PDA

View Full Version : Who Owned Albania? (350 BC - 2017)

Yesterday
10-26-2017, 04:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzeJ3-MKqTU

Loki
10-26-2017, 07:24 PM
Fascinating! For more than 2,000 years, Albania has been a part of the largest and most powerful empires and kingdoms in Europe/the world. Not many other countries can claim they were once part of:

Ancient Macedonia
The Roman Republic
The Roman Empire
The Byzantine Empire
The Second Bulgarian Empire
Serbia
Greece
The Ottoman Empire
The Kingdom of Italy
Nazi Germany
The Warsaw Pact

etc

Laberia
10-26-2017, 07:39 PM
Fascinating! For more than 2,000 years, Albania has been a part of the largest and most powerful empires and kingdoms in Europe/the world. Not many other countries can claim they were once part of:

Ancient Macedonia
The Roman Republic
The Roman Empire
The Byzantine Empire
Serbia
Greece
The Ottoman Empire
The Kingdom of Italy
Nazi Germany
The Warsaw Pact

etc

Few people, however, knew that this little mountainous country had given rise to Roman legions, Roman emperors, Byzantine mercenaries and generals, grand viziers and Egyptian khedives, and that the pope had bestowed the title of “Defender of Christianity” upon Skanderbeg.

Source: Hermann Neubacher, Sonderauftrag Südost 1940-45: Bericht eines fliegenden Diplomaten (Göttingen 1956)

Meanwhile I explored the environs of Scutari. They are strewn with the wreckage of dead Empires–past Powers–only the Albanian "goes on for ever."

Edith Durham - High Albania

Laberia
10-26-2017, 07:56 PM

Ancient Macedonia
The Roman Republic
The Roman Empire
The Byzantine Empire
Serbia
Greece
The Ottoman Empire
The Kingdom of Italy
Nazi Germany
The Warsaw Pact

etc

The last meeting between Albanian and Soviet leadership in the office of Khrushchev in Kremlin before the Soviet-Albanian split during the meeting of 81 communist parties in Moscow on November 10, 1960:

The meeting was held in Khrushchev's office and he began as usual:

«You have the floor. We are listening.»

«You requested the meeting,» I said, «you speak first.»

Khrushchev had to accept. Right f rom the start we were convinced that, in fact, he had come with the hope that, if he could not avoid, at least, he could soften the criticism that we were going to make at the meeting. Then, even if this meeting did not yield any result, he would use it, as usual, as an «argument» for the representatives of other parties to tell them, «See, we offered our hand to the Albanians once again, but they persisted in their course.»

Khrushchev and the others tried to cast the blame on our Party and feigned astonishment when we related historically how the differences between our parties had arisen.

«I am unaware that I had any conflict with Comrade Kapo in Bucharest,» said Khrushchev without a blush.

«The Central Committee of our Party was not and is not in agreement with Bucharest,- I told him.

«That is .of no importance, but the fact is that even before Bucharest you were not in agreement with us and you did not teli us this.»

Of course, the charlatan was lying and lying deliberately. Was it not this same Khrushchev who, in April 1957, wanted to arrogantly break off the talks, and even earlier in 1955 and 1956, had we not told Khrushchev and Suslov of our opposition over Tito, Nagy, Kadar ,and Gomulka?

Mehmet mentioned some of these facts to them and Mikoyan was obliged to mutter agreement.

But when he saw that he had his back to the wall, Khrushchev hopped from branch to branch, from one theme to the other, and it was impossible to discuss with him the major issues of principle which were in essence the source of the differences. Of course, he was not interested in touching on these things. He wanted the submission of the Party of Labour of Albania and the Albanian people, he was their enemy.

«You are not in favour of putting our relations in order,» said Khrushchev.

«We want to put them in order, but first you must acknowledge your mistakes,N we told him.

