PDA

View Full Version : Do Jewish American actress Selma Blair and Italian American Teresa Giudice look alike?

Sikeliot
10-28-2017, 09:50 PM
IMO Blair is one of the closer looking types to South Italians. A bit like Teresa Giudice.

http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2017926/rs_634x1024-171026115235-634-Selma-Blair-JR-102617.jpg
http://images.desimartini.com/media/uploads/selma-blair-selma-blair-201244_1280_1920.jpg
https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/selma-blair-heathers-reboot-cast.jpg?w=620&h=420&crop=1
http://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/selma-blair-erdem-x-h-m-launch-event-in-la-12_thumbnail.jpg

vs

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3250505.1497553325!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/crime-realhousewives-fraud.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.955827.1318385854!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/alg-teresa-giudice-jpg.jpg
http://www.bravotv.com/sites/nbcubravotv/files/field_blog_image/2016/03/dish-033116-envy-teresa-giudice-melissa-gorga-promote.jpg
https://typeset-beta.imgix.net/rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2Feb20c870-944b-44b2-9f43-722316fff0e9.jpg

JMack
10-28-2017, 09:53 PM
LOL

I'm not trying to be rude, but you need glasses Sikeliot. Selma Blair looks average white person that could be from countless ethnicities. Teresa Giudice looks more Mediterranean and wouldn't pass easily above the Alps.

Sikeliot
10-28-2017, 09:55 PM
LOL

I'm not trying to be rude, but you need glasses Sikeliot. Selma Blair looks average white person that could be from countless ethnicities. Teresa Giudice looks more Mediterranean and wouldn't pass easily above the Alps.

They have a very similar facial structure.

Teresa Giudice has an interesting look. I don't know where it passes but it is definitely more southeast European rather than southwest.

Odin
Nope.

Decius
again youre trying to connect Italians with jews :picard1:

Sikeliot
10-28-2017, 09:56 PM

Because they are genetically close. Consider yourself lucky you're not banned, troll, and fuck off.

Tauromachos
10-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Well let me put it this way,

The Jewish actress looks more Mainland Greek
The Italian actress more Cypriot Greek

JMack
10-28-2017, 10:01 PM
They have a very similar facial structure.

Teresa Giudice has an interesting look. I don't know where it passes but it is definitely more southeast European rather than southwest.

They don't look alike. Selma Blair could easily be French or even dark British. The other woman looks more like she could fit as mainland Greek or even Albanian before Western Europe.

Blair is Alpine + Atlantid

Giudice is some kind of Dinaricized Med with small touches of Armenoid.

Decius
10-28-2017, 10:03 PM
Because they are genetically close. Consider yourself lucky you're not banned, troll, and fuck off.

I dont get youre obssetion with connecting them, do you want to be non european or something are you a wannabe levantine I really dont get it man

Palopalo
10-28-2017, 10:08 PM
What's up with Teresa's forehead lol?

Yes, I can see some resemblance.

Lucas
10-28-2017, 10:12 PM
I know similar Polish women to Selma Blair. Maybe she is little Jewish i don't know. I'm not allowed to post her photo.

MinervaItalica
10-28-2017, 10:13 PM

It's his obsession.

MysteriousWays
10-28-2017, 10:15 PM
They are not especially similar. Blair looks most typical as "darker" French, but can easily pass (not typical per se, but still very doable) as Italian or darker Brit. Giudice looks atypical Italian (for anywhere in Italy imo).

Sikeliot
10-28-2017, 10:20 PM
I dont get youre obssetion with connecting them, do you want to be non european or something are you a wannabe levantine I really dont get it man

I didn't even know Selma Blair was Jewish today when I first saw her photo and noticed the resemblance. Why do YOU, a Slav from Eastern Europe care about what I say about Sicilians or Italians, a group you have nothing to do with? Leave me the fuck alone. You can easily be re-banned.

Sikeliot
10-28-2017, 10:21 PM
They don't look alike. Selma Blair could easily be French or even dark British. The other woman looks more like she could fit as mainland Greek or even Albanian before Western Europe.

Blair is Alpine + Atlantid

Giudice is some kind of Dinaricized Med with small touches of Armenoid.

How is that classification consistent with mainland Greek and not islander? Though I know you think the islanders are less exotic than the mainlanders, for whichever reason.

Bobby Martnen
10-28-2017, 10:23 PM
Ashkenazi Jews and South Italians cluster near each other, but don't really look alike. Jews tend to be lighter but have more Semitic/West Asian features.

Tauromachos
10-28-2017, 10:30 PM
They are not especially similar. Blair looks most typical as "darker" French, but can easily pass (not typical per se, but still very doable) as Italian or darker Brit. Giudice looks atypical Italian (for anywhere in Italy imo).

