PDA

View Full Version : What yours think about MGTOW?

RickBertrand
11-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW, /ˈmɪɡtaʊ/) is a mostly pseudonymous online communit supported by websites and social media presences cautioning men against romantic relationships with women, especially marriage. The community is part of what is more broadly termed the manosphere.

MGTOW use the word gynocentric to describe conditions that favor women to the detriment of men, and are opposed to such circumstances. MGTOW believe that there is a systemic gynocentric bias against men including double standards in gender roles, bias against men in family courts, lack of concern for men falsely accused of rape and lack of consequences for their accusers.

According to the columnist Martin Daubney, members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis. Jeremy Nicholson, writing for Psychology Today, similarly described MGTOW as "guys who have been frustrated and punished to the point that they see no further incentive to relate [to dating] [...], they focus on making themselves happy". Kay Hymowitz has stated that some self-identified MGTOW express discontent because they see women as hypergamous and manipulative. The Business Insider reporter Dylan Love wrote a "fully-realized MGTOW (there are levels to it) is someone who shuns all relationships with women, short-term, long-term, romantic, and otherwise. He eventually shuns society as a whole." Some MGTOW have many short-term relationships or engage in sex with prostitutes. Celibacy, however, is also an option. A MGTOW that chooses celibacy over relationships is said to be "going monk" and some embrace maintaining their virginity

MGTOW focus on self-ownership rather than changing the status quo, distinct from the men's rights movement, and see feminists, "white knights", social justice warriors, the LGBT rights movement and support for "safe spaces" as obstacles to male self-ownership. MGTOW have been criticized by the seduction community for being cult-like, antithetical to human nature and likened to separatist feminism. MGTOW have a reciprocal disdain for the seduction community. Politically MGTOW have been variously associated with libertarianism, the alt-right and philosophical anarchism.

According to Roselina Salemi, writing for La Repubblica, the Japanese concept of herbivore men is a subset of MGTOW. Mack Lamoureux writing in Vice sees herbivore men as a consequence of Japanese socioeconomic conditions and MGTOW as an ideological choice. In a DELFI article MGTOW are described as a protest against feminist laws in the West whereas herbivore men are a response to traditional gender roles in Japan, such as those of salarymen. Isaac Simpson writing for Animals magazine likens MGTOW to a Western version of Japanese herbivore men with the caveat that herbivore men are typically not angry, politically motivated or engaged in criticism of gender roles.Kashmira Gander writing for The Independent sees herbivore men serving as role models for MGTOW.

Finnish Swede
11-02-2017, 11:16 PM
''Pyjama boys''.

RickBertrand
11-02-2017, 11:18 PM
''Pyjama boys''.

What is Pyjama boys?

Latinus
06-22-2018, 03:52 AM
I don't agree or disagree. Grown up males are free to make their own decisions. I just find it pathetic those males that spend their online lives in those forums talking negative things about women.
Same with masculinists. Not wanting a relationships or putting women on a pedestal, ok. Bashing women and acting like males are perfect and do nothing wrong, pathetic.

Jägerstaffel
06-22-2018, 04:02 AM
Social interactions seem to be fucked up now, but I think giving up is retarded and gay.

Latinus
06-22-2018, 04:06 AM
Social interactions seem to be fucked up now, but I think giving up is retarded and gay.

Well, they still fuck women (I think, lol), but doesn't want relationships.

Jägerstaffel
06-22-2018, 04:09 AM
Well, they still fuck women (I think, lol), but doesn't want relationships.

do they? i thought they were like incels but proud of it because they think all women are thots

Latinus
09-14-2018, 02:35 AM
do they? i thought they were like incels but proud of it because they think all women are thots

Yes, they fuck women, but doesn't want relationships:

According to the columnist Martin Daubney, members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis.[15] Jeremy Nicholson, writing for Psychology Today, similarly described MGTOW as "guys who have been frustrated and punished to the point that they see no further incentive to relate [to dating] [...], they focus on making themselves happy".
Incels are justs guys that can't get sex. A socially awkward guy is an incel because he can't have sex, but wish.

Óttar
09-14-2018, 02:39 AM
I'm moderately sympathetic to MGTOW and I consider myself a moderate MGTOW, but I plan on having a girlfriend and possibly getting married and/or having (a) kid(s), so I'm not an extremist or a "monk" or anything like that.

Women are quite hard to deal with in modern society, but I think living in an echo-chamber and stewing in negativity and self-pity isn't the answer. The answer is to focus on oneself to the best of one's ability and to cut through the bullsh*t and think for yourself.

You want to see a hooker once in a while because chicks are annoying and don't "make it happen" ? DO IT. What prohibitive expense you face in the short term will pay off in the long run.

Dick
09-14-2018, 02:44 AM
Most people think the grass is greener on the other side. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

peperuda
09-14-2018, 02:55 AM
Losers and genetic dead ends is what they are.

Latinus
09-14-2018, 02:59 AM

Many are "losers", but many aren't. You can't generalize. Leonardo Di Caprio, for example, is always quoted as an example of MGTOW. Do you think he is a loser?

Óttar
09-14-2018, 03:00 AM

Easy for you to say when any woman with two limbs and a pulse can pass on her genes.

Mingle
09-14-2018, 03:01 AM
They're a toxic community.

Latinus
09-14-2018, 03:05 AM
Just another observation: MGTOW is a not movement or anything like that. It's all about the individual, nothing more besides. MGTOW is a lifestyle and the individual X is not responsible for the actions of individual Y.

Meerkat
09-14-2018, 03:11 AM
I think they're stupid.

I met one online and he was super mean to me.

peperuda
09-14-2018, 03:12 AM
Many are "losers", but many aren't. You can't generalize. Leonardo Di Caprio, for example, is always quoted as an example of MGTOW. Do you think he is a loser?

Deciding not to date or marry is one thing, blaming half the world's population for your personal problems and shortcomings is another. They're like petulant kids and their whole "movement" is nothing but a big temper tantrum, that's why no one takes them seriously.

I don't much care for Leo or celebrities in general.

Latinus
09-14-2018, 03:14 AM
Deciding not to date or marry is one thing, blaming half the world's population for your personal problems and shortcomings is another. They're like petulant kids and their whole "movement" is nothing but a big temper tantrum, that's why no one takes them seriously.

I don't much care for Leo or celebrities in general.

Exactlyl ike I said in the first page.