The talk with us irritated Khrushchev. Of course, he was not used to having a small party and a small country resolutely oppose his stands and actions. Such was the chauvinist logic of overlords of these anti-Marxists, who, just like the imperialist bourgeoisie, considered the small peoples and countries vassals, and their rights commodities to be traded. When we told him openly of his mistakes and those of his men he jumped up:

«You are spitting on me,» he screamed. «It is impossible to talk to you. Only Macmillan has tried to speak to me like this.»

«Comrade Enver is not Macmillan, so take back your words,» both Mehmet and Hysni snapped back at him.

«Where shall I put them?

«Stick them in your pocket,» Mehmet said.

The four of us got up and left without shaking hands with them, without falling into their traps, concocted with threats and hypocritical promises.

Source: Enver Hoxha - THE KHRUSHCHEVITES

Bosniensis
10-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Everyone got assimilated, partially or fully... while Albanians remained intact.

Slavs, Turks and Germanic people conquered entire Mediterranean, only Albanians remained genetically intact and maybe few Greeks, but even Greeks were touched by Franks and Slavs.

Loki
10-27-2017, 02:03 AM
Few people, however, knew that this little mountainous country had given rise to Roman legions, Roman emperors, Byzantine mercenaries and generals, grand viziers and Egyptian khedives, ....

...and possibly a Loki too, with E-V13 ;)

Crn Volk
10-27-2017, 03:01 AM
Everyone got assimilated, partially or fully... while Albanians remained intact.

Slavs, Turks and Germanic people conquered entire Mediterranean, only Albanians remained genetically intact and maybe few Greeks, but even Greeks were touched by Franks and Slavs.

There are quite a few Slavs, Vlachs, Greeks and Gypsies who have been assimilated into Albanians over time.

Laberia
10-27-2017, 07:49 PM
There are quite a few Slavs, Vlachs, Greeks and Gypsies who have been assimilated into Albanians over time.

Sounds funny said by a Firomski.

Ujku
10-28-2017, 01:00 PM

We only assmilated some gypsies at the late 40s. Vlachs still have their vlachic identity and Grekophones too.
Greeks have assmilated hundreds of thousands of Albanians tho.

As for the slavs yes we did assimilate some of them through the centuries , but the fact that we did makes us superior to the other Balkanites that go assimilated by them.
We don't get assimilated by the invaders , we assimilate them. ;)

Böri
10-28-2017, 01:17 PM
That's the most interesting part:

https://i.hizliresim.com/qJJ6XR.jpg

Nobody dominated Albanian highlands as long as the Turkoman dynasty did it.
Btw Turkish partial control started in 1390's but Albania was a battleground between Turks and Italians until 1479 when the Venetian possessions and allies (like Scanderbeg and his friends) were all crushed.

If you add the years of the First Bulgar Empire to Ottoman Empire, I think the Turkic state domination in Albania exceeds Rome + Byzantium years. Despite these latters are geographically closer and Turks came from far far far away.

Ujku
10-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Turks were our bitches.

Lavrentis
10-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Turks were our bitches.

You were their 'bitches'. Most of the foreign soldiers in the Ottoman army were Albanians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ujku
10-28-2017, 01:31 PM
You were their 'mercenaries'. Most of the foreign soldiers in the Ottoman army were Albanians.

Because we had the biggest balls. When Greeks heared the word Albanian they would run in the mountains to hide.
70% of the janissaries were Albanians.

Arjana
10-28-2017, 02:08 PM
That's the most interesting part:

https://i.hizliresim.com/qJJ6XR.jpg

Nobody dominated Albanian highlands as long as the Turkoman dynasty did it.
Btw Turkish partial control started in 1390's but Albania was a battleground between Turks and Italians until 1479 when the Venetian possessions and allies (like Scanderbeg and his friends) were all crushed.

If you add the years of the First Bulgar Empire to Ottoman Empire, I think the Turkic state domination in Albania exceeds Rome + Byzantium years. Despite these latters are geographically closer and Turks came from far far far away.

That video had many mistakes.

