PDA

View Full Version : 44.6% of Californians don't Speak English at Home

Oneeye
10-27-2017, 07:08 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5013807/More-40-Californians-don-t-speak-English-home.html

I find this hard to believe. That's not a city, but on a statewide level.

Compare that to the percentage of the population of California that is Non-Hispanic white at 38%. There are more homes not speaking English than are white in California?

Ujku
10-27-2017, 07:12 AM
The worst thing is that girls of native American descent are not attractive at all. Only the ones that are mixed and from what i've seen most Mexicans in California don't seem mixed at all. They are short and brown.

Fractal
10-27-2017, 07:23 AM
Spanish followed by Vietnamese and Mandarin are the most common languages that are spoken if its not English.

The demographics is the reason.

Dragoon
10-27-2017, 07:23 AM
Is Southwestern USA gonna be part of Mexico again?:eek:

Fractal
10-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Is Southwestern USA gonna be part of Mexico again?:eek:

My family is in Tustin (Santa Ana) California which is 95% white the rest being Indians, kebabs (persians), Orientals, etc

If you drive 10 minutes or 5 miles to the downtown area, it's basically Mexico City or Hanoi Vietnam

Oneeye
10-27-2017, 07:25 AM
HomeNewsUK HomeSportsUS ShowbizUK ShowbizAustralia HomeFemailHealthSci & TechVideoMoneyTravelDailyMailTVLogin | Join nowDesktop siteNews

Share this article

More than four in 10 Californians aged five and older DON'T speak English at home

By Valerie Edwards For Dailymail.com15:42 EDT 24 Oct 2017, updated 16:52 EDT 24 Oct 2017

+6

132comments

Census Bureau said 44.6% of people five and older do not speak English at homeAbout 18.6% of California residents 5 and older do not speak English 'very well'Throughout nation, 21.6 per cent speak a language other than English at homeIn the US, 8.6% speak English less than very well, according to Census Bureau

More than 40 per cent of Californians aged five and older don't speak English at home, census data has revealed.

As of July 2016,Californiais America's most populous state with a population of39,250,017.

At the same time 18.6 per cent of California residents five and older do not speak English 'very well', according to theCensus Bureau.

+6

Data released this week shows that more than 40 per cent of Californians don't speak English at home.According to the Census Bureau, 44.6 per cent of the people five years of age and older do not speak English at home as depicted by this graphic

+6

The states with the smallest percentage of residents who speak a language other than English at home include North Dakota with 5.2 per cent, Alabama with 5.1 per cent and Montana at 3.7 per cent. West Virginia had the smallest percentage with 2.5 per cent (above)

The bureau found that 44.6 per cent of the people aged five and older do not speak English at home.

In both of these categories, California ranks No.1 within the United States.

Texas ranked second for the percentage of residents five and older who do not speak English at home with 35.6 per cent.

Following the Lone Star State is New Mexico with 34.5 per cent and New Jersey at 31.7 per cent.

New York ranks fifth with 31.0 per cent.

Share this article

RELATED ARTICLESMinisters call for UN treaty to use term 'pregnant people' to avoid discriminating against trans parentsHome ownership among young people plummets with fewer than 40 per cent owning their own property

The states with the smallest percentage of residents who speak a language other than English at home includeNorth Dakota with 5.2 per cent,Alabama with 5.1 per cent and Montana at 3.7 per cent.

West Virginia had the smallest percentage with 2.5 per cent.

Throughout the nation, 21.6 per cent speak a language other than English at home.

The Census Bureau released the numbers this week from the 2016 American Community Survey in which they asked people about the language they speak in their homes and how well they speak English.

According to the Bureau's website, the first questions asked is: 'Does this person speak a language other than English at home?'

+6

California also had the highest percentage of residents 5 or older who 'speak English less than very well'. The 2016 data showed that 18.6 per cent of the people 5 or older in California spoke English less than very well as depicted by this graphic

+6

Montana (data pictured) was the state with the smallest percentage of residents who could not speak English very well with 0.7 per cent and West Virginia had the second smallest at 0.8 per cent

If the answer is 'yes,' there are two follow up questions: 'What is this language?' and 'How well does this person speak English?'

