PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst physical pain you have suffered ?

Atlas
02-13-2009, 06:55 PM
What is the worst physical pain you have suffered ?

Kidney Stone for me.

Beorn
02-13-2009, 06:58 PM
My wisdom tooth, when it was still attached to my lower jaw.

Having had the thing out, I can actually see why it was causing such pain.
It had a slight 'hook' to the end of the root, which was pulling against the jaw bone.

It's out now, and I am currently doing a grand impersonation of the Elephant Man.

EDIT:

Here's the little bugger. This is only the bottom half, as it broke :(

Ulf
02-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Migraines. Light itself hurts.

Stossy
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM
A bruised toe...
Kicked against a concrete block out of anger with my steelcaps on. Kicked it wrong... bruised my toe...
Man it hurt so freaking much, walking was difficult so much pain I had because of it.

Vulpix
02-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Salmonellosis.

SuuT
02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
In my mid-tweties, I fought 3 people at once. I had decided that no matter what, I was not going to give-in. I had one in a head lock, pounding the s%$t out of his head, and the other two were punching me in my ears, and had already knocked two of my teeth out. Which really hurts, by the way. After the one I had in a head-lock went limp, I went for the biggest of the two that was left, and pummelled him as the other tried to pull me off of him. After he went limp, the third ran away, but I chased him down. At that point I was in 'that' zone of incapcity for pain, and beat him stupid. I left him conscious and made him call himself a bitch before I left him be. They were all Negroes.

Anyway, the next day, I literally could not move my body was in so much pain. Thank the gods for Opiates.

Aemma
02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Ahhh you're all lightweights...childbirth!!! :D Child with a very hairy head the size of a bowling ball, no meds whatsoever and induced, which makes you sense the pain much more acutely. It's a good thing he was cute like his Daddy. :D

[Ok you all knew that some woman at some time was going to say this. May as well be me! :D]

Æmeric
02-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Sprained back. Several times over the years. And a sprained ankle, also several times.

Once when I was about 12, I pulled the car door shut all the way on my hand. Didn't feel a thing. No bruising let alone any broken bones. Didn't know know why my mother & sisters were pointing at me screaming.

SPQR
02-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I was lost in the woods for 12 hours, walking through 2 feet of snow.. had to call search and rescue to find me.. the next day me (and my dog, who was lost with me) were in so much pain we didn't move the whole day. Every muscle in my body tightened with agony whenever I'd move. Walking through that much snow really takes a toll on the body..

But as another member said, thank the gods for opiates ;)

Loyalist
02-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I tore cartilage in my knee when I was 16, which is bad enough itself, except a few pieces somehow lodged in the joint and I couldn't straighten my leg out. I had surgery to remove the damaged pieces, which has helped, although I still have regular pain and stiffness in the joint. It's also made me a candidate for arthritis in the future.

Birka
02-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Passed a few kidney stones last year. I am surprised that I did not break the steering wheel as I was driving myself to the emergency room. Morphine and zophran made me human again.

WinterMoon
02-13-2009, 08:03 PM
My first c-section. It was the worst pain ever. All night I was laying in this horrible hospital bed, flat, because they refused to allow me to be raised up any. The pain was so horrible that I could think of nothing. I tried to think of a happy song and I kept replaying in my head one line of the song liek a mantra to try and keep me focused away from the severe pain. They hooked me up to a machine where I could deliver my own pain relief into my IV, but they failed to tell me that I could only give myself so many doese in a specific time period. The pain was so bad that I watched the clock waiting for every 30 minutes to give myself more meds, but once I used up my quota I found myself stuck with nothing for an hour and half. The meds didn't even touch the pain. I begged the nurse for something more and she gave me something that was supposed to help the medicine work better. It didn't help. So I laid there, flat, repeating one line from a song over and over in my head, gritting my teeth, staring at the clock, and unable to think of anything. The next morning I got a new nurse and she told me that part of the pain was from the pitocin they put in the IV. For those who don't know, pitocin makes you have contractions, and this was after I had been cut up. I begged her to take the IV away, and finally she did. Within just a short time the pain was almost all gone. Oh... and here I am telling you how bad the pain was and I almost completely forgot that I also had extreme chills and shakes as well. They kept pilling heated blankets on me and I just kept shaking so bad and felt freezing. The nurse told me it usually stops within 30 minutes, but I had those chills for several hours. The pain was for about 14 hours until the nurse finally took that pitocin IV drip away.

By my second c-section I was up and walking within a couple of hours, and by my third I was out of the hospital in 2 days. :thumb001:

Manifest Destiny
02-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Cracked tailbone when I was 13 or 14. It was weeks before I could walk slowly without pain and months before I could run without pain.

Psychonaut
02-13-2009, 10:44 PM
The worst pain I've ever experienced was a combination of two injuries I received while sparring. My friend landed two kicks, one to the side of my hip and one to my midsection. He managed to crack two or three of my ribs and dislocate my left leg from the hip. Putting that leg back into the socket with a pair of broken ribs was excruciating.

Brynhild
02-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Ach Aemma, you beat me to it! In my case it was 3 times around. My oldest son was posterior (back onto my back), they tried to induce, I even had an epidural (labour was 20 hours) but I still had the back pain.

The other two consisted of cracking my tailbone during natural labour that came about much quicker. I had a difficult time sitting on my arse for some weeks! :eek:

And then there was the breastfeeding ...

Good thing I love babies.

Atlas
02-14-2009, 12:46 AM
I've heard doctors saying that kidney stones could be worse than child birth.