It says that Ottomans started to have control over Albanians by 1390, when the first Ottoman armies that started to take over Albanians cities were in 1420, but the Ottomans retreated soon.

Albania ( which back than stretched from North Montenegro to Corinth channel ) was never a battle ground between ' italians' ( who didn't exist as ethnicity back than) and Ottomans ( not turks). Venetians were several times defeated by Albanians and they holded some cities in seaside because they paid tribute . Skanderbeg defeated then easily in 3 battles and before the Balshaj humilated them for decades. Stop spreading your fantasy.
Ottomans tried to create a domination of theirs in 1431, but failed when Gjergj Arianiti, defeated them in 5 battles between 1431-1436 in row and secured the independence of Albanian princes and paved the road for the comming of Skanderbeg.

From 1443-1468 Albanians humiliated Ottomans in 26 battles.

Ottomans start to take over some Albanian lands when Arta felt in their hands in 1450 and when they take control of central Kosoov by 1459 and Elbasan by 1466.

However most Albanian lands were free until the campaign of 1478 and 1480 when Albanians capitulate after 120 years of straggle with Ottomans, 50 years of frontal war and 35 victories .

Albanians retake their lands in 1481 after the death of Mehmet II and were finally defeated in 1488.

There is an independence period of independent Albanian Pashas between 1750-1832 that ruled from Bosnia to Peloponnese. They defeated the sultan and said him to duck off.

Ottoman direct presence lows down to 340 years to Albanian lands

It culminates when Albanians take over Egypt in 1805 . By 1820 Albanian Pashas owned 5 million square km in north africa, middle east and balkans.

Lets not forget the very important part that Muslim Albanians considered the Ottoman Empire as their state, that is there were 42 Albanian Prime ministers.

Muslim Albanians showed several times they could crush the ototman central administration and the ottoman empire with it.

Halil Patrona, the albanian commander overthrew Sultan from power in 1730.

Albanian Independent Pashas could easilu unite with each other in balkans and create a de juro Albanian empire there, but they failed to reach an agreement with each other.

Albanian Mercenaries again defeated the Ottoman armies when Ottomans tried to replace the Albanian governors with non Albanians in albanian pashallekes, respectively in 1834 and 1836.

Muhamed Ali the Albanian 2 times took over the Ottoman empire and 2 times was stopped from western powers.

Another idiotic point of yours is the turkic people.
The first Bulgar Empire was indeed a turkic empire, but you have nothing to do with them.

Turkic nations were different nations and not one nation. And the Oghuz were a total different thing from the Bulgars.

Especially the Otomans who were heavily mixed with different people and were speaking arabic and persian.

Roman empire had 32 ilyrian emperors and eastern roman empire was totally founded by illyrians and was ruled by illyrians until 585 Ad when some armenians and anatolians start to come in the head.

Justinian the great , the greatest emperor of eastern roman empire , an illyrian himself, built 140 fortresses in the Illyricum region, fortresses that protected Albanians from the barbarians of the east . We wouldnt exist without them.

Albania was even considered the Byzantium last fortress btw.

Kelmendasi
10-28-2017, 02:11 PM
We have somewhat mixed with the first three but not with the Romani

Kelmendasi
10-28-2017, 02:13 PM
We only assmilated some gypsies at the late 40s. Vlachs still have their vlachic identity and Grekophones too.

As for the slavs yes we did assimilate some of them through the centuries , but the fact that we did makes us superior to the other Balkanites that go assimilated by them.
The only "assimilation" we did to the Romani was give them slightly more opportunities although we have not mixed with them nor did we give them an Albanian identity, from what I have seen the Gypsies from the Balkans are one of the purest whilst gypsies in countries like England are really mixed to the point that they are really light skinned and have light hair and eyes

Bosniensis
10-28-2017, 02:19 PM
We have somewhat mixed with the first three but not with the Romani

Your people have more East Med than Greeks and Italians, I would have expected more from Greeks.
Also, Albanians don't have high % of NE Europe or other parts of Europe like we have.

