PDA

View Full Version : New Delhi reportage in German

Mortimer
11-20-2017, 04:23 AM
The reportage says "its the filthiest city in the world" but actually it is the most air polluted city in the world with dangerous SMOG. It didnt looked that dirty to me I mean the streets. I see 99% cars (there was only one elephant on the streets), I see streets and infrastucture are ok, and the place looks ok. The people look decent and good. Not like rapists or street shitters or primitive etc. I dont know their caste though. Well they also go into a appartment of one indian guy to ask how he lives with smog in his appartment and the appartment looks nice, they have internet too. The girls who took down the surgeon mask to take some selfies looked hot. It looks like a place I could live if not for the dangerous unhealthy smog. The reporter feelt nauseaus and had physical problems after a short time already. Thats why I wouldnt live there but otherwise I would live there.

Please watch and tell me your impressions. I think its not longer than 10-15 minutes but its in german.

https://www.prosieben.at/tv/galileo/videos/313-smog-alarm-in-neu-delhi-clip

zhaoyun
11-20-2017, 04:27 AM
i cant watch it, it says the video does not play in your country

Mortimer
11-20-2017, 04:27 AM

i see. thats shit. sorry bro. i hope some others can watch it.

Mortimer
11-20-2017, 04:29 AM

the guys who talked looked smart and well rounded and down to earth not like Fractal bragging etc. They were aware India needs to do alot but they were positive they said they hope in future india will be like new york or berlin or any other place but it takes hard work.

zhaoyun
11-20-2017, 04:32 AM
the guys who talked looked smart and well rounded and down to earth not like Fractal bragging etc. They were aware India needs to do alot but they were positive they said they hope in future india will be like new york or berlin or any other place but it takes hard work.

Unfortunately pollution is a common theme with rapid industrialization. China still suffers from major pollution though they are getting serious about cleaning up now and are the major investors in renewable energy. The US, UK, Japan, etc was once extremely polluted when they were going through the first stage of industrialization.

Regarding the burning crops though, I had a similar experience 12 years ago when I was on an old train visiting the city of Nanjing from Shanghai. It was the early evening but as we approached the city, the air was filled with fumes and the sky was dark. I asked some old man on the train why it is so polluted in Nanjing, and he said it was the time of year where farmers burn their crop fields because I believe they thought it would make the ground more fertile. So it is similar to what is happening in Delhi now, but I think they've stopped the practice in China. It is an extremely environmentally harmful practice.

Mortimer
11-20-2017, 04:45 AM
Unfortunately pollution is a common theme with rapid industrialization. China still suffers from major pollution though they are getting serious about cleaning up now and are the major investors in renewable energy. The US, UK, Japan, etc was once extremely polluted when they were going through the first stage of industrialization.

Regarding the burning crops though, I had a similar experience 12 years ago when I was on an old train visiting the city of Nanjing from Shanghai. It was the early evening but as we approached the city, the air was filled with fumes and the sky was dark. I asked some old man on the train why it is so polluted in Nanjing, and he said it was the time of year where farmers burn their crop fields because I believe they thought it would make the ground more fertile. So it is similar to what is happening in Delhi now, but I think they've stopped the practice in China. It is an extremely environmentally harmful practice.

I hope they can keep industrialisation and urbanisation while at the same time reducing pollution. I hope they can do that. The reporter said this one elephant was the most environmental friendly transport but its no solution to ride elephants in the capitol in the 21st century.

zhaoyun
11-20-2017, 04:49 AM
I watched the report using a VPN service I had purchased for my China trip (as they block google there). The air quality seems horrendous. Can't imagine being stuck in that. About the apartment, yeah, it looks middle class, not that dissimilar to many urban apartments in China actually.

Mortimer
11-20-2017, 05:13 AM
I watched the report using a VPN service I had purchased for my China trip (as they block google there). The air quality seems horrendous. Can't imagine being stuck in that. About the apartment, yeah, it looks middle class, not that dissimilar to many urban apartments in China actually.

cool that you were able to watch it.

wvwvw
11-20-2017, 05:16 AM
You don't consider the bathing in sewers and next to flowing dead bodies, filthy?

If India wasn't the filthiest country on planet it wouldn't be first in birth defects.

Mortimer
11-20-2017, 05:17 AM
You don't consider the bathing in sewers and next to flowing dead bodies, filthy?

If India wasn't the filthiest country on planet it wouldn't be first in birth defects.

I think thats not true really. Or at least not true for 99% of india. I think you cherrypicked that to represent india.

Fractal
11-20-2017, 05:18 AM
Not available in my country I'll need to switch my VPN to another country to watch it. Hold.

wvwvw
11-20-2017, 05:21 AM
I think thats not true really. Or at least not true for 99% of india. I think you cherrypicked that to represent india.

I cherry picked nothing. Birth defects (the worst kind) are sky high in all parts of India. And the vast majority of Indians lack toilets.

Mortimer
11-20-2017, 05:22 AM
I cherry picked nothing. Birth defects (the worst kind) are sky high in all parts of India. And the vast majority of Indians lack toilets.

now modi built them toiletts but some dont use it. but now he public shames those who dont. in some years it will change i guess.

wvwvw
11-20-2017, 05:29 AM
now modi built them toiletts but some dont use it. but now he public shames those who dont. in some years it will change i guess.

The gypsies are more civilized than Indians. I see their houses and I see they have laundry every day, their home always tidy. Despite the fact they live many people in one place, and their homes are in poor condition.

Fractal
11-20-2017, 05:33 AM

I have an idea. All European gypsies should become guest workers in India. Sort of like how the USA imports all these beaners from Mexico to do our labor jobs and agriculture. Instead, India should do the same with your people, and you can clean up the streets of Mumbai and Dehli, remove all the garbage, human waste, and help the dalits tidy up their houses. (just kidding by the way)

Also, Greeks should be hired as housemaids for the upper class Indians. Imagine having a Greek housemaid doing your laundry. I won't lie I'm sometimes too lazy to make my own bed and clean up my room.

Mortimer
11-21-2017, 12:04 AM
I have an idea. All European gypsies should become guest workers in India. Sort of like how the USA imports all these beaners from Mexico to do our labor jobs and agriculture. Instead, India should do the same with your people, and you can clean up the streets of Mumbai and Dehli, remove all the garbage, human waste, and help the dalits tidy up their houses. (just kidding by the way)

Also, Greeks should be hired as housemaids for the upper class Indians. Imagine having a Greek housemaid doing your laundry. I won't lie I'm sometimes too lazy to make my own bed and clean up my room.

Did you watched the reportage? Do you agree with what I said in OP?