I also believe that emotional pain/depression can be worse than physical ones.

Fortis in Arduis
02-14-2009, 01:02 AM
My leg was broken into nine pieces below the knee when was hit by a car twenty years ago.

Treffie
02-14-2009, 01:06 AM
I get Cluster headaches - read and weep guys!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache

Lady L
02-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Well, I hate to bring this up again but yea...having babies. My experience was a bit like WinterMoon-but a bit opposite at the same time. My first child I was sent to the hospital to be induced -it was scheduled. The first thing I am told and given is an enema...:eek: well, late me rephrase...I was handed one and told to go to the bathroom...I don't think I expected that. :( Anyway, I lay there from 7 AM to 7 PM trying to get dilated...finally a little after 7 it was time to push. I push push push push push and hardly anything, then the doctor tells me my baby was sunny side up so that wasn't helping either...then by about 9:30 I had reached beyond " I can't do this anymore " so I tell my doctor I just can't anymore- he says a c-section sounds like the next step. So, off I go. It all went really well compared to what I had just went through pushing-I hardly felt any pain and felt good and high off the meds- :p He was born at 10:55 PM...after that was a little tough walking again-but as time passed the pain eased.

2 and 1/2 years later I was ready to have my daughter, it was scheduled again like the other - I was totally expecting it to be as simple as the first c-section...only better without all the pushing and contractions. I had no idea I was entering the most painful experience of my life-and probably ever will experience. The epidural was given to me - that is scary and painful on its own-;) and they allowed time to pass for it to kick in before taking me into surgery...before wheeling me into the cold room the doc pinched me and asked if I could feel that...I said " yes " he looked at me and said.. "well, lets go ahead I think it will be Ok by the time its time"...well, it wasn't. :(

He started cutting on me and I was fighting and yelling and it was so painful I could not be still...it was as if I was given nothing and enduring that- it was the worst pain I have ever imagined. They knew it wasn't going well so they brought in the anesthesiologist and a couple extra nurses to help me...but there was no help. They continued drugging me and all it left me was the same amounts of pain only I couldn't move or fight it anymore- I wasn't fighting them to be mean- I simply couldn't be still. I think I thought I was dieing and breathing wasn't so easy.

I was so messed up when it was over from the drugs-and to think I thought it would be all simple again...:rolleyes:

YggsVinr
02-16-2009, 04:32 PM
A few things but I guess the worst were a concussion and cracked ribs. The concussion was a few years ago following an unfortunate meeting between the back of my skull and a steel pipe shortly followed by concrete. I didn't actually feel anything beyond a split second of being a little dazed when it happened even though the wound bled some. The pain of the following week was definitely not particularly comfortable, but rather felt like my skull was simultaneously exploding and imploding continuously.

I also cracked some ribs some years back and had to spend five hours in the emergency room trying to figure out whether it hurt more to sit straight, sit back, or sit forward :p

Inese
02-16-2009, 05:12 PM
I was 11 years and it was before we moved to Germany!! My parents drove with me to Riga in winter , like we often did, for buying things and my dad had to make business with some partners in a buerau. I and my mum were shopping and my dad promised to catch us with the car after shopping like always. But this time he was late and so my mum and myself went to the place of business by foot!! His car was in front of the house so he was in there. My mom said i should wait outside , she will go in and look why he is late. I was waiting outside and after some minutes two men came out of the building, i have never seen them before. They talked with Russian accent to me and said that i am the daughter of the asshole!!? I instantely know that they are bad people and i wanted to runt o the mainstreet. But i had no chance , they grabbed me and then they pushed me so heavy against the house wall that the back side of my head hit the wall i had incredible pain and felt like getting inconcesionuss!!! Then one slapped me before they went away. I had very much pain and my nose was bleeding. After some minutes i could stand up and i went in the building to search my mom. Some seconds after i entered the building the ambulance was driving down the road to our building! Now i thought something bad happened to my parents i had extremely fear!
I saw my mum coming down with tears in eyes she said my dad was stabbed with a knife and is wounded!!!! But the injury was not deadly he survived and was healthy again after some weeks. He then told me that a business deal over a real estate went wrong and the russians freaked out!!

I had pains for days and a light brain concussion!! The event was the one which decided that we move over to Germany where we have some distant family thanks to my German grandfather!

Arundel
02-20-2009, 01:42 AM
My wisdom tooth, when it was still attached to my lower jaw.

That was really a wicked one. One time I started getting very strange pains in my head, like I had never had before. I was just sure I had a brain tumor. Come to find out it was a wisdom tooth causing all the pain, it was growing side ways into the next tooth, causing the pain. Thank god for a dentist.

Arundel
02-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Ahhh you're all lightweights...childbirth!!! :D Child with a very hairy head the size of a bowling ball, no meds whatsoever and induced, which makes you sense the pain much more acutely. It's a good thing he was cute like his Daddy. :D

[Ok you all knew that some woman at some time was going to say this. May as well be me! :D]

child birth
As I was working on my family history I began to notice the statistics on one woman. She had 11 children and died at the age of 49. No wonder. She spent her whole adult life having babies. But what always amazes me, is how she lived through all 11 births. So many women then, and even now suffer from uncontrable hemoraging. My mother's sister died of it.

The Lawspeaker
02-20-2009, 01:54 AM
For me- until now- it was not the shoulder that I smashed up on school years ago (my god I thought THAT was bad), or a molar that got stuck behind the old one (that was absolute torture) or even the migraine that messed up a part of my childhood.

No to learn what real pain was for me is a recent experience: : a pharyngitis from hell. I was down for two or three weeks, could barely breathe and I was in a very miserable state and I remember calling the doctor and that little..... (explicit).. didn't take it seriously.
At least I finally scored some medicines in a pharmacy and just fought my way through it. I didn't know until then that warm salt tasted so bl..dy awful but takes away the pain so well for a moment.

SwordoftheVistula
02-20-2009, 03:04 AM
Having all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once. For religious reasons, I wasn't put under during this, nor did I take the pain-killers which I had been prescribed nor any other drug. I sat out in the yard for the next couple days, bleeding from the mouth and unable to sleep due to the pain. Also, prior to this surgery, one of the wisdom teeth had dissolved, and hurt like a bitch for weeks until the quarter ended.

When I was a kid I had a paper route, had to go out even in the super cold, I guess this must have been frostbite of some sort, my hands would get cold and numb and hurt, then I 'd get home and run hot water on them until I could feel them again, then they hurt like hell, and I had these weird bumps on my thumbs for years afterwards.

Again as a kid, there was a rope swing in the back yard, could fly up real high and then land in a leaf pile. Once around age 7 or 8 I missed the leaf pile and sprained/chipped my ankle. For years afterwards, until my early 20s, sometimes the ankle would suddenly give out, and would put me in excruciating pain, repeated when I had to walk around on said ankle for the next week or 2.

Another one from when I was about 15 years old: The roads in the area where I grew up were 'paved' by a mixture of stones and tar, a gravel of thumb sized stones would be dumped on the road, and then hot tar dumped on the gravel to keep it in place. Thus, intersections tended to accumulate loose gravel which had broken free from the tar, and the roads were rough and sharp to the point that they were uncomfortable to walk on even for someone accustomed to walking barefoot. One day, after riding down a long hill on my bicycle and building up some speed, I went to turn at the intersection, the bike hit the loose gravel there and went down, and the sharp stones gouged out a huge chunk of flesh, a u-shaped chunk of flesh the size of my kneecap was hanging loose. I made it back home, sat around for the rest of the weekend with minimal use of the leg, the next Monday morning I asked my mom for a ride to school since 'my knee hurt', upon learning the details my parents decided to take me to a religious nursing facility at the state capital an hour away to have it patched up. By then the loose-hanging chunk of flesh had developed a greenish goo, and hurt like hell to walk anywhere for the next few weeks.

Eldritch
02-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Absolutely the worst physical pain I've ever experienced was when I was catheterised before the anaesthic took hold, due to some nurses (apparently) messing up.

I did try protesting, "nurse, that really, really hurts", but she pretended not to hear me. Maybe she was some kind of freak.

Beorn
02-20-2009, 05:59 PM
That was really a wicked one. One time I started getting very strange pains in my head, like I had never had before. I was just sure I had a brain tumor. Come to find out it was a wisdom tooth causing all the pain, it was growing side ways into the next tooth, causing the pain. Thank god for a dentist.

I only ever go to the dentist when it starts to hurt. I can't stand dentists.

Absolutely the worst physical pain I've ever experienced was when I was catheterised before the anaesthic took hold, due to some nurses (apparently) messing up.

I did try protesting, "nurse, that really, really hurts", but she pretended not to hear me. Maybe she was some kind of freak.

:icon_neutral: If that catheter went where I think it did, then you have successfully made me cross my legs and wince in brotherly understanding.

Treffie
02-20-2009, 10:15 PM

[crosses legs] :eek::eek::eek: [/crosses legs]

Loki
02-22-2009, 11:54 AM
No particular event immediately comes to mind. I've had a few terrible headaches, but they are rare. I once as a boy ran through a glass door, and the broken glass cut my tendon near my one arm's pulse. It was deep and hurt like hell. Like everyone else I've had toothaches too, and dentistry-related pain. Other than that I guess I've been lucky, as I'm generally a cautious person who likes to stay out of unnecessary trouble. My luck will probably run out one day though.

Pain is part of life, and the interesting part is that it most likely comes knocking at your door in the worst sense near the end of your life. Sucks eh? :rolleyes2:

Aemma
02-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I also believe that emotional pain/depression can be worse than physical ones.

Oh yes, I most certainly agree with you there Atlas. I most certainly agree. :)

Cheers!...Aemma

Gooding
02-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Kidney stone over here as well.Almost two weeks of grinding pain, then to the hospital, then the perks, which I took hourly (felt much better :D), then that ridiculously tiny piece of curled up rock I pissed into that medical mini-net.I can't even think about it without shuddering.:(

Mikey
02-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Cortisone shot for "tennis elbow", the inflamation has a burning feel but the doc puts the needle into the bone of the elbow, and for a few seconds, an incredible pain, OUCH!!!:eek: Worked real well tho', the burning pain, and needle pain, were gone instantly when he pulled the needle out...

Silverfern
02-24-2009, 08:45 AM
What is the worst physical pain you have suffered ?

Giving birth

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 08:50 AM
It's a three way tie between recovering from a nearly severed finger, luckily the bones only got dug into, not cut completely through, a broken ankle that resulted in the end of my athletic skill it was completely popped out of place, swollen the size of a small mellon, demolished inside, and lastley a broken arm, recovered a fumble in football, both teams piled on my arm, when I got up my arm was bent to the shape of the football. All three of those were at the same pain level I'd say a level 6 on that chart they have in the ER.