So yes, Albanians haven't mixed a lot.

Ujku
10-28-2017, 02:23 PM
The only "assimilation" we did to the Romani was give them slightly more opportunities although we have not mixed with them nor did we give them an Albanian identity, from what I have seen the Gypsies from the Balkans are one of the purest whilst gypsies in countries like England are really mixed to the point that they are really light skinned and have light hair and eyes

No we don't mix them , but there is a difference between assimilation and mixing.

They have Albanian identity now and that's what i mean by saying assimilated.

Ujku
10-28-2017, 02:25 PM
Your people have more East Med than Greeks and Italians, I would have expected more from Greeks.
Also, Albanians don't have high % of NE Europe or other parts of Europe like we have.

So yes, Albanians haven't mixed a lot.

More east med than Greeks?? Ancient east med?

Kelmendasi
10-28-2017, 02:26 PM
No we don't mix them , but there is a difference between assimilation and mixing.

They have Albanian identity now and that's what i mean by saying assimilated.
Majority don't have an Albanian identity from what I have seen, they act nothing like us when I go to Albania they seem like a completely foreign group in behavior, appearance and mentality. The Jevgs are the ones who call themselves "Albanian" afaik but the Gabels are the ones who acknowledge that they are Roma, still both of them are the same the Jevgs are just more wannabe Albanian

Kelmendasi
10-28-2017, 02:27 PM
More east med than Greeks?? Ancient east med?
East Med is the dominant Med in the Balkans

Ujku
10-28-2017, 02:28 PM
East Med is the dominant Med in the Balkans

To be honest i don't know what it is , just by the words i imagine lebanese or palestinez dna or something..

Ujku
10-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Majority don't have an Albanian identity from what I have seen, they act nothing like us when I go to Albania they seem like a completely foreign group in behavior, appearance and mentality. The Jevgs are the ones who call themselves "Albanian" afaik but the Gabels are the ones who acknowledge that they are Roma, still both of them are the same the Jevgs are just more wannabe Albanian

yeah , we call the Albanized gypsys jevgs (and some swarthy Albanians) . I said that we have assimilated some and that is true and there is nothing wrong with that.

Kelmendasi
10-28-2017, 02:36 PM
To be honest i don't know what it is , just by the words i imagine lebanese or palestinez dna or something..
It's a broad cluster tbh, it should be broken down by people who make the admixture tools. The East Med in the Balkans is probably not the same as East Med in the Levant

Loki
10-28-2017, 06:27 PM
When will Albania join the EU?

Tong
10-28-2017, 06:30 PM
i think it's amazing how a small group survived for that long. i like how serbs call albanians turks too, its funny to me

Tong
10-28-2017, 06:31 PM
It's a broad cluster tbh, it should be broken down by people who make the admixture tools. The East Med in the Balkans is probably not the same as East Med in the Levant

they would just get flooded by iraqis like macedonia did.

Viking
10-28-2017, 06:33 PM
Strange thread title for albinians to wanna answer that.

Crn Volk
10-29-2017, 05:37 AM

That’s not what I hear from Albanian nationalists in Macedonia, who are trying to suggest there are Orthodox Albanians who have been macedonianized such as Branko manojlovski

Kamal900
10-29-2017, 06:07 AM

Greeks are ironically more genetically west asian/middle eastern admixed than their Albanian neighbours regardless of their religious affiliations.

Ujku
10-29-2017, 06:22 AM
When will Albania join the EU?

Not sooner than 2025.

Ujku
10-29-2017, 06:23 AM
That’s not what I hear from Albanian nationalists in Macedonia, who are trying to suggest there are Orthodox Albanians who have been macedonianized such as Branko manojlovski

Yes , some orthodox Albanians were assimilated by both Serbs and Greeks but they were not that many.