For the last question, respondents answered 'very well, well, not well, or not at all'.

California also had the highest percentage of residents 5 or older who 'speak English less than very well', according to theCensus Bureau.

The 2016 data showed that 18.6 per cent of the people 5 or older in California spoke English less than very well.

Throughout the US, 8.6 per cent spoke English less than very well, according to the Census Bureau.

Again, Texas ranked second in this category with 14 per cent, while New York came in third at 13.7 per cent.

New Jersey came in fourth with 12.6 per cent and Hawaii was fifth at 12.2 per cent.

Montana was the state with the smallest percentage of residents who could not speak English very well with 0.7 per cent and West Virginia had the second smallest at 0.8 per cent.

+6

Throughout the US, 8.6 per cent spoke English less than very well, according to the Census Bureau. File image of the Golden Gate Bridge

READ MOREcdn.cnsnews.com/...cdn.cnsnews.com/...

Oneeye
10-27-2017, 07:39 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/24/19/45A4896300000578-0-image-a-76_1508871468595.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/24/19/45A4897100000578-0-image-a-75_1508871463080.jpg

crazyladybutterfly
10-27-2017, 08:34 AM
so almost half of the population doesnt speak it s country s language at home?
oh look another thing california has in common with france !!!

Mens-Sarda
10-27-2017, 09:13 AM
California was a Spanish colony, and then Mexican territory until 1850, the official language was Spanish. The English language arrived later, when during the Gold Rush, thousands of people moved to California to search gold.

Gold-Shekel
10-27-2017, 09:29 AM
Well duh, it used to belong to Mexico before American illegals started to settle. What goes around, comes around.

Bosniensis
10-27-2017, 09:45 AM
so almost half of the population doesnt speak it s country s language at home?
oh look another thing california has in common with france !!!

France is doomed, 120 million africans are speaking French and they are all going to France anytime now.

brennus dux gallorum
10-27-2017, 09:49 AM
55,4% speaking english at home is already too high, for a population that is not more than 30-40% British (partially or fully) originated

Tooting Carmen
10-27-2017, 12:30 PM
55,4% speaking english at home is already too high, for a population that is not more than 30-40% British (partially or fully) originated

It's called assimilation. (Plus a lot of those who are of "non-British origin" are in fact African-Americans).

Tooting Carmen
10-27-2017, 12:36 PM
Aside from the high number of non-English speakers in many US states - principally but not exclusively due to Latin American immigrants - the other interesting statistic is how only 26.5% of people in Hawaii speak a language other than English at home, thus meaning most people no longer speak Hawaiian there.

KMack
10-27-2017, 04:35 PM
The worst thing is that girls of native American descent are not attractive at all. Only the ones that are mixed and from what i've seen most Mexicans in California don't seem mixed at all. They are short and brown.

Are you sure you are not mistaking Mexicans with illegals from Honduras, El Salvador or Guatemala? They seem to be more short than Mexicans although some Mexicans are 100% native American. I have seen some attractive Mexican chicas.

Kamal900
10-27-2017, 04:38 PM
I believe California and many south-western American states will be part of Mexico if this trend continues.

wvwvw
10-27-2017, 04:48 PM
It's called assimilation. (Plus a lot of those who are of "non-British origin" are in fact African-Americans).

Why would African Americans speak anything else than English? You mean the newly arrived immigrants from Africa like the Somalis?

wvwvw
10-27-2017, 04:49 PM
I believe California and many south-western American states will be part of Mexico if this trend continues.

Fat chance.

Kamal900
10-27-2017, 04:50 PM
Fat chance.

Who knows. I mean, the future for White Americans look bleak to say the least.

wvwvw
10-27-2017, 04:56 PM

KMack
10-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Who knows. I mean, the future for White Americans look bleak to say the least.

LOL some white dude just became a billionaire today somewhere in the USA.

KMack
10-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Fat chance.

People post some really dumb chit on message boards. Zero chance of that happening.

Kamal900
10-27-2017, 05:24 PM
LOL some white dude just became a billionaire today somewhere in the USA.

I was mainly talking about the average White American joe, but whatever.

Tooting Carmen
10-27-2017, 10:09 PM
I was mainly talking about the average White American joe, but whatever.

I'd be interested to see what percentage of the population of the UAE actually speak Arabic at home. I'm sure it'd be below 50% too...

Dandelion
10-27-2017, 10:23 PM
One-Eye speaks American at home.

Wanderer
10-27-2017, 10:35 PM
Aside from the high number of non-English speakers in many US states - principally but not exclusively due to Latin American immigrants - the other interesting statistic is how only 26.5% of people in Hawaii speak a language other than English at home, thus meaning most people no longer speak Hawaiian there.

Native Hawaiians are actually a very small fraction of the population (10% or less). Orientals are actually the largest demographic in Hawaii, followed by whites.

Wanderer
10-27-2017, 11:00 PM
Immigrants today don't care about fitting into the American mainstream. In fact, they resist it. Why wouldn't they? Patriotic assimilation just isn't encouraged like it should be. It's not a natural or easy process, but it is necessary for this country. Most immigrants will nevertheless eventually lose their customs and languages with passing generations. The biggest problem is with the Hispanics because there are so many of them, and because we share a border with a large Spanish-speaking country.

It's impossible to envision any language other than Spanish seriously competing with English in this country. For those who insist that Hispanics eventually assimilate, Miami today is a prominent counterexample. Virtually all Hispanics who were born or at least raised in this country speak English, too. The problem isn't that they don't speak English. The problem is that they still hablan español. That's the problem. The problem is staring everyone right in the fucking face. It's not politically correct to say it. In fact, PC libtards are very supportive of initiatives like bilingual education so that immigrant children won't lose their native languages. This is an absolutely toxic policy.

Conservatives frequently make a big fuss about immigrants who "don't speak English." This is misguided. The real problem is staring everyone right in the face in a city like Miami, where the American-born Hispanics DO speak English, but code-switch between English and Spanish.

Immigrant descendants need to FORGET their parents' and grandparents' languages. If they elect to learn a second language later in life, fine. Being a nonnative speaker of a language is totally different from being a native speaker. This is especially so for an Anglophone who learns another language. You won't get as many opportunities to use that language as nonnative Anglophones are afforded to speak English. It will be inconsequential for us as a country.

Argentano
10-27-2017, 11:03 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5013807/More-40-Californians-don-t-speak-English-home.html

Compare that to the percentage of the population of California that is Non-Hispanic white at 38%. There are more homes not speaking English than are white in California?

es bastante impresionante ese numero. Es verdad.

Te escribo en español para q vayas practicando para el futuro.

B01AB20
10-27-2017, 11:06 PM
es bastante impresionante ese numero. Es verdad.

Te escribo en español para q vayas practicando para el futuro.

Crees que fue bueno para Argentina que la ingente cantidad de italianos que emigraron allí acabaran hablando castellano y solo castellano y dejaran atrás el italiano?

Fractal
10-27-2017, 11:08 PM

What does speaking a language at home have to do with assimilation? Most Indians still speak Hindi (or Gujarati in my case) in the household, but English when interacting in public and with others.

As for Hispanic immigration, they have far more in common with Whites than they do with me. They speak a European language, they follow a European religion, and their women are more likely to be involved in a relationship with some White American. Whites intermarry with HIspanics at a high rate but the most common is with east Asian females.

Vožd
10-27-2017, 11:11 PM
English is not even official language in USA.

Aenar
10-27-2017, 11:13 PM
Fractal speak Hindi at home.

Fractal
10-27-2017, 11:15 PM
Fractal speak Hindi at home.

Gujarati.

Argentano
10-27-2017, 11:18 PM
Crees que fue bueno para Argentina que la ingente cantidad de italianos que emigraron allí acabaran hablando castellano y solo castellano y dejaran atrás el italiano?

si obvio. Estoy jodiendo con el post anterior.

Igual para mi los americanos blancos se quejan de algo que ellos mismos generan. De tanta categorizacion que hacen "mexican american" "italian american" "spanish american" la gente termina sintiendose obligada a identificarse con su ancestria. Aca en Argentina nadie te va a decir vos sos un italo argentino o ibero argentino. Seria visto como absurdo. Vos sos Argentino y punto. Pero alla el grupo etnico es super importante. Imaginate que en el censo ellos le preguntan si se identifica como "italian american" a un flaco q tiene ancestros italianos del 1900.

