PDA

View Full Version : If there was another Balkan War... who would win?

poiuytrewq0987
01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Excluding Turkey, which country do you think would come out of the war victorious? Assuming the possible participants are Greece, Serbia, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Montenegro, Muslim Bosniaks and Slovenia.

Serbia, Montenegro, Romania and Greece will probably try to form an alliance against Croatia, Slovenia, Muslim Bosniaks, Albania and Bulgaria. My guess is the former is more likely to win against the latter since Greece's armies are much more superior compared to Bulgaria's soviet-era armies thanks to modernization of Greece's armies on German's marks. And the rest, Slovenia, Albania and Croatia cannot be considered serious contenders when pitted against Serbia, Romania and Greece.

Dario Argento
01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Excluding Turkey, which country do you think would come out of the war victorious? Assuming the possible participants are Greece, Serbia, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Montenegro, Muslim Bosniaks and Slovenia.

Serbia, Montenegro, Romania and Greece will probably try to form an alliance against Croatia, Slovenia, Muslim Bosniaks, Albania and Bulgaria. My guess is the former is more likely to win against the latter since Greece's armies are much more superior compared to Bulgaria's soviet-era armies thanks to modernization of Greece's armies on German's marks. And the rest, Slovenia, Albania and Croatia cannot be considered serious contenders when pitted against Serbia, Romania and Greece.

If they develop nukes you're lost.

Joe McCarthy
01-11-2011, 06:58 PM
If there was another Balkan War... who would win?

The United States.

poiuytrewq0987
01-11-2011, 07:00 PM
The United States.

The USA will actually have to put down boots this time and we all see how that worked out for them in Iraq and Afghanistan. ;)

Wyn
01-11-2011, 07:02 PM
The United States.

Pretty much whichever side has the US as its ally, yes.

Joe McCarthy
01-11-2011, 07:03 PM
The USA will actually have to put down boots this time and we all see how that worked out for them in Iraq and Afghanistan. ;)

Saddam's forces were crushed in weeks and the insurgency is beaten.

As for Afghanistan...the Taliban was smashed in weeks, was effectively dead for 2 1/2 years, and didn't hit full stride in insurgent mode until 2006.

Peerkons
01-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Serbija would bang the shit out of others.
u pičku materinu kurac!
9EnchYul09I

Rostislav
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Greek, probably.

Megrez
01-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Russia, hopefully.

Peerkons
01-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Russia? Are fkn kidding me?
The morale of standart russian soldier is so low. Most of their machinery is rosted.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00789/soldiers-tank_789453c.jpg

Albion
01-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Depends if there are any non-Balkan allies. With no interference from NATO / USA or Russia I'd say Serbia would win against each individual country. However if said countries formed an alliance against Serbia I think Serbia would put up one hell of a fight but alas would be overwhelmed.

Megrez
01-11-2011, 07:49 PM
They only need to nuke the whole area... or threaten to do it (after NATO intervenes, of course).

Joe McCarthy
01-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Depends if there are any non-Balkan allies. With no interference from NATO / USA or Russia I'd say Serbia would win against each individual country. However if said countries formed an alliance against Serbia I think Serbia would put up one hell of a fight but alas would be overwhelmed.

The point of course is that the US and NATO WOULD intervene, and would intervene massively. We're not going to let Balkanoids start WW3.

Nglund
01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
China will win (;)).

anonymaus
If there was another Balkan War... who would win?

Nobody.

Peerkons
Have to keep them on leash xD
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eeutqky5_y8/TBRx8peXKDI/AAAAAAAAAEA/YR7XD3zs1YI/s1600/ChildLeashWoman.jpg

Joe McCarthy
01-11-2011, 07:55 PM
China will win (;)).

Here's what happened to China's embassy in Belgrade:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1999/china.50/asian.superpower/us.v.china/top.embassy.bomb.jpg

:)

Harcos
01-11-2011, 08:51 PM
SqvZlGd_uZ4

In an ideal world.

Albion
01-11-2011, 09:24 PM
The point of course is that the US and NATO WOULD intervene, and would intervene massively. We're not going to let Balkanoids start WW3.

Well in that case whoever Team America (http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/index.htm) ;)backed would probably win, I doubt it'd be Serbia.