Kamal900
10-29-2017, 06:28 AM

I would say that the east Med genetic component is a shared ancestral genes from the neolithic period that originated from the Levant. I mean, my east Med is around less than 40%(39.5% to be precise) making me among the most east Med genetically in this forum, but other than Levantines, the native Europeans of the Balkans are indeed very east Med in contrast to other Europeans.

Herr Abubu
10-29-2017, 03:17 PM

Branko Manojlovski himself claims that. It is strange that in the Western parts of Macedonia there used to be Orthodox Albanians, even with important towns for Albanian Orthodoxy and literature like Manastir, but that they completely disappeared, isn't it? Of course there are exaggerations and political aims behind it, but there's truth to it.

MinervaItalica
10-29-2017, 03:25 PM

Ancient Macedonia
The Roman Republic
The Roman Empire
The Byzantine Empire
Serbia
Greece
The Ottoman Empire
The Kingdom of Italy
Nazi Germany
The Warsaw Pact

etc

Forgot Venice.

Crn Volk
10-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Branko Manojlovski himself claims that. It is strange that in the Western parts of Macedonia there used to be Orthodox Albanians, even with important towns for Albanian Orthodoxy and literature like Manastir, but that they completely disappeared, isn't it? Of course there are exaggerations and political aims behind it, but there's truth to it.

Also strange how some Torbeshi claim Albanian ancestry in order get jobs in DUI held municipalities...

Herr Abubu
10-29-2017, 11:32 PM
Also strange how some Torbeshi claim Albanian ancestry in order get jobs in DUI held municipalities...

And how many would that be? Surely incomparable to the possible number of Orthodox Albanians in Macedonia.

Trilecce
10-30-2017, 12:04 AM
You were their 'bitches'. Most of the foreign soldiers in the Ottoman army were Albanians.

A bitch is not the people who get invited to form their most successfull military unit; the janissaries (who were almost exclusively formed of albanians). A bitch is the greek that forced to sell his daughters and take bread from his table in order to pay taxes to turks. You wont find bitches amongst us, recent histpry has made many bitches out of you.

Crn Volk
10-30-2017, 12:05 AM
And how many would that be? Surely incomparable to the possible number of Orthodox Albanians in Macedonia.

Who knows, perhaps the next census can shed some light on this.

Trilecce
10-30-2017, 12:08 AM

These orthodoks albanians of western fyrom are called Mijak in albanian or mijaci/miyaci in fyromanian.

Trilecce
10-30-2017, 12:08 AM
Who knows, perhaps the next census can shed some light on this.

Every single mijac in fyrom is an assimilated albanian.

Crn Volk
10-30-2017, 12:09 AM
These orthodoks albanians of western fyrom are called Mijak in albanian or mijaci/miyaci in fyromanian.

No, Mijaks are ethnic Macedonians. They don't speak Albanian. Orthodox Albanians are just that, they speak both Albanian and Macedonian.

Crn Volk
10-30-2017, 12:11 AM
Every single mijac in fyrom is an assimilated albanian.

Nice try. Some more on Mijaks > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mijaks

Trilecce
10-30-2017, 12:22 AM
Nice try. Some more on Mijaks > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mijaks

Ive studied mijaks since 2009. We have identical cultural practices. They structure themselves in clans and family households. Their wedding traditions, music and dances ARE IDENTICAL, not just similar to ours. What a wikipedia article written and maintained by the fyrom patriotic vanguard says doesnt convince me the least bit.

Crn Volk
10-30-2017, 12:32 AM
Ive studied mijaks since 2009. We have identical cultural practices. They structure themselves in clans and family households. Their wedding traditions, music and dances ARE IDENTICAL, not just similar to ours. What a wikipedia article written and maintained by the fyrom patriotic vanguard says doesnt convince me the least bit.

OK study some more...

https://tresonche.wordpress.com/

http://lazaropolee.blogspot.com.au/2009/02/xix-xx.html

Laberia
10-30-2017, 03:47 AM
No, Mijaks are ethnic Macedonians. They don't speak Albanian. Orthodox Albanians are just that, they speak both Albanian and Macedonian.