Te comento algo interesante q estaba viendo del censo de 1895. Hay localidades en Santa Fe donde el 80% de los nacidos tenian apellidos Italianos. Y que yo sepa jamas se puso en duda q esa gente era solo Argentina.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=75&query=%2Bbirth_year%3A1895-1895~%20%2Bresidence_place%3A%22castellanos%2Csant a%20fe%22&collection_id=1410078

Arduti
10-27-2017, 11:21 PM
Immigrants today don't care about fitting into the American mainstream. In fact, they resist it. Why wouldn't they? Patriotic assimilation just isn't encouraged like it should be. It's not a natural or easy process, but it is necessary for this country. Most immigrants will nevertheless eventually lose their customs and languages with passing generations. The biggest problem is with the Hispanics because there are so many of them, and because we share a border with a large Spanish-speaking country.

It's impossible to envision any language other than Spanish seriously competing with English in this country. For those who insist that Hispanics eventually assimilate, Miami today is a prominent counterexample. Virtually all Hispanics who were born or at least raised in this country speak English, too. The problem isn't that they don't speak English. The problem is that they still hablan español. That's the problem. The problem is staring everyone right in the fucking face. It's not politically correct to say it. In fact, PC libtards are very supportive of initiatives like bilingual education so that immigrant children won't lose their native languages. This is an absolutely toxic policy.

Conservatives frequently make a big fuss about immigrants who "don't speak English." This is misguided. The real problem is staring everyone right in the face in a city like Miami, where the American-born Hispanics DO speak English, but code-switch between English and Spanish.

Immigrant descendants need to FORGET their parents' and grandparents' languages. If they elect to learn a second language later in life, fine. Being a nonnative speaker of a language is totally different from being a native speaker. This is especially so for an Anglophone who learns another language. You won't get as many opportunities to use that language as nonnative Anglophones are afforded to speak English. It will be inconsequential for us as a country.

No Child Left Behind (NCLB) was enacted by George W. Bush and sought to ensure equal educational opportunities for all American children, new and established. This included instruction in their native language as part of a transition into traditional English instruction. There were many other things included in that act, including standardization, regular recertifications for teachers, inclusive educational practices for students with special needs, etc. Raising the federal standards of education under NCLB, which eventually led to Common Core, was initiated by the right-wing to hold lazy, ineffectual, liberal teachers to higher standards. Most teachers are liberal females. Their backlash against NCLB was partisan- and union-driven. Those who did not want to recertify claimed they were being discriminated against, economically or age-related discrimination.

So these inclusive practices which you label as "liberal" or "PC" are actually not, at least not originally. Liberals will refuse to cooperate with any policy that requires extra time, money, or effort on their part.

Fractal
10-27-2017, 11:22 PM

Again, you old worlders don't know jack shit about the USA and especially California. I've been in cafes in the middle of Indiana with a group of other Indians (Gujaratis) and spoke my language. We got nothing but smiles and compliments from the Whites, curious about the language we were speaking.

In California, it's even double the case. Whites actually compliment us about our language and actually would find it funny if we were speaking in English with other Indians.

Spanish is seen a bit differently, though. Everyone gets annoyed having to listen to Espanol everywhere.

Cristiano viejo
10-27-2017, 11:25 PM
Cool news. Well, I hope the percentage of people speaking Spanish climbs in a few decades.

My Chicanos... :cool:

Blue Fox
10-27-2017, 11:29 PM
Delete This Post.

Fractal
10-27-2017, 11:30 PM
Cool news. Well, I hope the percentage of people speaking Spanish climbs in a few decades.

My Chicanos... :cool:

ummm can we send them to Spain please? There are literally a billion of them here.

Cristiano viejo
10-27-2017, 11:31 PM
ummm can we send them to Spain please? There are literally a billion of them here.

It is their homeland, not the your. It is you who should, along Mortimer, go back to India, with the cows, the shit flooding in the Ganges and these things.

Wanderer
10-27-2017, 11:37 PM
It wasn't uncommon for Italian immigrant descendants in America to be forced to speak English only at home their parents. They wanted to facilitate their assimilation into this country. Of course, the Italians encountered a host society that actually demanded patriotic assimilation. Nowadays, it's totally different.

