeks are just edgy snobs over obsessed by some niche of pop culture.
I hate people that defined themselves by what they consume, doing it its vapid and devoid of any real deep political ideology.
Yeah geeks really bug me. I prefer the nerds. I’d say my interests are more in line with nerd interests minus larping and shit. I’d say larping is worse than most geek interests. I also like non-geek and nerd shit.

Dandelion
11-24-2018, 11:23 PM
Peterski voting 'other' is a hipster, I bet. Some other voting 'other' are jocks, but I know he isn't one. He's too intellectual to be a jock.

Dandelion
11-24-2018, 11:28 PM
Yeah geeks really bug me. I prefer the nerds. I’d say my interests are more in line with nerd interests minus larping and shit. I’d say larping is worse than most geek interests. I also like non-geek and nerd shit.

Geeks also annoyingly pick up on trends that aren't theirs. For instance, you are a feminist hipster girl, and your subgroup decided one day to paint your hair blue and wear thick-rimmed glasses. A few months later (they're slow at it still), the geeks start doing the same. It's subcultural appropriation!

CrazyDaisy
11-24-2018, 11:33 PM
Geeks also annoyingly pick up on trends that aren't theirs. For instance, you are a feminist hipster girl, and your subgroup decided one day to paint your hair blue and wear thick-rimmed glasses. A few months later (they slow at it still), the geeks start doing the same. It's subcultural appropriation!
Subcultural appropriation sucks. Right now I just have brown hair and thin rimmed glasses. So maybe I’m appropriating the nerds.

Tauromachos
11-25-2018, 10:50 AM
I misread the thread's title Nerds vs Greeks

Yeah i did the same

Would be interesting comparison by the way

Peterski
11-25-2018, 10:52 AM
Peterski voting 'other' is a hipster, I bet. Some other voting 'other' are jocks, but I know he isn't one. He's too intellectual to be a jock.

No, I voted 'other' because Poland does not have subcultures like 'nerds' or 'geeks'. Apparently not even in youngest generations. I just asked my cousin who is in middle school about nerds and geeks. He doesn't know what a 'geek' means and about nerds he answered: 'nerds are people who spend all the time in front of the computer or phone, literally all the time'. So we have different definitions here.

And actually I just don't really identify with any subculture. I guess I'm a subculturally bland person.

What makes you a nerd and why do you feel the need to have such identity? Is nerding your hobby?

Someone who likes learning is not called a nerd, but a kujon or a bocian (stork) here. But there is no kujon subculture.

Bocian has a meaning closer to dork than nerd I guess.

Subcultural appropriation sucks.

But you expect the whole world to be familiar with (= to appropriate) your "Western" subcultures, why?

Where I live a 'nerd' just means someone addicted to spending time in front of the computer.

Kivan
11-25-2018, 10:53 AM
I misread the thread's title Nerds vs Greeks

Same here.

Peterski
11-25-2018, 10:54 AM
Same here.

I misread it as Nords vs Greeks:

Tauromachos
11-25-2018, 10:56 AM
I misread it as Nords vs Greeks:

Lol why not Poles vs Greek

Peterski
11-25-2018, 11:11 AM
I’d say my interests are more in line with nerd interests

What are nerd interests or geek interests?

As I said there are no such subcultures here.

And if a nerd = someone intellectually curious, then you can't make a subculture out of it, because there are so many different types of interests.

It is such a stupidly broad category that "nerd subculture" is like "subculture of people with two eyes".

Root
11-25-2018, 11:41 AM
Yeah i did the same

Would be interesting comparison by the way

Same here.

yup, take a look at the post "Nords vs Greeks" left by Peterski.. he`s more creative than anyone :D

Mr. Anybody
11-25-2018, 12:03 PM
Absolutely nerds. Nerds are intelligent, hardworking so they are gift for science(especially for positive science). The world without nerds = stone age imo.

Greeks are just greeks.. they constantly praises their history to the skies, exaggerates themselves and they are proud of nothing.

Nerds.

Dandelion
11-25-2018, 04:48 PM
No, I voted 'other' because Poland does not have subcultures like 'nerds' or 'geeks'. Apparently not even in youngest generations. I just asked my cousin who is in middle school about nerds and geeks. He doesn't know what a 'geek' means and about nerds he answered: 'nerds are people who spend all the time in front of the computer or phone, literally all the time'. So we have different definitions here.

And actually I just don't really identify with any subculture. I guess I'm a subculturally bland person.

What makes you a nerd and why do you feel the need to have such identity? Is nerding your hobby?

To be honest, I just picked what fits the most of both categories. And about your subculture, I guess you are. I can name one Polish subculture at least and you don't belong to those, though you are patriotic about their existence as a unique Polish phenomenon, the dresy a.k.a. dresiarze a.k.a. blockers.

Ülev
11-25-2018, 04:52 PM
To be honest, I just picked what fits the most of both categories. And about your subculture, I guess you are. I can name one Polish subculture at least and you don't belong to those, though you are patriotic about their existence as a unique Polish phenomenon, the dresy a.k.a. dresiarze a.k.a. blockers.

https://youtu.be/8sZpNybt6jQ