BRAVO firomski. Better later than never. Finally you accepted this fact. And Branko Manajlovski is one of them. They pretend that there are 300.000 orthodox Albanians in your country. Now, how much credibility do you have after this two contradictory posts:

Crn Volk
10-30-2017, 04:16 AM
BRAVO firomski. Better later than never. Finally you accepted this fact. And Branko Manajlovski is one of them. They pretend that there are 300.000 orthodox Albanians in your country. Now, how much credibility do you have after this two contradictory posts:

the numbers are trivial dear shiftar. in any case my post was in response to a shiftar saying how shiftars are so strong they assimilate people and that shiftars don't get assimilated. apparently they do, as per your post above...thanks for proving my point...must be we are so strong to assimilated so many tens of thousands of ''orthodox albanians''....as for branko, his revelations have earned him a seat in parliament as a DUI member...

Philo
10-30-2017, 04:34 AM
My father owned it and raped all ur wimminz.

Laberia
10-30-2017, 05:55 AM
the numbers are trivial dear shiftar. in any case my post was in response to a shiftar saying how shiftars are so strong they assimilate people and that shiftars don't get assimilated. apparently they do, as per your post above...thanks for proving my point...must be we are so strong to assimilated so many tens of thousands of ''orthodox albanians''....as for branko, his revelations have earned him a seat in parliament as a DUI member...

First, shqiptar and not shiftar.
Second, i didn't proved nothing your point. It was not you who assimilated those Albanians. You, i mean the slavic element in FYROM, leaving aside the other orthodox, few servs and many Albanian and Vlachs, well you are Bulgarians. Your ancestors passed through the filter of servianization and here we have the firomski, the proud descendants of Aleksandar Velika. Were servs who did the "job".
As for Branko, what's your point? You are again returned to your first post, there are no Orthodox Albanians in FYROM?
Let me explain you something, if you are not consequent in your posts, you are not a credible poster for the other members who are interested to learn something new.

Aenar
10-30-2017, 05:58 AM
Second, i didn't proved nothing your point. It was not you who assimilated those Albanians. You, i mean the slavic element in FYROM, leaving aside the other orthodox, few servs and many Albanian and Vlachs, well you are Bulgarians. Your ancestors passed through the filter of servianization and here we have the firomski, the proud descendants of Aleksandar Velika. Were servs who did the "job".
As for Branko, what's your point? You are again to your first post, there are no Orthodox Albanians in FYROM?
Let me explain you something, if you are not consequent in your posts, you are not a credible poster for the other members who are interested to learn something new.

Branko is some macedonized Albanian I suppose, right?

Laberia
10-30-2017, 06:03 AM
Branko is macedonized Albanian I suppose, right?

Yes. His surname was Tanusha, an old medieval albanian name. Later his surname was Slavicized by the authorities in Tanushevski and later they just used the Slavicized form of the name of his father as surname, Manajlovski.
And he is married with a woman from your people.

Aenar
10-30-2017, 06:04 AM
Yes. His surname was Tanusha, an old medieval albanian name. Later his surname was Slavicized by the authorities in Tanushevski and later they just used the Slavicized form of the name of his father as surname, Manajlovski.
And he is married with a woman from your people.

My people does not exist in FYROM, deal with it.

Aenar
10-30-2017, 06:10 AM
He is Albanian witouth doubt, his look is 100% Albanian.

https://youtu.be/jOrYJm28wGw

Crn Volk
10-30-2017, 06:22 AM
As for Branko, what's your point? You are again returned to your first post, there are no Orthodox Albanians in FYROM?

Learn to write in English and then people might learn something

Laberia
10-30-2017, 06:48 AM
Learn to write in English and then people might learn something

Thanks for the advice, but seems that Makeridov has no difficulty to understand me. You have difficulty probably because you are a vulgar. BTW, start to learn some googlish like me.