If you want to know how a typical Cypriot look is then Teresa is the real deal
https://typeset-beta.imgix.net/rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2Feb20c870-944b-44b2-9f43-722316fff0e9.jpg

I emphasize it because where i live there are alot of Cypriots.
And i have seen alot of people who pass more exotic or dark Calabrian and Sicilian types that don't pass as average Greeks always as
Cypriots by default when they don't look Cypriot.

Its not that easy,Cypriots have their own proper types and looks and because a person does looks exotic it doesn't mean the person
automatically looks Cypriot.
How stupid is it to think that way..?
Is this proper guessing?

JMack
10-28-2017, 10:35 PM
How is that classification consistent with mainland Greek and not islander? Though I know you think the islanders are less exotic than the mainlanders, for whichever reason.

I said she would pass better as Greek than as Western European, not that her best fit is Greek. She looks West Asian influenced and is exotic anywhere in Greece and Italy. She doesn't have a standard look.

I didn't said Islanders are lighter than mainlanders, I said Cretans looked lighter than Peloponnesians when I visited Greece. That's all.

Dick
10-28-2017, 10:37 PM
No, they look different and do not look the same ethnicity at all.

Smeagol
10-28-2017, 10:39 PM
They don't really look alike, but sure, both could pass in the other's ethnic group without being extremely typical. I disagree that ashkenazi jews look more Semitic/west asian than Sicilians. To be honest I think they're more mainstream European looking on average.

Tauromachos
10-28-2017, 10:44 PM
I said she would pass better as Greek than as Western European, not that her best fit is Greek. She looks West Asian influenced and is exotic anywhere in Greece and Italy. She doesn't have a standard look.

I didn't said Islanders are lighter than mainlanders, I said Cretans looked lighter than Peloponnesians when I visited Greece. That's all.

In fact as i mentioned Cyprus is her best fit.

Sikeliot
10-28-2017, 10:57 PM

I think Teresa looks Cypriot.

Sikeliot
10-28-2017, 11:02 PM
And yes, Teresa is on the exotic side for Italy, let alone mainland Greece. But her look is present in a minority of southerners of course. And the Aegean.

Longobarda
10-28-2017, 11:22 PM

He should connect his brain instead

Sikeliot
10-28-2017, 11:55 PM
He should connect his brain instead

You're obsessed with me. fuck off!

Anyway I do not agree with the people who think Selma Blair looks mainstream Western European.

Longobarda
10-28-2017, 11:59 PM
You're obsessed with me. fuck off!

Anyway I do not agree with the people who think Selma Blair looks mainstream Western European.

Not by you, but by your obsession to try to connect italians with Mena, SSA and whatever else you don't like. Vaffanculo

Bobby Martnen
10-29-2017, 12:01 AM
@Sikeliot - do you think the reason Ashkenazi Jews look very distinct from South Italians is because of a genetic bottleneck?

Sikeliot
10-29-2017, 12:03 AM
@Sikeliot - do you think the reason Ashkenazi Jews look very distinct from South Italians is because of a genetic bottleneck?

I think before the Holocaust and other events that would have targeted the darker and more recognizable jews, they would have looked closer.

MysteriousWays
10-29-2017, 12:03 AM

Ashkenazim did have a major genetic bottleneck (I believe most Mizrahi Jews did actually as well, but Sephardim much less so); this might explain it. Hard to say.

MysteriousWays
10-29-2017, 12:04 AM
I think before the Holocaust and other events that would have targeted the darker and more recognizable jews, they would have looked closer.

A problem with this theory is that in much of Europe (especially eastern Europe where the largest scale pogroms were happening), Jews lived generally isolated from non-Jews in any case, so I don't think how they looked would have been that relevant.

Sikeliot
10-29-2017, 12:05 AM
A problem with this theory is that in much of Europe (especially eastern Europe where the largest scale pogroms were happening), Jews lived generally isolated from non-Jews in any case, so I don't think how they looked would have been that relevant.

Those who survived are more likely those who did not immediately stand out as Jewish to those around them.

The other question is why people in Crete do not look like southern Italians when they are genetically close. A lot of Cretans look continental European, not like a group who are close to half MENA.

MysteriousWays
10-29-2017, 12:09 AM
Those who survived are more likely those who did not immediately stand out as Jewish to those around them.

The other question is why people in Crete do not look like southern Italians when they are genetically close. A lot of Cretans look continental European, not like a group who are close to half MENA.

This is possible, but would have happened well prior to WWII. Either in the main bottleneck event (600-800ish years ago) or in smaller scale in pogroms since that time. But any real evidence of this is purely conjectural. No idea re: the Cretan question.

Sikeliot
10-29-2017, 12:10 AM
This is possible, but would have happened well prior to WWII. Either in the main bottleneck event (600-800ish years ago) or in smaller scale in pogroms since that time. But any real evidence of this is purely conjectural. No idea re: the Cretan question.

