Rostislav
01-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Thank :)

Peerkons
01-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Batķa xD

Raikaswinþs
01-10-2011, 05:39 PM
hey coat, can you speak belarusian? I would like one day to make a documentary on Belarus, one of the most interesting areas of europe right now (well, at least withing my personal ranking of "what's interesting")

Rostislav
01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
hey coat, can you speak belarusian? I would like one day to make a documentary on Belarus, one of the most interesting areas of europe right now (well, at least withing my personal ranking of "what's interesting")

Yes, i can speak Belarusian. :) So, what can i do to help you ? :)

Raikaswinþs
01-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Yes, i can speak Belarusian. :) So, what can i do to help you ? :)

Do you currently live in Belarus?

Rostislav
01-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Do you currently live in Belarus?

Yes. :)

poiuytrewq0987
01-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Some kind of Alpine and Baltid mix?

Raikaswinþs
01-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Yes. :)

that is so awesome, I had the oportunity to visit Pinsk this summer but in the end I went to Ostrava for the Music festival. This summer hower is Belarus' turn.

Bring it on, Giant of Minsk!!

Agrippa
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Pred. Dinarid-Cromagnid rather.

Saruman
01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Pred. Dinarid-Cromagnid rather.

Yes, can pass as Montenegrin or Herzegovinian?:D Rather surprising?

Agrippa
01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes, can pass as Montenegrin or Herzegovinian?:D Rather surprising?

He reminds me on some Czechs, Slovaks and the like. More of the Western Slavic spectrum probably.

Rostislav
01-12-2011, 07:49 PM
He reminds me on some Czechs, Slovaks and the like. More of the Western Slavic spectrum probably.

I thought Dinaric are more South Slavic spectrum.

Saruman
01-12-2011, 08:04 PM
I thought Dinaric are more South Slavic spectrum.

Well there are many Dinaroids among West Slavs too. Norids in Poland, Dinarids in southern Polish mountains, among Slovaks Dinarid element seems to be maybe even the strongest. And Czechs have them too. Of course generally West Slavs have a higher percentage of Norids among their Dinaroids than South Slavs.

Guapo
01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Well there are many Dinaroids among West Slavs too. Norids in Poland, Dinarids in southern Polish mountains, among Slovaks Dinarid element seems to be maybe even the strongest. And Czechs have them too. Of course generally West Slavs have a higher percentage of Norids among their Dinaroids than South Slavs.

Slovaks and south Slavs are the same. Slovak hockey team is all dinarid. I hope Belarus takes over the world.

Rostislav
01-12-2011, 08:10 PM

I agree with you. I dont know much about Slovak but from my experience, Poles are quite often Baltid in these day and Baltid are one of the most common among Poles, right ?

Saruman
01-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Slovaks and south Slavs are the same. Slovak hockey team is all dinarid.

Yeah, I knew few of them, like South Slavs, they are somewhat more culture obsessed than Czechs (being more religious Catholics).
Fmr. high representative in Bosnia and current Slovak FM Miroslav Lajcak is basically a textbook Dinarid. :D

http://www.vecernji.ba/slika-640x348/vijesti/miroslav-lajcak-glavni-je-kandidat-povjerenika-eu-balkanu-slika-181661

http://image.dnevnik.hr/media/images/original/Oct2007/75999.jpg

They seem to have a strong Eastalpinid element too, one Slovak girl I know is a combination of those, and another one is Dinarid.

Guapo
01-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I knew few of them, like South Slavs they are somewhat more culture obsessed than Czechs (being more religious catholics).
Fmr. high representative in Bosnia and current Slovak FM Miroslav Lajcak is basically a textbook Dinarid. :D

http://www.vecernji.ba/slika-640x348/vijesti/miroslav-lajcak-glavni-je-kandidat-povjerenika-eu-balkanu-slika-181661

http://image.dnevnik.hr/media/images/original/Oct2007/75999.jpg

They seem to have a strong Eastalpinid element too, one Slovak girl I know is a combination of those, and another one is Dinarid.

Look at Coon's example of Slovaks, they look like Montenegrins. Not just that, I've read Serbian books published in the 18th century, the language was more closer to Slovak but Vuk Karadzic changed it to sound more like his mother dialect(Hercegovinian).

Rostislav
01-12-2011, 08:21 PM

Saruman
01-12-2011, 08:23 PM
I agree with you. I dont know much about Slovak but from my experience, Poles are quite often Baltid in these day and Baltid are one of the most common among Poles, right ?

Yes Baltid, especially if you include partially balticised Cromagnoids (West-Baltid), is definitely the strongest element. Also Nordids (usually Eastern variant) are numerous, Dinaroids, Eastalpinids possibly too, some Pontids as well. And of course mixtures between those mentioned are numerous as well.

Saruman
01-12-2011, 08:39 PM

Yes, I think she can pass as Eastalpinid and yes, Eastalpinid is Alpino-Baltid but also with some aurignacoid (Pontid,Nordid) thrown in, was visible in that woman too (why have you removed her photo :D)

Rostislav
01-12-2011, 08:43 PM
why have you removed her photo :D)

Because i thought this thread is going to be close, so that's why i removed her photo. :redface_002: