PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives Top, SDP in Decline

The Ripper
12-30-2010, 03:11 PM
The latest YLE-commissioned poll shows voter backing for the conservative National Coalition Party at 21.2%, the highest for any political grouping. It also indicates that support for the Social Democratic Party has continued to fall, while support for the True Finns Party is still rising.

Although moving upwards, backing among voters for the True Finns is showing signs of levelling off. The YLE December poll registered 15.3% support for the party, up by 0.4 percentage points since November.
The popularity of the True Finns has been on a steady rise since February, when it stood at 6.3%.

The conservative National Coalition continues to be the single most popular party at 21.2%, followed by the Centre Party at 18.8% and the Social Democratic Party at 18.1%.

Losses among some smaller parties

The Green League was found to be gaining some ground, gleaning the support of 9.5% of those interviewed for the voter survey, up by 0.4 percentage points since November. The Left Alliance was at 8.1%, a gain of 0.2 percentage points.

The largest changes were for the Christian League, whose support fell from 4.5% to 3.8% with a month, and for the Swedish People's Party which saw voter backing decline from 4.0% to 3.4%.

Realignment

The year just ending has seen a realignment of the balance of voter support for the nation's political parties.

In February, support for the True Finns was just over 6%, by July that had risen to 10% and now in this December poll, it was at over 15%. In the last Parliamentary elections, the party won 4% of the vote.

Growing support for the True Finns has eaten away at backing for the three largest parties. In recent months, the opposition Social Democratic Party has experienced a decline of 3 percentage points and is now at an all-time low.
The Prime Minister's party, the Centre, saw a dip in support during the early autumn, but recovered and bypassed the SDP. In December, its lead grew.
The conservative National Coalition has dominated the polls during the whole period of the present Parliament, but its lead over the Centre Party has narrowed to only around 2 percentage points.

Parliamentary elections are just under four months away, but the formal campaign has yet to start.

On the basis of current politic trends and the political atmosphere, it is expected that post-election talks on government formation will be difficult. Observers are already describing the upcoming vote as a "protest election".

The YLE domestic news service poll was conducted by Taloustutkimus that interviewed 2423 voters between December 8th and 29th. The margin of error for the results is 1.7 percentage points.

YLE

http://www.yle.fi/uutiset/news/2010/12/conservatives_top_sdp_in_decline_2254757.html

I know already by now that these will be the most interesting elections so far I'll take part in. And the panic, oh the panic, among the established parties, the multiculturalists and globalists, the press and professional opinion formers, it is out-right tangible. ;)

Eldritch
12-30-2010, 04:56 PM
The smear campaign against the True Finns will reach historical proportions.

I expect our beloved Moomin-Mamma's New Year's address to the nation to kickstart it, and it'll intensify from there till the election.

The Ripper
12-30-2010, 06:19 PM
The smear campaign against the True Finns will reach historical proportions.

I expect our beloved Moomin-Mamma's New Year's address to the nation to kickstart it, and it'll intensify from there till the election.

I wonder, will it be epic? Anti-racist "popular gatherings" with Apu-Hanna reciting poetry? :p

Eldritch
12-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Didn't Abu-Pabu already move to the Netherlands, to suffer from Dutch racism and discrimination for a change?