PDA

View Full Version : Do I have NAD?! (Not Asian Dilemma)

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-27-2017, 07:28 PM
I fear I suffer from NAD (Not Asian Dilemma). I didn't think I did until I said boxing is inferior to Muay Thai cuz I came to the conclusion one would allow a higher probability of a better outcome in real life situations than the other. I favored a sport that I have no connection to culturally over one that I did.

Except for anime and magma comics all my life I've been interested in Asian shizzle. I would read about Japanese medieval history and was obsessed with Samurais as a child. A big fan of Japanese films, especially Akira Kurasawa films. I wrote a book report on Confucius' biography in 8th grade. I did Karate and Judo as a kid for years and I'm obsessive with Asian martial arts (both the legitimate and goofy stuff). I bought any comic book (not Magma; I don't think those types of comics existed when I was a kid) that was even remotely about Samurais, such as Usagi Yojimbo.

Does my interest make me... *sigh* ... a SELF HATER???!!!!!! Or just someone who can appreciate other cultures and acknowledge some cultures have some things that are superior to my own?

OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J63nlFeFnoA

Zatoichi is so bad ass.

Profileid
10-27-2017, 07:41 PM
totally

Lucia
10-27-2017, 07:55 PM
In that case everyone has NAD(Not American Dilemma) where I live, because everyone watches American movies and listens to American music.

AphroditeWorshiper
10-27-2017, 07:57 PM
totally

I hate you

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-27-2017, 07:59 PM
In that case everyone has NAD(Not American Dilemma) where I live, because everyone watches American movies and listens to American music.

How dare you make a conscious decision to watch American films and TV shows. What would Rammstein say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-27-2017, 08:06 PM
I hate you

I'm totally going to heel hook her. What is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu other than three Brazilian brothers becoming obsessed with Japanese Jiu-Jitsu and adding on to it? They must have been full of self hate to take an interest in a foreign martial art and improve on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JazLpnTzZWM

Etain, you are done.

AphroditeWorshiper
10-27-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm totally going to heel hook her. What is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu other than three Brazilian brothers becoming obsessed with Japanese Jiu-Jitsu and adding on to it? They must have been full of self hate to take an interest in a foreign martial art and improve on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JazLpnTzZWM

Etain, you are done.

https://i.imgur.com/pqbeJJA.jpg

magyar_lány
10-27-2017, 08:27 PM
You are a big Asia-fan, there is nothing wrong with it. You aren’t self hater at all. I have Takeshi Kitano’s Zatoichi on DVD. :)

Óttar
10-27-2017, 08:31 PM
I fear I suffer from NAD (Not Asian Dilemma). I didn't think I did until I said boxing is inferior to Muay Thai cuz I came to the conclusion one would allow a higher probability of a better outcome in real life situations than the other. I favored a sport that I have no connection to culturally over one that I did.
Muay Thai is the one sport which is deadlier than boxing because a Muay Thai kick delivers more pounds per square inch, the catch is however, that Muay Thai fighters have been kicking trees in the forest for 12 hours a day since they were like 6 years old. This would put non-Thais at a disadvantage. Boxing is the deadliest martial arts form in terms of sheer practicality.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-28-2017, 12:45 AM
Muay Thai is the one sport which is deadlier than boxing because a Muay Thai kick delivers more pounds per square inch, the catch is however, that Muay Thai fighters have been kicking trees in the forest for 12 hours a day since they were like 6 years old. This would put non-Thais at a disadvantage. Boxing is the deadliest martial arts form in terms of sheer practicality.

I would think any type of grappling that allows you to put someone in a chock hold is superior to boxing. All a person has to do is take your back and you will die. Unless the boxer knocks the guy out he's going to be taken down to the ground where he'd be like a child who doesn't know how to swim left out in the middle of the ocean.

The first ever match between a Judo black belt (Gene Lebelle) and a professional boxer (Milo Savage) ended in the boxer being chocked out. To make it even more dominant Savage was cheating by greasing himself up so Labelle couldn't get a hold of him and cut his gloves so he could wear brass knuckles.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-28-2017, 12:46 AM
You are a big Asia-fan, there is nothing wrong with it. You aren’t self hater at all. I have Takeshi Kitano’s Zatoichi on DVD. :)

We should totally hang out.

Linebacker
10-28-2017, 12:47 AM
I think we all have it.

jingorex
10-28-2017, 12:47 AM

Except for anime and magma comics all my life I've been interested in Asian shizzle. I would read about Japanese medieval history and was obsessed with Samurais as a child. A big fan of Japanese films, especially Akira Kurasawa films. I wrote a book report on Confucius' biography in 8th grade. I did Karate and Judo as a kid for years and I'm obsessive with Asian martial arts (both the legitimate and goofy stuff). I bought any comic book (not Magma; I don't think those types of comics existed when I was a kid) that was even remotely about Samurais, such as Usagi Yojimbo.

Does my interest make me... *sigh* ... a SELF HATER???!!!!!! Or just someone who can appreciate other cultures and acknowledge some cultures have some things that are superior to my own?

OMG HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Zatoichi is so bad ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4XNqrqxrU

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-28-2017, 12:54 AM
I would think any type of grappling that allows you to put someone in a chock hold is superior to boxing. All a person has to do is take your back and you will die. Unless the boxer knocks the guy out he's going to be taken down to the ground where he'd be like a child who doesn't know how to swim left out in the middle of the ocean.

The first ever match between a Judo black belt (Gene Lebelle) and a professional boxer (Milo Savage) ended in the boxer being chocked out. To make it even more dominant Savage was cheating by greasing himself up so Labelle couldn't get a hold of him and cut his gloves so he could wear brass knuckles.

Some footage of the Labelle vs. Savage match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIBo4Y3JTfU

Gangrel
10-28-2017, 01:06 AM
gay ass weeb

NSXD60
10-28-2017, 03:04 AM
You go nad!

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-28-2017, 05:38 AM
gay ass weeb

Haters gonna get crushed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_1Jpb8j8k

Fractal
10-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Western boxing + Judo is far better than your ridiculous Asian martial arts. Judo is the only exception.

Those lethal strikes from Karate are the only useful techniques. My cousin has a 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo and he had to get fingerprinted.

Asians get their asses handed to them in real hand to hand fighting. I've seen high school football players in street fights against black belt Asian triad types and they literally man handled them and sent them to the hospital.

Wadaad
10-28-2017, 06:39 AM
Do you speak an Asian language, or is this just the shallow weaboo obsession with Asian stuff marketed to you guys in the first place, like cartoons in English language by Japanese studios,lol

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-28-2017, 06:54 AM
Do you speak an Asian language, or is this just the shallow weaboo obsession with Asian stuff marketed to you guys in the first place, like cartoons in English language by Japanese studios,lol

Can you read English? I suggest you read the OP again. It says somewhere there that I don't like anime and Kurosawa isn't exactly for 'mass consumption.' It's high art. Some cultures create art through films, paintings, etc. that are admired and respected by people around the globe. Don't be jelly.

Halloween is near and I recall as a kid every Halloween I was a pirate. I had an obsession with pirates, too. Maybe if we knew each other as kids you could have introduced me to Somali pirates and maybe I would have thought that was cool.

Wadaad
10-28-2017, 07:02 AM
There were Somali Pirates in the 80s and 90s? news to me

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-28-2017, 07:20 AM
There were Somali Pirates in the 80s and 90s? news to me

It was the only known cultural distinction that came to mind when thinking of Somalia.