PDA

View Full Version : Which one is darker overall? Germans or Brits?

Serbian Lady
10-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Which one is darker overall? Germans or Brits?

PostOak1
10-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Swabians or North Germans? East Anglians or Welsh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DarknessWin
10-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Brits have Mediterranean mix while Germans have not

PostOak1
10-23-2017, 11:34 PM
Brits have Mediterranean mix while Germans have not

Germans in southern Germany do have a Mediterranean mix. Modern day Alsace, Switzerland, Baden-Wurtemburg, And parts of Bavaria and Austria were behind Roman lines. After the Roman Empire collapsed, the German tribes came in and took over as the elite class. They made German the lingua franca. This dialect of German became known as Alemannic. Most of the pre American Revolution War German settlers came from this part of Germany. Benjamin Franklin did not like them because they were dark and swarthy unlike the Germanic Saxons from England

Iloko
10-23-2017, 11:38 PM
About the same, difference being Brits' skin tone has more of a 'sandy' type of look to it, whilst Germans' skin tone is more milky looking.

Smeagol
10-23-2017, 11:44 PM
Germans.

DarknessWin
10-23-2017, 11:45 PM
Germans in southern Germany do have a Mediterranean mix. Modern day Alsace, Switzerland, Baden-Wurtemburg, And parts of Bavaria and Austria were behind Roman lines. After the Roman Empire collapsed, the German tribes came in and took over as the elite class. They made German the lingua franca. This dialect of German became known as Alemannic. Most of the pre American Revolution War German settlers came from this part of Germany. Benjamin Franklin did not like them because they were dark and swarthy unlike the Germanic Saxons from England

https://i.imgur.com/p8lVAKE.gif

PostOak1
10-23-2017, 11:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/p8lVAKE.gif

Germans have a higher Dinaric admixture which is darker toned too

Dick
10-23-2017, 11:51 PM
This video shows Germans from different regions

https://youtu.be/x6MDNuQ6-1k

"And you comrade, where are you from?" - "From Friesland"
"And you comrade?" - "From Bavaria"
"And you?" - "From the Kaiserstuhl (in the southwest of Baden-Wuerttemberg)
"And you?" - "From Pomerania"
"And from Koenigsberg (nowadays Калининград)"
"From Silesia"
"From the "Waterkant" (german coast of the North Sea)"
"From the Black Forest"
"From Dresden"
"From the Danube (the swabian part)"
"From the Rhine"
"And from the Saar"

Septentrion
01-25-2021, 01:13 AM
About the same, difference being Brits' skin tone has more of a 'sandy' type of look to it, whilst Germans' skin tone is more milky looking.

The British and Irish have as a whole are lighter - skinned than Germans and any other continental Europeans! They are fairest - skinned Europeans, especially those of stronger Celtic descent who tend to be more freckly and have the least tanning ability of Europeans. The European groups close to the British/Irish in terms of complexion are Scandinavians and Balts not Germans! “Sandy type”, my foot!

Pietro97
01-25-2021, 03:19 AM
Germany

because of the turkish mixture

Davy Jones's Locker
01-29-2021, 10:54 AM
Germany

I think this topic is about people native to Britain or Germany rather than those of an immigrant background.

PaleoEuropean
01-29-2021, 10:59 AM
Germans without a doubt. You can tell when someone is of British origin here because no matter their hair or eye color they are usually pasty.

Graywolf
01-29-2021, 11:02 AM
Germany

They dont mix each other that much, may be because of Balkan and Italian immigrants

Richard Alvarez
06-12-2024, 08:56 AM
I'd say that Brits on average are lighter. However, their darker extremes tend to be more Med-looking than Germans.
Dark Germans usually look Alpine, not Mediterranean (except in Rhineland-Palatinate maybe).

Types like Rowan Atkinson would look totally off in Bavaria/Austria.

Guthrie
06-12-2024, 09:16 AM
Germans have a less pale skin for sure. Maybe darker eyes but lighter hair than Brits.
This is confirmed by this graph, whose provenance and reliability I don't know though. https://postimg.cc/ns6hHRy6