Ouroboros does not find anywhere in Italy and Greece that exotic by his comments but he did find Cretans slightly less so, and lighter, even than Peloponnesians and Apulians. So that is a mystery. Others say Cretans look light too.

Longobarda
10-29-2017, 12:17 AM

I think that jews look exactly like the Others. There are cases between the Ashkenazi that you can recognize them for some peculiarity. For example Woody Allen is recognizable as an Ashkenazi, Others don't. Sephardi are less recognizable. But we should stop to have this kind of conversation. Jews are like us and talking about the differences is a form of racism.

Seth MacFarlane
10-29-2017, 01:45 AM
Selma Blair is Jewish ???? I thought she was a regular white American , hate her face btw alwys thought she looked ugly she's a standard Alpine. And no she cant pass as southh italian

MysteriousWays
10-29-2017, 01:50 AM
Selma Blair is Jewish ???? I thought she was a regular white American , hate her face btw alwys thought she looked ugly she's a standard Alpine. And no she cant pass as southh italian

She is Jewish.

Seth MacFarlane
10-29-2017, 02:02 AM
Ashkenazi Jews and South Italians cluster near each other, but don't really look alike. Jews tend to be lighter but have more Semitic/West Asian features.

Not exactly , due to their presence in central and east Europe for a long time Jews only have west Asian features in some cases .. more often then not many look ambiguous euro. Selma Blair is a perfect example of someone who could pass from France to the British isles and could never pass in southern Italy . However the stereotypical Jews like Adam Sandler could pass typically in southern Italy because of the Armenoid and other influences there.

Seth MacFarlane
10-29-2017, 02:09 AM
She is Jewish.

Would have never guessed but like I always say Jews can look like anything .

MysteriousWays
10-29-2017, 02:13 AM
Would have never guessed but like I always say Jews can look like anything .

She's not really typical, but yes, Ashkenazim can potentially look like almost anything. Stereotypical to me is a mix of like Central Euro with some MENA features, but a majority of Ashkenazim do not really fall in the stereotype IMO.

kleenex
10-29-2017, 02:21 AM
They resemble one another maybe in terms of facial features. The top one could pass in Italy (less so in France) and two is certainly a Sicilian type. I wouldn't say Blair is a "typical" Ashkenazi but then again what does a typical Ashkenzi look like? Neither look Greek to me.

Sikeliot
10-29-2017, 02:22 AM
They resemble one another maybe in terms of facial features. The top one could pass in Italy (less so in France) and two is certainly a Sicilian type. I wouldn't say Blair is a "typical" Ashkenazi but then again what does a typical Ashkenzi look like? Neither look Greek to me.

Where would Teresa Giudice pass? Anywhere else besides southern Italy?

Cristiano viejo
10-29-2017, 02:22 AM
The Jew woman looks white while the Italian woman does not.

Seth MacFarlane
10-29-2017, 02:28 AM
Stereotypical to me is a mix of like Central Euro with some MENA features, but a majority of Ashkenazim do not really fall in the stereotype IMO.
Exactly what I'm saying

kleenex
10-29-2017, 02:51 AM
Where would Teresa Giudice pass? Anywhere else besides southern Italy?

Cyprus, Lebanon as well as Areminia.

Tauromachos
10-29-2017, 11:54 AM
Cyprus, Lebanon as well as Areminia.

No
More Cyprus than the other 2 options.

Please man unless you have seen many real Lebanese and Armenians how can you come to that conclusion
i mean because she is atypical or exotic in most of Europe automatically means she looks Lebanese??

Her best fit is Cyprus after that Armenian and Lebanese much less so.

Armenians and Lebanese don't look identical man.

MinervaItalica
10-29-2017, 11:55 AM
First woman can pass in many parts of Europe. Second is a man and can pass only in a surgery room.

The Jew woman looks white while the Italian woman does not.

She's is always tanned. Lamp abuse.

https://pics.wikifeet.com/Teresa-Giudice-Feet-3045578.jpg

Tauromachos
10-29-2017, 12:02 PM
First woman can pass in many parts of Europe. Second is a man and can pass only in a surgery room.

Lamp eduse :)

Columella
10-29-2017, 12:15 PM
They both have a narrow hairy forehead. And Giudice has a low “werewolf” hair line.
Both Atypical for Italy overall.

http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/film/lookbacks/teenwolf/05.jpg

Impaler
10-29-2017, 12:42 PM

Yes, she is!
http://ethnicelebs.com/selma-blair

Longobarda
11-09-2017, 12:07 PM

https://pics.wikifeet.com/Teresa-Giudice-Feet-3045578.jpg

Who is a man? Teresa Giudice? If she is really a man how can Sikeliot make a comparison between a woman and a man? Stupid joke

Kamal900
11-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Nah, they look different. Honestly, Selma Blair looks more beautiful than her Italian counterpart.

wvwvw
11-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Selma Blair looks more Italian and Giudice more Israeli.