Barreldriver
02-25-2009, 08:13 AM
That last one is now void, I am currently experiencing my worst pain so far, I have a lung infection, had to walk to the hospital and back, then go to class as soon as I got back and no money to fill the perscription to make it get better :P It currently feels like I have something sharp jammed inside of my left lung, and a brick lodged inside of my right lung, and yes there is blood when I cough, but the good ole' yankee doc says "don't worry about blood in the cough, it doesn't mean anything." Psht, yeah I'm pretty sure that when you cough, blood ain't suppose to come the heck out, also explains why I'm up at 4:13 in the morning, can't sleep on an account of coughin' up blood and the like.

Solwyn
03-01-2009, 04:33 AM
Having a 10 lb child that wanted to come out sideways.

Frigga
03-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Emotional? Dealing with childhood abuse by your father. So bad that you now disown him, and call his replacement Dad, and tell the replacement that he's the best father anyone could hope for. The after effects of which affect every part of your life, especially how you deal with people who are crossing your boundaries.

Physical? Internal hemorrhoids. They suck ass. (pun intended!)

Grumpy Cat
03-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Getting a piece of glass in my eye. Not only did it hurt, but in some people when one eye is injured the other eye acts in sympathy, so both of my eyes were swollen shut... and I was blind on the only two sunny days of my vacation. :mad:

Brynhild
03-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I meant to elaborate on my previous post about childbirth. You could liken it to squeezing something the size of a watermelon through an opening the size of an orange! :eek:

Talk about being a glutton for punishment 3 times over...

Baron Samedi
03-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Yeah, the wisdom tooth shit was a doozy. I had all 4 taken out at once while I was still awake (mouth was numbed beforehand, though).

Forgot to take the "good stuff" in time before the numbing agent wore off, and it was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life.

Tears were running down my face nonstop. Fun times.

Barreldriver
03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah, the wisdom tooth shit was a doozy. I had all 4 taken out at once while I was still awake (mouth was numbed beforehand, though).

Forgot to take the "good stuff" in time before the numbing agent wore off, and it was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life.

Tears were running down my face nonstop. Fun times.

I feel ya there, they only took 3 of mine out, but I was awake, the needles the shove in the mouth are effin' huge, those hurt like a bitch, then when they wear off I almost beat the shit out o my dentist, he just told me to hold still and take it, I was thinking that afterwards I was going to have to shank the bastard for that. Then when filling out my paperwork afterwards I dropped the pen, so when I bent over to pick it up I drooled blood everywhere. :D

woody
03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I feel ya there, they only took 3 of mine out, but I was awake, the needles the shove in the mouth are effin' huge, those hurt like a bitch, then when they wear off I almost beat the shit out o my dentist, he just told me to hold still and take it, I was thinking that afterwards I was going to have to shank the bastard for that. Then when filling out my paperwork afterwards I dropped the pen, so when I bent over to pick it up I drooled blood everywhere. :D

I've heard these stories from people. When I had mine out, 2 were pulled, 2 cut out. I was out for about an hour longer than I should have been. When I came to, I was being wheeled out to my dad's car. When we got home, I got on the couch and watched TV. He filled the Rx for my Percocet, and I never took one. I was eating solid food that night. I was swollen, but not in pain. But, I guess I have a high pain threshold. 2 year after that, I had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my face from a aerosol can exploding in a fire. It felt like sunburn. A few years after that, I was partying a little (way) too hard, and soaked my hand with lighter fluid and set it on fire. That hurt, but no painkillers. I guess the day I stop feeling pain is the day I'm dead. Pain lets me know I'm still alive.

Barreldriver
03-02-2009, 11:15 AM
I could barely open my mouth after mine were removed let alone eat, I've had previous injury to my mouth/jaw, so anytime something is done around that area it's very sensitive.

HawkR
03-02-2009, 12:05 PM
The occasinally kick in the balls, (hehe:p) But else than that? I really can't remember anything painful. I never had a black eye, never broken anything, I do have dislodged my shoulder and knee, but nothing more. Oh! I know, when someone out of nowhere comes and drag you after your hair in the neck, that hurt! But nothing that I rememeber.

Eut yeah, emotional pain is THE worst.

Gwynyvyr
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Worst:
Cesarean Section in a small country hospital almost 34 years ago. No anesthesiologist, so no anesthesia. None. Nada. Zip.
Yeah, that kinda hurt...:rolleyes2:
It was a choice between waiting for the anesthesiologist (30 minutes) and getting a dead baby or having an emergency c-section then and there and having a 50% chance of a live one.
I took the 50% chance. My daughter will be 34 in September.:)

2nd Worst:
3 WAY TIE: Pulling my own molar when I was homeless, getting the chest tube out after lung surgery or breaking a rib by sneezing after lung surgery.

Close 3rd:
Getting all my teeth pulled last year with only Novocaine. The pulling part wasn't bad, it was when that bugger of a dentist gave me the shots of Novocaine! I think my yells cleared the waiting room....:icon_redface:

Barreldriver
03-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Worst:
Cesarean Section in a small country hospital almost 34 years ago. No anesthesiologist, so no anesthesia. None. Nada. Zip.
It was a choice between waiting for the anesthesiologist (30 minutes) and getting a dead baby or having an emergency c-section then and there and having a 50% chance of a live one.

2nd Worst:
3 WAY TIE: Pulling my own molar when I was homeless, getting the chest tube out after lung surgery or breaking a rib by sneezing after lung surgery.