Lavrentis
10-30-2017, 01:07 PM
A bitch is not the people who get invited to form their most successfull military unit; the janissaries (who were almost exclusively formed of albanians). A bitch is the greek that forced to sell his daughters and take bread from his table in order to pay taxes to turks. You wont find bitches amongst us, recent histpry has made many bitches out of you.

Christian people giving their daughter to the Turks didn't happen. There's a chance that a Muslim would give his daughter to the local Pasha though. And the local Pasha had many women in his harem.

Laberia
10-30-2017, 02:54 PM
People giving their daughter to the Turks didn't happen. There's a chance that a Muslim would give his daughter to the local Pasha though.

You are from Crete.
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?187123-A-question-about-the-Siege-of-Candia

Lavrentis
10-30-2017, 03:03 PM
You are from Crete.
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?187123-A-question-about-the-Siege-of-Candia

The thread you sourced is just another one of your pointless threads about Greece, Laberia.

And I think that I have already posted in that thread of yours.

Vlatko Vukovic
10-30-2017, 03:04 PM
He is Albanian witouth doubt, his look is 100% Albanian.

https://youtu.be/jOrYJm28wGw

Yeah. This man have clearly Albanian phenotype. (In my town there are a lot pure Albanians similar to him).

Trilecce
10-31-2017, 12:17 AM
Christian people giving their daughter to the Turks didn't happen. There's a chance that a Muslim would give his daughter to the local Pasha though. And the local Pasha had many women in his harem.

Who would be able to say no? Thats the question you should ask yourself. Albanians who were armed to the teeth and lived in forts or greeks living in huts by the beach catching fish?

Lavrentis
10-31-2017, 01:19 PM
Who would be able to say no? Thats the question you should ask yourself. Albanians who were armed to the teeth and lived in forts or greeks living in huts by the beach catching fish?

So every Albanian was armed to the teeth and every Greek was living in huts by the beach catching fish?

Trilecce
10-31-2017, 07:46 PM
So every Albanian was armed to the teeth and every Greek was living in huts by the beach catching fish?

Only greeks living in stone forts like us were Maniots.

Dibran
12-02-2017, 01:21 AM

Only, Albanians have the least Turkic admixture in the Balkans. Which makes your point moot. The fact Greeks have more of it is testament to who got dicked down the most. And your claims you don't insult Albanian was proven bullshit by your earlier post.

Kelmendasi
12-02-2017, 10:58 AM

The local Pashas of the Balkans belonged to the local ethnicities(such as Albanians, Greeks, Bosnians etc) afaik and weren't actually Turks, an example is the Bushati family of northern Albania who ruled over the pashalik of Shkodra and were an Albanian family who claimed to come from Montenegro although this is assumed to have been made up by them so that they could have a better claim on Montenegro and they most likely come from the Bushat village in Shkodra as their surname suggests, my family is close to them as my aunt on my fathers side is married into their family. I'm pretty sure that the Turks or other Muslims did rape christian women although the Balkans doesn't have much if any Turkic admix so idk how widespread this was.

Lavrentis
12-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Only, Albanians have the least Turkic admixture in the Balkans. Which makes your point moot. The fact Greeks have more of it is testament to who got dicked down the most. And your claims you don't insult Albanian was proven bullshit by your earlier post.

Greek people don't have Turkic admixture, I don't know where you got that from.

And I didn't insult Albanians in my post.

Novi Pazar
12-08-2021, 10:08 AM
Lmao, proto Albanians are those who the Armenian Maniakes brought over from Sicily. In his military were all sorts of Normans, Arabs, Berbers etc…

Albanians (Rabanasi) today, at their core are assimilated Serbs with all sorts of Berbers, Arabs, Normans, Varangians, Armenians, Greeks etc…

The history begins of these proto-Shqiptars in 1043AD. Prior to 1043AD Shqiperian history was only Serbian when we talk about modern day territory of Shqiperia.