Fractal
10-27-2017, 11:37 PM
It is their homeland, not the your. It is you who should, along Mortimer, go back to India, with the cows, the shit flooding in the Ganges and these things.

it's not their homeland. My homeland is Newport Beach, California and Los Gatos, California.

Their homeland is East Los Angeles, Salinas and Tijuana. :rotfl:

Cristiano viejo
10-27-2017, 11:43 PM
it's not their homeland. My homeland is Newport Beach, California and Los Gatos, California.
At all. Since when America is the homeland of Hindus??

iTheir homeland is East Los Angeles, Salinas and Tijuana. :rotfl:

Their homeland is all California.

Fractal
10-27-2017, 11:47 PM
It wasn't uncommon for Italian immigrant descendants in America to be forced to speak English only at home their parents. They wanted to facilitate their assimilation into this country. Of course, the Italians encountered a host society that actually demanded patriotic assimilation. Nowadays, it's totally different.

Tell that to the Italian Mafia, as well as Al Capone and the Gambino Family.

I've been in the most conservative White areas of the USA from Nebraska to rural Alabama and spoke my ancestral language (Gujarati) around my friends and relatives, and didn't get any frowns or stares. Whites actually complimented us and were curious.

In California, they don't care a single bit about us speaking Hindi in public, in fact most Whites here have no issues with it at all.

In public, of course you should speak English - in the workplace, classroom, and out of politeness towards the majority population.

B01AB20
10-27-2017, 11:51 PM
si obvio. Estoy jodiendo con el post anterior.

Igual para mi los americanos blancos se quejan de algo que ellos mismos generan. De tanta categorizacion que hacen "mexican american" "italian american" "spanish american" la gente termina sintiendose obligada a identificarse con su ancestria. Aca en Argentina nadie te va a decir vos sos un italo argentino o ibero argentino. Seria visto como absurdo. Vos sos Argentino y punto. Pero alla el grupo etnico es super importante. Imaginate que en el censo ellos le preguntan si se identifica como "italian american" a un flaco q tiene ancestros italianos del 1900.

Te comento algo interesante q estaba viendo del censo de 1895. Hay localidades en Santa Fe donde el 80% de los nacidos tenian apellidos Italianos. Y que yo sepa jamas se puso en duda q esa gente era solo Argentina.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=75&query=%2Bbirth_year%3A1895-1895~%20%2Bresidence_place%3A%22castellanos%2Csant a%20fe%22&collection_id=1410078

Creo que es un razonamiento bastante acertado el que haces, pero dicho esto... españoles e italianos son bastante parecidos etnicamnete y la asimilación resulta fácil.
Pero fíjate en México, allí TODOS son mestizos por decreto y está mal visto si alguien no se considera a si mismo como tal.
Quiero decir que cuando poblaciones con obvias diferencias raciales viven en el mismo país la asimilación se complica bastante, no creo que los estadounidenses blancos sean especialmente culpables respecto a esto, es un mal universal.

Fractal
10-27-2017, 11:55 PM
At all. Since when America is the homeland of Hindus??

Their homeland is all California.

Since when is America a homeland of Mestizos and Hispanics? Never has been. It's for whoever comes here legally and becomes a naturalized citizen.

Act like an intelligent and logical Spaniard and not some loco refried beaner Juan Gonzales.

Cristiano viejo
10-27-2017, 11:57 PM
Since when is America a homeland of Mestizos and Hispanics? Never has been. It's for whoever comes here legally and becomes a naturalized citizen.

Act like an intelligent and logical Spaniard and not some loco refried beaner Juan Gonzales.
Boy, do you know something about history or what?

brennus dux gallorum
10-28-2017, 12:00 AM

Exactly. That shows most of its inhabitants are not assimilated into a minority and don't seem to have such plans, por favor

Wanderer
10-28-2017, 12:22 AM
Tell that to the Italian Mafia [...]

You mean the Italian-American mafia today? Like the vast majority of Italian-Americans, they're Anglophones. They don't speak Italian to any appreciable degree.

