PDA

View Full Version : The Glorious Spanish Crown Shall Rule Seven Continents and Five Oceans

poiuytrewq0987
01-08-2011, 09:28 PM
So here I'm going to make a roadmap for the restoration of the glory that was the Spanish Empire that gave us glorious Central and South America. So now we're going to discuss how to restore that glory and gain bigger glory than before by having Spanish be the de facto Earth language and the Spanish Crown the only Crown that rules this world.

II.I.MMXI - the Spanish King should do everything as humanly possible to seize power and re-assume its role as the absolute monarch.

IV.I.MMXI - the King should commission the building of a new Spanish armada constituting of 20 battlegroups with each led by 2 super aircraft carriers. To sustain such military growth, action should be taken to assume control of Latin America's economy and develop-exploit it to the advantage of Spain. In addition, a R&D division should be created to build a space fleet constituting of smaller shuttles and a single large warship to wage war from space and to send barrages of bombs to Earth from space.

V.I.MMXI - Relations should be forged and solidified with all Latin American states and incorporate them into the new Spanish Empire as subject states with military and economic cooperation. The military of Latin American states should be incorporated into the new Spanish Empire army with Castilian Spanish the standard language of the new army. The economic development of the Spanish Empire and her subject states should be led by economists in Spain by sending out emissaries to subject states to direct the growth and strength of their economies.

I.I.MMXII - By this time, the first 5 battlegroups out of 20 should be ready to butt heads for American hegemony with the USA and possibly, Canada, and the restoration of New Spain to the Spanish Empire.

XII.I.MMXII - By this time, the naval forces of the United Coalition Forces of America and Canada should be defeated by the Spanish Armada and control of New Spain should be restored to Spain and firmly in the hands of the First, Second and Third Grand Armies of the Spanish Empire constituting of 1 million Spaniards and 3 million conscripts from Latin America.

IDK, I was bored.

Nglund
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Brilliant...:notworth:

Dario Argento
01-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Beatiful... as probable as getting Kosova and Montenegro back.

Gamera
01-09-2011, 12:44 AM
http://gamersmafia.com/storage/comments/605/5/cuentanos_mas_7.jpg

Turkophagos
01-09-2011, 12:55 AM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0805/jerking-off-jerking-off-demotivational-poster-1211523939.jpg

poiuytrewq0987
01-09-2011, 01:23 AM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0805/jerking-off-jerking-off-demotivational-poster-1211523939.jpg

At least Spain got something going today unlike the Greeks along with their delusions of grandeur of their greatness that dimmed away many centuries ago. :P

Alvarado
01-09-2011, 01:53 AM
Sadly, we are becoming the Virreinato of Nuevo Panchito.

http://www.elecuatoriano.com/noticias/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/inmigrantes-ecuatorianos.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nWXGQZFU35Q/SwlOlq0BUiI/AAAAAAAAAUY/43MFlLb3Cp0/s1600/IMG_0010.JPG

http://www.ociolatino.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bolivia-web.jpg

Magister Eckhart
01-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Bring back the Visigoths.

Everything after them is just an Iberian variation on an Arabic theme anyway.

Olé!

Eldritch
01-09-2011, 10:42 AM
So let's see ...

Bulgaria FTW :thumb001:

Serbia FTW :thumb001:

Czechoslovakia FTW :thumb001:

La Unión norteamericana FTW :thumb001:

Atzlán FTW :thumb001:

... and now this. Did I miss anything? :rolleyes:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now I'm actually curious to see what it'll be next week.

poiuytrewq0987
01-09-2011, 11:09 AM
So let's see ...

... and now this. Did I miss anything? :rolleyes:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now I'm actually curious to see what it'll be next week.

??

Don
01-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Olé!

La ignorancia es una dama cruel con sus víctimas al otorgarles la insensatez requerida para arrojarse al vergonzoso pozo que es el hablar sobre lo que uno desconoce o malconoce.

antonio
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Olé!

