PDA

View Full Version : I do not understand my haplogroups, R-P310 and H5A1

Arverni
11-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Hi,

I am new to this forum (but I read your posts since a year) and sorry if I created this thread on the wrong section, feel free to move it :)

I did DNA test, and I had a very strange haplogroup that I do not understand.
My mother's mother is from Auvergne region is France, and her father is a mix between Burgundy and Lorraine
My father is from Midi-pyrénees and Languedoc (today Occitania region, south of France)

I learnt that my paternal haplogroup was R-P310 and that my mom one was H5A1. From what I know, R-P310 is part of r1b R-M269, but what does the P-310 has specifically? informations are not totally clear online

Then my maternal haplogroup was H5A1, it seems common everywhere in Europe , but has high concentrations in Wales, Slovakia...why in such different places? to which ethnic group does it correspond?

And my final interrogation was about my blood distribution. I learnt that I was 58% Southern European (which is logical for a south French, even if it seems a lot). How can I know if this blood is simply more south French, Italian or greek or spaniard? They told me that my reference population was the greeks, even if I am tall, pale, fair eyed and have auburn hair

The biggest surprise was to learn that I had 29% of my blood coming from the Britain and Ireland. This is the most surprising. There have been many populations moving from France to Britain, but not from Britain to France from what I know. I have not known British ancestry, all my family trees only have an account of a French serving in the French king scot guards but he was a native frenchman. Which population movement could have provide me a so huge rate of British blood? I don't have a lot of breton origin (western France where the British Celts fled to avoid the germanic invaders) which could have explained this britishness.

Finally, I discovered 9% east European. New surprise. I just know that many of my father's ancestors had Visigothic names, the wisigoths were germanic but probably carried a lot of Eastern European elements because they stayed in the baltic region for a while. Would it be an explanation? furthermore I have no germanic blood in my results despite that my family had many germanic origin names. Does it mean that these names were germanized slavs or something like this? Another explanation could my grandfather who had Burgundy and lorraine blood. Burgundy was invaded by the Burgonds who were from Poland (but were they germanic?) and Lorraine was re-populated by many immigrants in the 16th century, often from Switzerland and Tyrol. But from what I know these regions are not particularly slavic.

It is a lot of questions, I know, sorry about that but despite a night of researches I can't find any explanation. If you could help me it would be Wonderfull :)

Thank you in advance

Kelmendasi
11-22-2017, 04:58 PM
R1b-P310 is the ancestral clade of Germanic, Celtic and Italic branches of R1b meaning that your paternal ancestors were the IE people who developed into those groups. H5a1 is a descendant of H5 which probably entered Europe during the Neolithic, H5a1 is mainly found in Austria afaik

Arverni
11-22-2017, 05:30 PM
Thank you very much mate for your answer!
So my haplogroups have been explained

Does any one has any idea about the origin of this British origin and Eastern European one?

Armenian Bishop
11-22-2017, 05:34 PM
R1b-P310 is the ancestral clade of Germanic, Celtic and Italic branches of R1b meaning that your paternal ancestors were the IE people who developed into those groups. H5a1 is a descendant of H5 which probably entered Europe during the Neolithic, H5a1 is mainly found in Austria afaik

Helpful information ...

Kelmendasi
11-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Thank you very much mate for your answer!
So my haplogroups have been explained

Does any one has any idea about the origin of this British origin and Eastern European one?
The British could be from Celt admix whilst idk about the eastern European. Have you tried other calcs such as Gedmatch or DNAland?

Arverni
11-22-2017, 06:42 PM
The British could be from Celt admix whilst idk about the eastern European. Have you tried other calcs such as Gedmatch or DNAland?

I did not they these ;)

Yeah I have probably Celtic blood but didn't the Celts came from Central Europe? Why would this explain my British origin? I mean except a few possible rapes during the hundred years war I can't find what can explain it. 29% seems really really high

Or is it possible that it is a German/Dutch Germanic origin that they have associated wrongly with
GB because of the anglo-saxons germanic origins?

Kelmendasi
11-22-2017, 07:19 PM
I did not they these ;)

Yeah I have probably Celtic blood but didn't the Celts came from Central Europe? Why would this explain my British origin? I mean except a few possible rapes during the hundred years war I can't find what can explain it. 29% seems really really high

Or is it possible that it is a German/Dutch Germanic origin that they have associated wrongly with
GB because of the anglo-saxons germanic origins?
It could be misinterpreted Germanic or it could be because you have distant ancestry from places like Brittany, try upload your raw data to these https://dna.land/, https://gencove.com/, https://www.geneplaza.com/

Arverni
11-22-2017, 07:53 PM
It could be misinterpreted Germanic or it could be because you have distant ancestry from places like Brittany, try upload your raw data to these https://dna.land/, https://gencove.com/, https://www.geneplaza.com/

I looked at it, thanks for the link and actually my results aren't 100% released, I have to wait 3 more weeks. But as I am a bloody impatient person that likes speculating, maybe we can still try to find some reasons of eastern European and British ancestry :p

Rethel
11-26-2017, 08:15 AM
You're an IE, it's all what matters :)

Arverni
11-26-2017, 11:54 AM
You're an IE, it's all what matters :)

sorry but what does IE mean? I cannot find the translation online

Rethel
11-26-2017, 12:01 PM
sorry but what does IE mean? I cannot find the translation online

Indoeuropean.
The abrreviation is taken from the form Indo-European, and is very often used on TA (The Apricity).

Arverni
11-26-2017, 11:42 PM
Thank you very much everyone I really appreciate your helpful informations.

Actually this will be my last question: my maternal haplogroup is H5A1. But I cannot find any information on this online, the report just says that it is from either Anatolia either South East Europe. But do you have deeper informations? I just know that H5A was at the origin of a Romanian Moldovian and Ukrainian culture, but nothing is said about its H5a1 subclass

Rethel
11-27-2017, 09:18 AM
Thank you very much everyone I really appreciate your helpful informations.

Actually this will be my last question: my maternal haplogroup is H5A1. But I cannot find any information on this online, the report just says that it is from either Anatolia either South East Europe. But do you have deeper informations? I just know that H5A was at the origin of a Romanian Moldovian and Ukrainian culture, but nothing is said about its H5a1 subclass

Just leave it.
You cannot find any real information about any mt.
It is just useless.

Be good IE and do not care about that silly stuff. :)

Arverni
11-27-2017, 07:20 PM
Just leave it.
You cannot find any real information about any mt.
It is just useless.

Be good IE and do not care about that silly stuff. :)

haha fair enough, but I am really interested in it, so if anyone has just a bit of information I would take it with pleasure :)

Arverni
12-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Hi again, sorry for spamming the topic but I have a very final interrogation (I promise)
My grand father is a mix from Lorraine and Bourgogne (Burgundy), which are celto germanic regions. It should belong to the Central Europe genetic group right? However, I do not have any Central Europe percentage in my results (58% south European, 29% British isles and 10% Eastern European). Would he be related to Eastern Europe? He is unlikely south European, he is tall and had dark blond hair with dinaric features (like many people in Lorraine). I would have expected him to be highly germanic or keltic. So If you have an explanation or hypothesis you are very welcomed to provide it :). I mean he is 25% more or less of my blood, I should have at least 10% Central Europe in my results no?
Thanks