Let me tell you what - the mafia in this country, despite being criminal, was never really anti-American. In fact, some mafia figures very willingly collaborated with the government to assist the wartime effort in WWII (against Italy, if you remember).

And what do you mean, "tell that to them"? You think ANY Italian-American is going to take exception to the fact that patriotic assimilation was forced on us? It's a fact of history. The corollary to that is we are a significantly more established ethnicity in this country, so we feel very much that this is our country. Every day, I am reminded of the multi-generational influence of Italians in America. In my corner of the country, there are millions of us, from northern Delaware to southern New Hampshire. Patriotic, English-speaking Americans. And, hey, what do you think of when you think about America? How about Amerigo Vespucci or Christopher Columbus? What do you think of when you think of the English language? How about a language whose dictionary is majority Latin? (Granted - everyday conversion is a slightly different proportion of word origins, but the Latin influence is still ubiquitous and substantial and, so this is very much so our language too, in a way).

Being that this is our country, and our language (only something like 5% of Italian-Americans claim to be able to speak Italian), we're obviously naturally on the side of the pro-English language movement. I think the fact that patriotic assimilation was expected of us means that we frequently (sometimes it seems more so than the general American population) demand it of newcomers. One great Italian-American who became famous for his English language crusade was Joey Vento (RIP).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeNHJCQDyIA

Tooting Carmen
10-28-2017, 10:03 AM
Anyway, as someone who is part-Colombian raised in the UK, I am glad my mother brought me up bilingually. Firstly, it does give me a partial connection to my mother's homeland I wouldn't otherwise really have, and makes it easier to identify and communicate with my family (even though many of the younger ones in particular do speak English). Secondly, being able to speak another language - especially one as global as Spanish - is intellectually stimulating and beneficial in and of itself. Sod this philistine idea that everyone should speak English and nothing else matters.

wvwvw
10-28-2017, 04:31 PM
Anyway, as someone who is part-Colombian raised in the UK, I am glad my mother brought me up bilingually. Firstly, it does give me a partial connection to my mother's homeland I wouldn't otherwise really have, and makes it easier to identify and communicate with my family (even though many of the younger ones in particular do speak English). Secondly, being able to speak another language - especially one as global as Spanish - is intellectually stimulating and beneficial in and of itself. Sod this philistine idea that everyone should speak English and nothing else matters.

The problem is when they can not speak English properly..or German (as is the case with many Turks in Germany)

Argentano
10-28-2017, 05:01 PM
Creo que es un razonamiento bastante acertado el que haces, pero dicho esto... españoles e italianos son bastante parecidos etnicamnete y la asimilación resulta fácil.
Pero fíjate en México, allí TODOS son mestizos por decreto y está mal visto si alguien no se considera a si mismo como tal.
Quiero decir que cuando poblaciones con obvias diferencias raciales viven en el mismo país la asimilación se complica bastante, no creo que los estadounidenses blancos sean especialmente culpables respecto a esto, es un mal universal.

Pero primero eran los britanicos vs los alemanes e irlandeses. Despues los nordicos vs los italianos. Ahora los caucasicos vs los mexicanos. Es como que siempre encuentran un grupo para categorizar y luego atacar. Me da la impresion que cuando a vos te tratan de encasillar y discriminar, vos te encerras en tu grupo etnico , y cuesta mucho mas salir de ahi.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Don%27t_Speak_the_Enemy%27s_Language%2C_Speak_Amer ican.jpg/220px-Don%27t_Speak_the_Enemy%27s_Language%2C_Speak_Amer ican.jpg

Fijate en este mismo sitio cuando hablan de americanos con sangre latina dicen directamente "mexican" o "latin american" como si esa gente nunca va a llegar a ser vista como americana.

Grab the Gauge
10-28-2017, 07:24 PM
Tell that to the Italian Mafia, as well as Al Capone and the Gambino Family.

I've been in the most conservative White areas of the USA from Nebraska to rural Alabama and spoke my ancestral language (Gujarati) around my friends and relatives, and didn't get any frowns or stares. Whites actually complimented us and were curious.

In California, they don't care a single bit about us speaking Hindi in public, in fact most Whites here have no issues with it at all.

In public, of course you should speak English - in the workplace, classroom, and out of politeness towards the majority population.