It's just what tourists want of (some of) us and Postfrancoist dirty era. If not were for upper-class tourist (lower's just to want sun and cheap drink) we were still the spiritual and honourful race painted by the Greek one and described by Cervantes or Quevedo. And I bet Don will eagerly agree with me.:D

Ibericus
01-10-2011, 04:45 PM

Olé!
You are very bright, sir. Hey, we have already 400.000 brits and 200.000 germans, isn't that enough ? :rolleyes:

Raikaswinþs
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM
You are very bright, sir. Hey, we have already 400.000 brits and 200.000 germans, isn't that enough ? :rolleyes:

that is a very conservative number... at least on Brits.
British migration to Spain has resulted in Spain being home to one of the largest British-born populations outside of the United Kingdom. Migration from the UK to Spain has increased rapidly since the late 1990s and the British population of Spain now consists of an estimated 761,000 people

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_depth/brits_abroad/html/europe.stm

oh, also, pensioners are only about 10% of them

poiuytrewq0987
01-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Well, can't blame them if they've saw the glory of Spain and chose to stay instead of returning to their frigid wasteland in the north. :D

Osweo
01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
the British population of Spain now consists of an estimated 761,000 people

Hmm, make that 761,001... :thumb001:

Raikaswinþs
01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Hmm, make that 761,001... :thumb001:

if you're planning to relocate to good auld spain, may I suggest you to try the unexplored Old Castille? you already were in Granada, so you sure speak some spanish. Burgos is a fine choice, although pretty much anywhere will do.

Osweo
01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
if you're planning to relocate to good auld spain, may I suggest you to try the unexplored Old Castille? you already were in Granada, so you sure speak some spanish. Burgos is a fine choice, although pretty much anywhere will do.
Good Gods, will you sell me your sister too?! :eek:

Hmm... Will they laugh at my Sexitano (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almu%C3%B1%C3%A9car) accent, though? :suomut:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/Escudo_almunecar.svg/320px-Escudo_almunecar.svg.png:thumb001:

Raikaswinþs
01-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Good Gods, will you sell me your sister too?! :eek:

Hmm... Will they laugh at my Sexitano (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almu%C3%B1%C3%A9car) accent, though? :suomut:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/Escudo_almunecar.svg/320px-Escudo_almunecar.svg.png:thumb001:

you might get some bashing. but nothing too bad unless you show yourself to be a cuentachistes or a chacha.

Osweo
01-11-2011, 12:31 AM
you might get some bashing. but nothing too bad unless you show yourself to be a cuentachistes or a chacha.

You Burgaleses should be a little more wary of my mala folla... :cool:

KarmaPolice
01-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Hermanos, don't forget these ones as well :thumbs up

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7953/map3s.gif (http://img709.imageshack.us/i/map3s.gif/)

Magister Eckhart
01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Hermanos, don't forget these ones as well :thumbs up

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7953/map3s.gif (http://img709.imageshack.us/i/map3s.gif/)

Imperio espanol in Europe? The Germans beg to differ on that one, and judging by how Charles V's reign ended, I'd say they're right.

Don
01-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Imperio espanol in Europe? The Germans beg to differ on that one, and judging by how Charles V's reign ended, I'd say they're right.

Tus conocimientos son vagos y superficiales, como es habitual en la calidad de la educación y entendimiento de nuestra Historia entre los no europeos, muy en especial entre los estadounidenses.

Los incontables hijos de la actual alemania que mencionas, entre los de las muy diversas naciones que murieron otrora bajo mando de señores españoles en los campos de batalla de Europa, desmentirían con ira tan necias palabras.

Ibericus
01-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Why are you always talking about Spain when it's clear you don't know a shit about us ? I remember you are the one who said our culture is Arabic and that we are a mix of Arabs and visigoths or something like that right ?

The Lawspeaker
01-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Ik denk dat het misschien wat gepaster zou zijn als een Amerikaan zich buiten de Europese politiek houd (zeker omdat het duidelijk is dat zijn kennis op dit vlak nogal te kort schiet).

De Tachtigjarige Oorlog was een drama. Ontstaan door grove fouten aan de zijde van de Edelen en de Spaanse Monarchie. Hoewel de Spanjaarden zich bijzonder misdragen hebben waren ze niet zo gek veel wreder dan in die tijd gebruikelijk was. Hoewel de Nederlands-Spaanse scheiding een ongemeen brute was zou het, als er wat meer gematigdheid aan beide zijden was geweest, anders af hebben moeten lopen.

Helaas de geschiedenis is zoals hij is. Hoewel de Spanjaarden zich in de Nederlanden beestachtig gedroegen waren zij wellicht ook niet zo gek veel wreder dan in die dagen gebruikelijk was. De grootste wreedheden werden begaan onder de Hertog van Alva (die wellicht onterecht in Spanje nog steeds als held werd gezien), zijn opvolgers waaronder de Zúñiga y Requesens en later de Aartshertogen waren veel gematigder tegenstanders.