Close 3rd:
Getting all my teeth pulled last year with only Novocaine. The pulling part wasn't bad, it was when that bugger of a dentist gave me the shots of Novocaine! I think my yells cleared the waiting room....:icon_redface:

Damn! Thats tough.

On another note, I know what you mean about the novocaine, my dentist was some habib twat that must have had it out for me. All I know is each shot hurt like a mother, especially the ones that go in those muscles in the back of your mouth and the roof of the mouth, and underneath the tongue.

Treffie
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Worst:

2nd Worst:

Close 3rd:

Seriously, we are not worthy!

:icon_cry:

Aliandrin
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
I've suffered some pretty bad physical pains, such as a stomach virus that made me feel like my intestines were being eaten alive, and a broken leg of the variety where the bone shoots through the skin... But rejection is definitely the worst pain. I would trade rejection for getting every bone in my body broken three times over.

MarcvSS
03-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Being stabbed in the back, the knife getting twisted a couple of times before it was pulled up...

The stabbing part wasn´t a big of a fuss, the turning of the blade did the trick...

Gwynyvyr
03-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Damn! Thats tough.

On another note, I know what you mean about the novocaine, my dentist was some habib twat that must have had it out for me. All I know is each shot hurt like a mother, especially the ones that go in those muscles in the back of your mouth and the roof of the mouth, and underneath the tongue.

I think they actually TRY to make those shots hurt worse than any other pain on the planet. AGGGGHHH! It is not so bad when that huge needle goes in, but when that dentist starts twisting and wiggling it.:eek:

Kinda funny that I put all those pain experience ahead of getting shot (just a deep graze in my thigh) and stabbed (through the wrist). Those two wounds went numb almost immediately.

Jamt
03-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Being stabbed in the back, the knife getting twisted a couple before it was pulled up...

The stabbing part wasn´t a big of a fuss, the turning of the blade did the trick...

Also been stabbed. At the time I don’t feel anything. Later it hurts like crying.

Birka
03-04-2009, 11:21 PM
I forgot that I had a root canal procedure about 10 years ago that got infected. The doc put me on about 4 pain meds and still my jaw pounded out my pulse in pure pain for 3 straight days and nights. My jaw looked like a baseball was under my skin. The pain meds did not work, but boy did I have some wild hallucinations. He later told me that jaw pain is some of the hardest to alleviate.

Made me think of the drilling scene in "The Marathon Man". Is it safe?

Gwynyvyr
03-04-2009, 11:25 PM
I swear I am going to have dental pain flashbacks and nightmares tonight...*shudder*:eek:

Frigga
03-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Damn Gwynyvyr, I didn't know that!

:faint2:

I admire your grit!

Gwynyvyr
03-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Damn Gwynyvyr, I didn't know that!

:faint2:

I admire your grit!

Thanks!
I had all 7 of mine by c-section, but fortunately had spinal blocks for the 6 after my first!
Heck, by my last c-section I was telling the doc "Hell, honey, just gimmee that spinal, toss me the tools and I can do this myself!":p

My doctor wouldn't let me, dang party-pooper...man had absolutely no respect for a do-it-yourself kinda gal....:rolleyes:

Absinthe
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm torn between that of an middle ear infection and that of tooth inflamation. Sounds silly but it is really excrutiating. The ear drives you crazy. The toothace hurts even when you walk.

I also used to have severe menstrual pains until I started taking birth control. The pain used to spread all the way down to the legs and also the lower back. It was a blunt pain, but nevertheless disabling, as it was constant.
The birth control pills regulated my menstrual cycle (which was highly irregular) and magically, the pain was gone as well! :)

coldielox
03-06-2009, 06:32 PM
i would say mine was c-sections ( i have had 5) ... but it wasn't the c section itself.. but the 4th one i had, after wards, before i even got my feeling back from the spinal.. i started to have the worst shooting pains in my lower tummy.. it took me 3 weeks to figure out what it was.. and it lasted about 2 days.. i was even on morphine at the time. anyways it was my uterus contracting back ... OW!

Freomæg
07-28-2009, 06:41 AM
They talked with Russian accent to me and said that i am the daughter of the asshole!!? I instantely know that they are bad people and i wanted to runt o the mainstreet. But i had no chance , they grabbed me and then they pushed me so heavy against the house wall that the back side of my head hit the wall i had incredible pain and felt like getting inconcesionuss!!! Then one slapped me before they went away.
Wow. Intense story. I guess it explains why you hate Russians so much.

My worst pain was having a 40kg dumbell fall on my big toe from about a foot off the ground. Sounds trivial, I know, but somehow it was excruciating.

I guess I've been lucky really.

Phlegethon
07-28-2009, 09:14 AM
I have a very high pain threshold and whereever possible avoid anesthesia because I want to see what is going on.

My worst injury was in a full frontal car crash where both cars were going at least 65 mph. as I had not fastened my safety belt and was on the passenger seat I traveled through the windshield and thus was the only one who survived. I got a away with lots of fractures, but they can be quite problematic if you have them all at once. When I finally got out of my hospital bed every single muscle in my body had to be reactivated again. The bigger problem was the total helplessness, not the pain, which wasn't so bad after all.

Apart from that I have also been stabbed with a screwdriver once, beaten with broken beer bootles, iron pipes, baseball bats and over improvised weapons. I retired from that lifestyle in my early 20s.

Tabiti
07-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Pulling out a fishing hook from the area between my eyes, without anesthesia.