Most Whites will complement languages such as Hindi, they sound good on the ears.

Spanish like all modern Southern European "Greco/Romance" languages sounds like a toilet being overfilled with diarrhea, and repeatedly failing to flush properly. Everything about these "cultures" is excremental and simian.

Tong
10-28-2017, 07:26 PM
No i think it's more. california is at least 60% latin american by now

Ylla
10-28-2017, 07:47 PM

Spanish is indeed a useful language and important in globalised world to overcome linguistic and cultural barriers in business. My brother studies Spanish at a top university,he is currently on a year abroad conducting research. He self taught Italian and Spanish at near native level which is really impressive. I also dont like the idea that everyone should speak English only. We should all learn another language in our lifetime.

Oneeye
10-28-2017, 08:15 PM

It used to be the norm. Hyphenated Americanism used to be frowned on. Now that the immigrant groups are not white, and therefore "underprivileged" they are encouraged to.

Oneeye
10-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Spanish is indeed a useful language and important in globalised world to overcome linguistic and cultural barriers in business. My brother studies Spanish at a top university,he is currently on a year abroad conducting research. He self taught Italian and Spanish at near native level which is really impressive. I also dont like the idea that everyone should speak English only. We should all learn another language in our lifetime.

Interesting about your brother, but Juan's extent of business dealings in Spanish is contracting his unloading at the Honey Bucket between shifts at the construction site.

As a second language, I understand, but your first language should be that of the nation of which you're a citizen of.

Tooting Carmen
10-28-2017, 11:22 PM
The problem is when they can not speak English properly..or German (as is the case with many Turks in Germany)

Except possibly among elderly immigrants, that isn't really that common - at least among those who've been in the country a long time, at any rate.

Lightshade25
10-28-2017, 11:34 PM
Most Whites will compliment languages such as Hindi, they sound good on the ears.

Hahaha you motherfucker, I FUCKING LOVE YOU. I'm dying :bowlol:

Mingle
10-29-2017, 12:35 AM
California was a Spanish colony, and then Mexican territory until 1850, the official language was Spanish. The English language arrived later, when during the Gold Rush, thousands of people moved to California to search gold.

Most Hispanics living in California today are descended from people that arrived after the US conquered it.

Oneeye
10-29-2017, 12:45 AM
https://youtu.be/ybcvlxivscw

Mortimer
10-29-2017, 01:01 AM

you can be non-hispanic white and dont speak english at home you can speak french, norwegian, russian or german, italian etc.

Oneeye
10-30-2017, 01:58 AM
you can be non-hispanic white and dont speak english at home you can speak french, norwegian, russian or german, italian etc.

So what, a few percentage points lower for white Californians whose first language is English? 37,36,35%?

California was over 70% white during the 70s. We're not talking about a town changing, but a state with over four times the population of Austria.

Oneeye
10-30-2017, 01:59 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/14/10-years-of-change-what-new-census-says-about-20-southern-california-cities/

Mortimer
10-30-2017, 02:01 AM
So what, a few percentage points lower for white Californians whose first language is English? 37,36,35%?

California was over 70% white during the 70s. We're not talking about a town changing, but a state with over four times the population of Austria.

From language you cannot base your conclusion on race, thats all i wanted to say. I meant maybe there are more whites but some dont speak english, but Im confused about the data maybe I misinterpreted something.

Oneeye
10-30-2017, 02:03 AM
From language you cannot base your conclusion on race, thats all i wanted to say. I meant maybe there are more whites but some dont speak english, but Im confused about the data maybe I misinterpreted something.

Im not factoring language in race. White people are currently only 38% of the total population of California regardless of what language they speak.

Non-Hispanic whitesdecreased from about 76.3 - 78% of the state's population in 1970[16]to 38.0% in 2015.[17]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_California

Mortimer
10-30-2017, 02:11 AM
Im not factoring language in race. White people are currently only 38% of the total population of California regardless of what language they speak.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_California

ok thats a huge change.

Bobby Martnen
10-02-2018, 12:02 AM
Mexifornia in action

Bobby Martnen
10-02-2018, 12:09 AM
And Mandarin.

lol

Cristiano viejo
10-02-2018, 12:28 AM
Good news.