Overigens hebben de Spanjaarden niet alleen beesten het veld in gestuurd maar ook capabele militairen zoals Spinoza. Een man waar ook de Nederlanders uit die tijd een heilig ontzag voor hadden.

Ik denk dat de Schots-Engelse oorlogen, de oorlogen in Scandinavië, Italië, het Duitse Rijk en de godsdienstoorlogen in Frankrijk en Zwitserland van de wreedheid van oorlogen uit die tijd mooie voorbeelden zijn. Want ook deze sinjeurs konden er wat van... !

Don
01-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Ik denk dat het misschien wat gepaster zou zijn als een Amerikaan zich buiten de Europese politiek houd (zeker omdat het duidelijk is dat zijn kennis op dit vlak nogal te kort schiet).

De Tachtigjarige Oorlog was een drama. Ontstaan door grove fouten aan de zijde van de Edelen en de Spaanse Monarchie. Hoewel de Spanjaarden zich bijzonder misdragen hebben waren ze niet zo gek veel wreder dan in die tijd gebruikelijk was.

Ik denk dat de Schots-Engelse oorlogen, de oorlogen in Scandinavië, Italië, het Duitse Rijk en de godsdienstoorlogen in Frankrijk en Zwitserland daarvan mooie voorbeelden zijn. Want ook deze sinjeurs konden er wat van... !

The Apricity Forum: Cultural & Ethnic European Preservation

> Regional
> The Apricity Regional
> España

Emplee el español o, si no hay más remedio, el Inglés en este espacio, por favor.

Use the Spanish or English in this section, thanks.

The Lawspeaker
01-12-2011, 01:06 AM
The Apricity Forum: Cultural & Ethnic European Preservation

> Regional
> The Apricity Regional
> España

Español o, si no hay más remedio, Inglés en este espacio, por favor.

Use the Spanish or English in this section, thanks.

Mis disculpas. Yo le enseñó una lección. :)

The Lawspeaker
01-12-2011, 01:14 AM

De Tachtigjarige Oorlog was een drama. Ontstaan door grove fouten aan de zijde van de Edelen en de Spaanse Monarchie. Hoewel de Spanjaarden zich bijzonder misdragen hebben waren ze niet zo gek veel wreder dan in die tijd gebruikelijk was. Hoewel de Nederlands-Spaanse scheiding een ongemeen brute was zou het, als er wat meer gematigdheid aan beide zijden was geweest, anders af hebben moeten lopen.

Helaas de geschiedenis is zoals hij is. Hoewel de Spanjaarden zich in de Nederlanden beestachtig gedroegen waren zij wellicht ook niet zo gek veel wreder dan in die dagen gebruikelijk was. De grootste wreedheden werden begaan onder de Hertog van Alva (die wellicht onterecht in Spanje nog steeds als held werd gezien), zijn opvolgers waaronder de Zúñiga y Requesens en later de Aartshertogen waren veel gematigder tegenstanders.

Overigens hebben de Spanjaarden niet alleen beesten het veld in gestuurd maar ook capabele militairen zoals Spinoza. Een man waar ook de Nederlanders uit die tijd een heilig ontzag voor hadden.

Ik denk dat de Schots-Engelse oorlogen, de oorlogen in Scandinavië, Italië, het Duitse Rijk en de godsdienstoorlogen in Frankrijk en Zwitserland van de wreedheid van oorlogen uit die tijd mooie voorbeelden zijn. Want ook deze sinjeurs konden er wat van... !

Translated:

I think that it would be more befitting for an American to stay out of European politics (and particularly when it shows that his knowledge in this field is lacking substance).

The Eighty Years War was a drama. Mainly caused by mistakes from the nobility and the Spanish monarchy. Even-though the Spanish severely misbehaved themselves in the Netherlands they may ultimately be not too much more brutal then was common at the time.

Even-though the separation was a brutal one there would have been opportunities to let it all have ended very differently (if of course there would have been more moderation).

Unfortunately history is what history is. And even-though the Spanish misbehaved severely it wasn't much more cruel then was common. The majority of all atrocities were committed under the Duke of Alva (who is, maybe unjustly, still considered a hero in Spain), his successors like Zúñiga y Requesens and later on the Archdukes were much more moderate adversaries.

The Spanish did not only send complete butchers into the field either: but also very capable military men like Spinoza. A man that even the Dutch of those days respected.

I think that the wars in England-Scotland, Scandinavia, the Holy Roman Empire, Italy and the religious wars in France and Switzerland were rather good examples of the brutality of how wars were fought in those days. Because these gentlemen were really into it !