Sally
07-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Pancreatitis. I have a deformed pancreas (some duct didn't fuse right), and occasionally I get very bad attacks which require week long hospital stays. You're taken completely off food and liquids because the pancreas is basically trying to devour itself.

I was supposed to go to the Mayo Clinic to get the duct repaired, but it's very risky surgery and my HMO in the United States didn't want to cover the cost. :rolleyes:

Crose
07-28-2009, 04:00 PM
When I was younger.. I guess I didn't pay much attention to where I was walking. Stepped on some charcoal that was dumped out at the park.
Stepped on sewing needles. Pulling them out hurt more than anything. (as kids they were used to blow through straws at each other.)

Slipped and fell so hard I bounced back up to my feet only to fall again. Gotta love icy walk ways. :D:embarrassed

Vargtand
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Must be my operation, it was not the operation per say but walking after that was very painful. Testicle surgery, they cut a piece of, and well when walking that region is stretching. :P

Or when I fell down some rocks, I scraped my back for about 2-3 meters.

Or the time when I bit trough my tongue damn there was a lot of blood.

Vulpix
07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Or the time when I bit trough my tongue damn there was a lot of blood.

I did that too :eek:!

Tolleson
07-28-2009, 05:04 PM
I did that too :eek:!

Me three!:(

Svarog
07-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Circumcision with no anesthesia.

Groenewolf
07-28-2009, 05:09 PM
A pain in my back. So horrible I had to crawl to move. Was over next day luckly enough.

Tolleson
07-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Pancreatitis. I have a deformed pancreas (some duct didn't fuse right), and occasionally I get very bad attacks which require week long hospital stays. You're taken completely off food and liquids because the pancreas is basically trying to devour itself.

Aemma's sister has been stricken by this on numerous occassions. Terrible pain right through the back. She has been hospitalized several times for weeks.

They opened the ducts with stents (shunts) of increasing diameters over several months. Sometimes the operation caused another attack, thus longer hospital stay. :mad:

Being the good brother in-law, I made sure she got home safely after each appointment but I did miss the first two holes of a round of golf, once. I had my priorities in place....that time :D

Not fun to see her in so much pain. :(

Jarl
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Circumcision with no anesthesia.

How did that happen?

Svarog
07-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Apart from that I have also been stabbed with a screwdriver once, beaten with broken beer bootles, iron pipes, baseball bats and over improvised weapons. I retired from that lifestyle in my early 20s.

wow, would never imagine you as a street hooligan :eek:

Svarog
07-28-2009, 05:25 PM
How did that happen?

I was 20 and am 'allergic' on chemicals and all of that stuff, I never take anesthesia for anything, dentist and then that. It hurted as hell, and the worse thing is actually looking at people cutting off your stuff and putting the skin back with loads of blood all around. I could not walk for 10 days, it's a bit comical now

Jarl
07-28-2009, 05:28 PM
It hurted as hell, and the worse thing is actually looking at people cutting off your stuff and putting the skin back with loads of blood all around. I could not walk for 10 days, it's a bit comical now

Sounds horrifying... what they cut it off with? Scissors?

Svarog
07-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I think at that moment I was screaming while they were holding me down, cutting was not that hurtful tho, sewing was!!!

I remember Ragnar (also on forum) and my uncle had to carry me back and around for days, and I was wearing a skirt lol

Jarl
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Damn. That must have been a really tough time for you. You deserved a medal ;)

sturmwalkure
07-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Me three!:(

Me four. :D

I also rode a bike into a ditch in the drive-way of a friend's house when I used to live in Kentucky. I ended up limping my way home. It wasn't really a ditch, it was by a driveway culvert (that all the drive-ways in the neighborhood had) at the end of the drive-way, but it was about three feet deep and rather a sudden drop. I am a pretty good bike-rider but I just wasn't watching where I was going. I ended up hurting a lot more the next day though I was fine enough to get home.

Once I fell off my bed and landed on a cardboard box, yes a cardboard box but my tailbone hit it and I was fine initially, but the next day I was in pain. It was right before we'd left on vacation to visit relatives up North (this is since I've lived in Alabama) and I was practically paralyzed for the whole trip. I was able to walk, but not without immense pain. It was pathetic.

I've always been an extraordinarily clumsy individual. I have bruises, scratches etc from bumping into walls, counters and doors. Ever since I can remember, no wonder I didn't stick in ballet. I actually think my mom pulled me out due to my lack of grace and coordination. :D

Phlegethon
07-28-2009, 06:05 PM
wow, would never imagine you as a street hooligan :eek:

Being a nationalist activists all that came to me naturally. I did not have to look for trouble - trouble was looking for me!

Óttar
07-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I had an operation on my Achilles tendon when I was 5, and the pain was so bad I was screaming that I wanted to die. Later, I was in a half body cast for 3 months. I had kidney stones when I was 15. When they sawed off my cast, the doctor bent my knee at a 90 degree angle; that hurt like a bitch. (Seriously, wtf do these damn doctors expect?!)

Nothing else occurs to me at the moment.