Heretik
01-11-2011, 09:37 PM
If there was another Balkan war, the Balkan states would disappear / go bankrupt (excluding maybe Slovenia) since none of the possible contenders have enough money to wage a war. And war is, khm khm obviously, extremely expensive.
If we disregard that little fact and take only army forces into account, then, Greece probably since they have the strongest army on the peninsula (blame the Turks :D).

antonio
01-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Obviously the side backed by NATO, that is, international capital.

Fortis in Arduis
01-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Slovenia. :yawn:

Monolith
01-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Croatia already won. :cool:

ikki
01-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Turks. They would be the "international peacekeepers", busy killing men and raping women. The next balkan generation would be all turks..

Turkophagos
01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
http://www.taenaroapartments.gr/mayrom01.jpg

Maniots.

Peasant
01-12-2011, 10:15 AM
NATO will win and take all your Albanians home.

Motörhead Remember Me
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
As usual with the Balkans, there are no winners...

Pallantides
01-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Excluding Turkey

I was going to say Turkey...:(
DoeEL4VQAs0

Kanasyuvigi
01-12-2011, 12:29 PM
The answer is the same as in the question "Who will win in a war between Christians and Muslims?"
Shalom.
Mm btw, this guy Libre, wasn't he Bulgarian a few months ago? :D

Raikaswinþs
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
nobody would win. some would lose less I guess... but even that is arguable.

I wonder if anybody in the Balkans misses the Yugoslavian times (Aside from Kusturica)

Kanasyuvigi
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
The nostalgic sentiment for the Yugoslavian times is strongest in Bosnia and Macedonia
According to the last census in Serbia, 70 000 still identify themselves as Yugoslavians. In Bosnia the number is higher for sure; in the last pre-war census in B&H 240 000 people claimed that they are Yugoslavians, so we could expect numbers of at least 100-150 000 now.

Heretik
01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
nobody would win. some would lose less I guess... but even that is arguable.

I wonder if anybody in the Balkans misses the Yugoslavian times (Aside from Kusturica)

There are some, but, luckily, their numbers are decreasing.

Raikaswinþs
01-12-2011, 04:07 PM
There are some, but, luckily, their numbers are decreasing.

luckily? From the outside it looks like you were better off together

Heretik
01-12-2011, 04:11 PM
If you find oppression better, then yes, it was all peachy and dandy. :rolleyes:

Raikaswinþs
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
If you find oppression better, then yes, it was all peachy and dandy. :rolleyes:

yeah because now the Balkan countries are known for their high quotes of democracy and freedom...

Heretik
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
:thumbs Whatever you say.

Guapo
01-12-2011, 04:58 PM
From the outside it looks like you were better off together

True, probably would have won the '94 World Cup too.

Heretik
01-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh yes, that's the most important thing in a life of a regular ex-yu citizen. That and betting. :thumbs

Monolith
01-12-2011, 07:03 PM
As usual with the Balkans, there are no winners...
It depends on the weather. Right now, Albanians are the winners.

wonder if anybody in the Balkans misses the Yugoslavian times (Aside from Kusturica)
In Croatia, only a few hardcore commies and people of mixed ancestry miss it I guess. Not many people in any case. I wouldn't know about the situation in Serbia but I did notice that many Serbs on the Internet tend to glorify Yugoslavia. Curiously enough, they use largely the same arguments as the elderly commies here in Croatia; [whining mode]everyone had a job, we could travel anywhere etc.[/whining mode]

more info in this thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12766&highlight=yugoslavia)

The nostalgic sentiment for the Yugoslavian times is strongest in Bosnia and Macedonia
According to the last census in Serbia, 70 000 still identify themselves as Yugoslavians. In Bosnia the number is higher for sure; in the last pre-war census in B&H 240 000 people claimed that they are Yugoslavians, so we could expect numbers of at least 100-150 000 now.
I suppose this phenomenon is arguably the strongest in Bosnia, considering it is traditionally ethnically heterogeneous and there were many mixed marriages there? Aramis to the rescue? ;)

Arrow Cross
01-12-2011, 07:04 PM
What reason would Greece have to join another South Slav organized gangbang?

Vasconcelos
01-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Epirus!

The Lawspeaker
01-12-2011, 07:17 PM
The European Union.

http://nukeitfromorbit.com/nuke.jpg.pagespeed.ce.0KE-wKJ30C.jpg
Britain and France say "Hi !"

Monolith
01-12-2011, 07:29 PM

Nah, I'm afraid they're too busy sucking up to America.

I'm uncle Sam's little bitch!
No, I am!

The Lawspeaker
01-12-2011, 07:31 PM
I hope that by then they will have overcome that addiction and maybe deliver that nuke somewhere else. Ankara would be a nice start. With Tel Aviv, Mecca and Jerusalem following suit.

And I am quite sure that the Chinese wouldn't give a damn if we did.

Vasconcelos
01-12-2011, 07:37 PM
It's impossible to say who'd win when we don't even know what the causus belli was, how local military alliances would work out (excluding outside interference) and how the military would perform.

If we go by defense budget, tho...well, that'd be easy, Greece's is larger than all of the other's combined. It's actually the 7th largest in the World per capita.

Crossbow
01-12-2011, 07:48 PM
I hope that by then they will have overcome that addiction and maybe deliver that nuke somewhere else. Ankara would be a nice start. With Tel Aviv, Mecca and Jerusalem following suit.

And I am quite sure that the Chinese wouldn't give a damn if we did.

Turkey on the other hand, is looking for Chinese friendship and wishes to intensify relations (http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90776/90883/7018094.html) between both countries.

Guapo
01-12-2011, 07:56 PM
According to the last census in Serbia, 70 000 still identify themselves as Yugoslavians.

And only 50% of the population in Serbia are ethnic Serbs. Serbs don't want a new Yugoslavia. We just want western Bulgaria and northern Macedonia.

Joe McCarthy
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
The European Union.

http://nukeitfromorbit.com/nuke.jpg.pagespeed.ce.0KE-wKJ30C.jpg

Might want to get a military first. Last time the US had to intervene due to Europe's lack of firepower.

poiuytrewq0987
01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
And only 50% of the population in Serbia are ethnic Serbs. Serbs don't want a new Yugoslavia. We just want western Bulgaria and northern Macedonia.

No such thing as Northern Macedonia. :D

Volkodav
07-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Romania will not have the funds to bring back the troops from Afganistan;
Bulgaria will not put a strong offensive against Romania, eventually they'll give up fighting.
All greek guns against the turks, the north is not important.
All remaining countries will attack Serbia, and the serbs will loose.
Serbian revolt in Bosnia.

mymy
07-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Uhh... How can anyone ask question like this? Why would anyone think about new war?
I think it was really enough and if some new war happen here, i am emigrating and i don't care for patriotism and other stories. I mean, If my nation is stupid enough to go in new war again (like before) i really don't want to watch it.

BeerBaron
07-03-2011, 12:50 PM
The country that "wins" will be the one that doesn't get bombed by the USA

And no, it doesn't require boots on the ground it is a completely different scenario from the middle east.

bulgarian88
07-07-2011, 01:23 AM

Who cares, we (all Balkan countries) are all remote backwaters no-one ever visits, that expect from our wives to cook meals and clean the dishes, while we drink alcohol watching football. ;) But don't worry - our wives are obedient, because they like it like that. They like staying at home, or going shopping without having to go to work. Well, at least most of them. They just LOVE stereotypical gender behavior. That's why they dress like whores.

abba
11-18-2014, 06:14 PM
There is no WINNERS in WARS idiot. Only losers. As soon as you pick up that gun and put on that uniform, you automatically become a loser already. You become just a number and part of the brainwashing mechanisam that leaders use to recruit young and naive minds. You are fighting for what? You have one life and you are fighting for some poppy flower that strangers will wear after they bury your body? Give me a break. Stop wasting time and wake up. You are part of the system. In wars you lose everything. Your mind and your soul. You become a completely different being. And for what? For some borders and something called patriotism? BS!

Böri
11-20-2014, 07:24 PM

If Greece and Serbia unite, then they defeat others. But Turkey will also participate with aid. If Turkey chose bulgaria side then Bulgaria side win. Russia will help Serbia here.
http://www.aa.com.tr/en/news/420829--serb-and-russian-forces-hold-joint-drills-in-serbia

albanoi
11-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Wars are expensive now none will win.

Geni
11-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Protoss

Jehan
11-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Actually what is the military alliance betwwen balkan country?

ALSh
11-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Actually what is the military alliance betwwen balkan country?

Everyone against everyone.