The Lawspeaker
01-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Besides.. while we are at it. I might just as well point out that the Eighty Years War was a sequence of events. Set into motion probably in 1517. (95 thesis, remember ?)

Let's make a very long story short. The Netherlands were the price possession of the Spanish Royal Family in Europe at the time. Even-though they were strictly speaking.. not in Spanish hands as they were a part of the Holy Roman Empire. In those days Charles V was on the throne (if I remember correctly he abdicated in 1550.)

Philips II maybe was a good king for Spain but a poor landlord when it came to the Germans and the Netherlands as he didn't speak the language for starters nor understood the culture. He didn't understand the intricate network of provinces and fiefdoms, old privileges, freedoms and customs very well. This would already set a bomb in the 1550s which would start ticking. When Protestantism became more influential here he tried to root it out. This would prove to be a mistake as it would lead him to a direct confrontation with the nobles.

In 1566 there was a famine in the Netherlands and coupled with tax revolts and religious unrest (The Iconoclasm) this would lead straight to trouble with a ruler that didn't understand or wished to understand what was going on. He left ruling the Netherlands to a Governor that didn't understand the situation either and nothing illustrates that better then the following event that happened on April 5, 1566 when the nobles came to offer The Request (a petition of grievances.) One of our councillors, Berlaymont, said ""What, madam, is your highness afraid of these beggars ?"

Saying this against respected nobles.. proved to be a big mistake and the bomb went off. At first it was not even a war of independence and as a matter of fact William of Orange closed the gates to Antwerp when a rebel army was crushed by the Royal Army. It all became a lot worse when Alva got send in.

One can say that his behaviour turned a mere religious skirmish and a tax revolt into a war of independence. It can be found right in Het Wilhelmus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Het_Wilhelmus).
Just read it for yourself, Wagnerian.

1st stanza:
William of Nassau, scion
Of a German and ancient line,
I dedicate undying
Faith to this land of mine.
A prince am I undaunted,
Of Orange, ever free,
To the king of Spain I've granted
A lifelong loyalty.

5th stanza:
My shield and reliance
are you, o God my Lord.
It is you on whom I want to rely,
never leave me again.
[Grant] that I may remain brave,
your servant for always,
and [may] defeat the tyranny,
which pierces my heart.

12th stanza:
Nothing makes me pity so much
in my adversity,
then that are seen to be impoverishing
the good lands of the King
That you are molested by the Spaniards,
O Noble Netherlands sweet,
when I think of that,
my noble heart bleeds.

It only became a war for independence after Alva had gone around like a lunatic. You can easily compare this situation to.... Northern Ireland.
At first the British soldiers were welcomed. Then came Bloody Sunday.

At first the Spanish soldiers were seen to guard the peace. Then Alva began to act like a lunatic with his Bloedraad, his executions of nobles and the atrocities.

The Lawspeaker
01-12-2011, 01:42 AM
For those interested in the history of it all. The Act of Abjuration (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2326&highlight=oath+abjuration) (Dutch declaration of independence) could be some interesting reading material.

Magister Eckhart
01-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Why are you always talking about Spain when it's clear you don't know a shit about us ? I remember you are the one who said our culture is Arabic and that we are a mix of Arabs and visigoths or something like that right ?

I'd hate to break it to you but your country was dominated by Arabs for a decent portion of its history, and a great quantity of both the Arabic language and Arabic customs have been thoroughly assimilated into Spanish culture. Olé is only the most superficial example.

You Spanish chauvinists are eventually going to have to learn to step back and admit certain things about your people that are unsavoury; The Black Legend is an exaggeration, but like all stereotypes, it comes from somewhere.

Don
01-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I'd hate to break it to you but your country was dominated by Arabs for a decent portion of its history, and a great quantity of both the Arabic language and Arabic customs have been thoroughly assimilated into Spanish culture. Olé is only the most superficial example.

You Spanish chauvinists are eventually going to have to learn to step back and admit certain things about your people that are unsavoury; The Black Legend is an exaggeration, but like all stereotypes, it comes from somewhere.

There is no shame to a caballero to have fought a deadly and long battle versus a huge and dark dragon who came from the sands, the most powerful of the era, and finally beat the monster, after many sacrifice, constancy and strength of body and soul, by his own hand and heart.

Its an honor to him, as a warrior, to win such a formidable enemigo, kick him from his lands; an experience that grants him the ability, conviction and courage to beat anyone on earth and build an empire based in his arms, cojones and swords; as he did after dispatch the Islam from the West.