Germanicus
07-28-2009, 10:01 PM
About 5 years ago i had an accident at work with a 9" metal grinder, whilst cutting out old pipework a bracket broke and made the grinding wheel stick in the process. When the wheel started again the force of it knocked itself into my face. At the time of impact i thought the guard hit me in the teeth, the force was about the same as someone drop kicking me on the jaw, it surprised me that i did not pass out.
Having the place of mind to let the grinder go still i put it down on the floor of the scaffold i was on, i was about 6 metres high.
The guy i was working with, who was taking pipe off me when i had cut it out shouted to me to stay still, i did not understand, but i did when i felt i was wet.
The blood gushed all over me as you'd expect, i did not panic, but i knew if i did not get off the scaffold i would bleed to death, or pass out and fall off, this i did very carefully.
The emergency guys came and took me to hospital, up to this time i did not know how bad it was, to which i asked? "well you won't be kissing any beautiful women for a while" he said.
When i was being stitched up the surgeon told me i had to have 2 very
big injections through my septum, i have never felt pain like that before or since.
Be assured i will not post pictures,.....the scars are there to see, but luckily i did not lose any teeth.
It took a long time for the scars to heal, which made me depressed, at the time i felt everyone was looking at them, but now it's all healed i am fine with it mentally.

Fortis in Arduis
07-29-2009, 03:52 AM
My lower leg was smashed into nine pieces, which were then miraculously put together with pins and no plates all of which were removed some months after.

The pain was so painful that it was no longer painful, if you know what I mean.

It was exquisite.

Sol Invictus
07-29-2009, 04:03 AM
A high velocity bb gun shot at point blank range to a ligament in my pelvic area which caused a sharp, piercing surge of pain up my entire leg which quickly went numb in a matter of seconds.

I thought for sure the copper ball penetrated into me. I fell to my hands and knees clenching my teeth thinking: Why in the fuck did I let him do that to me?

Left an enormous bruise. Won't ever, ever do that again!

Goidelic
07-29-2009, 04:44 AM
I was 20 and am 'allergic' on chemicals and all of that stuff, I never take anesthesia for anything, dentist and then that. It hurted as hell, and the worse thing is actually looking at people cutting off your stuff and putting the skin back with loads of blood all around. I could not walk for 10 days, it's a bit comical now

I'm sorry you had to be circumcised. How common is the circumcision rate in the Balkans? I heard it's a little bit higher than other parts of Europe.

Goidelic
07-29-2009, 04:47 AM
The worst pain I had was probably when I had a severe bladder infection that I got from a kidney infection, that eventually went away. I had both actually. Whenever I urinated it was extreme pain, and I had to be catheterized. I still have horrific memories from this traumatization.

Svarog
07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry you had to be circumcised. How common is the circumcision rate in the Balkans? I heard it's a little bit higher than other parts of Europe.

I am not sorry really, I am glad I did it.. I don't know for Balkans really, I have no idea, it's not all that common, let's say out of my friends I and one other guy did it, and we both did it willingly, and no, not one of us is a jew or a muslim lol, that's what people always ask me, and I have no idea for Europe either, I doubt it is often in any part of Europe, we don't do that here like people in the United States do.

Inese
07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
A other very strong physical pain was when my dad rolled over my left foot with his car!! :rolleyes: I was 9 years old and he drove me to elementary school and i jumped out but i stayed at the car to knock on the window ---- i sometimes did it to say "bye!" , but this time he already started to drive away and i had my foot in the way of the back tire!! I was not angry on my father it was the fault of us two.

You know , he " only " drove over the front region of my foot but i had multiple broken toes and the main foot bone where the toe bones are attached was broken also!! And i had strong contusions and had to stay in a hospital for two and a half week. After the hospital stay i had to wear plaster cast around my foot for near two months and had to use crutches! But it all healed super and after a half year my foot was good again. Today i can it strein it normal and without pain. And you cant see anything of the accident!

Fortis in Arduis
07-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I did forget to mention my broken heart? F**cking bollox! LOL :D

Phlegethon
07-29-2009, 12:52 PM
A other very strong physical pain was when my dad rolled over my left foot with his car!! :rolleyes:

Happens all the time. That is why I wear steel-capped shoes.

Tabiti
07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Only muslims do that. The non-muslim circumcised guys made that of medical reasons or hygiene obsession, but it is not popular.

Svarog
07-29-2009, 09:08 PM
As I said, I am not a muslim, to avoid the confusion, but Artisch is right

Absinthe
07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
You mean you had your penis circumcized without anesthesia, as an adult, not because of a medical problem, but because of...? :confused:

Phlegethon
07-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Just for fun! Jackass TV! ;)

Luern
07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
I am not sorry really, I am glad I did it.. I don't know for Balkans really, I have no idea, it's not all that common, let's say out of my friends I and one other guy did it, and we both did it willingly, and no, not one of us is a jew or a muslim lol, that's what people always ask me, and I have no idea for Europe either, I doubt it is often in any part of Europe, we don't do that here like people in the United States do.

On your feet!

Hands up!

Jews, step forward!
You don't understand?

Jews, out front!
Get a move on!

Faster! Move it!

Papers!

No! Armenian!

I am Armenian!

I'm not a Jew!
Check it, please!

Check it?

Good idea!

We'll check it.

Armenian?!

And what's that? You wanted
to bugger us with your cock?

Take him away.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/e/europa-europa-script-transcript-delpy.html

Tabiti
07-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Off topic!
"Europa! Europa!" was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It is meant to be based upon true story, but it seems more unrealistic than Lord Of The Rings and other fantasies...

