PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ataraxia!

Ataraxia
11-04-2017, 12:21 AM
Hello all! You can call me Ataraxia! I'm an American girl of primarily African descent, with Nordic, Irish, and Asian admixture. While I have a very strong interest in anthropology and enjoy studying cultures in general, I've always been fond of European cultures in particular--I find the histories, artwork, societies, etc. of the various European civilizations throughout history fascinating. I'm really into traveling and backpacking through Europe is one of the top items on my bucket list!

To give some background, I hold a bachelor's degree in computer engineering (honors student :) ). I currently work as a software engineer for a fairly large web services firm. While studying engineering as an undergrad, I minored in Japanese language and culture, and was an exchange student at Kanazawa Institute of Technology for a semester. I'm hoping to go back to grad school in the near future, hopefully somewhere abroad, if possible!

Anyway, I hope I'm welcome here and hope to meet some friendly people. Anthropology and the study of cultures is just another topic I'm interested in and like learning about, as a matter of personal enrichment and becoming a well-rounded, cultured individual. And in today's political climate especially, it'll be a breath of fresh air to get to discuss it with people who don't lie too far to the end either extreme (you know what I mean, I'm sure...haha)

Cheers!

Cristiano viejo
11-04-2017, 12:24 AM
Are you anti-white?

magyar_lány
11-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Hi & welcome dear Ataraxia!:)

Lucia
11-04-2017, 12:26 AM
Welcome! :)

Ataraxia
11-04-2017, 12:31 AM
Thanks magyar_lány and Lucia for the welcome!

Are you anti-white?

Of course not :)

Cristiano viejo
11-04-2017, 12:33 AM
Of course not :)
ok, we will see.

Linebacker
11-04-2017, 12:37 AM
That nickname sounds like a disease.

tekken999
11-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Are you anti-white?

lol no digas tonterías asi, ella ya ha mencionado que tiene interés en cultura europea, como puede ser anti white entonces?

Hello all! You can call me Ataraxia! I'm an American girl of primarily African descent, with Nordic, Irish, and Asian admixture. While I have a very strong interest in anthropology and enjoy studying cultures in general, I've always been fond of European cultures in particular--I find the histories, artwork, societies, etc. of the various European civilizations throughout history fascinating. I'm really into traveling and backpacking through Europe is one of the top items on my bucket list!

To give some background, I hold a bachelor's degree in computer engineering (honors student :) ). I currently work as a software engineer for a fairly large web services firm. While studying engineering as an undergrad, I minored in Japanese language and culture, and was an exchange student at Kanazawa Institute of Technology for a semester. I'm hoping to go back to grad school in the near future, hopefully somewhere abroad, if possible!

Anyway, I hope I'm welcome here and hope to meet some friendly people. Anthropology and the study of cultures is just another topic I'm interested in and like learning about, as a matter of personal enrichment and becoming a well-rounded, cultured individual. And in today's political climate especially, it'll be a breath of fresh air to get to discuss it with people who don't lie too far to the end either extreme (you know what I mean, I'm sure...haha)

Cheers!

Welcome! I hope you get to backpack in Europe one day, it's certainly worth it! There is a lot of ancient and great ruins and cultures in Europe that one can't necessarily find in the US.

magyar_lány
11-04-2017, 12:39 AM
That nickname sounds like a disease.

It means a state of serene calmness.

Linebacker
11-04-2017, 12:40 AM
It means a state of serene calmness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxia

Ataraxia
11-04-2017, 12:44 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxia

Skyrim for the win http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ataxia_(Skyrim)

But yea, it's a Greek term meaning a state of tranquility. Learned it in a Western philosophy class and it quickly became my favorite word ahaha

Cristiano viejo
11-04-2017, 12:46 AM
lol no digas tonterías asi, ella ya ha mencionado que tiene interés en cultura europea, como puede ser anti white entonces?

Teniendo interés en destruirla, claro que sí.

Linebacker
11-04-2017, 12:48 AM
Skyrim for the win http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ataxia_(Skyrim)

But yea, it's a Greek term meaning a state of tranquility. Learned it in a Western philosophy class and it quickly became my favorite word ahaha

Some may call this junk, me, I call them treasures.