Another consequence of the lack of knowledge about European History and Europeans, in particular, Spaniards.

Ibericus
01-12-2011, 01:02 PM

I'd hate to break it to you but you are an ignorant :
1. They were not Arabs, but Berbers.
2. They were always a minority. Their impact was minimal.
3. The arabic words make only 3% of the spanish vocabulary, plus spanish is not the only language spoken in Spain.
4. There are no arabic customs in Spain

Lábaru
01-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Iberia was never completely conquered, in the northern we expelled the Muslims. Muslims only resisted in the southeast, the Kingdom of Granada, area that was eventually re conquered, expelled the Muslim habitants and repopulated by Old Christians.

Either way am I wrong, or your president is black?

Vasconcelos
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Iberia was never completely conquered, in the northern we expelled the Muslims. only the southeast, the Kingdom of Granada, area that was eventually re conquered, expelled the Muslim inhabitants and repopulated by Old Christians.

Either way am I wrong, or your president is black?

The Moors never had any real control on the regions North of the Douro river, not even in the 8th century. They made some raids and pillaged, but that's about it, they couldn't even tax the people..that's hardly a conquest. Problem was that there was no real Christian ruler on these lands, which is why until the Kingdom of Asturias was born that the North was kind of a no man's land.

Ibericus
01-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Yes, when you see the historical maps of that period, the fact that a territory is under Muslim rule, doesn't mean there were lots of moors living there : It was only a territory given to them by military orders, nothing more. A few soldiers and that's about it, though they never really managed to control the North. By the way it's not true that it lasted 800 years : Only the Reyno de Granada. The rest varies a lot. Galicia less than 20 years for example. Overall the moorish populations was less than 5% of the population, and mostly confined in the South while the natives were mostly confined in the north, which was overpopulated at that time, due to escaping of christains to the north.

The Lawspeaker
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Sweet Jesus.. Wagnerian. Before you are going to write such stuff about a European country at least read more about the matter.

The Lawspeaker
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
He is just as bloody ignorant when it comes to the Netherlands lol.
North OR South.

Alvarado
01-12-2011, 03:43 PM
You Spanish chauvinists are eventually going to have to learn to step back and admit certain things about your people that are unsavoury;

I admit that Iberian muslims were more advanced than the Irish in all the possible ways.

This is unsavoury:

They live on beasts only, and live like beasts. They have not progressed at all from the primitive habits of pastoral living. While man usually progresses from the woods to the fields, and from fields to settlements and communities of citizens, this people despises work on the land, has little use for the money-making of towns, contemns the rights and privileges of citizenship.

This is a filthy people, wallowing in vice. Of all peoples, it is the least instructed in the rudiments of the Faith. They do not yet pay tithes or first fruits or contract marriages. They do not avoid incest. They do not attend God’s church with due reverence. Moreover, and this is surely a detestable thing, and contrary not only to the Faith but to any feeling of honour – men in many places in Ireland, I shall not say marry, but rather debauch, the wives of their dead brothers. They abuse them in having such evil and incestuous relations with them…

Giraldus Cambrensis, History and topography of Ireland.

http://historyireland.blogspot.com/2009/10/gerald-of-wales.html

The Black Legend is an exaggeration, but like all stereotypes, it comes from somewhere.

I suppose that Irish stereotypes come from somewhere.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/TheUsualIrishWayofDoingThings.jpg/250px-TheUsualIrishWayofDoingThings.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Punch_Anti-Irish_propaganda_%281882%29_Irish_Frankenstein.jpg/446px-Punch_Anti-Irish_propaganda_%281882%29_Irish_Frankenstein.jpg

http://www.ushistory.org/us/images/00034223.jpg

http://chnm.gmu.edu/exploring/images/redfield1.jpg

Gaztelu
01-23-2011, 03:26 AM
What happened to Libre?

The Lawspeaker
01-23-2011, 03:32 AM
What happened to Libre?

The God "Loki" seems to have used the magic card on him for asshattery:
http://download.schwertmeer-allianz.de/sven2k/Magic%20Cards/Banhammer.jpg

poiuytrewq0987
01-23-2011, 07:21 PM
The God "Loki" seems to have used the magic card on him for asshattery:
http://download.schwertmeer-allianz.de/sven2k/Magic%20Cards/Banhammer.jpg

Not permanent, unfortunately. He'll be coming back.

Vasconcelos
01-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Oh mah Gawd, a zombie!