Lulletje Rozewater
07-30-2009, 03:29 PM
My first unmanned car accident.
Stood on the side of the road with a flat tyre,kaffir comes along at at least 80 km/h round the bend,lost his grip????? on the steering wheel right into my car.
He was thrown out through the front window and landed smack boom on the tarmac.
Still conscious(they have hard heads) he stammered" Help me ,help me.
When coming nearer to him I noticed he was without a foot and shoe(short boots).
Just now,I said, must first find your foot.
Suddenly I felt excruciating pain in my left foot,looked at it,but still in tact.
Must have been brought on by the view of a stump.
Took me 15 minutes to find the foot,picked it up,gave it to him and said:"Next time watch were you leave your body parts. The Ambulance arrived and the guy was picked up(now unconscious) without the foot,which they left behind.
I drove like a dummie after the ambulance,stopped them and threw the foot on the passenger side.
You forgot this, I shouted.
Man I still had that terrible pain in my left foot for about 20 minutes.
I seem to have a knack for feeling someone else's pain.
Hope I never meet a person having a heart attack or a stroke

Lysander
07-30-2009, 04:17 PM
When I was in the military we marched for days up and down the mountains in winter time, it was cold, wet and my feet didn't have any skin left of them. Every step was more painful than the other.
That's easily the worst physical and mental pain that I've even been through.

Luern
07-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Four years ago I suffered from a severe attack of rheumatism that kept me awake all night. I wouldn't reiterate the experience, that is, not if I can avoid it.

Gooding
07-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Getting hit square in the balls by a runaway shopping cart.

Ariets
07-31-2009, 12:30 AM
When I had broken my clavicle. It was fucking terrible. My father picked up me from school, take to the hospital but doc says that... they have two hours break! Oh, fuck I was so pissed off! So I had to go to another hospital in other end of the city, and we were driving by worst parts of the city, so road was very leaky and builded from some stones, by every single move I suffered pain. Then after some time I was in hospital, super you say? No, since in Poland thanks to the socialist regime I had to wait around hour or more for gyps-plastering and x-ray shots. Fucking awfull shit. I was about 11-13 years old I think.

I had broke my leg in few parts but it wasn't so much of pain as my sweet clavicle :/.

safinator
11-27-2011, 07:12 PM
When a piece of Iron entered in my foot.
Don't ask me how it happened!!

Damião de Góis
11-27-2011, 10:21 PM
I think it was one of the times i twisted my anckle while playing football. There are several kinds of twists and one particular time it was really bad.

Lábaru
11-27-2011, 10:26 PM
A hit in the head, I remember to see the whites of my skull, resulted in fifteen stitches.

Queen B
11-27-2011, 10:35 PM
- I was so lucky one summer that I had igmoritis, brochitis and amygdalitis , all within a month (which led into brochopneumonia - and I have already gotten 2 pneumonias when I was younger).
The constant headache was multiplied with the hard coughing. My eyes got teary from the pain...
I had to be hospitalized for many days then...

- Broking my big toe, by twisting and by stepping into it.
Its worst than kicking it in a the corner of the wall (been there, done that multiple times)

SaxonCeorl
11-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Probably from spraining my ankle while playing basketball when I was around 13 or 14. I just laid face down on the floor, completely silent and motionless and waited for the pain to go away. That's my usual reaction to pain.

Once a month or so I will get these extreme, sharp pains in my stomach/lower abdomen that only last for a second or two. Then they just disappear. I've had those my whole life.

askra
11-27-2011, 11:08 PM
the main pain that i suffered was when the dentist squeezed with the pliers the braces, i tore due to the pain everytime.
i had a displaced fracture of the little finger of the right hand once while i was playing basketball, however it wasn't really painful.

billErobreren
11-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Every time I dislocate my left shoulder. It happens sometimes but not as often as it did while I was a teenager(fell in a ditch at 15, also had a bad headache for weeks) but I'm used to it now:ohwell:

Black Sun Dimension
11-28-2011, 06:27 AM
I got a full-force knee to my balls from a newbie in the Muay Thai gym that left me on the floor for about 2 minutes. God, I had never been so pissed off in my life.

Susi
11-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Having the bottom of my foot cut open with scissors and no anesthetic

Flintlocke
11-28-2011, 07:14 AM
Having a tooth removed, without anesthesia!!!

Boudica
11-28-2011, 07:20 AM
When a chain link fence went through my arm.

Dead Eye
01-28-2012, 07:22 AM
I was going to say that being kicked in the balls was the worst but then i remembered being kicked in the shin,which was HORRIBLE.(the kneecap ain't too good either)

TheBorrebyViking
01-28-2012, 07:29 AM
I got my finger tips cut off, and I've broke my back and had my a lower lumbar pull on my spinal cord. Let me tell you, Lumbar pain is the worse. Hence why the highest Morphine they give in the states is for back injuries.

Aces High
01-28-2012, 10:30 AM
In a drunken street fight when i was a young rube in South London some girl had broken off the aerial of an 80's car (those telescopic stainless steel ones) and she caught me across my face and neck as hard as she could.

I was like...:eek:......and in an instant sober.

Minesweeper
01-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Basketball to my nose. Ugly pain.:dizzy:

Nglund
01-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Random Epididymitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epididymitis) was probably the worst physical pain I ever had in my life so far. I nearly ended up on the operation table as the doctors had a hard time distinguishing the damn thing from a testicular torsion. Not to mention the fact that I was agonising days before deciding to go to hospital. I constantly had the impression that my testicles were being ripped apart.
Aside from that, I nearly lost my leg after I accidentally kicked a glass door (I was a very clumsy kid back in those days, I cracked my head open several times too:D) but I surprisingly don't remember suffering a lot from the injuries.
Having your bow string slap your forearm (that's usually known as "String slap" at archery) is also a pretty painful experience mind you. :sad: